Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis
800 La Salla Plaza
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: 6123322739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Daniel Flores
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 9th & Hennepin
- Public Transit: Near by bus stops on Hennepin and Nicollet
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: $1.50 off your parking available at the LaSalle Plaza Parking Ramp after 4P.M. until midnight Monday, Thur, Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. Public Parking lots also available in the area.
A word from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis
Rock Bottom is an exciting, lively restaurant and brewery featuring an eclectic menu at an affordable price. The service is friendly and energetic. Quality ingredients, talent, passion and innovation work hand in hand to bring fresh handcrafted beers with distinctive flavor from our on-site brewery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (41)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (28)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (14)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- On way to theaterGaryDined on 8/28/2014Six of us had an enjoyable meal before walking over to the Orpheum to see 'Book of Mormon'. Service was great and they made sure we had time to enjoy our meal, relax a little, and get to our destination on time. Moderate pricing and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKmcnally0070Dined on 8/25/2014My co-worker and I both ordered the Mac and Chicken. I have had it before and knew what it should taste like. There was no cheese in it. After getting our waitress she did take it back and have it re-made but by then it was time to go and she asked if we needed a box. There was no other offer made to make it right. Like reduced price or anything when we didn't get to actually eat our meal with the rest of the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Service was slow and inattentive. Our server brought the wrong drink, blamed it on the bartender, and said he would comp the drink. My daughter liked the drink and ordered a second one, which he never brought. Our bill included the cost of the drink -- don't know whether it was the one that was comped or the one he forgot to bring!Special Features:
- Just awful!SimplyRedMNDined on 8/22/2014Booked a table to dine prior to a show at the Orpheum. Felt very rushed right from the beginning. Ordered the $10 margarita which specifically says on the menu that it is made with Tequilla, Cointreau, and fresh lime. When it arrived it was in a tall glass with a straw. Tasted like canned lemonade. It was all mix and no booze. Ordered the enchilada. It had been microwaved so long that the tortillas were like leather. The accompanying beans were just a soupy, runny, mess. Sent that back as well. The much touted Mac and cheese is all Mac and no cheese. I settled for a side of fries as my dinner. Not exactly how I envisioned the night. At least the waiter was very apologetic. The manager never stopped to speak with us.
- Great food, great drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was out of this world, the wait staff were helpful and attentive. The drinks were good from beer to mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular PatronLPigDined on 8/20/2014Had the Cajun Pasta - it was good - rightly spiced but a little on the cold to the touch side. and a little starchy sticky. Had the bar nachos - always good. Tilamook burger is a winner but did not order this visit. It was busy as usual.... opening for Book of Mormon and Twins game too. Reservations recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must eat!onefood29Dined on 8/11/2014Tacos are a must have and the staff are friendly. Great for happy hour and a late night bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for quick mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Very excellent staff. I was very thankful they held my reservation a little bit longer and had my table ready when I arrived.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown restaurantKathySDined on 8/2/2014Rock Bottom is my go-to restaurant before concerts and shows downtown. The food is reliably good with a diverse menu of appetizers, entrees, and beverages. I always make a reservation on these nights as it fills up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClancyDined on 7/22/2014A wonderful spot close to Target Field where we were headed for a Twins game. Had a great time, service was excellent.Special Features:
- Saturday evening diningHomechef1Dined on 7/19/2014Not busy when we arrived on a Saturday evening many tables had not been bussed and remained that way through most of dinner when the tables were bussed they never cleaned the tables after they were bussed they only picked up the dishes not very appetizing. The food arrived stone cold but still attractive on the plate very noisy due to slamming door right behind the table we were at. Overall not as good as it used to beSpecial Features:
- Great food, poor serviceScarletDined on 6/23/2014I was in a group of four who had dinner before heading out to a show at the Orpheum. The food was amazing. Drinks were weak. Service was very slow. Barely stopped by, had to track down the server to remind her of a drink order from 15 minutes prior. The restraunt was not full, nor did it seem busy in our section. When the bills came, all of the drink orders were mixed up and put on other guest tabs. No ones bill was correct, but we had to get to the show and couldn't wait for someone to reprint them. Overall, I would Go back and hope for a better server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our pre-theater dinner was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014We were seated promptly and our server was certain that our orders arrived in plenty of time to have a relaxing meal get to our 6:30 theater reservations across the street. We ate light, salads and appetizers because of the early hour. Eating at 5:30 is not our usual thing, so we look forward to coming back to try more items on the menuSpecial Features:
- Great spot for pre-show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014My group of 6 has season tickets to the Orpheum and we find that having our pre-show dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery is ideal. The food is always great and the staff make sure we finish on time for the show, every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larry l fowlerVerypleasedDined on 6/21/2014Our party of five added significantly to the high noise level. Our service was fantastic...can't remember server's name:(. Our server was African American ... Her joy was infectious. Although the food was very good our server is the reason we will be back?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Date Night DestinationHYandLKDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary. Our date night included dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery. Fantastic food...and if you get a chance to sit in Kathy's section - you won't be disappointed. She is one of the best servers we have had in a long time :)Special Features:
- Service great. Food mixedBusinessdiner1Dined on 6/19/2014Our party of five had mixed reviews on food. Salmon special was excellent. Ribeye steals were overpriced, tough and not cooked to our request. However our server was excellent and salvaged the experience. Will go back for beers and burgers but not for steaks.Special Features:
- seatingseatingDined on 6/19/2014Not a major item but seating was confused. Reservation made a day before. Greeter had our reservation but took a long time to come up with a decision on seating. We were placed at a table in traffic lanes of servers. Booths were open in our section for our entire time there.Special Features:
- Rock Bottom BrewerydiningoutDined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed dining at Rock Bottom. I had the baja chicken sandwich with grilled broccoli. My husband had the hickory bacon chicken sandwich with french fries. The food was delicious! Everything done just the way we wanted. dining outServer was real good. No wait since we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!food,AMusistDined on 6/14/2014Great and intriguing selection - glazes on fish and steak are very worthwhile. Food came out quickly and fit order requests. Cocktails were pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon Gorgonzola Delicious!SunnyJulesDined on 6/14/2014We went to Rock Bottom to celebrate an early Father's day for my husband. He had the Bourbon Gorgonzola steak and I had the Bourbon Gorgonzola burger, both delicious. My husband also paid the extra $7 to take home the great beer stein for Father's day. We had excellent service and food. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Try the Mac and Cheese!YummyDined on 6/13/2014No really! It was SOOOOO good! Some of us had as the main course and some of us had it as a side dish to our great burgers, but everyone had some because it was that great.Special Features:
- Really Enjoyed Rock BottomUPRiderDined on 6/12/2014We had such a great experience at Rock Bottom our first night in town that we returned again the following night. Energetic environment combined with great food and very friendly and efficient table service. Had a great time and really enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- Great diningBeachLoverDined on 6/11/2014Great menu options with creative twists on some of the usual things like burgers, sandwiches, etc. The food was fresh, flavorful and done perfectly - including the presentation. Very attentive servers (without hovering), everyone was very upbeat and smiling - great atmosphere. Love that they take reservations - very helpful when you have an event to go to afterwards (theater, concert, etc.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-concert eatingVacaFoodiesDined on 6/11/2014Front desk said two hour wait for table for 2, luckily we did open table and had a reservation within fifteen minutes of making it. Even with it packed they got us fully fed, and it the door in under an hour. Awesome service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-/Post Theatre Evening Hot Spot!HappyCamperDined on 6/9/2014We come to Rock Bottom Brewery before heading over the Orpheum for the Spotlight Theatre Awards, every year. Staff always makes sure that we are served in a timely, yet relaxed, fashion. Many of us also have been to Rock Bottom before or after other theatre outings in the area. The food is varied and excellent. My Brewery Chicken was moist and delicious, the pulled pork sandwich looked yummy, and those who ordered the salads were quite satisfied with the freshness and flavor. I asked for a sample of the Hibiscus beer, and a small glass was brought to our table, with no pressure to purchase more--that's always a plus--and a large enough sample that three or four of us were able to take a taste.Special Features:
- Serverconnieo1Dined on 6/7/2014Our server was exceptional, The food was better than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alwaysluv2dineVIPDined on 6/1/2014The food is always great, the service is always great and is always a great place to eat before going to the theater.Special Features:
- Great LocationkennybDined on 5/31/2014Good food and service... Located near downtown theaters which makes for a convenient eveningSpecial Features:
- Love Rock Bottom Brewerywillow35Dined on 5/31/2014It was great to go there and eat after a play at the Orpheum. It is right across the street and is a great place to eat. Love the pretzels and cheese dip!!Special Features:
- Fun placeFoodLessTastedByDined on 5/30/2014We went for dinner here before seeing a touring comedian. It was a great way to start the night. Good food options with very easy access to the theater district. The wait staff was attentive and jovial. This will become a usual place to grab a meal before seeing a show. Also, great beer choices.
- Great beer!SmurfetteDined on 5/30/2014I love coming here before plays and having dinner. Food is always good and their beer selection is great!Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 5/28/2014We had a very nice dinner and our server was awesome! Rock Bottom Brewery is my husband's new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy! Busy!!GrubHungryDined on 5/17/2014Our overall experience was ok. We had reservations for 5 of us, but upon arrival, the hosts told us that they only had a reservation for 2. However, our reservation was found and we were seated pretty quickly. It was just starting to get busy, and our server was very friendly and welcoming. We were waiting for a few friends to arrive, so by the time we ordered we got stuck in the dinner rush.We had a 7pm show to catch and our food didn't come until about 6:50pm. Our server kept telling us 5 more minutes about 3 times, then the MOD came and checked in w/ us to assure us that our food was going to be made soon. They took half off our bill, because of the delay. The food was ok. Our server and the MOD was really nice though.Special Features:
- Great food & funbillykahnDined on 5/17/2014Food was good. Service was great. Waitress suggestions were good.Special Features:
- If you hit Rock Bottom there's beerLethaldawnDined on 5/11/2014We stopped at Rock Bottom on Mother's Day before catching a show down the street. Staff was great and even helped to seat us near an outlet so we could charge the camera. Our server made some great suggestions for drinks and food which were all as wonderful as she had promised. She even knew the time of our show so that she could get us the check and any final drinks before we had to leave.Special Features:
- The following 780 reviews are from the Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Minneapolis reviews archive.
- Good food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014The food and service was very good -we would go back there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great carrot cake!MateVIPDined on 4/16/2014Some people go for the beer, we go for the carrot cake made right there.Special Features:
- Great new place downtown-Loved it!Julia68Dined on 4/15/2014Found this place on OpenTable-thought we would give it a try even though happy hour prices not listed online. Plus having to pay for downtown parking was a thought. Glad we tried. Service was great from Donna in the bar-very attentive and always nearby if needed. Bar brewed beer was also fantastic and food was awesome. Chicken fingers for $5 on happy hour enough for two, although we also tried the 2a.m. burger and it was wonderful too. They also have a card for points and it is a great addition to every visit, great rewards. Overall we will return again very soon.Special Features:
- Good beerMegs17Dined on 4/13/2014Great place to try some good beer and made-from-scratch food. The wait staff was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.