ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach
120 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rocknfishrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3103799900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are two different locations available for private party use: -A mezzanine dining area overlooking the main dining area and bar, which comfortably seats up to 34 guests. It’s a great place to host a private party, without giving up the lively atmosphere of Rock’N Fish. -An enclosed patio area located in the front of the restaurant, which comfortably seats up to 40 guests. Please contact the restaurant directly for more information, call or visit our website at www.rocknfishmb.com.
- Private Party Contact: Gerry Martel 3103799900
- Special Events: Please visit our website for a listing of local events and special events here at the restaurant.
- Cross Street: Manhattan Ave.
- Public Transit: Ocean Express free trolley service is available from the LAX area to various stops around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The city of Manhattan Beach offers valet parking Thursday- Saturday on Manhattan Ave., both north and south of the pier; metered street and lot parking is always available (bring quarters and read all posted signs).
A word from ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach
Voted #1 "Best Dinner Menu" by the South Bay Beach Reporter readers' survey, ROCK'N FISH, a lively local dining spot, is the South Bay's premier seafood and steak restaurant offering a fun, casually elegant atmosphere with an enclosed patio and South Bay's best looking back bar. With a Cajun inspired menu, highlights include oak-grilled fresh fish and the finest prime steaks, ice cold shrimp and oysters, King crab legs& Australian lobster tails, American Regional specialties, chilled salads, fresh-made soups, signature sandwiches, creative pastas, and freshly made desserts. In addition to the 300 bottles of wine, the bar offers over 200 Brands of liquor, and features our signature Navy Grogs, hand-shaken martinis, house-made Bloody Mary’s and margaritas. And of course, beer is always an option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
ROCK'N FISH - Manhattan Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (40)vibrant bar scene (34)fit for foodies (32)hot spot (29)great for lunch (29)special occasion (28)scenic view (28)good for groups (17)great for brunch (15)late-night find (13)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful food! Helps to make reservations because the place is popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Not very impressed...seemed more like a bar than restaurant. Too much traffic, very distracting, seemed rushed. Did not acknowledge special occasion birthday.
- Rockin' at Rockin' FishCarolBDined on 8/20/2014ALWAYS great food and ALWAYS a very happening scene. This is not the place for a romantic interlude, but a fun place to have a few drinks, eat some terrific food and try to keep up with the decibles happening here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendTonyDined on 8/14/2014This was a great place for dinner and drinks. I would have given 5 stars on food, but the coconut shrimp weren't good. The Blackened Halibut was the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/12/2014I did not know what to expect, which was probably a good thing. The food is very average, but not average in price. Our waiter, Edward, was on the condescending side, and we did not appreciate his commentary. I would not return.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysRileybearDined on 8/12/2014Love this place! Always great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a FavoriteDezzVWDined on 8/10/2014Going down to Manhattan Beach is always an adventure. I never know how the service is going to be or how I'm going to be treated (because of my ethnicity). I always love the food at this Rock'N Fish location and normally deal with the par/snooty service because the food is so good. I rated the overall experience lower than normal, because it was my birthday and I didn't feel special at all. The "ambience" is nice, it's just small and the tables are close to each other. There is generally a good vibe and good crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatfood4thoughtDined on 8/9/2014I'm never disappointed when I dine at Rock N Fish. I haven't been there in awhile and so I was reluctant to go back as there are other restaurants in the area that I wanted to try. But I decide to go anyway since the other couple we were dining with ha never been. As usual the scene was lively without being pretentious. Casual but not overly so. The waitress was so lovely and even gave us heads up on a couple of dishes that she said were spicy, which we were trying to avoid so she was very helpful. I tried their signature drink, navy grog, and it was a delicious rum drink that had a hint of fruitiness - would definitely get that again! I loved the teriyaki skewers with mashed potatoes and the bread is the best! A great staple in MB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualVicFVIPDined on 8/6/2014Really enjoyed the food and the waitstaff make you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinning ExperienceDine4PleasureDined on 8/5/2014Made selection of this establishment from reading reviews and reviewing the online menu through Open Table. What a wonderful find. They called to confirm our reservation, our table was ready when we arrived a few minutes early, and wait staff was friendly and did not pressure us to turn the table over. The Manhattan Beach location is on two levels and we were seated on the upper level. This may have reduced the noise level a bit, but we could still hold a conversation. Service was prompt and the plates were full. Could have easily made two meals from each dish. Well priced and one of the few establishments that tells you the price of your well drink up front. Parking is metered and may be a challenge, but worth your time.Special Features:
- Working my way thru the menuJohnleeDined on 8/3/2014Just recently had the petite sirloin and the crab legs. Both were awesome. Only a few dishes to go and I will have tried most everything. Love this place to death.Special Features:
- Fun and fabulousJulie8420Dined on 7/31/2014Location, food, atmosphere, and fun. Arrived after a flight from the east coast was hungry and restless. We had to wait a few minutes but it was worth it. The service was typical SoCal- laid back and pleasant but little sense of urgency which was fine we weren't in a hurry. The bartender and host stand were very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysjohnleeDined on 7/27/2014Said it too many times before; the quintessential eating place. My favorite of all time.Special Features:
- Great FoodCliffDined on 7/22/2014I was on a business trip and found this place online. Great find. The food is awesome. I had the crab cakes and my friend had the sword fish. The portions are quite large and very tasty. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Greatest spot ever.JohnleeDined on 7/20/2014No place comes close to rock n fish manhattan. Best place, amazing food, incredible service, I can't say enough about how great it is.Special Features:
- Great food!!NatashaDined on 7/17/2014I chose this wonderful place from the dineLA list and it was a great choice. The service was great and the food was even better!!! I only ate from the dineLA menu, but I'd love to try their Mac and cheese! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014My fish was cooked perfectly but my wife's was over cooked. The asparagus tasted like burnt fuel not roasted on an open flame. On the bright side amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner by the PierPieproDined on 7/16/2014A terrific find just up from the Manhattan Beach, CA town Pier. Very pleasant hostess and wait staff that worked well together. Had Clam Chowder, Caesar Broccolini Salad, and Swordfish. All were great! Saw the Bayou Gumbo and would have had a cup for dessert, but learned it was a very large bowl and knew I couldn't stop eating a good gumbo no matter what size bowl. So, after a short internal debate, I declined. Too bad they couldn't find the same cup I consumed the Chowder in. Overall it was a great place for and early dinner and a nice atmosphere...Special Features:
- great foodsoyummyDined on 7/13/2014Staff was great and they were ready for us with our reservation when we atrived. the place was packed. We were seated upstairs so the ambiance was not as great as being downstairs but the staff and food were both great!Special Features:
- Greatest ever.JohnleeDined on 7/13/2014From the view, to the food, to the amazing service; this place has been my favorite for the 3.5 years I've lived in the southbay. Every Sunday and every other time I'm able to go, it's the happiest place on earth.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Made an online reservation for July 10th, 8:15 pm. Received phone call morning of July 10th, told the lady who called that the dinner was for my wife's birthday, she said they would get us a good table and a small desert for her. So far everything sounds great, right. Arrived at the restaurant at 8:25. Walked over to the reception area, told the lady we had an 8:15 reservation for 4 people, first she asked 8;15 or 9:15? I said 8:15 than she says oh you are more than 15 minutes late so we had to give your table away to somebody else and the wait time is 45 minutes. Showed her the time on my cell phone I said we're only 10 minutes late. Seated in one of the worst tables upstairs, they never remembered my wife's birthday. Was felt unwelcome.
- Delicious as Usual!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014The food at this restaurant is amazing! The service was great and the overall experience was fabulous! We were seated immediately, waited on promptly with a great smile and great attitude and the entire experience was wonderful! I will go back to Rock'N Fish over and over again - it is one of the best restaurants in the South Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so delish!weluv2eatDined on 7/7/2014Food was excellent! Will be back again, & again & again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place delicious foodTreeDined on 7/5/2014Very good food, fun Southern California cuisine, excellent salad choices, ahi tuna and rolls. Would come back if in the area. Make sure to get reservation on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed an early dinnerDebbyDined on 6/29/2014What could be better than sitting on the patio and watching the sunset while sipping a cocktail at Rock N Fish? Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FriendlySunshineDined on 6/22/2014We had dinner during a busy Sunday, summer evening. Our table that was reserved on open table was waiting for us upon arrival. We had a view of the ocean. Great food, friendly service, wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Me and my wife had a great time and the food was awesome.Special Features:
- Great, casual restaurantMiniCooperDined on 6/17/2014If you're up for good food and some noise, Rock 'n Fish is a great place. Save room for the amazing sticky toffee dessert.Special Features:
- Great food!BeachLoverDined on 6/17/2014Never disappointed.....the food is great! Had the pecan crusted mani and garlic mash potatoes for first time. So many good things on menu....it is hard to choose. Service was great too. This is the place we like to take out if town visitors I. Our town, Manhattan Beach.Special Features:
- Bad food that costs way too much!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Spent a ton of money for five people to eat simply sub par food and get service with so much attitude I actually felt like it was a prank. I was so dissapointed, I had booked a special fathers day dinner here after seeing all the reviews on Open Table, I wont trust this site again. For the money I spent I could have had such a nice dinner at a Ruth Chris, Maestro's, etc.Special Features:
- Favorite South Bay DiningGrogsDined on 6/15/2014We have been going to Rock'N Fish for years and have never had a bad meal. People are friendly and the food is fabulous. Best Navy Grogs in South Bay.Special Features:
- never disappointsaileeDined on 6/6/2014Summer's officially started in Manhattan Beach but we were able to get a reservation on a Friday night through Open Table and when we arrived, the hostess agreed to seat us on the patio where we had ocean view. Very lovely, especially since we were entertaining out of town visitors. Rock 'N Fish is always consistent and always good. We had the 'choke and crab cakes for starters. The oak grilled 'chokes are always a crowd pleaser and the crab cakes were stuffed full of crab (not primarily filler) and delicious. I had blackened halibut, my husband the jumbalaya, our friends the crab po boy and the hot and sweet BBQ shrimp. We all very much enjoyed our meals. The halibut was incredibly fresh and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014We arrived early so we grabbed a drink at the bar (the liquor shelves are so high they use a rolling library ladder!) from an attentive and helpful bartender. Our table was in the back, on the second level, and in the corner, which wasn't the best place for ambience (given they have an outside patio facing the end of Manhattan Beach Blvd), but it's not a large place to begin with. Food and service were excellent, I recommend the Jambalaya with fresh linguini.Special Features:
- Below averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014Two of us sat at tiny table in porch. Meal was very average. My wife's sirloin was almost in in-edible it was so tough. I had Ahi Tuna which was Ok. Expected better. Service was fine and they did give 50% off the steak.
- Fantastic service!SylandDinoDined on 5/24/2014Jesse provided first class service upstairs, not too frequent, just enough touches. Nice crab and oyster presentation with all the accoutrements. Loved the blue cheese stuffed olive martinis table side poured from the shaker.Split the sticky toffee cake with vanilla bean ice cream...excellent ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROCK'N FISH ROCKS!MumfleshoodDined on 5/23/2014Went on Friday night of Memorial Day Weekend with out of town guests. Loved the location. Were seated immediately. The menu was varied and accommodated our non-fish eating friends very nicely. The blackened tilapia tacos were excellent - seasoned with the right amount of heat! This will definitely become one of our "go to" restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014My party of four all were happy with the food; service was very good, too. But the noise level at 5:45 on a Saturday night was deafening. We had been there before on a Monday night, but doubt if we would ever return on a weekend.Special Features:
- Amazing foodBrimstoneDined on 5/11/2014I have been here several times and every time I go it just blows me away. the menu is structured well and the taste and quality of the food is second to none, worth the drive, time and money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky on Mother's Day!CfoodluvrDined on 5/11/2014We were very lucky to get this last minute Mother's Day reservation via my Open Table mobile phone app. Our original 5:00 restaurant choice was a bust, and it was already 4:45 PM. I opened my Open Table app and was very fortunate to secure a 5:30 reservation for Rock n Fish in Manhattan Beach! Loved it! The restaurant is so close to the beach, it's practically in the ocean. It was a beautiful day! We were seated immediately. Our server was great and very patient. Everyone was pleased with their meals. The wild swordfish was to die for, especially with the fruit salsa atop. And great margaritas! I will return again. Love the area, enjoyed the casual vibe of the restaurant with its "just right" energy level. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but worth itWSMBDined on 5/9/2014A kid's birthday group at an adjacent table created a bit more noise than was conducive to a quiet dinner but the quality of the food and the excellent service more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.