Rock Salt Steak & Seafood
1232 Westlake Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rock Salt Steak & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rocksaltlakeunion.com/
- Phone: 2062841047
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have all the resources you might need to plan the event you envision, and look forward to making all the little details come together to create memories that last a lifetime.
- Private Party Facilities: Rock Salt is your destination for superb, memorable & delicious events with a view! Our water-level banquet facilities feature a panoramic view out to Lake Union, past a luxury yacht dock. Our beautiful space is able to accommodate 300 seated, and 400 for a cocktail-reception style event. Your guests will enjoy the windows on three sides, sliding doors to the adjacent deck bringing in the breeze, & the built in dance floor at your event.
Whether Wedding Celebration, Class Reunion, Golden Anniversary or Rehearsal Dinner, your guests are sure to enjoy the fabulous food & gracious service provided by our experienced catering staff. For smaller gatherings, please see a room by room description of our website: http://www.rocksaltlakeunion.com/pdfs/BanquetMenu.pdf
HAPPY HOUR: Mon 4-9 pm / Tue-Thu 3-9 pm / Fri 3-8pm / Sat 4-8 pm
Salsa & Latin Music after 10:00pm Dine Dance and Celebrate...Lakeside
A word from Rock Salt Steak & Seafood
As our executive chef proudly displays his passion for the culinary arts, introducing only the freshest Northwest seafood. This is where every plate is a work of art. Fresh Northwest and Alaskan Seafood and 21 Day Aged Center Cut Steaks. Rock Salt offers you many solutions to your private dining occasions. Our rooms are perfect for small groups or groups up to 300 guests. We host many birthdays, anniversaries, corporate planning and weddings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Salt Steak & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
- Didn't even go inAnniversaryDinnerDined on 7/18/2013To be honest, we pulled into the parking lot and went elsewhere. The building is not well maintained and we didn't feel like going inside.
- No, Wait there's more...No againPNachborDined on 7/18/20131 waitress, a bus'boy' made into a bartender, 1 stand around do nothing but ask stupid questions, and 1 other (I think cook - not chef) AKA "the Staff". 7 tables outside, 6 occupied, with 3 to 4 people. 3 table of 4 inside, plus any in the bar - if any. So 40 minutes for drinks, then another 20 minutes before we're able to order. Rolls were brought about the time dinner was over. We ate because we were hungry, but the seafood fettuccini, was just fettuccini and a shrimp. That's 1. The steak was tough and grizzly. Never been there before, and will never go again.Special Features:
- This restaurant needs a faceliftsteenVIPDined on 7/4/2013The places is grungy and tired. The food is pretty good, though, but the staff is sloppily dressed and it's all in all just not a place I'd recommend. Dive bars are one thing. Diners are one thing. This is meant to be neither. It positions itself as a 'nice' restaurant with prices to match, when really it's just done, done, done.
- Enjoyable FoodFlaFoodieDined on 6/28/2013On our visit to Seattle, it was suggested we eat at this dockside location. While service was slightly slow (they had a large party in another room at the time, and the waiter kept apologizing to us for the delay), the food we received was quite good. We had the almond crusted halibut and the ribeye steak (med rare), and both were presented beautifully and cooked wonderfully. We would recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was OK/Good, and FoodBenThereDined on 6/10/2013Service was OK/Good, and Food was OK, but not for the prices charged. It was a second rate pub, with expensive steak house prices. Good location on the Lake, but my wife & I both noted that the interior was something that needed a Restaurant Impossible make over (70's decor, horrible carpet, ripped booths, windows full of condensation, very loud room noise) - surprising since there were plenty of people there, so they should have the cash flow to keep the place up better.
- Can't say i like it..........MisledDined on 5/12/2013Beautiful Restaurant by the water,but Sunday brunch wasn't to our liking.
- It was a nice dinner...theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013It was a nice dinner...the food was ok but we were very sad to see how empty it was. We went on a Saturday night, but there were not a lot of people there at all. It did allow for a nice quiet atmosphere...but it was a little sad. Thanks for having us!
- Their Easter Brunch was limited,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013Their Easter Brunch was limited, unattended, bowls were empty, and the food was either dried out or cold. Dessert consisted of cheap cookies out of a box and pop and serve rolls.Very disappointing and we will not go back.Special Features:
- Easter brunch for six wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Easter brunch for six was ok, but the price was pretty high. The place is run down, maybe it looks better at night when you can't see the interior conditions.
- Tasty food and pleasant staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Tasty food and pleasant staff. Facility/business would benefit by some upgrading/updating.
- When I entered this establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013When I entered this establishment I was awed. The view is BREATHTAKING, overlooking Lake Union, especially at night. However, I was shocked that Saturday night on Valentines weekend it was almost empty. There were two very young (teenage) couples there, as my husband and I were escorted to a lovely table. We were then given our menus, and I understood why we were the only adults in the place. The wine list was ten times as large as the menu. We were at a fine steakhouse and seafood restaurant and given three choices for starters, two choice of soup and salad, and a fair few entrees, I believe there were six total options, and only two cuts of steak to choose from, and two choices of fish. We left without even drinks, first time ever!Special Features:
- Post-Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2013We had dinner at Rock Salt the day after Valentine's Day. We were surprised that a limited "Valentine's" menu was offered; however, the waitress said that if there was anything on the regular menu that we wanted, it could be done. My Prime Rib was not great. The cut didn't seem good and it was overcooked. My wife's filet, on the other hand, was great. The restaurant was quiet; when we left at around 7:30p, there were maybe 6 other tables occupied. That being said, the service could not have been any better.Special Features:
- The restaurant was completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The restaurant was completely unprepared for the night. They had a small set menu for the holiday but ran out of several of the items on their limited menu. Service was extremely slow and we were there for two hours. Will probably never return.Special Features:
- Restaurant appears to be strugglingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Restaurant appears to be struggling. Surveys and staff are friendly but food appears processed and poor quality... Not worth the expense.Special Features:
- Overpriced & Underwhelming...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013We came here for Valentine's Day dinner and were pretty disappointed overall. They had a special/limited Valentine's Day Menu and still managed to run out of filet mignon before our 7 pm reservation, so my husband and I were offered the prime rib instead. Then our waitress showed up (after another 15min of waiting for water) and tells us that there is no more 12oz prime ribs, and only 1 8oz prime rib but is already cooked medium well (we ordered both med. rare) so we wondered why it took so long to tell us that yet again this "steakhouse" ran out of more steak. Finally, I settled on the New York strip which was dry and overcooked! Not sure how they ran out of food since the restaurant looked pretty dead just like their drab decor.Special Features:
- The valentine's day 3 courseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013The valentine's day 3 course menu was perfect and very reasonable. Salad, small fillet of beef with veggies and patatoes and a ice cream brownie for desert. Loved it. The view of Lake Union is always a plus.Special Features:
- This is one of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This is one of the best restaurants in Seattle, and we have been to many in this city.Special Features:
- Skip this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013Service was poor and slow. Food was over cooked. Nice view, but nothing else nice re ambience.Special Features:
- Not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013I made the reservation for 4 at 6PM, and they miss wrote it for 7, but gave me attitude after I showed them the confirmation from Open Table. We waited in the bar which was really run down and the atmosphere was not great. The bartender was obnoxious and kept making rude jokes to us. The drinks were awful, the food was awful. (28 dollars for filet mignon and it was Denny's quality at best) The website made it look like a mini Palisades, but it was a big disappointment.
- Was Was out of filet mignon.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Was Was out of filet mignon. Server was unattentive and when we did ask for items and drinks etc she never brought them. While waiting on a taxi, bouncer told us we could only wait inside a maximum of 20 minutes even though I spent $100 on dinner there. Hostess was nice as she called a taxi for us.out of filet mignon. Server was unattentive and when we did ask for items and drinks etc she never brought them. While waiting on a taxi, bouncer told us we could only wait inside a maximum of 20 minutes even though I spent $100 on dinner there. Hostess was nice as she called a taxi for us.Special Features:
- We had a barely acceptabaleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/24/2012We had a barely acceptabale experience. I dine out a lot - probably 200 days a year, and I'm seldom disappointed in the service. But at one point we had to call the front desk to go locate our waitress. In a word, the service was poor. The food was not the best, but certainly not awful. We'll have to think very hard about whether we'll go back again. The view is great though!