Rock Wrap & Roll
2187 North Clybourn Ave
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Rock Wrap & Roll
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rockwrapandroll.com/
- Phone: 7734722800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 3:00PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Kit and Itti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Please inform restaurant two weeks in advanced. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Rock Wrap & Roll
With two great executive chefs Itti and Kit, this restaurant always has beautiful and delicious food to satisfy your taste buds. Itti loves to bring his impression of home-style Thai food and combines with his personal search of ingredients, As a result, his creation is differed in presentation but yet remains the root of Thai cuisine. Meanwhile, Kit retains Japanese simplicity with fresh and natural taste toward every sushi piece, every sashimi slice, and every maki roll.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Wrap & Roll reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (4)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great staff, awesome food and all around good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatnomcityDined on 8/2/2014Very confused as to why this place wasn't crowded on a Saturday night! Absolutely amazing food that was plated beautifully. The waitress couldn't have been nicer and she was very knowledgeable on the menu. Sushi was fresh, interesting, and fairly priced. BYOB was a definite plus. Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The sushi was great... love this place I'm sure i will go back their more often. ..!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedMelsTwoCentsDined on 5/24/2014Definitely enjoyed trying this place for the first time. They provided good service. Each sushi roll that I tried was great. Probably one of my favorites so far, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!ChiCityGirl3Dined on 3/15/2014Very nice dining experience! Great quality sushi, excellent service, very nice atmosphere as well. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Asian ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014This place is fast becoming one of my favorites. The staff are always very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. My girlfriend and I have now had six different dishes (apps and entrees) and have enjoyed all of them immensely. On our most recent visit they had a list of specials for sushi rolls and the prices were more reasonable than their regular menu and the rolls were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND!CrisDined on 12/13/2013I have tried a lot of Sushi in the area and this was one of the BEST by far that I have seen. I went with a group of 5 girls and it was very easy to make a reservation online as well. The appetizers are all delicious and the Sushi is great! Definitely the first time I have ever felt full from Sushi before! Love it!Special Features:
- BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2013BYOB is the best feature of this place...and the friendly staff... the food was not very good. We ordered three rolls, the spider roll, spicy tuna and samurai. The samurai was the better of the three, but none were that great. Sad to say I will not be returning...Special Features:
- Dualing MenusSarahDined on 6/29/2013Visited here for my birthday, the menu(s) are EXTENSIVE! One for Thai and one for the Japanese dishes I had to just pick one and go from there could have spent hours reading about all the courses. Not a fan of the chive dumplings though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic varietyFoodiewithfamilyVIPDined on 6/22/2013Fantastic variety of traditional and contemporary sushi and Thai. Every choice was outstanding and very high quality. Friendly and unassuming service. No intimidation despite the many offeringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Really good food and excellent service. Very reasonable prices. They gave us free Miso soup too. The only strange thing was that it was so dead on a Saturday night. Not sure why. But we'll go back next time we're in town!Special Features:
- The food was great but weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013The food was great but we were the only customers at 7:30 on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- The selection of food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012The selection of food was great, and the food was phenomenal. The service was truly outstanding.Special Features:
- We will definitely be goingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2012We will definitely be going back. The food was creative, delicious, and was served quickly with a smile. Add in the fact that it's BYOB and it wasn't even expensive!Special Features:
- Not a lot of food for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2012Not a lot of food for the cost, but good for a girls' dinner before a movie.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Loved this restaurant and can't wait to go back for more. We wanted a light meal so we just had appetizers (tempura and soup) and then had the green tea ice cream for dessert. All of it was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OK Spot for Good Sushi/ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2011I took my GF here for her b-day last Thursday because she decided last-minute that she was in the mood for sushi. We were the only couple in the place for a while after 8pm. It has a nice feel and good ambiance. The only drawback was that they had the radio on for music and we had to sit through what seemed like an interminable and very loud commercial break before I politely requested that they put a CD on. The waitress shyly said that the radio was on and that it was just commercials (no, really?) but a little while after she talked to the hostess they put on a techno/trance CD which, although cheesy, was much better to listen to than ads for mattresses. The food was good though. No hassle BYOB was nice too. Not sure I'd try again.Special Features:
- Art never tasted so good !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011When we recieved our food it was like art. However art never tasted so good ....I will be coming back to this place again for sure!!!Special Features:
- We loved this place. DecidedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2011We loved this place. Decided to try it out for a new BYOB sushi. The rolls were great and reasonably priced. The service was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- I have gone a couple timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/25/2011I have gone a couple times before a movie at Webster place. It's good and worth checking out.