Rock Center Cafe
20. West 50th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Rock Center Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=18
- Phone: (212) 332-7620
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 10:30am
Monday – Friday 11am – 4pm
Sunday – Thursday 4pm – 10pm
Friday – Saturday 4pm – 11pm
Saturday & Sunday 10am – 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Prontelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Rock Center Cafe
Rock Center Café is New York’s American Grill. We bring you chef-driven cuisine at breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch, house-crafted cocktails, and some of New York’s top brews in one of the most memorable, landmark locations in New York City. With a stunning view of The Rink at Rockefeller Center in the winter months and Summer Garden & Bar, a spacious outdoor oasis in the summer months; we offer an exceptional setting with a series of original prints by the great American artist Andy Warhol and seasonally updated menus supporting local family farms. We are open 365 days a year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Center Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)great for lunch (80)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (50)kid-friendly (45)great for brunch (36)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (24)romantic (21)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great stop for a day in the City!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014This was a great stop for lunch! We made a reservation thinking we would have a long wait but probably didn't have to. Our reservation was at 1:00 PM which is a peak lunch hour and we were seated quickly and offered fresh baked bread. We ordered our lunch and it was brought to us in no time. The ambiance is great as you are able to watch skaters while you are enjoying your lunch. We had a great time and I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I organized a surprise dinner for my mother. The staff immediately noticed that this was a special occasion and even though it was a busy Saturday night - they did not pressure us to clear the table quickly. They let us enjoy the dinner and company for a full 4.5 hours!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service challenged but good food.Out4agoodmealDined on 11/22/2014The night we had dinner there, they were short staffed. Getting water refills and dishes removed from our table was a project. Our server did his best but he is only 1 man. Waited a long time for our order to be taken, apps to arrive and water to be refilled. Food was delicious. View of the skaters was great! Service was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated promptly, order taken, and served promptly.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful experience. We ordered the RCC burger and it exceeded expectations. It arrived very quickly and service was excellent. The view of ice skating only made the experience more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!Happycampers4Dined on 11/21/2014Wonderful for adults and children. Great food. Festive atmosphere. We keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time with my family. I will come againLiveLifeDined on 11/20/2014What a place, Fun, vibrant. Romantic. Many family members from different states joined meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FGRGDined on 11/19/2014We lunch at the café everytime we're in NYC. We love the atmosphere, service and food. Fun spot especially at the Christmas Holidays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket List CheckOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Overall it was a nice lunch and enjoyable view of the rink. I wasn't overly impressed with the food but did love the cocktail options - had the Apple Cider Bellini and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favorite Restaurant in NYC!MarialiviaDined on 11/15/2014The longest litany could not extol the virtues of Rock Center Cafe. Food exceptional, service very friendly, helpful, attentive but not intrusive, and professional in every way. Slightly pricey, but more than worth the cost. View could not be better -- we had a window table close to the ice rink -- if window were open, we could have shaken the skaters' hands! This is definitely my favorite restaurant in NYC and a treat to look forward to every time I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnydersDined on 11/15/2014Limited options for lunch; food was good. I asked for a medium burger and it came back rare, very pink in the middle. It was a bit over priced in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experiencePolishpenDined on 11/15/2014My daughter, two grand-daughters and I dined at Rock Center Cafe as a centerpiece event to our NYC excursion. The food was fantastic and exquisitely presented. Our table gave us a bird's eye view of the skating rink, which the girls had seen on television. They were thrilled to see the venue in person. Better still, we witnessed a marriage proposal during our lunch. Our waiter was very attentive and respectful of our needs. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant experience and would return again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunchedy50drDined on 11/14/2014Had lunch here again after our annual enjoyment of Radio City's Christmas Spectacular. As usual our lunch did not disappoint. We both had the beet salad with the Humboldt Fog aged goat cheese & micro greens for starters. OMG- so simple but so divine. We loved it so much that we had to search out that cheese and bought some that weekend and tried our best to re-create that salad (which we think we did). The rest of our meal was equally just as good and service was attentive but not intrusive. Also had a great view of the ice skating rink. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a View!TuzzDined on 11/13/2014I took a co-worker here that has never been to Time Square. He LOVED IT !! Great Food and Great Views! I will be bringing my wife here during Christmas !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good view of staking rink, great food and serviceBruceVIPDined on 11/13/2014good view of staking rink, great food and service Loved the Cod fish specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Rock Center ExperienceAnnTaterDined on 11/11/2014Rock Center Cafe is a lovely place for lunch following the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. The restaurant has a casual feel but we were treated like royalty. Prices were moderate. We especially enjoyed the seasonal specialty drinks. We had a wonderful, festive afternoon and look forward to visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go!LillyDined on 11/10/2014We were very disappointed in our Rock Center Cafe. Watching the skaters was fun. The host staff was nice. Beyond that, it was terrible. Our lunch for 2 cost over $100 and it was inedible. We ordered from the 3 course menu. The bread was great. The salad was okay. The entree was awful. I had skirt steak that was fatty and just gross. My companion had chicken that was better but still bad. It was the worst meal we have had in recent memory. Our server obviously knew we weren't eating our meal. He seemed afraid to ask why. It was dismal. Drinks and appetizers at the bar might be okay but don't eat the meals!Special Features:
- Not Kid-FriendlykidsintowDined on 11/8/2014We found this restaurant under "kid-friendly" on Open Table. This restaurant is anything but... One example of this is that the restaurant doesn't even have kid-friendly drink cups. The food was mediocre and over priced. The service was good and the ambience is great as the restaurant looks out over the ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center.Special Features:
- Good experiencenot2happyDined on 11/8/2014Think kid's menu should be ala carte. Too expensive if your child only drinks water and doesn't eat dessert.Special Features:
- Stay AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014When we arrived at the restaurant at 9:30 am we were told that they we're only serving lunch. The waiter took 15 minutes to come over to greet our table. The food was fair. The waiter come over to our table 10 minutes into our meal and offered us bread and fresh parmesan cheese. The location is the only positive thing going for the restaurant.
- great view, food so-so5innycDined on 11/7/2014We got a great table with a fantastic view of the skating rink. We even got to watch a romantic wedding proposal on the ice. The service was very professional and friendly. However, the food was somewhat disappointing. My skirt steak was very chewy and not very flavorful. For the price, I would have expected better quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014Lovely location overlooking the ice skating but you pay for that, a glass of wine is around $15. I had the fish of the day, cod, well cooked and a reasonable sized portion.Special Features:
- FishDined on 11/7/2014Went to dinner before a show. The staff had our table ready and everyone enjoyed the experience of sitting by the window and watching the skaters. Most importantly, they made it clear that they could accommodate my daughter's nut allergy. She was able to eat the fried calamari, pasta and ice cream sundae dessert. The food was very good. I enjoyed the vegetarian entree, but would have liked it somewhat hotter. Overall it was a wonderful experience for our family and our server was friendly and attentive. A bit expensive, but would recommend the restaurant for its convenience, atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- Tourist or a native New YorkerUSN65Dined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is a must try if your visiting NYC for the first time or your fiftieth time. Great atmosphere, food and vibe. Go for lunch and feel like a native New Yorker at a power lunch. Make sure that you make reservation through OpenTable. I always get seated right away and usually in the area that I requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!TwinsMomDined on 11/7/2014Perfect spot for a meal before the Christmas Spectacular. Great service and perfect place for the kids too...overlooks the skating rink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimermimwDined on 11/7/2014Breakfast was excellent. The apple cranberry French toast was so light, airy and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as a RockRegularGuyDined on 11/5/2014Our reservations were originally for 4:30PM and were for a specific table. My friend who was visiting from Florida kept running into delays and I kept calling to push back the reservation. We were finally able to get there at 5:30PM to find it somewhat crowded. Surprisingly they held the table I requested! The server was great, the food was delicious and we had a womderful time catching up on old times. It was a very relaxing time and never once a feeling of being rushed. I'm looking forward to visiting Rock Center Cafe real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal Breakfast LocationMjj1289Dined on 11/4/2014The Rock Center Cafe is an ideal location for a casual business breakfast or lunch. During the Fall/Winter months, it looks out onto the famous skating Rockefeller Center skating rink. The staff is extremely friendly, helpful, and attentive and the food was quite good. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why not?!ManaganyDined on 11/1/2014Great location with a view of the Rock Ctr ice skating rink. Service was efficient and pleasant. Food was fine. Decided on this spot after a visit to the American Doll store with my niece. Not cheap but why not?! It's all in the experience, which was priceless. -Native New Yorker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good viewRPDinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014Booking ahead with Open Table meant we got an excellent table at the window looking out at the skaters on the Rockefeller Plaza ice rink. Good food, interesting food and drink selection. Spotty service, but that seems to have been our particular waitress as others appeared more attentive and approachable.Special Features:
- VivvyDined on 10/29/2014Really enjoyed our lunch there! Food and service very good! Had window table delighted with that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poochie1Dined on 10/27/2014Had lunch with family from London everything was wonderful.My family loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We thought this would be a great place for breakfast...not so much! Stuffed French toast came out cold, bacon was barely cooked! Couldn't find server to send it back. Had to stop another server to ask for butter and syrup...who serves pancakes those?!?!Special Features:
- Rock Center CafeTurkVIPDined on 10/9/2014We like to go to their themed dinners and this year's Oktoberfest was no exception. Much of the food is homemade including the 3 types of sausage, the smoked whitefish and the Bavarian pretzel. The beer selection was terrific as well. The homemade ice cream for dessert can be shared by 3 people- fabulous. We can't wait for the next themed treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersMagikDined on 10/4/2014Skating rink was not yet open, rainy day so no outdoor seating. But the burger was the best I've had in a long time. The salad substituted for the fries was just the right accompaniment for our lunch. Great drinks, desserts too. Not too bad price wise for NYC. And our waiter was ver personable, witty; added to our enjoymentSpecial Features:
- Perfect!Koalax1Dined on 10/3/2014Was taken to Rock Center Cafe to celebrate my birthday. Loved it! From the delicious mixed salad, Altlantic Salmon, to the chocolate cake desert everything was simply delicious. Service and ambience were also great. Truly enjoyed my visit to this restaurant and will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They use egg beaters instead ofPetunia10Dined on 10/2/2014Went for breakfast. The coffee was horrible and eggs were disgusting. How can you screw up egg? This place is all about location. They simply do not feel they need to serve you a decent meal. Stay far away.
- Good Fast with Fast ServiceGiantBlueDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is a little more casual than the Sea Grill located across the ice rink. The menu has a decent variety of food for adults. The kids menu is excellent. The food service is very quick which is good if you are looking to eat and move on to another event. In my opinion, the food service was a little too fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, service okspunk5Dined on 9/20/2014Fantastic experience to be in the heart of Rockerfeller Center. Went for lunch and food was good and kid friendly. Very casual. Nice to be outside for dining. The food came out fast and cooked well, but the server was very slow to greet us and check back. It took her 10 minutes to come to the table to get a drink order. Then after the food was served (by other server) she came back when we were finished. It took her another 10 minutes to get the bill. Don't be in a rush or you will miss something.Special Features:
- below parOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. I had reservations for four and two of us were seated in one outdoor section waiting for the other two people who were seated elsewhere. The waiter was friendly and attentive but the food was not good. Dry, over cooked fish served on a bed of unremarkable vegetables. There was no attempt at pleasing presentation and no evidence of seasoning in the food. Could have had a better meal at MacDonalds for a lot less money.
- Good spotGerryDined on 9/16/2014After many years of dining there, i still find the Cafe a fine place for a pleasant lunch and consistently good food. And what a scene, esp. In winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.