ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach
422 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rocknfishlb.com/
- Phone: 9494973113x
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant open daily M-F at 4:00pm
and Saturday and Sunday at 11:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Roberto Navarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: At Rock'n Fish we have Three different rooms to choose from, Our Main Dining Room, The Wine cellar, Or Our Snug.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Wind 949-338-9122x
- Entertainment: Rock'n Fish Laguna Beach Proudly Has live music Friday and Saturday Nights!
- Special Events: Prime Rib Sunday starting at 4pm, Choice of Soup or Salad, Prime Rib Dinner, and desert for $28.95 . Limited Quantity. Once we're out we're out!
- Cross Street: Laguna Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available in the three story public lot on the corner of Laguna Avenue and Glennerye just behind ROCK'N FISH along with metered street parking. Meters accept coins, bills, and/ or credit cards; please read all posted signs carefully. Handicap access is available through the front of the restaurant.
A word from ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach
ROCK'N FISH proudly features oak-grilled, fresh seafood & great steaks, classic New Orleans' specialties, hand shaken cocktails, ice cold artisan beers, and boutique California wines in a lively Laguna Beach atmosphere overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our American regional menu includes jumbo shrimp, fresh crab & oysters, a large selection of bar bites, signature sandwiches, gourmet burgers, fresh tossed salads, and creative pastas. Enjoy an oak grilled artichoke, Kapalua ribeye, and famous Navy Grog watching a fabulous Laguna sunset. Open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (51)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (24)special occasion (23)great for lunch (21)hot spot (19)romantic (16)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Rock'n DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Had a 7:45 reservation and seated right in time. Place was busy on a Saturday night, but our service was prompt. Food arrived quickly too. In and out with entire service in just over and hour. We had the coconut prawns to start. I ordered blackened Mahi Mahi with Spicey mac n cheese and coleslaw. Friend had Surf and Turf. All was cooked nicely. Even packed my friend a creme brule dessert to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - order your steak rareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We come here a lot and love the Prime Steak BUT if you want medium rare make sure you order rare. Otherwise it is over cooked. It has happened the last two times we ate here. But otherwise the food is amazing...we drive 85 miles each way to come to this restaurant so obviously we love it...but they really need to understand the concept of cooking a steak as ordered. I had the Cashew chicken salad....and it is amazing...Special Features:
- phantastic kitchen,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014here you find a real good quality for a correct price. The " cuisine is simply exceééent, every meal we treid from Hamburger, sushi , scampids and different fish was very very delicious! The atmosphere there is grandios, just the noise level was for our european ears a bit too high, as we were a familyy of 5 an really didn' t understand what the second neighbour told, but the next time we sat on the terrace and there it was much better. The title Rocking includes anyway rock music, (ha) but it exists also softer rock songs that could be more adapted . But we really recommend the restaurant, also our friends were enthousiastic about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014service not good.i have to ask for breads.food slow .I don't want to say much everything very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Rock'n Fish, Laguna BeachmissionviejoDined on 8/22/2014In my opinion: Nice place. Good food. The menu is good, but a little limited, being a-la-cart without any combination-meals that I saw. Their web site shows a happy hour, but this is only available at the bar or at the tall tables in the area behind the bar. We will probably go there again, but after trying several other nearby venues. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!BgMacDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I along with a friend from out of town had dinner before going to Pageant of the Masters on a Friday evening. Even though the place was packed we can not say enough GREAT THINGS about our experience! The food was great, the hostess friendly and professional, we were seated immediately per our reservation and the waitress (Robin) excellent!!! The manager Jessica stopped by our table on 2 occasions to check in with us and make sure that we were happy and that all was well. This restaurant is well run, serves great food and the staff is professional and personable. We could not have asked for a better dining experience! I wish we lived closer as my wife and I could easily make eating here a habit.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemarzdogVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great time and location before Pageant of the Masters; highly suggest!Special Features:
- Consistently WonderfulfoodloverVIPDined on 8/15/2014Have been to Rockin' Fish many times since they opened several years ago, and they have maintained a superb level of cuisine and the service, from the hostess to the wait staff and support staff, is exemplary--best service in Laguna. We had our special table for 2 on the balcony outside and the nicest waiter who was perfect--there when we needed him, anticipating when that would be, and letting us have a leisurely cocktail/appetizer/entree on a busy Sat night. Popcorn shrimp was the freshest and crispiest and tasteful we've ever had--highly recommend starting with it, although there's a lot and it's filling. We love this restaurant. One of the best and most consistent in Laguna Beach.
- Very Pleasant DinnerbillVIPDined on 8/10/2014I found the food to be good and the service excellent. I was lucky enough to get the table for two outside in its own private area.Special Features:
- Rock'n'goodLSM44Dined on 8/9/2014The decor was a little antiseptic, especially for Laguna. They would do well to personalize it a bit more to make it feel like it belongs there. That being said the quality and taste of the food was very good. The steaks were good quality and the Salmon was perfectly cooked. Our waiter was very attentive and personable. While there are "cooler" places to go in Laguna, you won't be disappointed in the food!Special Features:
- Disappointing Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/7/2014We had high hopes but just weren't impressed. We were seated quickly and promptly forgotten. A table near us was seated about 10 minutes after us and was waited on before a waitress finally passed by and asked "Have you been helped yet"? Two mistakes on the order, we never received one of the appetizers we wanted. If the waitress had come by anytime between when we placed our order and the entree was served, that mistake would have been caught. Fish & Chips were heavily battered. Spicy Mac & Cheese was just noddles with cheese melted on top and a lot of white pepper?
- great food but..cappycatDined on 8/4/2014Blaring sun at our table with a reservation for a 40th anniversary on a Monday night. They were just plain not accommodating about moving us. They wouldn't switch us to another empty same size table, because they said it was reserved. Didn't we have a reservation? The manager (who was about 12 it seemed) said she had nowhere else to move us. I asked if we could move when another table opened and she said okay, but that probably wouldn't be for a while. 5 minutes later a table opened, but the manager never returned. Finally I asked the waitress to move us, which she did. Later the place comped us a bread pudding dessert. Great food but the management is totally inexperienced and horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Right!SwinglineVIPDined on 8/2/2014Visited them in Laguna Beach for the first time this weekend and was very pleasantly surprised. We got a wonderful table with an ocean view (they honored our request!) and the staff was pleasant and friendly without being overbearing. In terms of food, if you took away the "chain restaurant" feel of Gladstones and then threw in a little New Orleans flavor you'd be right on point. Solid food- much better than they could get away with given the location.Special Features:
- Great mealPatricia9156FoodieDined on 8/2/2014We were delighted we couldn't get into Tommy Bahama's restaurant below because our food couldn't be any more delicious or plentiful! We lucked out big time and enjoyed a truly memorable taste sensation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fantastic serviceBoomerDined on 8/2/2014Great neighborhood gem! Good food at very reasonable prices. We had the lobster tail and top sirloin special at under $30 per! And our service from Shawn was outstanding. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LawladyLawLadyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I come to the Pageant of the Masters every year and try to eat at different restaurants. This Rockin Fish was by far the best we've experienced yet. Thank you for your great food and excellent waitress service. Made the night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and great qualityYummmmmmDined on 8/1/2014the food at this place is GREAT and the prices are really reasonable for laguna beach. fish n chips are huge and amazing - and I'm very picky about my fish n chips.Special Features:
- Very disappointingscdinerDined on 7/27/2014Service was slow, drink refills took forever. Burger was overlooked and dry, steak was undercooked, mahi mahi was mushy. Very disappointing, won't be going back.Special Features:
- This place Rock'sScottDined on 7/26/2014We loved our visit to Rock'n Fish. The menu choices are vast so there's something for everyone and the prices were reasonable. The food we ordered was excellent and plentyful. Great bar setting with live music that could be heard from most places in the resturant - not annoying at all. We'll definitely go back the next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Great place to eat!fullinsandiegoDined on 7/25/2014Great food, lobster and filet were very good, the ceaser salad nice and fresh. Hope to go back to Laguna Beach just for the restaurant.Special Features:
- Back AgaindandydonDined on 7/25/20144th visit to Rock'N Fish. Service is as good as always. 5:15pm reservations, very nice reception and table was ready. Service was friendly and prompt but not overbearing. Food was a s good as it can get. Burgers are tops, fish dishes are very well prepared. Wine by the glass is very nice for wine lovers......nice selections. My blacken salmon burger was amazing. Fish N Chips was great......our 6 party group loved the sweet potato fries! Fresh halibut was as good as it gets. Will be back again and again and again!Special Features:
- OCFishFanDined on 7/22/2014Great location in the hub of Laguna Beach dining/shopping/beach area. Great, attentive service, Delicious fish. Fun spot for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been 5 stars but...DanZDined on 7/20/2014The food at Rock'N Fish ROCKS. The steamers with Andouille sausage was out of this world. The clams were tender and the broth delicious. It came with excellent bread for dipping that was great without dipping! Our dinners were perfectly cooked and delicious. Our server, Chris was friendly, attentive, and always smiling. Negatives: they did not honor our request for a table by the window though I made the reservation 1 month in advance. It was our anniversary and none of the staff congratulated us. It was warm inside and they did not have the A/C on. Rock'N Fish does not have an ocean view. It is on the opposite side of the street as the ocean and the building is not high enough to see over the building on the ocean side of the street.Special Features:
- loved itTrixieDined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our overall experience. Excellent bartender, service was great, crab cakes were awesome. Fun atmosphere, love to return.Special Features:
- Enjoyable for BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The food was good as well as the free Birthday desert. The waitress was very attentive to our needs. Fun, lively crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare findPhoenixladyDined on 7/18/2014A rare find in an out of the ordinary place! Upstairs, but wonderful and the food was fabulous, and great portions.Special Features:
- hostingguestsDined on 7/6/2014Location is a strength, attentive service for a large table size (including kids), breath of menu + quality of food very good & prepared well for the selections we ordered (excellent salads!), ambience draws more from corner location + surrounding neighborhood buzz rather than from (nicely done) interior of restaurant itself.....that said appreciated that noise level allowed for engaging conversation across all the dinner party attendees. I must say, we hosted family visiting OC and very pleasant dinner experience, particularly when considering value of price (7 in party) and location to Laguna's city center & beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentLcd1Dined on 7/5/2014This is my go to place when I've got out of town guests and we are in Laguna. It's consistently good food and service and not too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad for a Random PickChaptakDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I picked the restaurant from an OpenTable search. All in all, things worked out great -- witness the rating. Just a couple of weaknesses: (1) not too many spots in the restaurant will give you an actual ocean view; and (2) my wife and I initially got no view at all -- somehow, the hostess decided to tuck us away at a tiny table next to a wall. With respect to #2, I understand that they must have had a lot of reservations on the books. However, the bar area was mostly empty with plenty of seating and a full menu -- that's where we ended up. The food was great and the bar had plenty of options for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Went to dinner there for a special occasion, romantic birthday dinner, and I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful time and very romantic dinner for two. Thank you for making our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewMandyleighannDined on 6/27/2014My boyfriend and I popped in an hour before our reservation and they sat us right away on a private balcony with a beach view. The special halibut was amazing as was the scenery. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and comfortable location with beautiful views of Laguna BeachSpecial Features:
- I liked it!NoVAtoSoCalDined on 6/15/2014What I liked the most is the location, smack dab in the middle of 'downtown' Laguna Beach, across the PCH from the ocean. The food is good, not great. The service is wonderful, with staff really friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reason why ROCK'N FISH is it's name2desertratsDined on 6/13/2014The Beef ribs left a lot to be desired; they were overcooked and mushy. The steamed clams were excellent, the broth was very different and the cheese toast sopped it up. I would have liked a few more clams for the price. The Swordfish was wonderful, perfectly cooked and the dipping sauce was super. The wedge salad was great cold and crisp and plenty for two. The Key Lime Pie for dessert was the perfect finishing touch. The view at sunset was wonderful and the service was outstanding. Our server was there when we needed her but was not hovering. I noticed that all the servers circled the room frequently and took care of any requests that any customers had whether it was their table or not. Noise got louder later in the evening.Special Features:
- Birthday occasionCucaDined on 6/7/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday and had a great time. The birthday cake was so good. Sat by window with great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Rock'n Dinner Outing!Dinner4twoDined on 5/17/2014I find myself dining here every time I visit Laguna Beach and always leave satisfied. I went surf and turf on my first visit but went all seafood since. For those seeking numerous perfectly grilled seafood selections, you found the right place. The friendly service compliments the experience and offers personal advice on suggesting items. I have yet to have any reason to consider going some place else for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin FishMiloDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was great and the waitress was awesome. We did ask for a larger table and the hostess said she was reserving it for 5 tops or more, however, she sat 2 tops there pretty much right after our request. The table was a bit tight that we were at and we could have used a bigger booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbethVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's day and it wasn't hectic. Nice, casual meal with a view of the ocean, but mostly of all the people on the streets of Laguna on a beautiful Sunday! Parking was a challenge because it was a great day and the beach was packed. Add some time to find parking. Usually the paid lots are available, but not always!Special Features:
- Loud with No ViewLEO1Dined on 5/10/2014Kids next table over the top loud with no curbing by parents. Sent gumbo back and didn't eat.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/20146 of us went to lunch for Mother's Day. Everyone enjoyed their meals! The décor is nice. The staff is friendly. The service was good.Special Features: