Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis
800 La Salla Plaza
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: (612) 332-2739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Daniel Flores
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 9th & Hennepin
- Public Transit: Near by bus stops on Hennepin and Nicollet
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: $1.50 off your parking available at the LaSalle Plaza Parking Ramp after 4P.M. until midnight Monday, Thur, Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. Public Parking lots also available in the area.
A word from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis
Rock Bottom is an exciting, lively restaurant and brewery featuring an eclectic menu at an affordable price. The service is friendly and energetic. Quality ingredients, talent, passion and innovation work hand in hand to bring fresh handcrafted beers with distinctive flavor from our on-site brewery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (34)great for lunch (31)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2014Had a great dining experience. Food was great, service was timely and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet before a concert.Danahaha0Dined on 11/14/2014We had 6 people at the table and the server gave us plenty of time to visit and didn't pressure to order our entrees. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!GoodFoodDined on 11/14/2014Four of us had dinner at Rock Bottom before a concert. The server understood that and made sure we were served and got out check in time to get to the show. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-concert find!Musicluvr40Dined on 11/8/2014I typically do not write reviews, but this place was so good, I felt like I had to share! A friend told us about Rock Bottom and said that it was a great place to go before concerts, and boy was he right! Great fast service and the food was outstanding. Despite it being very busy, the wait staff was very attentive and I could not believe how fast our food was prepared! Also, I love a good beer and their IPA was awesome! I would recommend Rock Bottom to anyone!Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014On a busy Minneapoliss evening doing what you would want. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brewery diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/20142nd time there. We were there before a Dylan concert at Orpheum. Found out Dylan had takeout from there. Can't beat the proximity. 3 in our party of 4 enjoyed beer samplers. Friends had burgers, and I enjoyed the salmon- yummy glaze. No gluten free items on menu, but I didn't ask either. Maybe there's a dedicated menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great locationluv2dineDined on 11/4/2014We went prior to a concert at the Orpheum and we loved the fact that they are so close. They have a very nice dining room area that we were NOT sat in. They put us in a mismatched little area in the back that felt away from everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014It was my first time at RB and I will definitely be going back! Everything from the beer, the appetizer, and the meal was delicious. I mentioned to my boyfriend that I gave RB 6 out of 5 stars. Can't wait to try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizer, just ok entréeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday because of his love for burgers, and they looked to have a good variety. We got there 10 min before our reservation and they sat us right away which was nice. There was a broken light bulb on the ledge just above us which was kinda weird. I had a great drink (pom berry cosmo) and we shared the crab and artichoke dip which was amazing. Then for dinner my bf had the Tillamook burger and I had the pulled pork sandwich. They were both underwhelming and a little disappointing after the great app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Unique menuLivingwaterDined on 10/31/2014Loved the great service!! Top notch. From the hostess to the waiter to the manger. All great nice and excellent people. Made us feel at home. Took care of us. Thank you !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchPattyDined on 10/27/2014The service was outstanding and the meal was very good. It was quick and easy and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We went to Rock Bottom before the Warren Miller show, and LOVED the wine and the food! Great night. Our server was a bit busy so we had to find her a couple of times, but that happens.Special Features:
- Great before the showBMcCabeDined on 10/21/2014Hostess asked if we were going to show to ensure we got our good in timely manner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat for theatersSiouxFallsFoodiesDined on 10/21/2014My husband and I were to attend an event at the State Theater so we made reservations at Rock Bottom. Everything was great...food and service. Our waiter was Bo and he was charming and attentive. A must try is the asiago cheese spinach and artichoke dip on the appetizer menu. I'd come back just for that. It was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at Rock BottomLadyloveDined on 10/21/2014Our service was very slow. We were attending a concert at the State Theater that night and due to traffic we were a little late for our reservation. Our server was slow coming to take our drink order, and when she eventually delivered our drinks, we thought she was going to take our order, but she walked away. So, we had to wait to try and find her again to take our order, when we explained to her we were on a tight schedule. After that, she was much better at delivering our food in a timely manner and bringing our check right away. We had our Jethro Tull shirts on, so we figured she would know we were going to the concert next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Some of the worst service I have seen in a long time. Beware.
- Can't get enough!love2eatanddrinkDined on 10/17/2014RBB is a must-go restaurant for us! Top-notch food and a great ambiance keep us coming back over and over- you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceFoodserviceDined on 10/17/2014Overall the food was good but the service was horrible. We ordered an appetizer at the same time we ordered our food and after an hour and ten minutes we had to ask our server where the appetizer was. He forgot to order it buy blamed it in his kitchen staff. The server also knew we needed to get out of there at a specific time because we had a show to go to, which is why we allotted two hours for dinner. Our food came after an hour and a half at which point we asked for our bill so we could quickly eat, pay our bill and leave. He didn't bring our bill until we were finished with our food. The quality of the food was pretty good, but I wouldn't go during any peak times, especially if you have plans afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rock bottomdiningoutDined on 10/15/2014We enjoyed our meal at Rock Bottom. I had Baja chicken sandwich with side of grilled broccoli. Both were very tasty. My husband had Hickory bacon chicken sandwich with side of fries. Service was good, pleasant dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Lunch Never ServedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Can't comment on the food cuz the service was so poor that we had to leave before the food was ever brought to the table. The hostess and server knew that we had tickets for a play and needed to be served on a timely basis. We made reservations, allowed 1 hour and 15 minutes (should have been plenty of time) and repeatedly told all concerned that we needed to keep things moving. The server was very busy attending to people who were done with or were finishing up their lunches while we waited for our food to come. With only 20 minutes left and no food in sight we had to leave very disappointed since I was taking my sister out for her birthday. I'm a long time season ticket holder at the Orpheum but will not try Rock Bottom again. again.
- Close to the TheaterOutstandingDined on 10/10/2014We like Rock Bottom because it is close to the theater. We like to have a bite to eat before the show and the food is very good and it is convenient to the parking area we use for the theater.Special Features:
- downtown diningconnieo1Dined on 10/4/2014good restaurant for downtown dining - server sensitive to theatre reservation timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinner/drinksStephDined on 10/4/2014This is a great spot for dinner and drinks. We had a group of 4. The food was great and the service was great also. Perfect spot to hang out before heading to the Orpheum.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater dining!KPaulDined on 10/3/2014We had an Open Table reservation before going to the Pantages Theater on a Friday night. There were many food choices on the lighter side and a good children's menu as well. The server was excellent and very attentive to our needs and time schedule pre-theater. We will return next time before an event.Special Features:
- Awesome restauranthappyeaterDined on 9/27/2014Went here for my friends bachelorette party dinner and the waitor we had was a ton of fun and perfect for our specific group! The drinks are top of the line and the beer selection is definitely something to come in for alone. Also at the end of our dinner the waitor brought out an ice cream brownie for the bride to be, which just gave it the extra touch and personal experience we were looking for. I highly suggest this place to eat at our even just to stop in and get drinks it is a very cool restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!hairbyerinDined on 9/26/2014Every employee we encountered was extremely kind and helpful. Our server was a lot of fun and make the experience so much better than a normal night out for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Their "Rocktoberfest" selections were surprisingly good; you wouldn't expect to find rotkohl in a sports bar. Note to Opentable users: if you have a reservation, make sure Rock Bottom notes that you showed up or you'll be stuck trying to get Opentable to unban/credit you for a few days...
- RockBottom MinneapolisJRaeDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 10 people out for dinner on Saturday night. The food was fabulous and service was impeccable! Great service can make a fun night out and our waiter Bo did just that. There was an issue with one of the entrees and he made it right and kept us updated when the newly prepared meal would be done. He engaged with us and had great suggestions. I can't remember the last time we had such fabulous service. The next day we were talking about the service experience-it left a last impression and we will be back.Special Features:
- Good Casual RestaurantDebInPalmSpringsDined on 9/9/2014Perfect pre-show dining. Great beer selection. Very convenient location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale bar foodSmkmshopsDined on 9/7/2014We went to Rock Bottom before a Sunday matinee at the Orpheum. It wasn't packed, but service was a little slow. Our server could've been a little quicker and more attentive in the beginning. We waited longer than average to get drinks and place our order. But it was fine--we got our food and ate in time to make the show. Both sandwiches we ordered were tasty. The Burbonzola burger was flavorful and cooked perfectly. My husband really liked that their club sandwich was grilled--not just on toasted bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Starts with ServiceFrankieknowsDined on 9/6/2014Rock Bottom has established a reputation for excellent food and beverages - but what really sets it apart is the excellent service. During our recent visit, our server Beau made all the difference. He was very personable, knowledgeable about the menu, efficient, and just a darned nice guy!Special Features:
- Never at the bottom!thetopsDined on 9/4/2014You may have reached Rock Bottom, but they are the TOPS!!Special Features:
- On way to theaterGaryDined on 8/28/2014Six of us had an enjoyable meal before walking over to the Orpheum to see 'Book of Mormon'. Service was great and they made sure we had time to enjoy our meal, relax a little, and get to our destination on time. Moderate pricing and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKmcnally0070Dined on 8/25/2014My co-worker and I both ordered the Mac and Chicken. I have had it before and knew what it should taste like. There was no cheese in it. After getting our waitress she did take it back and have it re-made but by then it was time to go and she asked if we needed a box. There was no other offer made to make it right. Like reduced price or anything when we didn't get to actually eat our meal with the rest of the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Service was slow and inattentive. Our server brought the wrong drink, blamed it on the bartender, and said he would comp the drink. My daughter liked the drink and ordered a second one, which he never brought. Our bill included the cost of the drink -- don't know whether it was the one that was comped or the one he forgot to bring!Special Features:
- Just awful!SimplyRedMNDined on 8/22/2014Booked a table to dine prior to a show at the Orpheum. Felt very rushed right from the beginning. Ordered the $10 margarita which specifically says on the menu that it is made with Tequilla, Cointreau, and fresh lime. When it arrived it was in a tall glass with a straw. Tasted like canned lemonade. It was all mix and no booze. Ordered the enchilada. It had been microwaved so long that the tortillas were like leather. The accompanying beans were just a soupy, runny, mess. Sent that back as well. The much touted Mac and cheese is all Mac and no cheese. I settled for a side of fries as my dinner. Not exactly how I envisioned the night. At least the waiter was very apologetic. The manager never stopped to speak with us.
- Great food, great drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was out of this world, the wait staff were helpful and attentive. The drinks were good from beer to mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular PatronLPigDined on 8/20/2014Had the Cajun Pasta - it was good - rightly spiced but a little on the cold to the touch side. and a little starchy sticky. Had the bar nachos - always good. Tilamook burger is a winner but did not order this visit. It was busy as usual.... opening for Book of Mormon and Twins game too. Reservations recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must eat!onefood29Dined on 8/11/2014Tacos are a must have and the staff are friendly. Great for happy hour and a late night bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for quick mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Very excellent staff. I was very thankful they held my reservation a little bit longer and had my table ready when I arrived.I would recommend this to a friend.