Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town
3890 Twiggs St.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockinbaja.com/
- Phone: (619) 260-0305
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dialy: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town
Rockin' Baja is a full service and fun Mexican-Seafood restaurant that offers uniquely prepared Baja style seafood presented in rustic steel buckets. We created a diverse menu filled with exceptionally great, finger lickin’ good fun food delivered fresh to your table daily. Kick back, drink an ice cold beer or margarita, enjoy a shot of tequila and experience all the good times that are Rockin’ Baja.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town - Best Restaurants in Old Town ›
Rockin Baja Lobster Old Town reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (43)great for outdoor dining (37)kid-friendly (20)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- We go here everytime we goSofiaDined on 3/29/2014We go here everytime we go to San Diego. It's a fun, lively place to go. My husband loves the street tacos while the rest of the family usually gets the seafood buckets, especially the lobster. We also like the Mexican twist on the caesar salad.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014My boyfriend's cousins (5 women) are visiting from Wisconsin, our entire group included 10 people,...we wanted to take them somewhere with a Mexican cuisine...well we received so much more than that! The food, the service, our table which surrounded a firepit was beyond amazing...Thank you so much Rockin' Baja!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodHappyDinerDined on 3/9/2014Whenever I want lobster or snowcrab legs this is where I go. The mexican food is also great. The beans and rice are the best out of any mexican restaurant I have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday FiestaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Went on a Friday. Very loud music. If that's what you want, it's great, just don't expect to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Especially good for a groupMikeVIPDined on 2/26/2014Ended up having one of the specialty buckets with shrimp and lobster. A lot of food and it was really well prepared. The chips and salsa bar was mixed. I didn't like the heavy seasoning on the chips, but the various salsa options were great, but pretty hot. It didn't bother me, but some of the others at the table thought it was hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodatingluvtacotuesdayDined on 2/25/2014We made reservations for a group of 12 but we were unaware that the Taco Tuesday deals were only available at the bar. They offered to move our entire group outside and provide us with the same menu of the bar. We enjoyed a great variety of food and especially loved the $2 tacos and $4 margaritas!Special Features:
- So so... so loud and a so tackyslavetoworkDined on 2/23/2014This is a lunch place at best. We went for dinner. When we arrived a band was playing and I asked if our group could sit somewhere 'away' from the band. The place was fairly empty and they have other rooms but the hostess told me "No" the table was near the band. : ( As for the food and service, everything was just ok...nothing to recommend. It's your typical chain-like experience where middle of the road seems to be the standard. We didn't go for the expensive buckets so I can't comment on those but the dishes we all had were rather mundane. Nothing to write home about...or here even. Oh..the chips were memorable and the salsa bar was good. If I go back I will simply drink beer and eat chips.Special Features:
- Great serviceAlexRDined on 2/23/2014I've taken my family here plenty of times but our server Brett made this night stand out more than the othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love Rockin Baja Old TownPattieCVIPDined on 2/22/2014We always have a great time at the Old Town Rockin Baja Lobster!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went on my bdaywentonmybday29Dined on 2/18/2014Went with girlfriends on my bday. Food and drinks were good. Waitress wasn't attentive and gave me a birthday dessert which she charged us for... We spoke to her and she took it off the bill. Okay experience... Wasn't wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large parties. Goodluv2travelDined on 2/15/2014Great for large parties. Good food and service. Live entertainment. Kid friendly. Valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for a related Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014We went for a related Valentine's Day lunch as we were going to the Old Town Theater for an afternoon performance. We both felt it would have been better to separate the families from couples seating. Service was slow - had to wait forever for water - but food was excellent. We would probably return if we were in the area
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Took my wife there for Valentines Day! Great food, music, and service. A memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go on Valentines Daysbroder1Dined on 2/14/2014We didn't like to room where we were seated, as we prefer and are accustom to the main dining area. We couldn't hear the live singer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely noisy unable toDukeDined on 2/12/2014Extremely noisy unable to hear the person sitting across the table from me.Special Features:
- Great restaurantrogercheng3Dined on 2/2/2014Great food, and service. Made a reservation with open-table and was very smooth. I had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014The food was well seasoned and the portions were fit for a family style meal The waiter was helpful and friendly. The menu was explained and the complimentary chip and dip bar was a added bonus. The live music enhanced the experience. This will be my new location to Take friends and relatives who visit looking for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerTrevor51Dined on 1/27/2014I have missed going to Rocking Baja for a number of years so this year for my birthday I chose to have dinner there. The buckets were as amazing as ever (I had the lobster and shrimp). As good as the grilled shrimp and lobster were- the mango salsa on the salsa bar was the best part of dinner. I could have taken a gallon of that home! The churros for dessert came out fresh and hot. Flora was our server and she was great! I will be back VERY soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJaredRVIPDined on 1/26/2014The restaurant was located right in old San Diego however it was outdoor seating next to the freeway. So every car, truck or motorcycle that drove by could be heard. Total mood killer. The food was decent but there are so many other choices in old San Diego that you should try them first and if nothing else is available come here.
- Good, but not greatLK2014VIPDined on 1/26/2014It's been a few years since we've been to Rockin' Baja Lobster, and although it hasn't changed much, something in the food was just lacking - no zing! Nothing special. Quantities were plentiful, as always, and fresh, but just not a lot of flavor. Had to put salsa on everything just to get some flavor???? Over all good, but nothing special.
- fun time good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014The food is great but this particular night our server disappeared for like 15 min until one of us got up & asked for some help so we could order our food. They had live music so its loud & fun but not good if you want to have a conversation. Good party place. Buckets of meat are yum! $5 parkingSpecial Features:
- First time for usOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014This was to celebrate my daughter's boyfriend's birthday. He and my daughter had been there before; my wife and I had not. We had a terrific experience. The waitress was very attentive. The food was great. I enjoyed the Carlos Santana tribute band. I guess the only negative was that our table was pretty crowded once our orders arrived. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Rockin' Bajabward2000Dined on 1/11/2014We have been to Rockin' Baja about 4 times and I can honestly say that this place is one of the things we look forward to the most when we come to San Diego. The food is always great and we absolutely love the salsa bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLajollaguyDined on 12/30/2013Great food. Best for Mexican in old town. I have tried them all. Great place to bring out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baja style, hipper Old TownpozcubDined on 12/26/2013We were on vacation with our older teenager sons and found this place on Open Table. Our family loves Mexican food, but are always looking for something new and different. We found it here. Our sons are self-proclaimed foodies and they loved the lighter, fresher Baja-style menu. The salsa bar had a robust array of unique and interesting options. The seasoning for the seafood bucket was outstanding and seafood in it was plentiful. The other dishes we ordered and the sides were equally as tasty. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. We'd definitely recommend this to other vacationers in the San Diego area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentHappyDinerDined on 12/25/2013I have been eating here for quite a few years now and it's always the same, great. This is my go to place for Mexican food, seafood and special occasions. I have introduced several friends to this place and they were all thrilled with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place; good dealJ2014Dined on 12/24/2013We had booked a reservation for the regular dining room but our plane was a little late and the restaurant was closing early for Christmas Eve, so we switched to "Taco Tuesday" for a quick 30-minute dinner in the bar part of the restaurant. Quite good "street tacos" for $2 a piece, a friendly staff, and a good beer and a decent margarita....and a chips and salsa bar. Not fancy but good and everything you'd have reason to expect in this context. I'd definitely go back and try the main restaurant on another trip to San Diego. Good location as well--short walk to the stores and historic park in Old TownI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Joined some friends for dinner. All had a great time and really enjoyed the food and received teriffic food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For Food and FunSD2dineDined on 12/14/2013My wife and I love eating at Rockin' Baja Lobster in Old Town San Diego, so when it was time to start make arrangements for her birthday dinner there was no other choice but Rockin' Baja Lobster. Open Table made making a reservation easy. I've used Open Table for other occasions in other cities and it is a great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican Seafood at its BestJedkydhoVIPDined on 12/3/2013The food was over the top excellent and tasteful. The service was attentive, happy and excellent but, please keep in mind we went on a Tuesday night so there was not many people there. I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lava RocksNickDined on 11/26/2013We were given a table for our party of 12, which was wonderful. But they keep the heaters up so high that it was a bit uncomfortable. My brother in law proposed and had the ring in deep fried ice cream and it was really romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your time or money!PLhappyVIPDined on 11/16/2013Didn't have dinner here as planned because we could not get the waitresses attention after waiting for 25 minutes, so can not rate the food or drinks. The manager was kind enough to offer to move us to another section or comp. a round of drinks, but by then we just wanted out of this really loud no service place.
- Good Food - Great ServiceMajorDadUSMCDined on 11/15/2013For a chain establishment, the Rockin' Baja Lobster location in Old Town is by far my favorite location. On my recent trip, we received excellent service from Jackson and the other team of servers. The RBL offers an array of items for kids and adults and the ambiance is outstanding-including live music on Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, OK foodScottyVIPDined on 11/9/2013Ate here for the first time at the weekend. Had one of the "buckets". Looks big, and the food is placed to make it look as though it's overflowing, but there is a brown wax-paper "hammock" inside that actually supports the food - in reality, the bucket is half- to three-quarter empty. Service was excellent; friendly & prompt. Live band was VERY loud, to the extent that you had to yell to have a conversation. We enjoyed the slightly quieter piped music that played when the band went on a break. Margaritas seemed low on alcohol, high on mix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had great service and thePaulDined on 11/1/2013Had great service and the seafood here is well priced..it is a good place for friends or a group..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin lunchlcabralDined on 10/31/2013The staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was very good. This is a must go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a blastCeltic0088Dined on 10/12/2013The food was great, the service was wonderful and we had fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food So SotencentDined on 10/11/2013Baja Lobster use to be good not anymore the food was not good drinks ok service was good won't return!
- This was a great find. I wouldSunnyDined on 10/6/2013This was a great find. I would have never gone to this restaurant if not for Open Table. Everyone in my party enjoyed. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- loved it!! wish there weredaffodilDined on 10/4/2013loved it!! wish there were rockin bahas in Illinois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.