Rockin Baja Lobster Oceanside
258 Harbor Dr. South
Oceanside, CA 92054Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rockin Baja Lobster Oceanside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockinbaja.com/
- Phone: (760) 967-6199
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 9:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
A word from Rockin Baja Lobster Oceanside
Rockin' Baja is a full service and fun Mexican-Seafood restaurant that offers uniquely prepared Baja style seafood presented in rustic steel buckets. We created a diverse menu filled with exceptionally great, finger lickin’ good fun food delivered fresh to your table daily. Kick back, drink an ice cold beer or margarita, enjoy a shot of tequila and experience all the good times that are Rockin’ Baja.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rockin Baja Lobster Oceanside reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (20)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Baja Bucket for Two!!!bsparks7Dined on 11/20/2014Very tasty diner with steak, chicken, shrimp and lobster. Two or three could be feed easily on this bucket. For us, with the spices that the shrimp and lobster are cooked with combined with the use of the butter sauce created an overload on Salt... desalted/drawn butter would have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Harbor views and great food and service.redhenDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed watching the harbor happenings as we ate great food and enjoyed the chips and salsa bar. The reservation kind of worked out. They were very busy and a waitress came up and sat us before the hostess could note our reservation. Waitress told her to note the reservation. We did get an available table by the sidewalk we requested, but it was not held for us. If you get the bucket it is quite pricey. We managed to feed 4 people out of one $50 bucket for 2, due to ordering an appetizer and eating lots of chips and salsa. Tortillas and chili honey butter are delicious, too. Unlimited rice and beans, so total bill for 4 was about $65. pre tax and tip, not bad.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE/OK FOODHAMMERTIMEDined on 11/11/2014SERVICE WAS FRIENDLY AND EXCELLENT. FOOD WAS AVERAGE. LIVE MUSIC ON OUTDOOR PATIO. VERY GOOD AND INEXPENSIVE KID'S MENU. CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE AND CHOCOLATE NACHOS WERE GREAT DESSERTS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv this placeEpautoDined on 11/7/2014Great time, kids love it and don't have to be quiet, yet still have great ambiance for the wife and ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kekaVIPDined on 10/30/2014lots of margarita choices. Both fish tacos and shrimp tacos were yummy. coating on fish was crispy, cabbage was crunchy and the crème sauce was flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was slow - food goodMarinefamily1Dined on 10/23/2014Waitress was slow to take order with hungry kids. Other servers were filling our drinks and making sure we were ok. Price was too high but food was great. Notice that our waitress catered to table next to us and was a lot more friendly to them. Family of 7 and paid over $200! Made reservations but table was not ready. Hostess was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab LegsWildfireVIPDined on 10/8/2014Loved the seafood bucket with crab legs. We came for crab and we had crab!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LocationllhoDined on 10/4/2014We used to visit Rockin Baja Lobster in Old Town as we liked to stroll in old town after the meal. The Oceanside location offers a view to the harbor and we had a nice walk after dinner. The food was delicious and with OpenTable reservation we didn't have to wait long to be seated. We will go back.Special Features:
- What a find!NorthmanDined on 9/22/2014The food was great. We all loved the help-yourself chips and salsa bar. We came hungry and left full and satisfied. The kids were welcomed. Good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemEatWellVIPDined on 9/11/2014Amazing first visit! Food great,scene awesome,and kid-friendly...win win win! To top it off,found out they have fabulous Sunday football DIY Bloody Mary Bar with large TV's to watch all games! I'll be back on Sundays at Minumum! Yummers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portions family stylel131993Dined on 8/30/2014This is a famiy style grub joint. That being said, it leaves your tummy full. The food was good enough. I ordered the seafood enchiladas and my husband ordered the epic burrito which were huge and tasty. I can't complain :). Now the constructive critique: we had to wait even tho we had reservations. We were then seated at a "bad table" meaning bad location (walkway), bad size (so tight I had to loop my purse over my knees) and bad legs (wobbled and spilled drinks). Fixing a wobbly table is near free so there is no excuse. And i guess it's snobby of me to think that reserved patrons deserve a table that's a little better than the "I didn't plan ahead/walk-in-table". But that is just me. I could have sat in the bar and had a better time.Special Features:
- Great placeParentsOnTheLooseDined on 8/21/2014Great portions, tasty food, and our server Marcos was awesome. The tequila lime shrimp appetizer was amazing. Next time we are back in Oceanside for vacation we will definitely return.Special Features:
- great timesfamilyfun2014Dined on 8/19/2014After a tragic week it was nice to unwind and have good time. Service was quick, food great and our waitress was friendly and checked on us often .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!FamilyFeastDined on 8/17/2014My family has been coming here for years and it is always soooo delicious!! The seafood buckets are the best! Great salsa bar and the tortillas and butter are tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taco TuesdayllhoDined on 8/12/2014I always wanted to try Taco Tuesday at Rockin Baja Lobster. Finally, i was in the neighborhood on a Tuesday, so why not? The tacos were yummy and the price at $2 apiece was yummy too.Special Features:
- Love Rockin Baja!stefunny1Dined on 8/9/2014I've been going to Rockin Baja for years. Usually we go to the one in Old Town San Diego, but we were not in San Diego this weekend and just drove to Oceanside specifically for dinner here. I have eaten at all four of the current restaurants (Old Town, Gaslamp, Oceanside and Newport), as well as two others that are no longer open. Definitely one of my most favorite places to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :(OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014One of the hostesses was extremely rude. Our waitress was great; however the inside floors were filthy, our table was dirty and the food was below average.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Rockin Baja Lobster Oceanside reviews archive.
- Need to rock the site.plumeriaDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant needs a good cleaning and spruce up. Maybe pushing the "beach hangout" look too far. The food was good though, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBGeezDined on 7/26/2014Great food with great view and excellent service...we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 6RomonkmccallDined on 7/24/2014Was great for a later dinner for six. They seated us promptly, brought the margaritas quickly, and the waiter was really good!Special Features:
- Service suckedYayaDined on 7/24/2014We asked for a minute to go over the menu not a hour ! The girl in training was much nicer than the actual waiter no one was nice I understand it was busy but being nice dosent take time ! Don't think I will go back
- Review from our visit on 7/6/14BirthdayDined on 7/6/2014Scheduled 4 parties to meet on 7/6 to celebrate a special birthday party. This location was a difficult one for most of us to find a parking spot as it's located in the Harbor of Oceanside. The food was very good. Once we finally all arrived, some of us were 40 minutes late due to the lack of parking, our experience was good. Our waiter was excellent. The food was very good. I had the Lobster plate with a Lobster Taco and Enchilada that came with Lobster Corn Chowder. My dish was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and great food.barber84Dined on 7/5/2014Service was excellent, we sat at our table right away. The drinks were very good and the food was on point. I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant! Great food!CgoodnightDined on 6/20/2014Food, service, and atmosphere are all great at Rockin Baja Lobster!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It does rock!thnx77Dined on 6/14/2014We went to the Oceanside location for a graduation celebration dinner :-) It was right on the boardwalk over-looking the harbor water front. We sat outside which is enclosed with glass. It felt comfortable because you don't feel the wind chill when it gets later in the evening. They also have nice outdoor heaters :-) The food was GREAT and filling! It is a good price, slightly high, but fair for steak/chicken and seafood. The service was fantastic too! It is louder inside seating, so I'm glad we sat outside. I recommend RESERVATIONS!! You will wait a long time otherwise! I made them online and they got the reservation IMMEDIATELY! I know this because I called to request we be seated outside. It was a GREAT EXPERIENCE!! Go! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get your motor runningmotorpsyco55Dined on 6/8/2014Made this our Sunday "Ride to eat " run for our Harley group. Did not disappoint. Great food, great staff, Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RBL review...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Our hostess, Sami and server, Amy were great! It's nice to be seated promptly with a happy smile and to be checked up on, again with a smile, after our food arrives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We made an online reservation for 7 for Friday evening. An employee called to confirm reservation, we reduced res to 6, which she granted (a professional and welcoming employee) and requested an outdoor harbor view as this was a special ocassion. We arrived on time, but the hostess insisted on seating us in the corner behind their only wall, even tho asking again for the harbor view, and even though view tables of the harbor were available for the next 60 minutes. Not impressed. Our food server was outstanding. The food was excellent. The hostess was terrible. Not likely to return, as the only employee (hostess) who could make a difference for us, didn't care to.Special Features:
- Sea of Cortez Bucket!KRGoneDined on 5/22/2014We went here for my husband's birthday with the family, about 15 of us, and had a great time. They were very accommodating and quick with food and drinks despite our large group. I would definitely recommend the Sea of Cortez bucket. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DukeDined on 5/11/2014Parking is an issue. In fact, I finally found a parking space that was not for boat owners to later discover was a paid parking space. The paid parking area is not well marked as I found out the hard way-$58 parking ticket. I will not go back to the Oceanside location because of the parking situation. Get valet parking and I will go back.
- Who wants great food & harbor view?pnnypitDined on 5/11/2014Never disappointed with this place. Definitely recommend making reservations for the patio. Great for people watching. Who needs paid entertainment? Even both mens' & womens' bathrooms are unforgettable, in a fun way. Their menu specials are "buckets" of food. Pricey so save for special occasion or just order ala cartePS-no suits & ties in THIS place.Special Features:
- Scenic findTerriVIPDined on 5/10/2014Took my mother there for an early Mother's Day lunch. Setting was very nice, service and food was good. The salsa could be a little more tasty/spicy. Other than that, no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!gnugzDined on 4/26/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary, it did not disappoint. The food was stellar and the service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, enjoyed the viewrablesDined on 4/26/2014Had a fun time with family - the service was excellent, so is the location. We enjoyed the chips and salsa bar. Drinks were very good, food is OK, but overall a great place to go for a casual evening out with friends/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With reservation,long waititwasokDined on 4/19/2014I made reservations a few days before the evening get together for ten of us, when we got to the restaurant they said the other group In front of us had their check but were still at the table . They finally assured us that it would be warm enough outside (we had a 2 year old) and they set up our table . Being rookies at Baja we waited for our chips and salsa to come but never did then we saw other groups getting chips at the salsa bar so we followed. The Epic burrito was mostly beans and rice and not much lobster and shrimp , most of the other food was average to just above average.Special Features:
- Rockin lobster reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Overall our experience was good. Took too long to get a waitress acknowledge us. Tables were very sticky and rocky(hence the name Rockin Lobster). Food was awesome and at a fair price. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceEEsDadVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was good, not great. The service was good, not great. Overall, it was a nice dinner.
- Great day, perfect food.CarterDined on 3/20/2014We went to lunch on our anniversary. I am so happy we did. We enjoyed great scenery, great service and perfect food. We plan in coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an unforgettable birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014I spent a wonderful time with family celebrating my birthday. Food was just delicious, and kids had so much fun! Service was excellent. Amazing localization in the harbor, I recommend this restaurant to all who wants taste good mexican and see food.Special Features:
- If you like hanging in grubby barsikhnatonDined on 2/21/2014We went to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. They seated us immediately, so we expected a great experience. Unfortunately, the wooden tables were sticky, as though they rarely cleaned them. The restaurant was rather loud even though it was barely half full. Our food took a long time to arrive, but our waitress kept checking on us to see if we were ok and kept assuring us that our meal was almost ready. My wife's steak came out undercooked and dry. The waitress took it back and came back with a new perfectly cooked steak in seconds. We wondered where this one came from so fast. The food was just average. I probably won't go here again. The didn't even sing happy birthday to my father-in-law or give him a free dessert.Special Features: