Rockin Baja Lobster Newport
2104 W. Oceanfront
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rockin Baja Lobster Newport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockinbaja.com/
- Phone: (949) 723-0606
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Rockin Baja Lobster Newport
Rockin' Baja is a full service and fun Mexican-Seafood restaurant that offers uniquely prepared Baja style seafood presented in rustic steel buckets. We created a diverse menu filled with exceptionally great, finger lickin’ good fun food delivered fresh to your table daily. Kick back, drink an ice cold beer or margarita, enjoy a shot of tequila and experience all the good times that are Rockin’ Baja.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rockin Baja Lobster Newport reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great FoodKayBaxDined on 10/8/2014Took my mom here and had a great time! We were a little unsure at first because it seemed really small but after we sat down it was perfect. It was a lot more intimate which was great. I could actually have a nice conversation and enjoy really good food. The only thing was that it got pretty busy and service wasn't on top of it all the time. Other than that it was great! I couldn't get over how amazing the lobster was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedlobsterDined on 9/20/2014This was the best place for lobster and combo buckets. How things have changed. The buckets are so made for you to have to purchase more than one to get what was all in one big bucket. I did order the 2lb lobster platter for two. Its was not all that. I drove from Az. and was not only stuck in traffic but our waitress was not only fake seeing her interact with us at times snippy, then seeing her in action with her acting friendly act was disgusting. Especially how she would just tell her co workers pocket rocket night tonight. watch and see. The best thing was the hard workers in the kitchen and the males that worked there. They were always going out of our way .
- The following 17 reviews are from the Rockin Baja Lobster Newport reviews archive.
- Seafood TreatRustyztwoDined on 7/18/2014We love the bucket of crab, lobster and shrimp and we were again not disappointed.Special Features:
- Baja Rockin LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014The food was awefull I had the carne asada which tasted like a rubber ball. My kids something similar with bad results. I had calamari appetizer and that was awesome. Other than that well we left the restraunt with full plates and empty stomachsSpecial Features:
- The Baja bucket is amazing!MrSkunkApeDined on 6/22/2014I really enjoyed the Baja bucket. It was full of tasty lobster tails and yummy large shrimp. I couldn't believe how many lobster tails they included in the bucket. Everything was seasoned to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expecteddisappointedDined on 6/7/2014I recently dined at the Rockin Baja Lobster in San Diego and the entire experience in San Diego far exceeded what I received in Newport. By this being a beach area restaurant I expected better service, better food, and overall better dining experience. The tables were dirty, the service was exceptionally slow, and the food was bland and the chips were staleSpecial Features:
- Rockin Baja Lives up to its name!SeasideBettyDined on 5/24/2014Our friend told us about Rockin Baja in Newport Beach, but we waited for out-of-town visitors before we gave it a try. What a wonderful place for a fun lunch! The buckets are amazing! The lobster and shrimp fresh and the spice mix really finger-licken' good! Service was friendly and attentive, the crowd energetic and fun, really I can't say enough good things. We will be coming back here--definitely now my favorite place in Newport!Special Features:
- great stufffatfkDined on 5/13/2014outstanding tostada salad. appetizers were great. guacamole right on.Special Features:
- Baja Buckets Rock!busyinocDined on 3/8/2014Don't even bother with any other menu items, just pick and choose from the bucket selection. The seasoning and preparation of the shrimp, crab and lobster is out of this world!Special Features:
- OC restaurant weekXOkatkatDined on 2/28/2014Me and my girls came for OC restaurant week. Glad we did! Food was delicious and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood, Seafood, Seafood!Chardnay8Dined on 2/19/2014Great Baja style seafood used in a variety of dishes. We ordered a Baja Bucket for two with lobster, shrimp and crab legs that came with rice, beans and tortillas. It was more than enough for two! I can't talk much about the ambience since we sat in a tight corner in the back the bar. I assume there is a dining room upstairs, but that wasn't available even though we made a reservation (which wasn't needed). Oh, and the cocktails are good. I had a pina colada, which I haven't had in years and it was so yummy! Like having dessert with my meal. Hubby had a Long Island and said it was very good. All in all we had a good time and really enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- No reservation found !!!pelicanDined on 2/15/2014We had to wait for one hour!! Because no reservation found in the system. I still have the confirmation e-mail. I came from all the way from Pomona to Newport Beach, they were asking me if I made reservation San Diego location!! I am not sure is that something OpenTable issue or the restaurant ? We loved food but I can't trust open table reservation !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeLoveseafoodDined on 2/4/2014I was in town for business.. I wanted so good seafood.. I did an Internet search.. Thought I would try it.. The food was very very good! Bartender provided great service.. Diffiently be back the next trip to Newport Beach!Special Features:
- NOISY, CROWDED - GREAT FOOD/SERVICEPATTYPDined on 1/25/2014THIS IS A FAVORITE PLACE FOR MY FRIENDS, NOT SO MUCH FOR ME, BUT IT'S OKAY. THE PLACE IS RELATIVELY SMALL AND EXTREMELY NOISY AND DIFFICULT FOR A HANDICAPPED PERSON IN A WHEELCHAIR TO ACCESS. IF YOU LOVE SEAFOOD, IT'S A GREAT PLACE. FRENCH FRIES ARE AVERAGE AT BEST; DON'T CARE FOR THE BEANS AND RICE. THE TORTILLAS ARE GREAT WITH THE HONEY CHIPOTLE BUTTER MY FAVORITE THING. MY FRIENDS LOVE THE CRAB LEGS AND SHRIMP AND LOBSTER CORN CHOWDER AS WELL AS THE SMORES' DESSERT. THE SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014We came here for the first time for the Newport Beach Restaurant Week. The foods overall were great. The service was excellent. The Ahi Poke was the appetizer of choice. The complimentary chips and three kinds of salsa were delicious. We ended up asking for more. This was kind of make up for the waitress for forgetting to bring the rice and beans that was supposedly included in the entree (Famous Baja Bucket). My friend had the Mexican Caesar salad which was just OK. The Epic Burrito was excellent. My friend also had two cocktails (I forgot what he ordered because I don't drink) and they were great. We both had the fired Ice Cream and that was a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly tastyGoUtesDined on 1/20/2014I had read a few mixed reviews from this website concerning the Rockin' Baja Lobster. We decided it was worth the risk, and we were well rewarded for our decision. After ordering you get a bowl of chips that comes with three different salsas; mango, red and green. The menu is robust with everything from seafood steam pots to tacos and hamburgers. We decided to go with one of the pots that had snow crab, lobster tails and shrimp. The lobster tails are cut in half, and were slightly overcooked, but not a total disappointment. The shrimp are HUGE and are very delicious. The staff was very friendly and were quick to respond to requests. It was a fun atmosphere and the food was very tasty, well worth the gamble to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hardly "rockin"tommyvvVIPDined on 1/18/2014The service was the only bright spot. The lobster burger was bordering on pathetic. The slight bit of lobster was soggy and tasteless and the rest of the sandwich without flavor except for the overpowering Tabasco mayonnaise. The Ceaser salad was tossed with almost no dressing and was nearly unrecognizable and flavorless. For a restaurant with lobster in its name the diner certainly deserves better!
- Lobster tail - Fried Ice creamfoodtripDined on 1/10/2014I love the place, it's near the beach. We ordered sea of cortez bucket--lobster tail sooo awesome..shrimp and snow crab so tasty... and the best dessert I've ever had is fried ice cream...it is soooo yummy...Prices are affordable, waiting time not so bad. We are definitely recommend this to friends..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood buckets, lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2013Great seafood buckets, loved the Alaskan Crab Legs platterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.