Rocks Modern Grill at Beaver Creek Lodge
26 Avondale Lane
Beaver Creek, CO 81620Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rocks Modern Grill at Beaver Creek Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beavercreeklodge.net/dining/dining.asp
- Phone: 9708451730x
- Hours of Operation:
Fall Hours (September 1, 2014-October 11, 2014):
Breakfast: Daily 7am-10:30am
Bar: Thurs-Sat 4pm-close, Closed: Sun-Wed
Dinner: Thurs-Sat 5pm-close, Closed: Sun-Wed
*Closing hours are subject to change based on daily business levels.
***Rocks Modern Grill will be closing for the fall season on October 12, 2014 and reopening November 21, 2014 for the winter season.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Justin Kalaluhi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our Catering Sales Manager:
Lori Harding - 970-845-9800 ext 527
- Private Party Facilities: Experience your next unique private dinner or conference meeting in our new 14-person Kessler Wine Room. Adjacent to both the Aspen Room and Blue Spruce Room, it can be used privately or in conjunction with both rooms. This room is great for buffets or breakout sessions. It also has its own private access to our side deck offering spectacular valley views.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Lewis 970-845-1736x
- Special Events: When making reservations for holidays and/or groups of 8-people or more, Rock's restaurant will require a credit card to hold your reservation. Please call and confirm your reservation.
- Cross Street: Village Rd
- Public Transit: Adjacent to Beaver Creek Bus/Transit stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Please enjoy the use of our complimentary valet parking. You only need to bring your valet ticket with you when you dine and one of our Grand Performers will be happy to validate your parking.
A word from Rocks Modern Grill at Beaver Creek Lodge
Chef Justin Kalaluhi serves his casual American cuisine in an informal, yet comfortable setting with stunning views of Beaver Creek. Located by the covered bridge entrance to Beaver Creek Village on the second floor of Beaver Creek Lodge, Rocks Modern Grill is a unique dining destination suitable for the entire family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rocks Modern Grill at Beaver Creek Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent mealLisaJaneDined on 7/13/2014We had a group of 7. We all chose different entrees and they were all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Rocks Modern Grill at Beaver Creek Lodge reviews archive.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Our group of four consisted of two 50+ and 2 20+. The groups with kids got way more attention and service than we did. The ribs were fatty, max& cheese nothing to write home about and the chicken Ceasar's salad was bitter and lacked enough dressing to make up for it. Even dessert was unremarkable. A triple chocolate something that lacked any chocolate flavor! Where did it go?? Coffee was good. Really disappointing!Special Features:
- this is fun after ski après-ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/27/2014this is fun after ski après-our service was good but our dinner was average, ceasar was flat & warm, pork tacos were good
- RocksCvsplaceDined on 2/20/2014Menu was limited and font was unreadable in some instances. A member of our party ordered chicken and it was sold out that night. We were there at 6pm. It was once a lively place to go. Wait staff did not seem to have a handle on task At hand.
- Great staff and food.MalkaDined on 2/16/2014Wonderful place for dinner. Never had lunch there, so unsure if it is offered. Highly recommended for dinner. Lively bar scene. Great for kids, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RocksSparkyDined on 2/13/2014A warm and comfortable feeling. We thought the food was very good. We really liked the apps and soup very much Only about 6 choices on the dinner menue. Would have liked a few more to choose from. Enjoyed our evening and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Disappointing FoodNancyVIPDined on 2/3/2014Emily was a delightful server--attentive, knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. Unfortunately, the food was only mediocre.Special Features:
- What a disappointment!NancyVIPDined on 12/30/2013We returned to Rock's for our pre-theater dinner because we had such a delightful experience there last summer. Unfortunately, this time it was a disappointment. The hostess told us that most items on the menu could be prepared gluten free and she highly recommended the salmon. 2 of us ordered the salmon. 15 minutes later we were informed that no, it was not available gluten free. Nor were most of the entres. I ended up with a bun-less burger, not quite the elegant entre I was looking forward to enjoying after a full day of skiing on the slopes. The service as good and the waitress tried. Unfortunately, the kitchen was not helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of Fall Menu LimitationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2013Restaurant was slightly disorganized and preoccupied by a large group. Menu was limited due to "off season", which was not mentioned on their site. Filets were good, but the cocovan chicken was strange looking and did not taste good. Previous visit a few years ago was very good.Special Features:
- Our dinner was lite fare whichKerbVIPDined on 8/2/2013Our dinner was lite fare which is what we were looking for. It was very pleasant and my guest enjoyed it also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't recommend itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013There was nobody there and one would think the service would be excellent but it was terrible.It took way too long to get our waitress to take our order and ever come back to our table. The food was ok-- they state the Mac n cheese is the best in the world! My kids were not impressed. Yet it was Kraft from a box I can make better homemade mac n cheese.
- The food was good but feltOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2013The food was good but felt like we were in a conference room as opposed to a restaurant. We had to wait over 40 minutes for our drinks to arrive and food delivery was additional slow. Clearly there was a lack of staffing and compared to the other restaurant options in Beaver Creek this would have to be at the bottom of the list.
- Nothing specialBellyachersDined on 3/2/2013Tasty food but overpriced. And, beware if they offer you bread, you'll be charged $5 for it! Wine list meager and marked up unreasonably high.
- Do not waste your money. DisorganizOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2013Do not waste your money. Disorganized and amateurish restaurant staff. How do you put olive juice in a tequila cocktail by mistake? Totally undrinkable! Food was barely edible. Choose another restaurant if you want a nice dinner!!!
- Not a bad experiencebakster21Dined on 2/23/2013Was seated fast, and had an overall nice time. Food was prepared quickly, but first wine choice was not available. Pasta dish was bland - little flavor. Pork sliders were tasty and easy to eat. Would like to try again sometime soon!
- There are many excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013There are many excellent restaurants in Beaver Creek -- would not recommend Rocks Modern Grill. Seems during our dinner the Chef likely quit, since all the wait staff disappeared and seemed to be cooking the meals, thus we could not get our check. After about 30 minutes and a threat to simply leave without paying, the check finally arrived. There were many other tables that left without eating anything, since their dinners never arrived. Nobody come out to explain the situation. Clearly they need to sort their kitchen staff...so would avoid this restaurant. It was not just that they had a problem, it was the way the Manager handled the situation -- which was to hide in the kitchen versus being up-front and communicating the situation.
- Train wreck of an EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/17/2013Our evening was a train wreck. The waiter had no clue what he was doing. The food for half the adults never showed up. The good for the kids came out incorrectly several times and in 15 minute increments. We did not pay and did not leave a tip which I have never done and have no guilt. This restaurant needs a major rehaul.
- This was a great dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013This was a great dinner with my wife during our stay at Beaver Creek Resort. Staff was very friendly and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- No hostess greeted us. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2013No hostess greeted us. We had to ask the bartender to seat us and the place was less than one quarter full. Despite that they were inexplicably "out" of champagne glasses. What? Menu was unappealing. Trying to be to many things to too many people. Only a handful of what I would consider white table cloth dining options. Do you wanna be a burger and wing place or compete with the other primary contenders in beaver creek? Plenty of better options for the money. Our waiter seemed less than interested in our being there and then at the end of the meal noted how empty the place was and asked us to recommend the place to others. Handwriting on the wall perhaps but this place seems destined not to last despite a prime location. Up your game.
- Change the cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2013This restaurant has been in the Beaver Creek Lodge for a number of years. Considering the number of choices in Beaver Creek for similar Western American cuisine this restaurant definitely ranks in the bottom third. The food was good but small portions. They even charge $5 for bread. They should really consider changing the cuisine to the type of food that doesn't exist in BC, as upscale barbecue or Asian fusion. As for ambience, while the bar area is spiffy, the dining area looks like a conference room decorated by Office Depot.
- We attended a price fix dinnervisitors2013Dined on 12/31/2012We attended a price fix dinner on New Year's Eve. The restaurant offered two separate seatings, one at 6:30 and one at 8:30. What they neglected to tell us was that the later seating -- even with the exact same menu -- was $20 more per head. The food was very good but the portions were small, and they tried too hard to make the food "couture." For example, the starter was an oyster with a dab of some Japanese cream sauce and caviar. They do purport to be family-friendly, and for ages 10 and under had a kiddie menu, but our experience was that the food was too sophisticated (and too expensive) to waste on teenagers.Special Features:
- Awful experience - I startedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012Awful experience - I started typing the review, but there aren't enough characters to say all that needs to be said, therefore - suffice to say we will not go back, will not recommend - didn't even leave a tip (which we have NEVER, EVER done before!)
- Terrible Experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012We went to Rocks Modern Grill for New Year's Eve and found out that there was a set menu for $95.00 a person. After deciding that the menu looked amazing, we thought that we'd be willing to pay $95.00 for some great food. Well, the food was great, but each portion was only about 3 bites, literally. The portions were so small that we all left hungry. On top of that, we had terrible service and our waiter kept telling us that he'd never seen the menu before, so he had no idea what was what. He could answer absolutely no answers about this menu and didn't make our New Year's dinner seem special at all. AND he was very absent most of the meal and we had to hunt him down to get drinks several times. Overall, it was terrible and not worth $95
- Rocks is a great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/28/2012Rocks is a great location in the heart of Beaver Creek village. The main bar & dining room is very charming. Unfortunately, we were seated in an adjacent room that seemed like a convention room. However, it worked out well because our group was large & we had children with us. Overall, it was a great dining experience. I love when I can get a great meal (Colorado Bass) & my kids can enjoy decent fare as well--excellent petite filet on the children's menu! We also tried the fried calamari appetizer, which was very light & fresh & had a unique pepper & curry sauce. Plus, our service was excellent & quick--again, great when dining with kids. We will return!Special Features:
- Did the Christmas buffet atRickVIPDined on 12/25/2012Did the Christmas buffet at Rocks. Food was good, service was fantastic (Ray was great). The location is fabulous. It feels like you are in your own private resort, yet is in the middle of Beaver Creek. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/22/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, but we went on a set menu for Thanksgiving. So I can only rate the ambiance and service. The view and hotel are amazing. The service is great!Special Features:
- We had breakfast here justBOS2SANVIPDined on 9/6/2012We had breakfast here just a few days after Labor Day. It was very quiet and seemed like the few diners who were there were conference attendees. Plenty of staff. I ordered the omelette which came with potatoes that looked like mini square french fries. I felt $12 was a bit pricey for a cheese omelette that didn't even include toast, so I ordered a croissant as well. It was so fresh and flakey. My husband had the american breakfast..nothing special.Special Features:
- We were called 2 days aheadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2012We were called 2 days ahead & told that they don't open until June 14 so we had the concierge make reservations elsewhere
- Couldn't quite figure outOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/10/2012Couldn't quite figure out why it took so long to get a salad and a chicken sandwich. Ultimately, the food was good...even though we ended up taking it to go.Special Features:
- The food did not quite matchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2012The food did not quite match the location, ambience, or prices. Could benefit from a wider selection of entrees.Special Features:
- Disappointing Service and Poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2012Food was mediocre at best. Service was slow and not very good with food taking forever to come out. This restaurant is neither a good bar nor a good restaurant and I would suggest eating somewhere else.
- No complaints about the food,MonikaVIPDined on 1/12/2012No complaints about the food, large portions of the entrees. However, staff should offer bread basket, especially when a bottle of wine has been ordered. Staff could use additional training.Special Features:
- Loved the ambiance, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2012Loved the ambiance, however the restaurant was very cold. Even though our waiter said he would adjust the temperature, we still felt cold. Most of the food was delicious, but 2 of the filet mignons which were ordered medium rare, were served well done...very disappointing. The appetizers & deserts were outstanding & unique, in particular the funnel cake fries served with a caramel sauce & a chocolate sauce. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Ordered 2 different winesdrjlopezVIPDined on 1/5/2012Ordered 2 different wines from the wine list and they didn't have either one.
- LameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011This New Year's dinner at Rocks Modern Grill was a joke. When we made the reservation there was no notice that it was a $60 fixed price menu; nor did anyone tell me when we called to confirm. The menu had NO choices; it was not "choose one of two" for each course; it was totally fixed. Bad move. We had two vegetarians with us; they had no veggie option. Ultimately they were willing (barely) to come up with one. They had no kids options and were NOT willing to even make some basic pasta. The service was ok to weak; the food was pretty awful. The decorations were fun, although they stuck us in some back makeshift room despite the fact that we were the first ones there. Overall, a $600 waste of money.
- Great bartender who make hisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2011Great bartender who make his own special martinis and mojitos. Food excellent.
- Attentive StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2011The bar patrons made the atmosphere a little uncomfortable for a few tables with kids. But the staff gets an A for effort, trying to make everyone happy.Special Features:
- Nothing Modern and Nothing RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011A few dished like th lobster dip were good, most were uninspired or poorly inspired and tired in serving and presentation. The Rib appetiser was too tough to cut let alone eat. The Caesar Spinach, nothing more than a traditional Spinach Salad. The past dishes were dry, poorly crafted and unattractive to say the least. The skin on my duck was burned. The phyllo pouch of sweet potatoe cubes was hardly worth eatting and appeared to have been touched by the broler as well. And, my son's rather expensive filet mignon, was of questionable quality and not tender as it should be. No excuses for this place. Should have know why it was the only place in town to get a late reservation. Gordon Ramsey would take a Flame Thrower to the meny and the chef.
- Rocks Restaurant really rocks!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2011Make sure you have a reservation! This is a very popular place and rightly so. The food is incredibly delicious. The servings are well-portioned. Our group of three ladies ordered an appetizer each which was equivalent to a meal and a delicious glass of wine. What a treat!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2011There is no organization whatsover between servers and kitchen. Everyone is running around like headless chickens. Some clearly want to please but don't know how. Staff needs to be trained to work together so it doesn't take 1h to get a burger when the restaurant is 60% full.