3099 Mayfield Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rockefellerscleveland.com/
- Phone: 2163210477
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jill Vedaa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rockefeller's is an ultra chic and unique space to host your next event! Our private event coordinator will take care of every detail, whether you are hosting an intimate affair, a corporate function, or something as special as your wedding day. We have options to privately rent our entire facility or to reserve spaces semi-privately, and fully customizable cuisine and beverage packages to fufill your every need. Visit our website at www.rockefellerscleveland.com to submit a request for more personalized information or to set up a meeting with our coordinator.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Schulze 2163210477
- Entertainment: Rockefeller's is Cleveland's premier east side destination for live Jazz & Blues without a cover charge. A variety of very talented local musicians grace our lounge with their inspired performances on select Thursdays, and every Friday and Saturday evening. Visit our website www.rockefellerscleveland.com for an entertainment calendar, artist biographies, audio clips and more!
- Cross Street: Mayfield Road & Lee Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at the meters directly in front of the Rockefeller Heights Building on a first come first served basis. Meters are no longer monitored after 7:00pm. There is an additional gated lot to the right side of the building, where for a $1 per car charge, you can park safely for the entire evening.
A word from Rockefeller's
Rockefeller's is an upscale dining restaurant & jazz lounge located in the historic Rockefeller Heights Building in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. We feature fresh, local & sustainable internationally inspired American cuisine from renowned Chef Jill Vedaa. Cozy up with a handcrafted cocktail, or one of our 24 wines by the glass near our woodburning fireplace as classy live music fills our historic space. Join us for incredible happy hour specials, weekly wine events, and a fun weekend late night menu. Our service team is comprised of talented, knowledgeable + passionate industry professionals who cannot wait to provide you with an experience to remember. Looking forward to seeing you at Rockefeller's soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Rockefeller's - Best Restaurants in Cleveland Heights ›
Rockefeller's reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (9)romantic (6)good for groups (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful experience and menuneilrealdealDined on 9/5/2014They change the menu daily. Interesting dishes. Impeccable service. Fish heavy. No chicken dish. Our food splendid. The noise from the band made it difficult to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:
- DisappointingLamborghiniVIPDined on 8/23/2014Upon arriving we noted one very large open room with very high ceilings and very little atmosphere for fine dining. The host who greeted us on Saturday night was dressed in a polo shirt and khaki pants which set the pace for the remainder of the dining experience. There were only 2 servers for the entire room and it was painfully slow waiting for drinks, bread and then the main course. A band played in the far corner and the acoustics were more annoying than anything because of the high ceilings. The food was mediocre at best. For the price, this was not a good value. I would not consider this restaurant fine dining.
- beautiful and deliciousgreatDined on 8/23/2014Rockefellers is in a beautiful room in a lovely old building. The atmosphere alone would be a reason to go, but the food was also great. The menu was varied and balanced between familiar classics and innovative choices. Everything we tried was excellent. We didn't spend any time at the bar, but it was a good looking bar. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We were unable to reserve a table until after 8. At that, the table was not ready despite the restuarant being essentially empty. Not a very intimate setting. Waitstaff was very informal. The fish was frozen and a bit overcooked. The bartender was unable to make a bloody mary
- Brussells sproutsFoodnutDined on 8/7/2014I have never enjoyed this vegetable as much as I did here. They were first sauteed, then roasted in the oven for a few minutes in a sherry reduction. Marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In attentive in a crisisFoodFairyDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the food, but service which started out well enough really fell part after a serving mishap at the next table. Our waiter spilled a drink on a customer and broke some glassware and the whole service operation fell apart. Even though other staff members and a management came over to assist, it was nearly impossible to get our waiter back to our table. We finally got dessert menus, but the wait killed any enthusiasm for staying any longer. It will be a while before we return, if we do.Special Features:
- wonderful diningFireworks1Dined on 7/12/2014Anniversary dinner wonderful, would recommend to anyone. Everything was perfect! Plan on returning for after work drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a special occasionCts2244Dined on 7/8/2014My wife and I went here on a whim, and it was a fancier than we would've pictured for a random Tuesday night. That being said it was delicious, the building is interesting. Good for a special night. Lamb and scallops were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Great BuildingLuteVIPDined on 6/10/2014Well worth taking the time to head over to this gem in Cleveland Heights. While a tad expensive, the food is excellent, and the staff helpful.Special Features:
- Duck Strudelolive3meDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I stop by for a drink and jazz or meal every once in a while. But, we went there this Saturday after our son's graduation and had a meal fit for Kings, Queens, and Princes. The duck strudel was especially notable. Everyone agreed the best meal ordered at the table. Succulent! And no one has better ambience than Rockefeller's. You always feel royal when dine in that room.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Rockefeller's reviews archive.
- Dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Had dinner here on the Friday of Memorial Day with my wife. I'd heard of Rockefellers from friends so this was our first time here. The place was fantastic. Food, service, live music made for a great evening. It was a little quiet but maybe that was due to the holiday weekend. I'll definitely go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good MusicTherockofdiningDined on 5/16/2014Took a friend there for her Birthday, she loved it. Very peaceful, beautiful interior design and great service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Please improve serviceGilChestertonDined on 5/10/2014The service was frustrating; the server presented our entrees to the adjoining table who had completed their entrees, after which the server returned to the kitchen, a block away given the reatraunts layout, before serving us with quickly cooling entrees. Later, as we waited flor our desert silverware, the server delivered fresh knives and forks to the adjoining table even though they had finished their meal and received their check. Finally,we were served only one of two deserts; however, the check was prompt and accurateSpecial Features:
- Great atmoshepere - foodFryrkngDined on 5/9/2014Rockefellers was excellent the Duck Strudel has made my list of last supper items outstanding presentation and flavors. We took some friends from Chicago and they loved it. the jazz trio was very good and just the right volume to make this a excellent choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor acousticsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014The evening we were at Rockefeller's, there was a singer in the bar area. We were unable to hear her while sitting in the bar and found that she was too loud when eating at a table on the other side of the restaurant. I don't know who was able to enjoy her or where they needed to be seated.Special Features:
- Poor ManagementandsteigerVIPDined on 5/3/2014We made our reservation through Open Table. The restaurant called to confirm and I added a few more people. Table for 10, dinner to celebrate my daughter's birthday. After a short wait we were seated. Service was extremely slow even thought the restaurant was not full. Our server received limited assistance from other staff. There was no management assistance. Portions were extremely small, think appetizer size for entrée, think small bite size for salad. Our main courses did not come out the same time. Food was cold and pulled pork sent back. Server did not build rapport, did not offer bread. We could not order burgers because we were sitting on the wrong side of open spaced room. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014I went with a group of people here for a celebration. It took us an hour to get our drinks correct and 45 minutes to get bread. (We had to ask multiple times for it). Then, it was another hour to get our food. Overall terrible service and experience. I'm never going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014The food was excellent and the setting lovely. While we prefer leisurely service, this was distractingly slow a Friday night post-concernt meal when the restaurant not overly busy and there were plenty of wait staff on the floor. When our meals were finally served, we were delivered the wrong orders.Special Features:
- MikeVIPDined on 4/26/2014The wines are nicely chosen, the entrees were excellent and well presented, dessert was decadent and the room is memorable. It was a little pricey, but more than a little classy.Special Features:
- Historic but strange spaceecotravelerVIPDined on 4/22/2014Not designed as a restaurant, the space is too big to be comfortably intimate. We had an early, pre-concert dinner and the vast space was empty. An interesting menu, seasonal, we'll-prepared. Service was indifferent.Special Features:
- surpriseacornDined on 4/19/2014A first time for the 4 of us. We celebrated our friend's birthday. We enjoyed everything from the ambiance and music to the fabulous service and food. Everything was served in a timely manner. Wine was terrific as was the cocktails. We would go back and have already endorsed Rockefellers .Special Features:
- Rockefeller's RestaurantakldoDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I had our wedding reception at then Rockefeller's Center 12 years ago before it became a restaurant. We returned for our anniversary celebration. Most of the decorations/layout remain the way we remembered it. Years ago it was a bank. The food was good for the price range (~$20-~$30) and decent wine selection. The service, however, was very slow that evening. The staff was friendly and we had a good time enjoying our anniversary dinner an talked about our reception.Special Features:
- Local gem!gikatyaVIPDined on 4/11/2014I am ashamed I have passed this stellar venue regularly, and never tried it until now. VERY impressed with the setting: classic Cleveland gem of architecture, open, yet still quiet and romantic. The jazz band was excellent, the noise level perfect. It's getting hard to find places where one doesn't have to shout to have a conversation. Very, very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- LIve music and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014Our first experience at Rockefeller's was lackluster. A small menu without many interesting choices. Quite the opposite of this visit 2 years later. Our party of 4 ordered 3 appetizers and 4 different entrees. Each was different and delicious. Nice pacing of the the meal and we loved the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult for handicapped VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Difficult for handicapped Very good food and varietySpecial Features:
- First time visitFirsttimerVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our first time there for dinner. The service was excellent and very attentive (without being too attentive). Food was good and served at a leisurely pace so we can enjoy the evening. It is a very interesting dining room, in the lobby of what was once a bank. Despite the openness of the surroundings, it was surprisingly intimate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!! Unbelievable Perfect Dinner!AlyseVIPDined on 3/22/2014From the second we walked in we were blown away by how beautiful the space is, and how different the set up is compared to most restaurants. It's warm and inviting! The server was very sweet and definitely on top of things! Everyone loved everything they got! We had to stop ourselves from ordering a second brussel sprout appetizer it was so perfect, the bruschetta was(as everyone said) best we ever had! The calamari was amazing, not deep fried but done just perfect. The 3 salad choices are SO different and all so amazing! The mussels, the gnocchi, the swordfish and especially the swordfish sides were perfect! Can't forget the fudge dessert and pear dessert!Can't believe we haven't gone to Rockefeller's in the past but we'll be back plenty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very enjoyable. DidpartygirlDined on 3/22/2014Overall very enjoyable. Did not like " no substitution" policy. Need a better way to serve the main course. Three of us were finished before the other three were served.Special Features:
- Incredible ambiance, decent foodLibPCDined on 3/7/2014Rockefeller's has done a truly amazing job of adapting its (former bank branch) space to suit its current purpose. The space is gorgeous and the acoustics surprisingly good. That said, while the ingredients are of good quality and well prepared, the menu doesn't quite live up to the rest. Not certain I'd come back for another dinner, but drinks & apps while watching a band? Absolutely.Special Features: