461 South Front Street
Wormleysburg, PA 17043Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rockbassgrill.com/
- Phone: 7177311160
- Hours of Operation:
Serving continuously from 11:00am to 11:00pm daily
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew Denezza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning is available for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Steve T. Tomberlain 7177311160
A word from RockBass Grill
RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
RockBass Grill - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
RockBass Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (130)special occasion (78)great for outdoor dining (55)good for groups (49)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (33)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (26)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Food is goodDragonfly60VIPDined on 8/25/2014This is a good place to go if you are in Harrisburg and want seafood. Overall, it was good but the cost versus the quality was a bit over the top. We thought that it was definitely overpriced. Sitting outside is really nice if the weather cooperates. RE: FOOD The shrimp was overcooked (there were five) and the salad (Caesar) was overdressed. Ask for dressing on the side if you don't like salads overdressed. The fresh selections are probably the best option.Special Features:
- Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I won't be going back. The food is OK but not good enough for me to make a special trip for. The service was good and the view is GREAT! It is pricey and the amount of the food is way too much and it's not my style to encourage restaurants to serve such huge portions.Special Features:
- Best Seafood Restaurant in Hbg AreajimhfosterDined on 8/23/2014Best seafood restaurant in the Harrisburg area. I especially like the catch of the day blackened. Try the mango salsa and sweet potato casserole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar areas can be loud!!Cowgirl55Dined on 8/20/2014Our server "Mitzi" was very good and provided great service. She was very busy as the bar was busy. There was a group of people at the bar who were very loud. It was a much more pleasant experience once they left. Other than that, we had a nice evening. Next time I will ask for reservations in the dining area and not the bar.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was good. The service could have been better, the waitress and server were not very personable.Special Features:
- Great combo good food great viewKGMomDined on 8/19/2014One of our favorite go-to spots for a special occasion or ANY occasion. We like to mmet up with friends from time to time. Also a great place for a small group . We hosted a family Sunday brunchhere. And we're very pleased.Special Features:
- Disappointing ...JMRHDined on 8/17/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and we go often; however, if this had been our first visit we probably wouldn't go back. Out of 6 diners at our table only 2 received what they expected and really enjoyed their meal. Our favorite entrees was soupy and they actually served it with a spoon, two were bland and one was missing a key ingredient. When we questioned our server (who was great) she commented that their regular chef was on vacation so the recipes were slightly different. We weren't sure how to respond to her but were thinking that perhaps they ensure that their backup chef is skilled enough to replicate standard menu items. The mgr apologized and discounted the bill but we would have preferred our usual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but dissapointingCampbellSupperDined on 8/16/2014We were hoping to recreate an outstanding Chilean Sea Bass dinner experience from a few years ago. However, our two Sea Bass entrees were not up to par of the previous bass which was a thicker center cut fillet. Whereas, these sea bass cuts were thinner one inch cuts. It was still good, but not outstanding as we hoped. Everything else food and service wise was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Birthday Dinner We WantedDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I both ordered steaks, he requested the sirloin and I asked for the prime rib special, both cooked medium. When mine arrived, it was well-done, and he was given a small fillet instead of the sirloin he had ordered. We politely sent them back and the server returned with my correctly cooked prime rib shortly after. We waited about 15 minutes after that for my husband to finally get his steak, which was charred on the outside and raw on the inside, but at that point it just didnt seem worth it to send it back again so he ate a few bites and let it go. When the check arrived, we were charged for a $28 ny strip instead of his $22 sirloin. We were so tired from the experience that we but the bullet and paid so we could leave
- Food okLiketodineDined on 8/15/2014The lobster tail was very tough and hard to eat. Should have told server but did not. The style of the plates make it difficult to lay the fork or knife on it without falling off.Special Features:
- We love Rock Bass GrillGrannyDined on 8/13/2014It has always been delicious, great fresh fish and so many good ways to have it prepared. The staff is always friendly and very efficient. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastafazoolDined on 8/12/2014The atmosphere was quiet and unobtrusive, with the night view stealing the show. The imaginative menu and delicious food would satisfy any gourmet who wasn't an absolute snob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch for 95th. birthdayliketooeatDined on 8/10/2014had a lunch reservation for 11:30 a.m. we were seated right away, the waitress was very nice and helpful with the menu. the food came out in a very timely manner and was very good. would suggest to friends and we will be back. Thank You for the nice friendly visit. the waitress was cathy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProblemsRobertDined on 8/8/2014Had to send fish back....cold. Forgot about us when we arrived at the table
- Dining 8/7/14cruiseforvacDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed a excellent meal in table next to the window overlooking the river. Very nice ambiance. Server Melinda was wonderful and attentive.Special Features:
- Great PlaceFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I went to this place based on the reviews it got and I was very impressed. The food was awesome and my girl's liked it to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedCindyDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent. The fish was fresh, the sides were very good and the sweet potato casserole got rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine evening at the Rock BassXXXXDined on 8/2/2014The Sea rivals anything on the coast and is much better the oysters are VERY fresh and the Grouper was excellent ....Yea they have Grouper the only place I have found north of Florida Blackened was perfect and the wait staff seem very well trained as in there when you need them and not when you don't .Special Features:
- Very good experienceskydivegirlDined on 7/28/2014The table was ready when we arrived and gave us a beautiful view of the river. Josh, our server, was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. I definitely recommend Rock Bass Grill.Special Features:
- What a find!bowtieollieVIPDined on 7/25/2014I found this place on Open Table as I was visiting Harrisburg. I am so glad that I did. The food was perfect, the choices rather remarkable and Amy was the best waitress I have run into in many moons. I cannot wait to get back there... and I am going to find an excuse to do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnereyelikebeefDined on 7/19/2014Very nice place to eat, well set up... open, so you didn't feel crowded. Had their new Chicken (glazed?) Balsamic, 2 very thin (and small) breasts that lacked any determinable seasoning... placed on a huge helping of mashed red potato's (which were excellent). Would definitely go back, but would try the Haddock the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Bass Grilljnsluv2dineDined on 7/19/2014Had dinner at Rock Bass Grill......AWESOME seafood, great view of the river, Wonderful service by Aaron. Great place to eat we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice portions for the priceBobFromBucktownDined on 7/18/2014Tasted great and the wife and I both couldn't quite finish our fish steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience is always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Always a great meal and service. Parking is a problem on a busy night.Special Features:
- We had a great luncheon!rotarychuckDined on 7/18/2014The order of fish & chips was extrordinarily large! There was enough to feed four people. The soups were excellent. Salads were excellent. Our party of four people all had excellent meals. Beverage selection was excellent. Would highly recommend the restaurant to others. Service was a bit slow because our waiter had too many tables to handle.Special Features:
- ChiefDined on 7/16/2014Our waitress on Wed. evening was excellent, food was well prepared and delicious. We will be back. Great atmosphere and view of river.Special Features:
- roseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014i love coming to rock bass on sunday for late lunch or brunh. It's the best place in town, whether you sit outside, in the dining room or at the bar. The servers are all great, but my very favorite is Alexis, she is without a doubt my favorite server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindexcellentVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a great restaurant on the water. Very casual and the food was great. All of the fish was delicious. Sangria was also great. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Why no dining points for dining at this restaurant ???????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view, Amazing OystersMaddieroseDined on 7/5/2014The service was spot-on, just the right amount of attention to our needs without becoming overbearing. Large variety of oysters which are delicious. The server, Laura was able to offer some great wine and oyster reccomendations. Our window view of the fireworks was perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLuvSeaFd8Dined on 7/5/2014Took our son here for his birthday. Food and service were both top notch. We had a table by the bar where we had a great view of the river and a TV showing a World Cup soccer match. A plus in both respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Have Done BetterNot2PickyDined on 7/4/2014On the plus side, the portions were generous, the soup nice and thick, and the view/ambiance was great. Sadly, one of our delivered meals was not what we ordered and it took a great while to return with the correct one--come on, it doesn't take THAT long to make a Cobb Salad. And then, the shrimp on my salad was too spicy, way too much cracked pepper--if I wanted that much heat, I'd have gone to a Cajun restaurant. Our server had a great smile and kept tabs on us quite well. The host/hostesses were friendly. The seating was comfortable and, again, the view could not have been better. Just work on your kitchen staff.Special Features:
- PicturesqueMandarindouDined on 7/4/2014Love bringing guests and out of Towners to Rock Bass Grill for the view and delicious food. If you love brunch, this is the place to go. With options like the seafood omelet or crab eggs Benedict you can't go wrong. (For the less adventurous, they have a large menu and you could easily find something you'll love.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Averageterryg1113VIPDined on 7/4/2014We haven't been here for a year -- went back hoping Rock Bass had risen to the next level. Found them to be average at best. This place has such huge potential, but it is stuck in mediocrity. No thanks to a return visit -- used to be one of our favorites.
- Open table web site issues??PhillyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a problem with our open table reservation. It was correct in our email but the restaruant had it for the day before. Interesting since we made the reservation the same morning when dinner with friends was cnaceled due to illness. The restaurant, a local favorite, was great and had a table for us anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We had an enjoyable Birthday meal for my Mom. All our meals were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014As usual the OPEN TABLE reservation was honored & the table was ready even during a busy Sunday noon time. Waitress was pleasant, service fast, and food plentiful. And of course we will see you again. Two weeks ago we ate outside Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!lissalynnDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful experience! Took an out of town relative who raved about the good! Ask for Ashley as your waitress, she does an amazing job! You won't be disappointed at the Rock Bass Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night on a summer nightDash4dinnerDined on 6/27/2014Had gone here for a great Sunday brunch with friends and food was great. Wanted come back for dinner and enjoy the outdoor deck with my husband. Food was great, service was great but atmosphere was the best. Loved the like music coming from their adjacent restaurant and the river view was fantastic.Special Features:
- A Real TurnaroundLuv2EatVIPDined on 6/27/2014My only prior experience was over four years ago and was at best mediocre. A friend suggested we try it again. What a great turn around!!! I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.