2475 West Queen Creek Road
Chandler, AZ 85248Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sushiroomaz.com/
- Phone: 4808219000x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Sada Gonzales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call with any offsite catering questions.
- Entertainment: Please join our email list to get details on any upcoming live music events at sushiroomaz.com.
A word from Rock Lobster
The Rock Lobster is Chandlers newest and most prominent sushi bar. Consisting of great food, great music and a great atmosphere. Come visit our fun, energetic staff while taking advantage of daily specials!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Lobster reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great food! Fun restaurant!Michelle2013Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent service! Great food! Everyone at our table was a lot of fun, which made the entire experience even better!Special Features:
- Rock Lobster Rocks!HoneymoonersDined on 9/21/2014While honeymooning in Arizona, my wife and I came across a trendy restaurant named Rock Lobster! The Teppan Tables were full, so we decided to try their sushi. We were glad we did! The food was great and Kelsey, our waitress, was fantastic! Must eat there if you like sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi HeavenTTsChoiceDined on 9/14/2014Great food, amazing staff, awesome time! The sushi chefs are extremely talented! Can't wait to come back & enjoy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Teppan!teppanfanDined on 9/6/2014This is the first time my family has been here for teppan cooking and it was great. Normally teppan cooking is better for the show than for the food, but the chefs made great food and put on a great show. I am very happy about the transformation of Rock Lobster. The sushi is still incredible too.Special Features:
- Tasty Sushi!hardlyanygravityDined on 8/27/2014Always enjoy coming here! Sushi is great and the happy hour specials are amazing. Would recommend to anyone if they love sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top sushi in chandlerSushiNCTownDined on 8/15/2014Love the different types of sushi. Service was quick and atmosphere was very hip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Sushi experienceevVHdinerDined on 8/15/2014Turned out to be a super good experience. We researched some of the favorites from other reviews and stuck with them. Poppin was our favorite. Would likely come again. We had a groupon but found that you can get just as good of deals if you hit Happy Hour specials (3-6:30pm)
- Best Sushi in all of Phoenix areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Amazing, beautiful food that was outstanding. Chef was dynamic and flavors were rich and vibrant. Loved the ambiance and the service was exceptional, this is our new "go to" dining establishment.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Rock Lobster reviews archive.
- First timeOutToEatDined on 6/7/2014First time going to The Sushi Room; Went with a couple of friends. It has great food and you can hear each other talk. Cozy with indoor and outdoor seating. I will be going again. The only thing was they were out of the beer I wanted, other than that it's a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014They have a nice menu that they keep adding things to and an attentive staff. Great place to bring a date.Special Features:
- Neutral first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/20141st night of Restaurant Week, first visit here. Disappointed when 1st and 2nd choice "special cocktail" unavailable - our 4-some tried four others, none were good. Well over half of my Red Dragon was left at the table, tasted like cherry nyquil straight. Despite assuring that we could order all 4 courses and they'd be brought with appropriate timing, we ended up with starter, appetizer, and main on the table at same time. Salad was ok, not great. Miso soup reported as "good". Sunshine and Tataki rolls got good reviews, Katzu Chicken entree was extremely generous. Tempura apple slices very good, Tempura ice cream ok. $40 per couple including drink isn't bad but would have spent far less at happy hour. If ever return, that's the planSpecial Features:
- Great Mothers Day dealpattydVIPDined on 5/11/2014Mothers Day here offered a free sushi roll and mimosa for moms. As a mom, I appreciated that! Sushi here is generally very good. Our only complaint was that the sangria my husband ordered was pretty bad. We have had sangria there before and this tasted like a really "off" recipe. Our server did not offer to comp or replace the drink when we commented on the poor quality. Other than that, it was good food (and also they have an all day happy hour on Sundays) and the atmosphere was quieter than usual as it was a Sunday.Special Features:
- Don't go hereLarryVIPDined on 4/4/2014Poor service. Sushi was okay. Other food item were not good. Skip this place. Plenty of other choices in area - Pearl, kona, mikado
- If you love sushi.....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2014Great spot to hang out in with great service, outstanding sushi and good wine selection. Well worth the price. Been there 3 times and each visit was the same............GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B teamEinchandlerDined on 3/14/2014Nice place but not a top 5 sushi in chandler. Servers not interested in customers. Wasabi and ginger by request only. What?
- Love the Sushi RoomHeartSushiDined on 3/7/2014Great food, great atmosphere! We loving coming here, the sushi is quite good. The Happy Hour specials are very reasonable. The service is always top notch with a very friendly staff. Would recommend. Also their other restaurant just down the plaza The Living Room is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made reservations onlinerxfoxDined on 2/14/2014I made reservations online for dinner for Valantines Day. We orderd the special $39 dinner for two. We were in the middle of our salid when the appetizer and main course were served. The tables were crampt, the food and service were ok. Its an ok place to go have dinner, but I won't go out of my way to eat there again...
- Friends out of town pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Had a nice dinner at the sushi room. Server had excellent suggestions to add to our choices. Friends from out of town had a great evening, loved the food, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh is bestveg4meDined on 1/16/2014I'm a newbie to the realm of sashimi, but the freshness of the ingredients here has me eager to go back for more. And maybe even try somethings more exotic. Sitting at the sushi bar we were able to engage in conversations with the chefs, and the rest of the wait staff was pleasant and attentive. The menu is a little pricey, but given the quality, was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was coldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013My friends and I ordered the New Years Special menu. It came with an appetizer soup 2 glasses of wine, and 2 speciality rolls the sushi rolls were amazing but our soup came to us luke warm & our bacon wrapped scallops were ice cold, the table behind us ordered after us & received their food ahead of us. Other then that everything was well done our waitress was spunky & had an amazing spirit about her considering she was working New Years Eve.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceMarkDined on 12/14/2013The sushi is excellent and the beer menu is reasonably diverse. The servers are prompt and helpful.Special Features:
- Not impressedNonameDined on 10/26/2013We had high hopes for this place, good location. However we were disappointed in the food, very bland.the service was okay, not good not bad. Uniforms or similar attire would help. One waiter was wearing a baseball hat. How about white shirt and tie"Special Features:
- Yuppy Sushi RoomTdustonDined on 9/27/2013I have had Sushi from a number of places in a number of different cities. This sushi place was standard yuppy fare. It did not blow me away and was definitely overpriced for what we received. We drove out to this place hoping that it would have good quality fish and delicious rolls. However, they rely way too much on Krab salad to make a good impression. This is the perfect place for sushi lovers who don't like raw fish, which is truly saying something. Some of their roles were just conceptually flawed. They have a surf and turf roll where they put cover a crunch roll with steak. It sounds good until they throw pungent fried onions on top, which was just wrong. I do have to admit that that the fried ika was absolutely delicious.
- Pleasantly surprised!PjvanderDined on 9/13/2013My first time here. Read some mixed reviews about service but was completely impressed with the attention we received. Sushi was pretty good, too! Not the very best I've had, but certainly above average!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyEatingOutVIPDined on 9/7/2013We generally enjoy eating here. But this particular night the music was very loud. I couldn't finish eating quick enough to leave. If you have to shout at your waitress to order, that should be a indication to the staff that the music is too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Friday Night HangoutFernDined on 8/30/2013The music was awesome!! Loved the vibe. The crowd eclectic ~ lots of tables with families, others with couples. The sushi was yummy and filling and generous pour on a glass of wine. Great service too. If you are on a date or with friends, hit the Living Room lounge next door! Super fun bar to see and be seen ~ with open patio, good music and comfy seating everywhere.Special Features:
- great food and service staffMoFromAZDined on 7/27/2013great food and service staff was warm and friendlySpecial Features:
- The Sunshine Roll is my Favorite.NeighborDined on 7/7/2013Sunday is Happy Hour all day. Good food at great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePoffle18Dined on 6/26/2013The service was great. They always made sure we had everything we needed, they brought the food out in a great amount of time. One thing though that would be nice to change is when they bring the food they don't stick it in front of use when we're trying to eat something else. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.