308 Mediterranean Ave
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockafellers.com/
- Phone: 757-422-5654x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mel Claiborne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Rockafeller's, we're all about serving up the local flavor. Bring your appetite and the whole gang to our little slice of heaven at the end of Mediterranean Ave and Winston-Salem Avenue (5th Street), just minutes from the oceanfront. Corporate and office parties, family get togethers, and customer appreciation..no matter what the occasion, Rockafeller's banquet services let you shine while your guests dine! We can accommodate groups from 9-90 with private banquet facilities available upstairs!
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sutton 757-422-5654x
- Cross Street: Winston Salem Ave
- Public Transit: Catch the Wave to Rockafeller's on Virginia Beach's hybrid electric trolleys! Trolley stops are available up and down the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Simply take the trolley to the 5th Street stop, then you will have a short and pleasant walk down Winston Salem Avenue (note it is the same as 5th St.). This deadends into Rockafeller's parking lot.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Rockafeller's offers ease of parking via full time complimentary valets in season (May-September) as well as peak days off season. Free self parking is available all other days. Rockafeller's is easily accessible from the oceanfront and pedestrian/bike traffic is always welcome and just a short walk/ride from the Virginia Beach oceanfront.
A word from Rockafeller's Restaurant
When visiting Rockafeller's, one of Virginia Beach's landmark seafood restaurants located on Rudee Inlet, customers can expect a casual atmosphere and a menu with endless options, featuring fresh local seafood, steaks, pasta, sandwiches, Sunday Brunch, three course early bird specials and more! Our chalkboard specials will provide you with the freshest fish and seafood offerings available in Virginia Beach. Don't forget that Rockafeller's award winning homemade desserts offer the perfect way to finish off your dining experience . While there they can also feel good knowing that by supporting Rockafeller's they are also supporting one of the first Virginia Green restaurants. Large parties are always welcome with private banquet facilities which can accommodate groups from 9 to 90. Please visit our website, www.rockafellers.com to see a complete edition of what we have. Rockafeller's is committed to great service, freshly prepared food and environmental excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rockafeller's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Rockafeller's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (34)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (16)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (7)romantic (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We always think of rockefellers when we have company visiting from out of town. We are always happy with their super fresh selection of seafood, great service, and a great view of the water. We had my son's and daughter in law's rehearsal dinner at Rockefeller's and everyone from out of town have mace it their favorite place to go when here. Wish they would open one on the bay!Special Features:
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014excellent service, good food, my teenage granddaughters loved it.Special Features:
- FriendlyBeachcomberDined on 8/26/2014Great with the kids. Friendly with smiles. Food good prompt serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner in VA BeachBearDined on 8/22/2014We showed up on a busy Friday night in August but had a short wait, great table, excellent steamed shrinp as an app, and a splendid dinner. My blackened tuna steak was among the best I have ever taste. One in our party has celiac and the staff went out of their way to ensure a gluten free meal was served. They also provide killer cornbread before dinner, which was great except for the guy with celiac. Bigf thumbs up to Rockefellers. We will return next yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We are from richmond. Even my husband, who does process improvement And really struggles with the restaurant industry was impressed! Food was excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!Van24Dined on 8/9/2014Arranged a dinner for 9, including 3 children under 3, at the last minute. They were able to accommodate us without an issue. The food was outstanding! Even our 3 little ones enjoyed their meals. The waitress was fantastic! We couldn't have been happier.Special Features:
- Fun place to have dinnerJackieDined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed our visit very much. The place was hopping -- didn't seem to have quite enough servers, so we had a long wait for our food. The presentation of the shrimp/bacon barbecue appetizer was really unappealing; grilled shrimp shouldn't be totally black even with the sauce. Delicious corn bread; everyone enjoyed their entrees. The waitress was very, very nice, just a bit overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Great hush puppiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2014There were 15 of us for the scattering at sea of my mother-in-law's ashes and Rockafeller's was the perfect place to wind down afterwards. The bloody Mary's were excellent, as were the shrimp and crab hush puppies. We all had them and loved them. Equally good were the crab cakes, and there were compliments all around about the other food. But the most worthy of compliments was the waiter who took such good care of us. It's hard waiting on a table of 15, but he handled everything with efficiency, good humor and everyone got what they ordered exactly as it was ordered, including all the "special" requests. We would certainly recommend Rockefeller's to anyone visiting Virginia Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was good not great to me. Based on other reviews I was expecting my socks knocked off but was not the case. Even with the dry aged tomahawk. I'm not saying it was bad but as cost for performance I'd try another steak house. Service was slow but very good. Just my two centsSpecial Features:
- EatwithZIGGYDined on 7/27/2014My friend bit on a bone that was in his Salmon...I found a long hair hanging from my fork and another one in the same piece of Key lime pie that I was eating "UGH"!!!.... Called for the Manager...he came over with a defensive in your face attitude......"So what do you want me to do???...."This happens everywhere". No apology nor any show of actually caring. He wouldn't last an hour in a New York Restaurant. This took place Sunday July 27th 2014 at approx. 5 P.M.Special Features:
- waiter had wrong orderSeafoodLoverDined on 7/25/2014we had a table of 8 and the waiter got all the orders right except one. He did confess he couldn't read his writing when it put it in? (could have come back and asked?). Unfortunately, it took a very long time to get a new entree. Most of us were finished eating by the time the correct order appeared. I really couldn't understand why it could not have been rushed. All he wanted to comp was a free dessert. No one was having dessert. The entrees were good, not great.Special Features:
- going downhill a littleuvachiefVIPDined on 7/20/2014We eat here every year for week 29 (timeshare). We've always enjoyed it. Little pricey but food was top notch and service was good. Past 2 years service has dropped considerably. Waitress disappear at times probably hung up in the kitchen. When you have small children, their patience is thin which makes mine thin as well. We enjoy it but for the price there are better options I'm Rudee's Inlet. We hope they can improve the service and we will return.Special Features:
- "Wonderful!"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014You can't beat the veiw. The food was fresh and hot and service is spot on. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rudee's gemsee7Dined on 7/13/2014Great food and setting. Would definitely recommend. My only complaint is that they brought our salads at the same time as our meals and forgot our soups and hush puppies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwAys greatLuv2dineDined on 7/13/2014Great food. Good service. Nice atmosphere. Oysters rockafellars were perfect. Crab lumps Norfolk is amazing large lumps of crabmeat in butter topped with a great seasoning. Their she crab soup is the best in the area. We come here every year when vacationing in Sandbridge. Wouldn't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationTeacherDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary this past Saturday at Rockafeller's in Virginia Beach. Reservation was made for eight people via Website, flowers ordered from Website and a note that champagne would be ordered. Checked confirmation by phone day before. When we arrived, the table was set and the flowers were placed on the table by maitre d. Waitress checked on us early and brought the champagne promptly at 6:00 PM as requested. Everyone in group complimented the food and service. Waitress did an excellent job especially since she had responsibility for two groups. Left full tip and will return whenever the occasion fits this restaurant. Outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Food not rightJmac2505Dined on 6/16/2014Calamari as appetizer, very chewy. All other food pretty good except my Cajun tuna. It was served well done. I asked if that was normal they said no it suppose to be medium. They gave me some sauce to moisten it up. Not pleased at all.Special Features:
- meet the parentsmeettheparents1Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and my parents were having dinner with my daughter and her fiancé and his family. Didn't know that it was graduation night for Virginia Beach schools. It was extremely loud and had to raise our voices to hear one another. We also were stuck at the table at the door. Had we known that it was graduation night we would have gone somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Evening for FamilycmctdcDined on 6/13/2014Had my children and grandchildren together for the weekend - 9 of us for dinner at Rockafellers. LOVED that they took reservations and we walked right in and was seated. Should mention that grandchildren are 2, 3 and 4 years old. Great server who helped them on their drink order and got adults their cocktails lickity split! Food was hot coming out; everything was delicious (mac and cheese was creamy and kids loved it!)oysters rockafeller were awesome! Had a great dinner!Special Features:
- Mother's DayBMW1Dined on 5/11/2014This was a wonderful place for Mothers Day. Made a reservation and did not had to wait. Will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time!!DineAHolicDined on 5/11/2014The food was the great. Our server, Brandon, was great. The atmosphere was great. We loved everything about our experience and will go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceTarkDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day at Rockafellers was terrific and very organized. Knowledgable server that was always available for the party of 8. Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Will not go again on a major holiday. Too busy and the food was not up to par, as I have been to restaurant before.Special Features:
- Nice, beachy location w/great foodHappyDinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Been here many times. Food is always great & did not disappoint our out-of-town guests who wanted good seafood & good view. However, our waitress was bad ... Laughably bad. After checking to be sure salad would not contain cheese due to food allergy, she plopped a salad full of cheese in front of me & then complained that kitchen could not read (although she clearly never bothered to look at the salad before delivering). As noted, brought totally wrong food to several others (things nobody ordered). Also, she displayed no remorse & instead acted irritated we did not want the incorrect food she brought. Like a "mystery meal" every time she arrived! Are dinner this night, but don't miss the the Rockefellers Sunday brunch--best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 381 reviews are from the Rockafeller's Restaurant reviews archive.
- 11 Fat and HappyHungryDieterVIPDined on 4/26/2014A group of 11 business partners enjoyed a delicious meal at Rockafellers. Also, celebrated a 60th birthday too for one of the attendees. The Food and Services was very good. The crab Norfolk was outstanding.Special Features:
- Be sure to get a good tableWaterviewDined on 4/20/2014We were seated in the kids area, way back in the corner of the restaurant, despite the fact that we did not have children with us and I'd requested a table with a water view when I made the reservation. The server was among the worst I've ever had. She got our drink orders wrong multiple times (bringing Pinot Noir instead of Pinot Grigiot, etc.), and was extremely slow with everything but getting us the check, which sat on our table throughout half of out mescal. However, the food was delicious, and from what little I could see from our little alcove, the restaurant looked quite nice. If I were to go back, I would be sure to get a better table, where I have to believe the better servers are working!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my youngest daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014Took my youngest daughter out for a birthday dinner with family. The 7 of us had a great time! Our server, Vanessa (first week there) was exceptional...very good hire. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An average restaurantHistoryLoverVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is an average tourist restaurant. It has an extensive menu, but relies heavily on fried & pre-prepared dishes. The waiter forgot one of the entrees for our table of 5. Salads were soggy as if prepared early in the day. Oysters on the half shell were good & fresh. Flounder stuffed w/ crab was pedestrian. The restaurant was noisy & not at all relaxing. It was nearly impossible to have a conversation at our table. A family w/ children would likely find this restaurant satisfactory.Special Features:
- Sunset Dinner at Rockafeller's!FitnessbabeVIPDined on 3/14/2014We dined at Rockafeller's on 14 March 2014. Pretty sunset during our din din! It was incredibly busy already for our 6:30 PM reservation. I recommend you get there early for dinner if on a Friday and I recommend the sunset timeframe, because the view is scenic. Most impressed with the oysters. The she-crab soup had too much shell in it. They serve tasty cornbread for table bread. Thank you Rockafeller's for the friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful annual stopBuzzDined on 2/27/2014we come down every year for a week or two and save Thursday Night for your lobster specialI would recommend this to a friend.
- I was visiting friends andFoodlover55Dined on 2/16/2014I was visiting friends and family and found this to be a great place for a get together. I have gone here on all my visits to the area and will surely go again on my next vacation. The food was tasty and oh so fresh. The service was fast and friendly. There were four people in my group and everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed very much having dinnerluv2eatoutDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed very much having dinner at this Va. Beach Restaurant….the staff was extremely friendly and they had a lot of great food choices…..We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceRustyDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had a Valentine's dinner a day late at Rockafellers. We had the Valentine Special with steak and stuffed shrimp. Everything was cooked well and the vegetables were fresh. Dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockefeller RocksRichieDined on 2/14/2014It took a bit evwm with a reservation to be seated but the bar was nice for waiting. Once seated it was a wrap from there. Great food decent service for the time and day. Id recommend taking a loved one to experience the neighborhood feel of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best choiceJimmDined on 2/14/2014Food was hit and miss. My wife's stuffed flounder was amazing, my filet may have been the worst I ever had. Service was bad. Dining room is crowded and noisy. With so many great restaurants in Virginia beach, I would recommend you pick a different one.Special Features:
- Excellent find at the last minuteFoodLoverDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I traveled to Virginia Beach for a little getaway from Northern Virginia. It completely slipped our minds that it was Valentine's Day and we need to find a restaurant on short notice. After calling so many restaurants and not having any availability, we were able to find Rockefeller's through OpenTable. They had availability and we were thankful for that. We always travel to Virginia Beach and this was our first time at this restaurant. Although they were busy, we were seated in 15 minutes. They had a lovely Valentine's Day menu which we took advantage of. The meat was cooked perfectly, the service was great, and valet was very prompt. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cream of the crop!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentines Day for the first time and it was AMAZING!!!!! If you ever go, ask for Catoline she is by far one of the greatest servers ever! The food was outstanding and the place was beautiful! Definitely a must go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayRebeccaDined on 2/14/2014Rockafeller's is the place to go for a great Valentine's Day dinner! Amazing Oyster's Rockafeller! Excellent filet with jumbo lump crab meat!!! Perfect meal!!Special Features:
- The food is amazing. It isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The food is amazing. It is the only place I eat sea food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VA Beach SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2013This is a must stop for us every time in Virginia Beach. Good food (highly recommend the stuffed flounder), attentive and friendly staff, and always accommodates my three kids ranging from 3 months to 5 years. Great local beer selection....and my glass never gets too empty before they offer a refill. I enjoy this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.