ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE
800 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite A-160
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rocknfishlalive.com/
- Phone: 2137484020
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Tuesday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Brunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm. Prime will reopen on Mondays and for Lunch shortly. Please understand that requests for outdoor tables will be honored if possible, but no guarantees can be made for a particular table or dining room. Often, reservations will have to wait for an outdoor table as they are the most popular and the tables are sat on a first come, first served basis. We will do our best to accommodate any requests within reason. Thank you for your understanding in advance of your visit.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Hondo Houston
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Like the original Manhattan Beach location, there are two different areas available for private party use: A mezzanine dining area overlooking the main dining area which comfortably seats up to 60 guests or an enclosed patio area located in the front of the restaurant which can seat up to 90 guests year round. Please contact the restaurant directly for more information, or visit our website at www.rocknfishLALive.com or email email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Susie Moon 213-748-4050
- Public Transit: 7 Minute Walk from Metro Red Line (7th Metro Center) and 3 minute Walk from Metro Blue Line (Pico Station. Metro Rail Pico Station is one block away, use Trip Planner on www.metro.net or (800)COMMUTE. Metro link schedules: www.metrolinktrains.com or call (800)371-LINK (5465). LADOT/DASH/Commuter Express 213/808-2273.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public timed parking available at L.A. LIVE in Lot E (East Garage) or Lot W (West Garage); valet in Lot E only. If attending an event, flat rate parking is also available. NOTE: Lot E (East Garage) can fill quickly on event nights. Visit lalive.com/parking for more information.
A word from ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE
This lively restaurant is the second location for the South Bay’s Premier seafood and steak establishment. ROCK’N FISH at L.A. LIVE offers a fun,vibrant, casually elegant atmosphere with its full bar featuring over 200 brands of liquor, its 300 bottle wine list with focus on California wines, and extensive dining menu capturing the flavors of American regional cuisine. With the addition of a quarter million dollar exhaust system; ROCK’N FISH continues their tradition of capturing the unique flavor of oak grilling for their vegetables, fish and meats along with offering freshly baked breads. You have your choice of seating options, whether you prefer a casual bar table, a booth in the main dining room, a table in their heated, enclosed patio, or even to host a private banquet of up to 50 guests. Keep in mind that the patio can be seated year round. If you miss the happy hour on the early end, be sure to catch it on the later side and look for the late night menu as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great food, great locationCracking2014Dined on 10/11/2014I always eat at Rock n Fish when I attend events at Staples Center. There is a great vine in the restaurant and the food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot unprentenious at LA LivelardgalVIPDined on 10/10/2014Good food, good drinks, good energy at this restaurant in the heart of LA Live. Without all the pretense of some of the other hot spots, this one delivers. We were running a bit late and our server was gracious, accomodating and attentive. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Pre concert dinner and drinksVerofernDined on 10/10/2014Perfect! Our server was wonderful. Food was good. Everything was fresh. Drinks were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No sense in a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014Reservation was at 515 and place was closed for a private party and we could not order until 545Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialLive2eatVIPDined on 10/6/2014I don't have anything negative to say about RockNFish but it was just so so. It's a chain restaurant in a good location so if you're in the downtown area by Staples and need a quick bite this place will fill the bill. If your looking for a special occasion dining spot there are much better options. We chose this place simply for location and ability to host large group.Special Features:
- Need for ImprovementCharlesVIPDined on 10/6/2014LA Live is an exciting destination. However, Rock N Fish needs to improve its act. The food for our group received mixed reviews. The service was unacceptable. It only improved when the manager became aware of the lack of service by the waiter. The manager took the time and had the interest to improve our dining experience.
- Great Before Concert SpotEnjoylifeDined on 10/5/2014I love the Rock M Fish location in Manhatran Beach, so was thrilled to see that they also had one at LA Live! Their food is always tasty and fresh, and the grilled artichoke is the best around!Special Features:
- OverwhelmedNY2LADined on 10/4/2014First I want to say the service (Andre') and the food (New Orleans Shrimp and Blackened Rock Fish) were excellent! We ate here before a concert, had 6:30 reservations and were taken on time. Unfortunately, the kitchen was overwhelmed and instead of slowing down the seating the management continued to seat everyone which resulted in it taking 45 minutes to get out food! The manager came to the table after we asked the waiter about our meals, I told him we had been waiting almost an hour for our food -he responded it was only 42 minutes!! That really surprised us-maybe he could have bought us a drink and actually apologized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but could be betterRCinRBVIPDined on 10/4/2014Pros: seated right away (with a reservation), great service, not rushed, shrimp cocktail and fish and chips were excellent Cons: Only a two-stall bathroom for the entire restaurant (and it was dirty), "grilled" artichoke was cold (MB is better), no espresso machine, Irish Coffee served without cream, no steamed clams, no fruit option for dessert. Notified them in advance of our anniversary celebration, but no one made note of it, or did anything special. Bottom Line: An OK place to go prior to a Staples event, but it could be better with a few minor changes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- woodyDined on 10/4/2014Expensive but you have to expect that because of the location. Server was attentive and helpful. Food was very disappointing; luke warm, limp, and tasteless.
- wifedidnthavetocookDined on 10/4/2014cancelled pre-made reservation after a half an hour in the bar and decided to stay in the bar to eat dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK restaurantbandaid818Dined on 10/3/2014First time going to Rock'N Fish. My friend likes seafood and I came across this place during a Google search. Booked a table via OpenTable just in case it was busy. No problem with reservation. Staff was friendly and helpful. Ordered the fried calamari; not many in the order to justify the $13 price. Tasted good though. Friend ordered the fish tacos; they were good. I had the fish & chips. They were pretty bland; I was not impressed. Friend ordered Dos Equis but they were out. I ordered the Rock'n Margarita; that was pretty good. All-in-all I might give it one more chance to make a final determination.Special Features:
- Great lively restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014I always eat here when going to a concert at LA Live. Food and service are always great, drinks too!! This time I feel that the portions for dinner were very small, the menu said Ten oz sirloin, it was more like 6 oz, and I shared with my daughter before the Demi Lovato concert, so a little off this time.. Great service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinner and drinksLAninjaDined on 9/26/2014Great spot for having dinner before a show or concert at LA Live. Food is good. Large wine list. Mixed drinks are average. Beer selection is small. Service is above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodJudyP3454VIPDined on 9/19/2014Menu is versatile, food always consistently good. Lobster, Mahi Mahi and Fish and Chips were enjoyed by each of us in the party. Went for dinner before a concert. They get you in and out in a reasonable amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre concertmanbcheVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went before Katy perry. Our resv was right on time (even let us move up our resv earlier when they called to confirm). Great service got table right when promised. Good food - yummy artichoke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmm…..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Thank you for a great experience! We arrived 15 min before our reservation and were seated immediately on a chaotic friday night with the best seat in the house! Delicious cuisine and wonderful service! Thank you!Special Features:
- Hip but slightly ordinaryLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 9/14/2014Rock'N Fish is pretty pricey for what you get. It's a basic, trendy fish restaurant, but far from special. Nice decor and a good vibe, but the service was really lacking on our visit; the waiter acknowledged it several times, but never seemed to get his act together. Mildly pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, but the service was terribly slow. We had to ask for things several times. We also asked to make a substitution on one of the dishes, but instead of substituting, they charged us for another side order. When we complained, the waiter said, "at least I did not charge you for extra salad dressing".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.foodieforlifeDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for our 21st anniversary, the atmosphere was great. The food was excellent, as well as the service. Within a few minutes of being seated we had our drink orders in, and a fresh loaf of bread on our table. We did the whole meal in under 2 hours...and that was on a Saturday night! We even had dessert. By the way...try the bread pudding...it was awesome! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.WGEatsDined on 8/16/2014I had eaten at the Rock'N Fish in Manhattan Beach and liked it, so we decided to give the one at the LA Live a try. Great place! Seated right away. Service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Will definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- xxxxVIPDined on 8/13/2014we went for lunch and we found a good variety of food. there are salads and sandwiches, not just fish. we had some great appetizers (that are very large) calamari, spinach dip, shrimp cocktail, poke. very fresh and delicious. french fries are excellent. our group had a great time and great food. our 2 servers were great. efficient, courteous and fun. great place for lunch for downtown workers and great place before an event at staplesSpecial Features:
- Same expectationDiggieVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've dined her a few times, and it is still the same food and good service. Food was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Dining at L.A. LiveJedkydhoVIPDined on 8/5/2014When the Sparks are in town we will occasionally dine here because of the location and variety of good food. The service is usually above average and today it was excellent and attentive making our dining experience very pleasant. The food was above average as I ordered the BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich with regular French fries that was filling, tasty and hot. My wife ordered the “Big Easy” Spicy Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo with sticky rice which was not excellent but, above average. The food prices are a little high for the lunch crowd as you should be prepared to spend $40 to $50 per couple with the dinner prices even more. If you are into people watching, the outdoor dining area offers such a location to watch the many passersby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good!AshCraftVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious! It was what I expected for an American fare bar and grille type restaurant. Our server was great, but the good took too long to get to us. I'm not sure if the kitchen was backed up, but it should not have taken so long to receive our meals. I can't say I would visit again because Rock N Fish wasn't amazing like a potential go-to restaurant, but I did enjoy this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place!GoAdis2Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I absolutely loved this place! We decided to eat here because they participated in the "Dinner & a Movie" promotion from L.A. Live. But this place was just fantastic. We both had the summer Surf & Turf (we couldn't pass up a 6oz steak and lobster tail for such a great price), and it was great. The steak was made to order perfectly and the lobster just melted in your mouth. Although this place is definitely a bit pricey, it is well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to expectationFoodNwineDined on 7/29/2014Food was mediocre. Disappointed with salads. Most of the group ate only ate a portion of their food.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elseBchilln2VIPDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I had crab cakes and their special fish. The crab cakes were so fishy we couldn't eat them. The fish was dry and fishy and unbeaten also. The server was told and did nothing, but she seemed overwhelmed by the crowd. In addition there were only two stall in the woman's restroom and one did not work. The line was 15 deep or more.
- Easy Access to LA Live SceneLaSirenaGordaDined on 7/7/2014Was attending a concert at the Staples and wanted some place close and festive for the occasion. Rock'n Fish was great! Good service, food and price. Great people watching too!Special Features:
- Best summer dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Such a bargain. Surf and turf for Dinner and a Movie deal all summer long. Great deal. Good food and a movie ticket thrown in. We will enjoy a dinner and a movie all summer long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceAnneDined on 7/3/2014Both were beyond excellent. The food was excellent and the service was perfect. There want one item we ordered which didn't exceed our expectations . We would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great PickFoodieCutieDined on 6/29/2014Everything I ordered was amazing. And the service was great! This restaurant knows how to do seafood right! No complaints.Special Features:
- The following 732 reviews are from the ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE reviews archive.
- Everything was just OKdinewithdDined on 6/21/2014Side dishes were amazing but the entres seemed a little generic. Had the crab cakes and wasnt really impressed. For 27 bucks should have been a little more flavorful. But they made up for that with the portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavor!LovefreshfoodDined on 6/18/2014The Mahi Mahi was prepared just right, moist with delicious seasoning. The sweet potato fries were perfectly thick and crisp. Thick enough to have great flavor and crisp on the outer edge for additional sweetness. Bread, wine and atmosphere colorful and relaxed. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Atmospheretsol22Dined on 6/13/2014Hubby and I were very lucky to have secured a reservation on Friday, June 13th 2014 at 6:30pm. We were seated immediately upon arrival and were greeted with a very nice size loaf of warm toasty sourdough bread and butter and ice water. The restaurant was extremely busy as it was Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals LA Kings vs. NY Rangers. Our waiter Michael came right over and went through the tap list and appetizer offerings with us. We opted for two schooners, Point the Way from Golden Road and Sculpin from Ballast Point. We had the beer battered popcorn shrimp appetizer, the Bleu Cheese Wedge Salad and the grilled Mahi Mahi fish tacos, all excellent. The dessert came a little later - LA won.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and locationnycoolchickDined on 6/11/2014Food was good, the sour dough bread pudding was amazing! Can't beat the location near LACC and our waiter was very attentive and gave good suggestions.Special Features:
- Seafood JambalayaHockeyGuyDined on 6/7/2014The seafood jambalaya is delicious but a bit pricey. Still recommend it though. Also the three fish tacos plate is a good deal price and portion wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stanley Cup Final diningDiningdivaVIPDined on 6/7/2014We didn't realize that the 2nd game of the Stanley Cup Finals was being played the night we booked the reservation @ Rock'n Fish L.A. Live. We were surrounded by tons of hockey fans, found our way to the restaurant, were seated in the loth we requested and ate a light meal. The food was very good as was the service. The restaurant was SOOOO noisy due to the Kings game but all the restaurants in L.A. Live were buzzing with fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoachDined on 5/21/2014The Restaurant was not very clean and very under staffed. it took more then 15 minutes to get a drink order so we made sure to put our lunch order in at the same time. food was ok and came out on time. have eaten there many times before. but will have to look around for something new.
- Mother's day dinnerLovestoEatDined on 5/10/2014Food was great. Atmosphere was nice. Waiter seemed overwhelmed and was given too many tables to attend. It didn't seem that busy but we didn't see waiter often, he didn't offer us dessert or another round of drinks. He seemed bothered when he brought us our check and we decided we wanted to order more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.