ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE
800 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite A-160
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rocknfishlalive.com/
- Phone: 2137484020
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Tuesday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Brunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm. Prime will reopen on Mondays and for Lunch shortly. Please understand that requests for outdoor tables will be honored if possible, but no guarantees can be made for a particular table or dining room. Often, reservations will have to wait for an outdoor table as they are the most popular and the tables are sat on a first come, first served basis. We will do our best to accommodate any requests within reason. Thank you for your understanding in advance of your visit.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Hondo Houston
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Like the original Manhattan Beach location, there are two different areas available for private party use: A mezzanine dining area overlooking the main dining area which comfortably seats up to 60 guests or an enclosed patio area located in the front of the restaurant which can seat up to 90 guests year round. Please contact the restaurant directly for more information, or visit our website at www.rocknfishLALive.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Susie Moon 213-748-4050
- Public Transit: 7 Minute Walk from Metro Red Line (7th Metro Center) and 3 minute Walk from Metro Blue Line (Pico Station. Metro Rail Pico Station is one block away, use Trip Planner on www.metro.net or (800)COMMUTE. Metro link schedules: www.metrolinktrains.com or call (800)371-LINK (5465). LADOT/DASH/Commuter Express 213/808-2273.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public timed parking available at L.A. LIVE in Lot E (East Garage) or Lot W (West Garage); valet in Lot E only. If attending an event, flat rate parking is also available. NOTE: Lot E (East Garage) can fill quickly on event nights. Visit lalive.com/parking for more information.
A word from ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE
This lively restaurant is the second location for the South Bay’s Premier seafood and steak establishment. ROCK’N FISH at L.A. LIVE offers a fun,vibrant, casually elegant atmosphere with its full bar featuring over 200 brands of liquor, its 300 bottle wine list with focus on California wines, and extensive dining menu capturing the flavors of American regional cuisine. With the addition of a quarter million dollar exhaust system; ROCK’N FISH continues their tradition of capturing the unique flavor of oak grilling for their vegetables, fish and meats along with offering freshly baked breads. You have your choice of seating options, whether you prefer a casual bar table, a booth in the main dining room, a table in their heated, enclosed patio, or even to host a private banquet of up to 50 guests. Keep in mind that the patio can be seated year round. If you miss the happy hour on the early end, be sure to catch it on the later side and look for the late night menu as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (18)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, but the service was terribly slow. We had to ask for things several times. We also asked to make a substitution on one of the dishes, but instead of substituting, they charged us for another side order. When we complained, the waiter said, "at least I did not charge you for extra salad dressing".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.foodieforlifeDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for our 21st anniversary, the atmosphere was great. The food was excellent, as well as the service. Within a few minutes of being seated we had our drink orders in, and a fresh loaf of bread on our table. We did the whole meal in under 2 hours...and that was on a Saturday night! We even had dessert. By the way...try the bread pudding...it was awesome! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.WGEatsDined on 8/16/2014I had eaten at the Rock'N Fish in Manhattan Beach and liked it, so we decided to give the one at the LA Live a try. Great place! Seated right away. Service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Will definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- xxxxVIPDined on 8/13/2014we went for lunch and we found a good variety of food. there are salads and sandwiches, not just fish. we had some great appetizers (that are very large) calamari, spinach dip, shrimp cocktail, poke. very fresh and delicious. french fries are excellent. our group had a great time and great food. our 2 servers were great. efficient, courteous and fun. great place for lunch for downtown workers and great place before an event at staplesSpecial Features:
- Same expectationDiggieVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've dined her a few times, and it is still the same food and good service. Food was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Dining at L.A. LiveJedkydhoVIPDined on 8/5/2014When the Sparks are in town we will occasionally dine here because of the location and variety of good food. The service is usually above average and today it was excellent and attentive making our dining experience very pleasant. The food was above average as I ordered the BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich with regular French fries that was filling, tasty and hot. My wife ordered the “Big Easy” Spicy Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo with sticky rice which was not excellent but, above average. The food prices are a little high for the lunch crowd as you should be prepared to spend $40 to $50 per couple with the dinner prices even more. If you are into people watching, the outdoor dining area offers such a location to watch the many passersby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good!AshCraftVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious! It was what I expected for an American fare bar and grille type restaurant. Our server was great, but the good took too long to get to us. I'm not sure if the kitchen was backed up, but it should not have taken so long to receive our meals. I can't say I would visit again because Rock N Fish wasn't amazing like a potential go-to restaurant, but I did enjoy this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place!GoAdis2Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I absolutely loved this place! We decided to eat here because they participated in the "Dinner & a Movie" promotion from L.A. Live. But this place was just fantastic. We both had the summer Surf & Turf (we couldn't pass up a 6oz steak and lobster tail for such a great price), and it was great. The steak was made to order perfectly and the lobster just melted in your mouth. Although this place is definitely a bit pricey, it is well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to expectationFoodNwineDined on 7/29/2014Food was mediocre. Disappointed with salads. Most of the group ate only ate a portion of their food.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elseBchilln2VIPDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I had crab cakes and their special fish. The crab cakes were so fishy we couldn't eat them. The fish was dry and fishy and unbeaten also. The server was told and did nothing, but she seemed overwhelmed by the crowd. In addition there were only two stall in the woman's restroom and one did not work. The line was 15 deep or more.
- Easy Access to LA Live SceneLaSirenaGordaDined on 7/7/2014Was attending a concert at the Staples and wanted some place close and festive for the occasion. Rock'n Fish was great! Good service, food and price. Great people watching too!Special Features:
- Best summer dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Such a bargain. Surf and turf for Dinner and a Movie deal all summer long. Great deal. Good food and a movie ticket thrown in. We will enjoy a dinner and a movie all summer long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceAnneDined on 7/3/2014Both were beyond excellent. The food was excellent and the service was perfect. There want one item we ordered which didn't exceed our expectations . We would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great PickFoodieCutieDined on 6/29/2014Everything I ordered was amazing. And the service was great! This restaurant knows how to do seafood right! No complaints.Special Features:
- Everything was just OKdinewithdDined on 6/21/2014Side dishes were amazing but the entres seemed a little generic. Had the crab cakes and wasnt really impressed. For 27 bucks should have been a little more flavorful. But they made up for that with the portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavor!LovefreshfoodDined on 6/18/2014The Mahi Mahi was prepared just right, moist with delicious seasoning. The sweet potato fries were perfectly thick and crisp. Thick enough to have great flavor and crisp on the outer edge for additional sweetness. Bread, wine and atmosphere colorful and relaxed. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Atmospheretsol22Dined on 6/13/2014Hubby and I were very lucky to have secured a reservation on Friday, June 13th 2014 at 6:30pm. We were seated immediately upon arrival and were greeted with a very nice size loaf of warm toasty sourdough bread and butter and ice water. The restaurant was extremely busy as it was Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals LA Kings vs. NY Rangers. Our waiter Michael came right over and went through the tap list and appetizer offerings with us. We opted for two schooners, Point the Way from Golden Road and Sculpin from Ballast Point. We had the beer battered popcorn shrimp appetizer, the Bleu Cheese Wedge Salad and the grilled Mahi Mahi fish tacos, all excellent. The dessert came a little later - LA won.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and locationnycoolchickDined on 6/11/2014Food was good, the sour dough bread pudding was amazing! Can't beat the location near LACC and our waiter was very attentive and gave good suggestions.Special Features:
- Seafood JambalayaHockeyGuyDined on 6/7/2014The seafood jambalaya is delicious but a bit pricey. Still recommend it though. Also the three fish tacos plate is a good deal price and portion wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stanley Cup Final diningDiningdivaVIPDined on 6/7/2014We didn't realize that the 2nd game of the Stanley Cup Finals was being played the night we booked the reservation @ Rock'n Fish L.A. Live. We were surrounded by tons of hockey fans, found our way to the restaurant, were seated in the loth we requested and ate a light meal. The food was very good as was the service. The restaurant was SOOOO noisy due to the Kings game but all the restaurants in L.A. Live were buzzing with fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoachDined on 5/21/2014The Restaurant was not very clean and very under staffed. it took more then 15 minutes to get a drink order so we made sure to put our lunch order in at the same time. food was ok and came out on time. have eaten there many times before. but will have to look around for something new.
- Mother's day dinnerLovestoEatDined on 5/10/2014Food was great. Atmosphere was nice. Waiter seemed overwhelmed and was given too many tables to attend. It didn't seem that busy but we didn't see waiter often, he didn't offer us dessert or another round of drinks. He seemed bothered when he brought us our check and we decided we wanted to order more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in a pinchDesmoDined on 5/10/2014I like the location. Close to games and concerts. Food was good but a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun n Tastykamic88Dined on 5/9/2014The vibe was energetic, great spot in LA Live. Food was good, a bit pricey, but expected for LA Live...everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was nice. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeohhhyeaDined on 5/8/2014Everything is always good whenever I eat there. The sourdough bread and butter is so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 721 reviews are from the ROCK'N FISH L.A. LIVE reviews archive.
- steve59SteveDined on 5/1/2014Best lunch I have had in a long time. I had the Jambalaya which was great. Service was good and very fast as order was on our table about 5 minutes after we arrived.Special Features:
- billchinVIPDined on 4/28/2014Pre hockey game dinner. Portions large and quality is fair and acceptable
- see for yourself!eatliveloveDined on 4/26/2014The food was good as well as the service, which I was surprised about after reading a couple of the yep reviews. I guess it was a see for yourself kind thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014Food was good! A great place to go before a game at Staples Center!Special Features:
- As a creature of habit I usuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014As a creature of habit I usually order the same thing when I visit! For starters the Maui Poke is fresh, sweet & spicy which tantelizes the tastebuds. Followed by the Soup du Jour - Spicy Udon Shrimp which was excellent! My "usual" is the Kapalua Rib Eye which I get medium rare. This is the most flavorful and I'm almost always satisfied. However, this past visit my rib eye was a bit on the dry side. I ate most of it just the same because the TASTE is always there. My friend had the Power Play King Crab legs which I tasted and that, too, was a little dry. Great flavor...just a little dry. What keeps me coming back is the Sticky Toffee Pudding! Indelectably indescribable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishKingsFanDined on 4/12/2014Best Salmon I have ever had! King Crab Legs were really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunch!JWR123Dined on 4/5/2014There were no events going on at LA Live this past Saturday and so the service and ambiance were just perfect for catching up with a college friend. My Cobb salad was great, as was the sour dough bread. Service was attentive and we were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!Me26VDined on 4/4/2014I have to complement our waitress she was excellent. Out service, food and drinks were excellent.Special Features:
- Blind DateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2014This was my first time experience at your LA Live location. It was to meet a woman I'd only spoken to once on the phone. She had been to this location once before and liked it. English is a 2nd language for her so the noise level and acoustics didn't make it easy to follow her conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/1/2014The service was good and the food tasty however, timing was way off. The entree arrived while I was still eating my salad.Special Features:
- Favorite Spot for Lakers Gamesmamacassie48Dined on 4/1/2014We eat here often. Have had crab cakes, Mahi Mahi, Shrimp salad. Bread is great and food is very good. Service is fine and wine OK as well. A little noisy but we expect it so no big deal. Easy for Lakers fans to get in and get out! Decent food and good menu.Special Features:
- My experience was great, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My experience was great, our server was absolutely fantastic, couldn't have ask for a better server!!!Special Features:
- Birthday Party before King's GameStacyDined on 3/29/2014Large table, loud room, great food ... no birthday dessert only negative Another drop and run service restaurant ... if you need anything you practically have to trip someone to get attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hockey Night Delights.JesnsanDined on 3/29/2014Wanted to take my wife to a nice dinner before we went to the Los Angeles Kings hockey game on Saturday night. What a great place for dinner. We were looking for someplace that served steak and seafood and found this place. The ambience was fantastic and the food was great and the service was excellent. Definitely coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the higher end of the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2014On the higher end of the price range than expected but portions are nice and the food is good so one would say it's worth the extra penny. On another note, our server was attentive at the beginning but after delivering our drinks, took him twenty minutes for him to return to take our order...This is not a good thing when starving. Not only that, but we ordered salads to accommodate our entries and the entries came immediately after receiving our salads. Not much time to finish our salads or our entries would've gotten cold. Unfortunately, parking is an issue as this isn't cheap either. We parked underground and even with a $5 validation ticket from the restaurant, we still paid $10. We were in the restaurant over 2 1/2 hours...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.