ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach
120 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rocknfishrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3103799900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are two different locations available for private party use: -A mezzanine dining area overlooking the main dining area and bar, which comfortably seats up to 34 guests. It’s a great place to host a private party, without giving up the lively atmosphere of Rock’N Fish. -An enclosed patio area located in the front of the restaurant, which comfortably seats up to 40 guests. Please contact the restaurant directly for more information, call or visit our website at www.rocknfishmb.com.
- Private Party Contact: Gerry Martel 3103799900
- Special Events: Please visit our website for a listing of local events and special events here at the restaurant.
- Cross Street: Manhattan Ave.
- Public Transit: Ocean Express free trolley service is available from the LAX area to various stops around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The city of Manhattan Beach offers valet parking Thursday- Saturday on Manhattan Ave., both north and south of the pier; metered street and lot parking is always available (bring quarters and read all posted signs).
A word from ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach
Voted #1 "Best Dinner Menu" by the South Bay Beach Reporter readers' survey, ROCK'N FISH, a lively local dining spot, is the South Bay's premier seafood and steak restaurant offering a fun, casually elegant atmosphere with an enclosed patio and South Bay's best looking back bar. With a Cajun inspired menu, highlights include oak-grilled fresh fish and the finest prime steaks, ice cold shrimp and oysters, King crab legs& Australian lobster tails, American Regional specialties, chilled salads, fresh-made soups, signature sandwiches, creative pastas, and freshly made desserts. In addition to the 300 bottles of wine, the bar offers over 200 Brands of liquor, and features our signature Navy Grogs, hand-shaken martinis, house-made Bloody Mary’s and margaritas. And of course, beer is always an option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (35)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (33)great for lunch (31)special occasion (30)scenic view (26)good for groups (23)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (18)romantic (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Love the food..DiTayDined on 10/18/2014Very casual. The food was great. My melin Margarita was delicious. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING DinnerDianaVIPDined on 10/14/2014There are so many other restuarants nearby --but this one should not be missed! We enjoyed incredible service that we will never forget from Edward. He happily took care of our multiple special orders for meals and kept the INCREDIBLE bread basket refilled. The wine list was very impressive and much more reasonable than other restaurants nearby. You should not miss Rock'n Fish. The specials are fantastic and the regular menu items are always great! The relaxed environment makes for a relaxing and fun meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I need to buy stockjohnleeDined on 10/11/2014In this restaurant. Easily the best place to hang out and eat great good. I would be there more if I didn't have a job.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/9/2014Used to love it here. Fish is still very fresh but the noise is limiting, even when sitting upstairs where it is supposed to be quieter. We had a hard time communicating with our waiter because of the noise, but also I think he may have been hard of hearing anyway. It took more than 20 min for our artichoke appetizer. That was ridiculous and sort of set the mood for the meal.
- Great Place!!!!!!!!LizzysVintageFindsVIPDined on 10/8/2014One of my favorites in downtown Manhattan Beach! The food is delicious and the setting is perfect!Special Features:
- Hmm what else can I say?JohnleeDined on 10/4/2014My favorite place to eat. My favorite place to drink. All my favorite servers and bartenders. If they would bring back the Nicoise, I would move in. That's one reason not to bring back the Nicoise.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were extremely satisfied. We had the option to go to the downtown location but choose the Manhattan Beach location because of its scenic view.Special Features:
- Just as good as last week!johnleeDined on 9/27/2014Consistently amazing dining. Had the King Salmon which was cooked to perfection, the yummy veggies, killer Mac and Cheese and then finished my girlfriend's Napa Sonoma salad! Now it's time for a run.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingArmstrong1108Dined on 9/26/2014My step dad is on a special no salt diet for medical reasons... I put a note about this in the reservation and they had read it and were totally prepared with suggestions and options. This is already my favorite place in the south bay (and the first place my parents want to go when they are in town) because the food wine and service is always great...we were a high maintenance group this time but it didn't phase anyone. Really appreciated how nice and accommodating everyone was, especially our server and the kitchen staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome fishDuke64Dined on 9/23/2014Great food and dining experience. The Server Jessie, was phenomenal. She was very kind, professional, courteous, and knowledgeable about menu, and gave us some great menu suggestions that were fabulous!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014Great lunch with extensive menu and options. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best ever!johnleeDined on 9/13/2014The service is impeccable, the food is beyond yummy (I've eaten my way thru at least 80% of their menu and have not had a bad meal yet) and the view is killer. Easily my favorite time of the week is hanging out there for lunch on the weekend or a sneak lunch during the week once in awhile.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerToothdoc693Dined on 9/6/2014We went to Rock 'n Fish to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant was very busy but we were seated at our table at our reserved time. Service was good, food not so much. A very uninspiring birthday meal.
- Wine by the GlassJustusDined on 9/4/2014Their wine by the glass is truly a double pour! Food was amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLfergDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful food! Helps to make reservations because the place is popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Not very impressed...seemed more like a bar than restaurant. Too much traffic, very distracting, seemed rushed. Did not acknowledge special occasion birthday.
- Rockin' at Rockin' FishCarolBDined on 8/20/2014ALWAYS great food and ALWAYS a very happening scene. This is not the place for a romantic interlude, but a fun place to have a few drinks, eat some terrific food and try to keep up with the decibles happening here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendTonyDined on 8/14/2014This was a great place for dinner and drinks. I would have given 5 stars on food, but the coconut shrimp weren't good. The Blackened Halibut was the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soNYC333VIPDined on 8/12/2014I did not know what to expect, which was probably a good thing. The food is very average, but not average in price. Our waiter, Edward, was on the condescending side, and we did not appreciate his commentary. I would not return.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysRileybearDined on 8/12/2014Love this place! Always great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a FavoriteDezzVWDined on 8/10/2014Going down to Manhattan Beach is always an adventure. I never know how the service is going to be or how I'm going to be treated (because of my ethnicity). I always love the food at this Rock'N Fish location and normally deal with the par/snooty service because the food is so good. I rated the overall experience lower than normal, because it was my birthday and I didn't feel special at all. The "ambience" is nice, it's just small and the tables are close to each other. There is generally a good vibe and good crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatfood4thoughtDined on 8/9/2014I'm never disappointed when I dine at Rock N Fish. I haven't been there in awhile and so I was reluctant to go back as there are other restaurants in the area that I wanted to try. But I decide to go anyway since the other couple we were dining with ha never been. As usual the scene was lively without being pretentious. Casual but not overly so. The waitress was so lovely and even gave us heads up on a couple of dishes that she said were spicy, which we were trying to avoid so she was very helpful. I tried their signature drink, navy grog, and it was a delicious rum drink that had a hint of fruitiness - would definitely get that again! I loved the teriyaki skewers with mashed potatoes and the bread is the best! A great staple in MB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualVicFVIPDined on 8/6/2014Really enjoyed the food and the waitstaff make you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinning ExperienceDine4PleasureDined on 8/5/2014Made selection of this establishment from reading reviews and reviewing the online menu through Open Table. What a wonderful find. They called to confirm our reservation, our table was ready when we arrived a few minutes early, and wait staff was friendly and did not pressure us to turn the table over. The Manhattan Beach location is on two levels and we were seated on the upper level. This may have reduced the noise level a bit, but we could still hold a conversation. Service was prompt and the plates were full. Could have easily made two meals from each dish. Well priced and one of the few establishments that tells you the price of your well drink up front. Parking is metered and may be a challenge, but worth your time.Special Features:
- Working my way thru the menuJohnleeDined on 8/3/2014Just recently had the petite sirloin and the crab legs. Both were awesome. Only a few dishes to go and I will have tried most everything. Love this place to death.Special Features:
- Fun and fabulousJulie8420Dined on 7/31/2014Location, food, atmosphere, and fun. Arrived after a flight from the east coast was hungry and restless. We had to wait a few minutes but it was worth it. The service was typical SoCal- laid back and pleasant but little sense of urgency which was fine we weren't in a hurry. The bartender and host stand were very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysjohnleeDined on 7/27/2014Said it too many times before; the quintessential eating place. My favorite of all time.Special Features:
- Great FoodCliffDined on 7/22/2014I was on a business trip and found this place online. Great find. The food is awesome. I had the crab cakes and my friend had the sword fish. The portions are quite large and very tasty. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Greatest spot ever.JohnleeDined on 7/20/2014No place comes close to rock n fish manhattan. Best place, amazing food, incredible service, I can't say enough about how great it is.Special Features:
- Great food!!NatashaDined on 7/17/2014I chose this wonderful place from the dineLA list and it was a great choice. The service was great and the food was even better!!! I only ate from the dineLA menu, but I'd love to try their Mac and cheese! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014My fish was cooked perfectly but my wife's was over cooked. The asparagus tasted like burnt fuel not roasted on an open flame. On the bright side amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner by the PierPieproDined on 7/16/2014A terrific find just up from the Manhattan Beach, CA town Pier. Very pleasant hostess and wait staff that worked well together. Had Clam Chowder, Caesar Broccolini Salad, and Swordfish. All were great! Saw the Bayou Gumbo and would have had a cup for dessert, but learned it was a very large bowl and knew I couldn't stop eating a good gumbo no matter what size bowl. So, after a short internal debate, I declined. Too bad they couldn't find the same cup I consumed the Chowder in. Overall it was a great place for and early dinner and a nice atmosphere...Special Features:
- great foodsoyummyDined on 7/13/2014Staff was great and they were ready for us with our reservation when we atrived. the place was packed. We were seated upstairs so the ambiance was not as great as being downstairs but the staff and food were both great!Special Features:
- Greatest ever.JohnleeDined on 7/13/2014From the view, to the food, to the amazing service; this place has been my favorite for the 3.5 years I've lived in the southbay. Every Sunday and every other time I'm able to go, it's the happiest place on earth.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Made an online reservation for July 10th, 8:15 pm. Received phone call morning of July 10th, told the lady who called that the dinner was for my wife's birthday, she said they would get us a good table and a small desert for her. So far everything sounds great, right. Arrived at the restaurant at 8:25. Walked over to the reception area, told the lady we had an 8:15 reservation for 4 people, first she asked 8;15 or 9:15? I said 8:15 than she says oh you are more than 15 minutes late so we had to give your table away to somebody else and the wait time is 45 minutes. Showed her the time on my cell phone I said we're only 10 minutes late. Seated in one of the worst tables upstairs, they never remembered my wife's birthday. Was felt unwelcome.
- Delicious as Usual!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014The food at this restaurant is amazing! The service was great and the overall experience was fabulous! We were seated immediately, waited on promptly with a great smile and great attitude and the entire experience was wonderful! I will go back to Rock'N Fish over and over again - it is one of the best restaurants in the South Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so delish!weluv2eatDined on 7/7/2014Food was excellent! Will be back again, & again & again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place delicious foodTreeDined on 7/5/2014Very good food, fun Southern California cuisine, excellent salad choices, ahi tuna and rolls. Would come back if in the area. Make sure to get reservation on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed an early dinnerDebbyDined on 6/29/2014What could be better than sitting on the patio and watching the sunset while sipping a cocktail at Rock N Fish? Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FriendlySunshineDined on 6/22/2014We had dinner during a busy Sunday, summer evening. Our table that was reserved on open table was waiting for us upon arrival. We had a view of the ocean. Great food, friendly service, wonderful evening.Special Features:
- The following 609 reviews are from the ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach reviews archive.