Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town
3890 Twiggs St.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockinbaja.com/
- Phone: 6192600305
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dialy: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town
Rockin' Baja is a full service and fun Mexican-Seafood restaurant that offers uniquely prepared Baja style seafood presented in rustic steel buckets. We created a diverse menu filled with exceptionally great, finger lickin’ good fun food delivered fresh to your table daily. Kick back, drink an ice cold beer or margarita, enjoy a shot of tequila and experience all the good times that are Rockin’ Baja.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town - Best Restaurants in Old Town ›
Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (48)great for outdoor dining (40)kid-friendly (28)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)fit for foodies (10)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The best Mexican restaurant in Old Town. They have the best spicy mango margaritas. The salsa bar is also incredible.Special Features:
- Rockin Baja lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The bucket of Shrimp n the beans were excellent. The lobster/shrimp burrito n black beans ~ delicious! The rice needs work ~ a lil dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good foodbzdrDined on 10/19/2014High energy place that looks like a place to drink and have some Mexican bar food. The food was surprisingly good though. (Sadly the sangria and margarita was not: they are sticky sweet). Salsa bar is remarkably good, service was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- fun timesCathyDined on 10/11/2014Came here for my birthday, had a fabulous meal, I even received a saxaphone serenade! The fried ice cream was delicious. Awesome Bloody Mary! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/great serviceJustMeDined on 10/11/2014I love Rockin' Baja Lobster! The food & service are always great. My only regret was that the live music left something to be desired. We may have lingered for desert if the entertainment wasn't so off key...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindZaidDined on 10/5/2014I have been going to Old Town for 14 years and never knew of this place. It was a great find for after the Charger game. The seafood tasted great and we all had a good time. I really liked the lobster appetizer.Special Features:
- food was greatdinerramaDined on 10/3/2014the food was great but the service was a little slow. when the waiter forgot my guac and chips and I let him know, it came out shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food !!YuriDined on 9/28/2014We come to eat here 2 times per yr. or so. The food is great and this time the food was excellent maybe they have new cooks or mgmt. I enjoy it alot. The price is a bit high if they would offer discounts or coupons I would come more often.Special Features:
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Food was tasty. Prices not bad. Very loud. Good for kids and large groups. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Good food, can get priceyEating4LifeDined on 9/27/2014The food was good and they have such a large selection! Just be careful, because it can easily get over $100 for 2 people with a couple of appetizers and a bucket! They had live music that night - single performer, with lots of electronics. He was good, but way too loud! We couldn't hear ourselves talk. Some people moved from their tables since they couldn't hear anything else either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunDennyDined on 9/20/2014Fun, good food, good environment, fun, good food, good environment, friendly staff,Special Features:
- Good food, slow service.Andrea92Dined on 9/11/2014We went out to Rockin Baja Lobster in Old Town for my best friend's birthday. Overall the food was tasty and everyone enjoyed their meals, however the service was extremely slow. There were not many people in the restaurant, but it still took the servers a long time to get our food and drinks out to us. Additionally, I brought a birthday cake which almost got lost (I had asked them to put in the fridge when I arrived). Regardless, the ambiance fit the theme and the food was good.Special Features:
- UnreliableScottyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Last time, great. This time, mediocre. Food greasy. Service a bit spotty.Special Features:
- rcebDined on 8/21/2014We went as a small group while visiting San Diego for a conference. It was really a great place to get together after work and the food was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodlive2eatDined on 8/20/2014The food was delicious, service is good, nice ambiance and very good margarita.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing and well priced. Service was good. My family loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceluvitDined on 8/16/2014Our server was outstanding. Blanca was super friendly, attentive and made sure our experience was the best! Thank you Blanca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShockedHappyDinerDined on 8/13/2014I have been a patron of this restaurant for quite some time and the service and the food have always been impeccable but this time I can't say that.The service and the food were terrible.I ordered their most expensive bucket which included crab and lobster. The lobster was undercooked and the crab was overcooked.Service was much slower than usual and less quality. This was my go to restaurant for crab and lobster I am very disappointed to lose that. I bring all my guests there. I even brought a friends parents that were in from Sweden and they loved it but that was last year. My father is coming to visit in December and I was planning on bringing him there but I don't think so anymore. The prices are too steep not to get good quality food.
- AmazingSDDiningDined on 8/2/2014Amazing food, large quantities at a great price. Awesome customer service from the beginning to the end. We definitely will be back again.Special Features:
- Too loudDryzVIPDined on 8/2/2014There was a live band playing and it was just too loud. Could not barely hear the person right next to me yelling. Food was good though. We had the bucket.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We made a reservation at 7 pm on Saturday, and they were able to seat us early. The band was amazing, the food was outstanding! !! We will be going again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014A group of us went there to celebrate a birthday and were very disappointed! The service was horrible!!! Our server hardly ever came to our table. We had to ask other servers walking by for clean silverware and plates. Our drinks sat empty for over 30 min and finally one of us went to the bar for refills and then we waited another 30 min to get the check after we were done. THEN she never came back to collect our payment. The brthday boys lobsters were over cooked and the meat was hard to get out of their shells. The carne asada was tough. Very disappointing!!!
- Fabulous!GoCardsDined on 7/27/2014We were in town for the weekend and heard Rockin Baja Lobster was excellent, and it was! A bonus for us was the valet parking. Old Town does not offer a lot of parking, and this was a perfect service.Special Features:
- Another great visitDiningdivaieDined on 7/26/2014Last year, we ended up at this place by accident and had an amazing time. Great food, friendly service, and pitchers of margaritas. This year, we planned for it, and made a reservation. We were late and called in; they were friendly and accommodating, and provided us with our table promptly after we arrived. Our server was great. The food was fast, hot and she was quick to get our requests (ketchup etc.) Minor problems: my daughter's soda cup had a large crack in it and leaked soda all over the table. They replaced it and gave her a sundae as an "I'm sorry." She was thrilled. Can't wait to go again next year. Prices are a tad on the high end, but worth it for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation oops.LuvCfoodDined on 7/26/2014We had a great time but when I asked for a table by fountain I was told they were for reservations. I had to tell the greeter I did have a reservation and requested a table by fountain. She asked to wait 5 minutes and she would correct her mistake and seat us by the fountain. After we were seated we had a great time. Service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their mango salsa!!!WanedaDined on 7/23/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and it was delicious. They offer bottomless chips and salsa at their salsa bar, which have 4-6 different amazing salsas. I ordered the Lobster Lovers and it was delicious and my husband ordered a bucket with crab, lobster, and shrimp and loved it!!! Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014We took our 3 children on a mini vacation and took them to your restaurant. They are 17, 19 and 20 years old. They were very entertained with the whole experience. They loved the chip bar and salsa, the food, the atmosphere and the service. We had plenty of leftovers to eat the next day. They laughed at the statements in the restrooms. I have been to a Rockin Baja here in Temecula a few years ago, it was nice but our children have never been there. Thanks for the wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Lots of it, bit priceyChowhoundDined on 7/22/2014Been to Rockin' Baja Lobster Several times. Usually get the Big Baja Bucket. Lots of great variety. Always very good. Bucket for 2 is a bit on the pricey side but there is enough food that 3 can dine w/ some appetizers and/or a couple trips to the chip/salsa bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that impressed....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014We have been going to this restaurant on occasion for years and have typically been satisfied. This time tt was extremely loud with music to drown out being located adjacent to the 5 freeway. They used to offer a free salad bar with the chip & salsa bar, but that is no longer. We ordered the famous buckets of food which was a large amount of food. This comes with unlimited tortillas. They brought us one thing of tortillas which lasted about 5 mins for a table of 7, when we asked a busser for more it took over 10 mins to get more tortillas meanwhile the rest of our food was getting cold. It seemed like the restaurant wasn't prepared for the evening or the servers didn't know how to handle their tables. We also sent back two margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun.CarrCarrDined on 7/19/2014Excellent lobster tails. Good service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- great seafoodgreatseafoodDined on 7/19/2014I am originally from new england and was raise on sea food right from the ocean. When I eat sea food it has to be fresh and prepared correctly and the rockin Baja does it right. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys real fresh prepared seafood. 😁Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like being in the BajaAceBVIPDined on 7/12/2014Fun place with good seafood. Big drinks and big plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my sons 21 st birthdaypapoDined on 7/12/2014We had a grate time. The employees where very nice. The only downfall was the room we was seated in was very warm and when we asked if one of the fans to be turned on the manager said " its very dustey and they cant turn it on" overall grate prices and food. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencePinsDined on 7/11/2014This is by far the best ding experience we had on our vacation. We reserved a table online and walked right through the crowds and got our table right away. I normally like quieter dining but this was different. Everyone in the place was having a great time. The food was awesome. I would recommend the bucket for two with shrimp lobster chicken and steak. Feeds 3 easily. Can't wait to go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain truth!iplaywithfoodtooDined on 7/5/2014The food is always great. The ambiance is awesome! The wait for the food is worth it. Just be patient with your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!KeololuDined on 7/5/2014The seafood was great. Big baja bucket. The lobster burger was so good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everytime!DeucesdiningDined on 7/4/2014Another great experience! Service was somewhat slow, but there was a large party on the back patio that took up a lot of the server's time. Food was great and we will be back! We had a large party and we were seated quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocks your baja!iluv2shop2Dined on 7/4/2014Corn Lobster Chowder and Ahi tacos ala carte always a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town reviews archive.
- Good choiceNYkatDined on 7/2/2014Good food & nice variety. Friendly & attentive service. Atmosphere was loud but still able to carry a conversation. Mussels appetizer was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Had a great server! She made sure we where taken care of...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.