Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro
2399 N. Federal Hwy
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rocksteadyjamaicanbistro.com/
- Phone: 5614653167
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Sunday : close
Sunday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday: 12:30 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Duane K Morgan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering and Events Planning, We cater for Large & Small parties, weddings, Anniversaries, etc.
Our Catering is not limited to our menu.
- Entertainment: We offer occasional live entertainment
A word from Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro
One Bite, One Taste, One Love. Love the no problem attitude inspired by good times, good friends, good food, and good music. We offer a cozy place for friends to meet and get away from the everyday ordinary.Continued
A true taste of Jamaica is waiting for you!
A true taste of Jamaica is waiting for you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great find!pennyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were visiting from Boston and came here with my husband and son because we haven't had a real authentic Jamaican food experience. All the reviews said it was great so though we'd try it. We eat out a lot and are foodies. Since we both travel for a living we've experienced great food everywhere and have very high standards. We were all so pleasantly surprised! Everything was made to order and very fresh. I had the OX tail stew and it was very tender and flavourful. Husband had Jerk chicken - very impressed that they kept it moist and juicy. Son had the shrimp very tasty with lots of great savory spices! People were very personable and the service was great too! We are coming back again for another meal as soon we come back to FL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Food/Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed our visit here. The service was fantastic. Our table was ready and the food was perfect. We certainly will go here again. I would absolutely recommend a visit! I just hate that we had not found this earlier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro reviews archive.
- BocadocVIPDined on 5/9/2014Friendly staff. Tasty food. Nice atmosphere. Carribean/Raggae music in the background was just the right volume - not overpowering. The specials were a bit pricey. The bread pudding is a great dessert but only sometimes available.
- IrielumpVIPDined on 4/18/2014The food here s awesome and the service also is greatSpecial Features:
- Taking us back to JamaicaOhioiansDined on 4/8/2014We have tried both Rocksteady Cafe and Bistro and both times the food has been excellent. It brought back many wonderful memories of our trips to Jamaica and the delicious food we had there. We are from Ohio but you can be sure we will be back next year to try more Brown stewed chicken, Escovich Snapper, or maybe try something different! Oh and the coco bread is so yummy! Our waitress was wonderful and spent time talking to us about Jamaica. If you like to try different types of food then you need to check Rocksteady out. We were there on a Thursday so it was quiet and not real busy.Special Features:
- Like always.....one of theFrankieDined on 4/5/2014Like always.....one of the best restaurants in Palm Beach County.....food & service is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jerk chicken!LuvmexicanVIPDined on 4/5/2014the jerk chicken was delicious. Tried the crab fritter and was not really fond of that. It was more like a crab cake and not too tasty. My fiancé had the shrimp curry which was good. Will go back for the jerk chicken!Special Features:
- Excellent food. Every dishFoodVIPDined on 3/22/2014Excellent food. Every dish we had was very tasty made with fresh ingredients. I will certainly dine there again. Parking can be a challenge, but don't let that discourage you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RocksteadyRocksteadyDined on 3/15/2014The food was good we love island food Jamaican especially and it was tasty. Decent beer selection. No Rum so don't expect liquor. The main issue I had was there were several menus not available like coffee. Macaroni and cheese for my 11 year old. . Which just happened to be some of the items we were looking for. I would list this as good for 16+ not super kid friendly. Service was good no issues there at all. I will probably give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placePamjohn100Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent food and service, however we really miss the live music on Fridays.Special Features:
- Excellent fish!100213VIPDined on 2/14/2014Very friendly service and good food. Nice to have vegetables along with excellent fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table secretFreshandlocalVIPDined on 2/7/2014This is the best kept secret in south Florida. Chef Morgan is using only local and fresh meat and produce. And the results are simply awesome. Curry chicken. Jerk anything. And the shrimp rundown is amazing, a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamaica comes to BocaJmillzDined on 10/12/2013Nice place, good fresh food and great flavors. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and Jamaican flavoRichDined on 9/28/2013The atmosphere and decor was outstanding, the wait person was exceptional, and we both highly enjoyed our dinners, which were well represented both in the menu and by the wait person. We will definitely return soon to this neighborhood delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can't afford to travelOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2013If you can't afford to travel to the islands then hop over to this place. Its really wonderful and the food is special. try the scallops as an appetizer its the real deal with some KICKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Authentic JamaicanLarryVIPDined on 5/24/2013Love this place. Great food and great people. Friday nights reggae music. Just a cool vibe and great food.Special Features:
- No problem - We will come againBocadocVIPDined on 5/4/2013Friendly personal service and good food in a small comfortable setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of a restaurantLarryVIPDined on 5/3/2013Unexpected surprise with great service and even better food. But please dont go, I want to always be able to get a table! :)Special Features:
- Great place to grab somethingnavidadVIPDined on 4/20/2013Great place to grab something different. The restaurant was uncomfortably warm. I would have had a better experience otherwise. Spicy food and too warn inside is not a good combo.Special Features:
- Trying to find a place forChrisVIPDined on 4/13/2013Trying to find a place for dinner on a Saturday night I always go to Open Table for ideas. When I saw this restaurant and great reviews I was delighted. Finally a great authentic ethnic restaurant in Boca. There are about 40 seats and the atmosphere is great. If you are tired of going out and everyplace has the same thing on the menu and no value this place is a must. Can't wait to go back. First timers must get the sampler platter as a starter. Support this local place nd expand your palate.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Excellent food and service, nice twist on traditional Jamaican food.Special Features:
- We had a most enjoyable mealkaragatorDined on 3/22/2013We had a most enjoyable meal and will definitely be going back. The entertainment was amazing.Special Features:
- Delicious Jamaican food.blueskiesVIPDined on 2/27/2013Delicious Jamaican food. Lovely couple who own the restaurant. Service is slow because the owners do everything with help in the kitchen. Very sweet owners. Go when you are not in a hurry and just have patience.Special Features:
- undiscovered findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013Surprisingly good food. Reasonable prices. It is a shame that there weren't more people dining while we were there.Special Features:
- Great Jamaican placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2013The restaurant was Great! I took my husband here for his birthday and he loved it! He's from jamaica and its hard to find true jamaican restaurants with a romantic flare for adults. I loved the staff they greated us by name and had a table reserved for us before we got there. Overral the food was great and so were the owners. Will be coming back!!Special Features:
- A true Jamaican restaurant!The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012We went there for my sisters birthday and I must say the service was impeccable, top notch service! The place is small but decorated very beautifully! The Bob market music playing in the background couldn't have been better for the mood. Very extensive menu which was great a lot to choose from, not like other Jamaican restaurants I've been too where you have maybe five options! Once our food came I thought I was in heaven!! The food was beyond what I thought I would have tasted!! It was soooo good!!! Great spices not too over bearing, rice was very lite and wonderful! And the coco bread is to die for! The owner of the restaurant came out and introduced himself! Very nice!Special Features:
- It's such a fun place withOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2012It's such a fun place with terrific food an the nicest people.
- It is great to know a localoxfordDined on 8/22/2012It is great to know a local and AUTHENTIC Jamaican restaurant with the owner as the chef. Great service and very friendly people, our dinner was tasty and terrific.Special Features:
- Great little place. Very comfortablOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Great little place. Very comfortable bistro atmosphere, excellent food (plenty of heat if you ask for it, none if you don't want it). Authentic jerk chicken, oxtail and goat curry, and innovative fish dishes, all reasonably priced.Special Features: