461 South Front Street
Wormleysburg, PA 17043Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rockbassgrill.com/
- Phone: 7177311160
- Hours of Operation:
Serving continuously from 11:00am to 11:00pm daily
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew Denezza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning is available for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Steve T. Tomberlain 7177311160
A word from RockBass Grill
RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RockBass Grill - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
RockBass Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (116)special occasion (66)great for outdoor dining (59)good for groups (46)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (26)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (14)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We ordered cocktail shrimp and they smelled bad and looked terrible. Did not eat it. Then for our entrees my husband ordered a crab cake sandwich which also smelled bad and tasted bad. Like it was old spoiled crab meat. Then my ribeye was not cooked correctly returned it but it came back worse. Seemed like they microwaved it to cook it more. Didn't even eat it...it was gross and rubbery.Special Features:
- Thank You for a wonderful evening!garbucoDined on 9/20/2014Thank You for a wonderful evening! Your service made the evening easy! Will use your service again! :o)Special Features:
- Food quality poorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had the fish (their signature dish) for which there was a choice of three sauces. Mango salsa was overpowered by onion, lemon chive butter was just butter. Veggie of the day was cold and tasteless. The waitress was nice but she didn't know the menu or the specifics about the dishes. I asked if they could do hold the sugar and marshmallows in their sweet potato casserole. It looked like just mashed sweet potato but tasted like sugary mini marshmallows. The only descent thing we ordered was the peanut butter pie which waitress offered complimentary since the veggies and sweet potatoes were not edible. The view is great and the restaurant could be exceptional but they need someone who knows food developing the menu.Special Features:
- Always great!JerzyDined on 9/18/2014Love this place, always great food and service. I can't wait to come back next time in Harrisburg.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014My wife and I had the sea food platter which was excellent, especially the crab cake which was all crab; we could not finish all of it and was able to take home to enjoy another meal. This was our anniversary and it is a good place to go for a special celebration.Special Features:
- Wonderful !rockbassbabeDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed our dining experience at RockBass , great service by Collin, food was delicious, atmosphere calm and quiet like I prefer. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- A place with Classgoodeats4meDined on 9/17/2014I have always found this to be a classy place to dine. Good food, good selections, friendly, efficient and informated staff. I never feel rushed and leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feefs73Dined on 9/12/2014Lots of potential --- very pricey and the food was not that good, very plain and no good flavors to it. Mac and cheese seemed to be from a box. Not worth the money but a good view of the river.Special Features:
- Usually great, but....CocoDined on 9/11/2014In general my visits to Rockbass Grill, usually business dinners, have been great. This past one, however, wasn't up to par. Our waiter seemed a little sullen (maybe he was having a bad day?), but more importantly, the side dishes were not that great. Our entrees were delicious, but the sides were cold and unappetizing and in some cases completely the wrong one. Specifically, these were the risotto, mac and cheese, and sweet potato fries. It seemed like they were made in advance and got cold waiting for the entrees to be finished. Hopefully this was just a one time thing and my next visit will be better.Special Features:
- Not good but not badleo0013Dined on 9/8/2014I took my husband to RockBass Grill for his birthday because their seafood menu is extensive and they offer a nice variety. I conveniently made reservations online which was great! In the "special requests" box I typed that it was my husband's birthday, hoping they would do something special. There was no acknowledgement of his birthday. We both ordered fresh catches (sea bass and salmon) but the quality did not represent the price. The salmon seemed as if it had been frozen. The food was hot but we've had and made better seafood elsewhere. Our waitress was odd and seemed to have left her manners at home. I would rate RockBass Grill as a 5 out of 10. If you're looking for good, quality seafood, I wouldn't recommend RockBass Grill.Special Features:
- Would definitely go back!BrenDined on 9/1/2014Dined here while visiting Harrisburg upon the recommendation of some local people that we talked to when we told them that we were looking for a good seafood restaurant. We were celebrating a family birthday as well. Our server was wonderful. The scallops, crab cakes and coconut shrimp were all quite delicious. We arrived in time for 1/2 price drinks and oysters on the half shell so that was an added bonus. Everything was fresh and tasted great. We received a delicious complimentary birthday dessert as well for our birthday boy!Special Features:
- We had a really nice dinner.BartDined on 8/31/2014Our entire party had a very good meal. We loved the crab pretzel appetizer and the hush puppies were great. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bumbballDined on 8/29/2014Upon making reservation I asked to notified IF outside seating was NOT available for this reservation. During day was informed that outside seating was on a first come first serve basis- much appreciated call. Upon arrival we were able to be seated on side outside deck. Our thought was to wait at bar until outside seating was available. When ordering our meal we also ordered an appetizer. Unfortunately WE NEVER RECEIVED our app- when final bill arrived, the app was NOT included so really no big deal. One thing beyond restaurant's control was that we were seated on side deck & there is another eating rest. immediately beside. The table immediately below us had 4 smokers and needless to say the smoke blew right up to our table - UGH !!Special Features:
- looking4forseafoodDined on 8/29/2014it was a gray surprise on the quality of everything with the experience and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodDragonfly60VIPDined on 8/25/2014This is a good place to go if you are in Harrisburg and want seafood. Overall, it was good but the cost versus the quality was a bit over the top. We thought that it was definitely overpriced. Sitting outside is really nice if the weather cooperates. RE: FOOD The shrimp was overcooked (there were five) and the salad (Caesar) was overdressed. Ask for dressing on the side if you don't like salads overdressed. The fresh selections are probably the best option.Special Features:
- Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I won't be going back. The food is OK but not good enough for me to make a special trip for. The service was good and the view is GREAT! It is pricey and the amount of the food is way too much and it's not my style to encourage restaurants to serve such huge portions.Special Features:
- Best Seafood Restaurant in Hbg AreajimhfosterDined on 8/23/2014Best seafood restaurant in the Harrisburg area. I especially like the catch of the day blackened. Try the mango salsa and sweet potato casserole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar areas can be loud!!Cowgirl55Dined on 8/20/2014Our server "Mitzi" was very good and provided great service. She was very busy as the bar was busy. There was a group of people at the bar who were very loud. It was a much more pleasant experience once they left. Other than that, we had a nice evening. Next time I will ask for reservations in the dining area and not the bar.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was good. The service could have been better, the waitress and server were not very personable.Special Features:
- Great combo good food great viewKGMomDined on 8/19/2014One of our favorite go-to spots for a special occasion or ANY occasion. We like to mmet up with friends from time to time. Also a great place for a small group . We hosted a family Sunday brunchhere. And we're very pleased.Special Features:
- Disappointing ...JMRHDined on 8/17/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and we go often; however, if this had been our first visit we probably wouldn't go back. Out of 6 diners at our table only 2 received what they expected and really enjoyed their meal. Our favorite entrees was soupy and they actually served it with a spoon, two were bland and one was missing a key ingredient. When we questioned our server (who was great) she commented that their regular chef was on vacation so the recipes were slightly different. We weren't sure how to respond to her but were thinking that perhaps they ensure that their backup chef is skilled enough to replicate standard menu items. The mgr apologized and discounted the bill but we would have preferred our usual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but dissapointingCampbellSupperDined on 8/16/2014We were hoping to recreate an outstanding Chilean Sea Bass dinner experience from a few years ago. However, our two Sea Bass entrees were not up to par of the previous bass which was a thicker center cut fillet. Whereas, these sea bass cuts were thinner one inch cuts. It was still good, but not outstanding as we hoped. Everything else food and service wise was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Birthday Dinner We WantedDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I both ordered steaks, he requested the sirloin and I asked for the prime rib special, both cooked medium. When mine arrived, it was well-done, and he was given a small fillet instead of the sirloin he had ordered. We politely sent them back and the server returned with my correctly cooked prime rib shortly after. We waited about 15 minutes after that for my husband to finally get his steak, which was charred on the outside and raw on the inside, but at that point it just didnt seem worth it to send it back again so he ate a few bites and let it go. When the check arrived, we were charged for a $28 ny strip instead of his $22 sirloin. We were so tired from the experience that we but the bullet and paid so we could leave
- Food okLiketodineDined on 8/15/2014The lobster tail was very tough and hard to eat. Should have told server but did not. The style of the plates make it difficult to lay the fork or knife on it without falling off.Special Features:
- We love Rock Bass GrillGrannyDined on 8/13/2014It has always been delicious, great fresh fish and so many good ways to have it prepared. The staff is always friendly and very efficient. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastafazoolDined on 8/12/2014The atmosphere was quiet and unobtrusive, with the night view stealing the show. The imaginative menu and delicious food would satisfy any gourmet who wasn't an absolute snob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River viewluv2CfoodVIPDined on 8/10/2014Good restaurant to enjoy good seafood and very nice river view, indoors or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch for 95th. birthdayliketooeatDined on 8/10/2014had a lunch reservation for 11:30 a.m. we were seated right away, the waitress was very nice and helpful with the menu. the food came out in a very timely manner and was very good. would suggest to friends and we will be back. Thank You for the nice friendly visit. the waitress was cathy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProblemsRobertDined on 8/8/2014Had to send fish back....cold. Forgot about us when we arrived at the table
- Dining 8/7/14cruiseforvacDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed a excellent meal in table next to the window overlooking the river. Very nice ambiance. Server Melinda was wonderful and attentive.Special Features:
- Great PlaceFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I went to this place based on the reviews it got and I was very impressed. The food was awesome and my girl's liked it to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedCindyDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent. The fish was fresh, the sides were very good and the sweet potato casserole got rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine evening at the Rock BassXXXXDined on 8/2/2014The Sea rivals anything on the coast and is much better the oysters are VERY fresh and the Grouper was excellent ....Yea they have Grouper the only place I have found north of Florida Blackened was perfect and the wait staff seem very well trained as in there when you need them and not when you don't .Special Features:
- Very good experienceskydivegirlDined on 7/28/2014The table was ready when we arrived and gave us a beautiful view of the river. Josh, our server, was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. I definitely recommend Rock Bass Grill.Special Features:
- What a find!bowtieollieVIPDined on 7/25/2014I found this place on Open Table as I was visiting Harrisburg. I am so glad that I did. The food was perfect, the choices rather remarkable and Amy was the best waitress I have run into in many moons. I cannot wait to get back there... and I am going to find an excuse to do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnereyelikebeefDined on 7/19/2014Very nice place to eat, well set up... open, so you didn't feel crowded. Had their new Chicken (glazed?) Balsamic, 2 very thin (and small) breasts that lacked any determinable seasoning... placed on a huge helping of mashed red potato's (which were excellent). Would definitely go back, but would try the Haddock the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Bass Grilljnsluv2dineDined on 7/19/2014Had dinner at Rock Bass Grill......AWESOME seafood, great view of the river, Wonderful service by Aaron. Great place to eat we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice portions for the priceBobFromBucktownDined on 7/18/2014Tasted great and the wife and I both couldn't quite finish our fish steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience is always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Always a great meal and service. Parking is a problem on a busy night.Special Features:
- We had a great luncheon!rotarychuckDined on 7/18/2014The order of fish & chips was extrordinarily large! There was enough to feed four people. The soups were excellent. Salads were excellent. Our party of four people all had excellent meals. Beverage selection was excellent. Would highly recommend the restaurant to others. Service was a bit slow because our waiter had too many tables to handle.Special Features: