461 South Front Street
Wormleysburg, PA 17043Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rockbassgrill.com/
- Phone: 7177311160
- Hours of Operation:
Serving continuously from 11:00am to 11:00pm daily
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew Denezza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning is available for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Steve T. Tomberlain 7177311160
A word from RockBass Grill
RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RockBass Grill - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
RockBass Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)special occasion (59)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (26)romantic (25)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- My BirthdayLocalfoodDined on 10/7/2014A friend recommended Rock Bass, and I thought that was a good idea. We haven't been here in a while, and seem to forget about it. I mentioned it to my wife and she thought the same, so we were on! I quickly used Open Table for reservations, and we got them! I'm guessing we were there later than the big crowd, and were seated in the bar area. There were two other small groups in there and it was a tad loud, but the food was very good! I had the Seafood Risotto, and my wife had sauteed Grouper! Both meals were excellent! We both started with soup, I had seafood bisque, and my wife had French Onion, also very good! I will definitely remember this place in the future, I can't believe I forget that it's here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Anniversary Dinner Ever!RiddlebitDined on 10/4/2014A last minute decision to go to dinner to celebrate our 11th anniversary and RockBass Grill did not disappoint! We rolled in around 830PM on a Saturday night - no wait at all, server was totally attentive, food was so fresh and filling. Seafood chowder was full of seafood; crabcake and hand breaded shrimp entree was ample, and very well prepared. Had I of known hush puppies would be in the breadbasket, I would have just ordered an entire basket! For a Saturday night, the restaurant was quiet, and it provided an extremely romantic atmosphere for an old married couple. We would go back again in a heart beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal - very relaxedTheColonelDined on 10/4/2014We arrived 30 min before our reservation and were still seated immediately. Food was very good, as was the service. We were planning on going someplace afterwards to talk and have a drink, but the atmosphere was right to just stay at our table and enjoy the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JbangerDined on 10/3/2014I went here for the first time,for a quick dinner date later on in the evening. On a Friday it was dead in there. Usually not a good sign, but I was impressed with this place. Their seafood menu was extensive. Their wine selection was good. The decor is dull and drab, but the service and good make up for that. The waitress was very nice. Our food came out very quickly. The food was huge portion sizes. You definitely get your money's worth. It was delicious as well. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rockbass reviewsuperDined on 9/30/2014all I all an enjoyable experience. food good,service good. had a drink and pour was terribleSpecial Features:
- Another Excellent MealChestnutHillgradDined on 9/29/2014I have eaten at RockBass Grill several times. I have a family member from Philadelphia who always requests to dine there when she visits. As always, the service and the food were both excellent.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 9/28/2014Magnificent! Service was outstanding and the food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We ordered cocktail shrimp and they smelled bad and looked terrible. Did not eat it. Then for our entrees my husband ordered a crab cake sandwich which also smelled bad and tasted bad. Like it was old spoiled crab meat. Then my ribeye was not cooked correctly returned it but it came back worse. Seemed like they microwaved it to cook it more. Didn't even eat it...it was gross and rubbery.Special Features:
- Thank You for a wonderful evening!garbucoDined on 9/20/2014Thank You for a wonderful evening! Your service made the evening easy! Will use your service again! :o)Special Features:
- Food quality poorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had the fish (their signature dish) for which there was a choice of three sauces. Mango salsa was overpowered by onion, lemon chive butter was just butter. Veggie of the day was cold and tasteless. The waitress was nice but she didn't know the menu or the specifics about the dishes. I asked if they could do hold the sugar and marshmallows in their sweet potato casserole. It looked like just mashed sweet potato but tasted like sugary mini marshmallows. The only descent thing we ordered was the peanut butter pie which waitress offered complimentary since the veggies and sweet potatoes were not edible. The view is great and the restaurant could be exceptional but they need someone who knows food developing the menu.Special Features:
- Always great!JerzyDined on 9/18/2014Love this place, always great food and service. I can't wait to come back next time in Harrisburg.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014My wife and I had the sea food platter which was excellent, especially the crab cake which was all crab; we could not finish all of it and was able to take home to enjoy another meal. This was our anniversary and it is a good place to go for a special celebration.Special Features:
- Wonderful !rockbassbabeDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed our dining experience at RockBass , great service by Collin, food was delicious, atmosphere calm and quiet like I prefer. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- A place with Classgoodeats4meDined on 9/17/2014I have always found this to be a classy place to dine. Good food, good selections, friendly, efficient and informated staff. I never feel rushed and leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLoverockbassVIPDined on 9/16/2014Rock Bass is Consistently a great place to go for a delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feefs73Dined on 9/12/2014Lots of potential --- very pricey and the food was not that good, very plain and no good flavors to it. Mac and cheese seemed to be from a box. Not worth the money but a good view of the river.Special Features:
- Usually great, but....CocoDined on 9/11/2014In general my visits to Rockbass Grill, usually business dinners, have been great. This past one, however, wasn't up to par. Our waiter seemed a little sullen (maybe he was having a bad day?), but more importantly, the side dishes were not that great. Our entrees were delicious, but the sides were cold and unappetizing and in some cases completely the wrong one. Specifically, these were the risotto, mac and cheese, and sweet potato fries. It seemed like they were made in advance and got cold waiting for the entrees to be finished. Hopefully this was just a one time thing and my next visit will be better.Special Features:
- Not good but not badleo0013Dined on 9/8/2014I took my husband to RockBass Grill for his birthday because their seafood menu is extensive and they offer a nice variety. I conveniently made reservations online which was great! In the "special requests" box I typed that it was my husband's birthday, hoping they would do something special. There was no acknowledgement of his birthday. We both ordered fresh catches (sea bass and salmon) but the quality did not represent the price. The salmon seemed as if it had been frozen. The food was hot but we've had and made better seafood elsewhere. Our waitress was odd and seemed to have left her manners at home. I would rate RockBass Grill as a 5 out of 10. If you're looking for good, quality seafood, I wouldn't recommend RockBass Grill.Special Features:
- Would definitely go back!BrenDined on 9/1/2014Dined here while visiting Harrisburg upon the recommendation of some local people that we talked to when we told them that we were looking for a good seafood restaurant. We were celebrating a family birthday as well. Our server was wonderful. The scallops, crab cakes and coconut shrimp were all quite delicious. We arrived in time for 1/2 price drinks and oysters on the half shell so that was an added bonus. Everything was fresh and tasted great. We received a delicious complimentary birthday dessert as well for our birthday boy!Special Features:
- We had a really nice dinner.BartDined on 8/31/2014Our entire party had a very good meal. We loved the crab pretzel appetizer and the hush puppies were great. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bumbballDined on 8/29/2014Upon making reservation I asked to notified IF outside seating was NOT available for this reservation. During day was informed that outside seating was on a first come first serve basis- much appreciated call. Upon arrival we were able to be seated on side outside deck. Our thought was to wait at bar until outside seating was available. When ordering our meal we also ordered an appetizer. Unfortunately WE NEVER RECEIVED our app- when final bill arrived, the app was NOT included so really no big deal. One thing beyond restaurant's control was that we were seated on side deck & there is another eating rest. immediately beside. The table immediately below us had 4 smokers and needless to say the smoke blew right up to our table - UGH !!Special Features:
- looking4forseafoodDined on 8/29/2014it was a gray surprise on the quality of everything with the experience and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodDragonfly60VIPDined on 8/25/2014This is a good place to go if you are in Harrisburg and want seafood. Overall, it was good but the cost versus the quality was a bit over the top. We thought that it was definitely overpriced. Sitting outside is really nice if the weather cooperates. RE: FOOD The shrimp was overcooked (there were five) and the salad (Caesar) was overdressed. Ask for dressing on the side if you don't like salads overdressed. The fresh selections are probably the best option.Special Features:
- Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I won't be going back. The food is OK but not good enough for me to make a special trip for. The service was good and the view is GREAT! It is pricey and the amount of the food is way too much and it's not my style to encourage restaurants to serve such huge portions.Special Features:
- Best Seafood Restaurant in Hbg AreajimhfosterDined on 8/23/2014Best seafood restaurant in the Harrisburg area. I especially like the catch of the day blackened. Try the mango salsa and sweet potato casserole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar areas can be loud!!Cowgirl55Dined on 8/20/2014Our server "Mitzi" was very good and provided great service. She was very busy as the bar was busy. There was a group of people at the bar who were very loud. It was a much more pleasant experience once they left. Other than that, we had a nice evening. Next time I will ask for reservations in the dining area and not the bar.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was good. The service could have been better, the waitress and server were not very personable.Special Features:
- Great combo good food great viewKGMomDined on 8/19/2014One of our favorite go-to spots for a special occasion or ANY occasion. We like to mmet up with friends from time to time. Also a great place for a small group . We hosted a family Sunday brunchhere. And we're very pleased.Special Features:
- Disappointing ...JMRHDined on 8/17/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and we go often; however, if this had been our first visit we probably wouldn't go back. Out of 6 diners at our table only 2 received what they expected and really enjoyed their meal. Our favorite entrees was soupy and they actually served it with a spoon, two were bland and one was missing a key ingredient. When we questioned our server (who was great) she commented that their regular chef was on vacation so the recipes were slightly different. We weren't sure how to respond to her but were thinking that perhaps they ensure that their backup chef is skilled enough to replicate standard menu items. The mgr apologized and discounted the bill but we would have preferred our usual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but dissapointingCampbellSupperDined on 8/16/2014We were hoping to recreate an outstanding Chilean Sea Bass dinner experience from a few years ago. However, our two Sea Bass entrees were not up to par of the previous bass which was a thicker center cut fillet. Whereas, these sea bass cuts were thinner one inch cuts. It was still good, but not outstanding as we hoped. Everything else food and service wise was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Birthday Dinner We WantedDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I both ordered steaks, he requested the sirloin and I asked for the prime rib special, both cooked medium. When mine arrived, it was well-done, and he was given a small fillet instead of the sirloin he had ordered. We politely sent them back and the server returned with my correctly cooked prime rib shortly after. We waited about 15 minutes after that for my husband to finally get his steak, which was charred on the outside and raw on the inside, but at that point it just didnt seem worth it to send it back again so he ate a few bites and let it go. When the check arrived, we were charged for a $28 ny strip instead of his $22 sirloin. We were so tired from the experience that we but the bullet and paid so we could leave
- Food okLiketodineDined on 8/15/2014The lobster tail was very tough and hard to eat. Should have told server but did not. The style of the plates make it difficult to lay the fork or knife on it without falling off.Special Features:
- We love Rock Bass GrillGrannyDined on 8/13/2014It has always been delicious, great fresh fish and so many good ways to have it prepared. The staff is always friendly and very efficient. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastafazoolDined on 8/12/2014The atmosphere was quiet and unobtrusive, with the night view stealing the show. The imaginative menu and delicious food would satisfy any gourmet who wasn't an absolute snob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River viewluv2CfoodVIPDined on 8/10/2014Good restaurant to enjoy good seafood and very nice river view, indoors or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch for 95th. birthdayliketooeatDined on 8/10/2014had a lunch reservation for 11:30 a.m. we were seated right away, the waitress was very nice and helpful with the menu. the food came out in a very timely manner and was very good. would suggest to friends and we will be back. Thank You for the nice friendly visit. the waitress was cathy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProblemsRobertDined on 8/8/2014Had to send fish back....cold. Forgot about us when we arrived at the table
- Dining 8/7/14cruiseforvacDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed a excellent meal in table next to the window overlooking the river. Very nice ambiance. Server Melinda was wonderful and attentive.Special Features:
- Great PlaceFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I went to this place based on the reviews it got and I was very impressed. The food was awesome and my girl's liked it to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedCindyDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent. The fish was fresh, the sides were very good and the sweet potato casserole got rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.