Rock Bottom – Omaha
1101 Harney St.
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom – Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rockbottom.com/locations/omaha
- Phone: (402) 614-9333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Rachel Patel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Directly above the restaurant, we have a private loft where we can accommodate up to 45 people. We have entertained graduation parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, etc. Just call...we'll answer all questions!
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Patel 4026149333
- Entertainment: Live music on Thursday nights.
A word from Rock Bottom – Omaha
Passionate about our pints. Maniacal for malts. Rock Bottom always has been and always will be about the beer. Every beer we tap represents hours of planning, experimentation, ingenuity and precision. When you hit Rock Bottom, you"ll not only enjoy these handcrafted brews and our made-from-scratch food, but you'll feel a connection to the locals and the location that doesn't happen at many other restaurants. We like to say that life begins when you hit Rock Bottom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Rock Bottom – Omaha - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Rock Bottom – Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great food, horrible serviceneedsgoodserviceDined on 10/25/2014Our experience at Rock Bottom started out really well, then we didn't see our server for 30 minutes. We could never get anything in a timely manner. She never came and got our empty plates and glasses. We counted over 30 glasses on our table by the end of our meal (we were drinking beers and had empty water glasses). When it was time to pay, she messed up the amounts and after we explained the mistake to her she still messed it up. She never once apologized for her mistakes or for not checking on us. Overall, I would only recommend this place to a friend because of the beer selection and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed Visiting FamilyLiketryingdifferentDined on 10/17/2014My uncle and cousin were visiting and I knew that like to visit entertaining places, especially bars. I had heard the Rock Bottom had tap booths (booths that had a couple of taps right there in the booths!) and I knew this would be something neither had experienced before. I was right and it was really a great time! We sat in the booth and were able to fill our glasses as we wanted with the ounces being kept track which we could watch at the table as well. We also ordered taster flights and food and it was all fantastic! I highly recommend this as an excellent choice not only for drinking but also for food and fun!Special Features:
- BellaDined on 9/28/2014Table of 12, awesome service. Great variety of food, recommend the beer samplerSpecial Features:
- Good beer and foodLoveGreatFoodDined on 9/16/2014You can get some good beer and food for a reasonable price here. Nice, relaxed atmosphere in a bar environment.Special Features:
- great food!SaraMDined on 9/16/2014If yoy are looking for a casual setting for fine dining this is the place. Nice bar, and graet food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerDisappointedVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had friends in from out of town and went to Rock Bottom. My girlfriend said her bacon mac n cheese was the best she has ever had. I ordered a steak and it was wonderful and cooked perfectly. Both the guys got enchilada's and they were really good as well. Emily our server was very attentive and friendly. Would definitely recommend Rock Bottom for a casual dinner/drinks.
- Pre-event dinnerTravelDivaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went before a concert for dinner. Service spot-on, and food reliably good. Moderately priced, were frequent diners at Rock Bottom.
- good lunch spotfoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014We love Rock Bottom for lunch. The food is good and the service is relatively quick because they are not as busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food only okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Don't try their Mac n chicken it was disgusting and way too spicy. My mouth was on fire and my daughter could not eat the food because we shared. I told the waitress about the food and she had a look of disbelief. She asked if I wanted something else, but I said no. My husband did enjoy the fish and chips. Will not eat here again.Special Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the Rock Bottom – Omaha reviews archive.
- good food but service only so-sofoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was good but our service was lacking. He was difficult to understand and didn't have great table manners. He also wasn't very knowledgeable about specials, discounts, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eh….OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014We arrived for an early lunch. Considering we were one of the first ones there for the day the restaurant, bathroom and menus could have been MUCH cleaner. The Cobb salad was decent, but nothing special. The Margarita pizza was very good. I'll probably never go back, but if I did, I'd get the pizza again.
- Good DinnerSeattleVisitorVIPDined on 7/19/2014Four of us had dinner there on Saturday night. The food was good to great and the beer was excellent.
- A good bye partypartywithfriendsDined on 7/11/2014It is a great environment. The service is nice and food was good. If you need to throw a group of people together than this is a place you want to go.Special Features:
- KristaDined on 6/27/2014A fantastic variety of selections and delicious food!! We were there on a rainy day at lunch so the crowd was down but we had a great lunch and service was excellent. Will return again soon!!Special Features:
- MmmfoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014Tried something new this time - the veggie pizza - and loved it. Haven't had a bad meal here!Special Features:
- foodieDined on 5/25/2014The food was acceptable, not great. service was a bit scattered.....we had to ask several times for water and other beverages. We had to ask for napkins and flatware AFTER our food arrived. Wine list is limited, but it is a brewery so did not except more.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor diningGoneDivingVAVIPDined on 5/9/2014We truly enjoyed this wonderful outdoor dining experience in the heart of old market omaha. The food was very good. reasonable portion sizes and good quality. The bear was excellent.Special Features:
- Has slide downhill a bitkw31836Dined on 3/22/2014We have been to Rock Bottom several times and enjoyed the food, location, and service. However, there was a noted decline in our experience. The mashed potatoes were cold and dry, the server forgot part of our order (sour cream for our nachos), and the steak was only warm. Very disappointed in the evening. We will give the location another chance, but if we have similar service and the food no better than this time, then sorry, Omaha has too many locations for food in the Old Market area.Special Features:
- Good stuffDinner42Dined on 3/21/2014Went to Rockbottom for a first time date. Place was clean food was great. Service was perfect. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeILoveLucyDined on 3/15/2014My husband have dined at Rock Bottom in thee Old Market several times and this place does not disappoint. We have enjoyed dinner on the patio, at the bar and most recently tucked away in a side booth where we dined while watching the Creighton Basketball game. Service has always been consistent. We've never waited long to be greeted by the host or our server and have always enjoyed server's recommendations. Food is fantastic - from apps to burgers to salmon. Atmosphere is fun, eclectic and comfortable. Prefer this spot to anything found in Midtown Crossing by a long shot! We will return here sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experienceToolmomDined on 3/8/2014Our group of 7 had a reservation and got right in on schedule. Service and food were excellent! We had a 3 1/2 year old with us and he loved it as well. There were food choices for everyone. Great place to chill and hang for a few hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentUSAFWifeDined on 2/10/2014We have been here many times but it is getting worse. The enchiladas are not filling. My chicken fried chicken was cold. I asked for veggies and got wax green beans. The drinks are weak. Our server took her time with serving us. Never got the water we asked for. My friends burger was cold and dry. Will not be returning.
- Food was good. It was veryStraw27Dined on 2/10/2014Food was good. It was very cold in the restaurant. Almost uncomfortable cold. Otherwise service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyPeachesDined on 1/24/2014I had the chicken bruschetta with grilled broccoli. Delicious. The ambiance was delightful. Husband and I had a nice date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The nachos were fantastic! Our food was great too. The waiter was so nice and friendly. I will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eight is enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Eight In our group and we were seated immediately upon arrival. Wonderful mac and cheese dish, steak, and burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningwineloverDined on 12/21/2013We had a very pleasant time with friends and a good meal with good wine in a friendly comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Enjoyed the atmosphere, nice but not stuffy. It is set up a little like a sports bar but the dining area was good. Wait staff was excellent. Food was good. there were eight of us and I heard no complaints about the food from anyone. Dessert menu is pretty short but the carrot cake is very good and can feed two to three (it is huge). Beer and Ale selection was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time at Rock BottomBookeggDined on 11/26/2013I chose Rock Bottom for its proximity to the airport, to stop and have dinner after picking up my California daughter before heading home. She is vegan and was pleased to find homemade veggie burgers on the menu. My local daughter was with us and loved the house specialty burger and the homemade quacamole. I loved the seafood enchiladas and home-brewed root beer. My California daughter loves breweries, and gave Rock Bottom a thumbs up for its sampler array. She also thought the price was very reasonable. We loved the openness of the place and the view of the streets. I was intrigued by the self-serve bar taps at some of the tables. I had never seen anything like that! No complaints at all ... everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Huge menu, awesome foodGofrogsDined on 11/22/2013The menu here is pretty large and the food is great. Good brews, too! Very similar to upstreamSpecial Features:
- Just okayJustokayDined on 11/9/2013The mini steak tacos were pretty good. My wife had the steak&fries and the steak was very good given its 15 dollar price. I had the fish&chip which were a good and the portion was huge. Had the donut holes for dessert. The donuts were over cooked. They were very dark and dry. Service left a lot to be desired. The waitress was not present except to take our order and bring the bill. Someone else delivered all of our food and drink. She brought us our check before even asking us if we wanted dessert causing her to have to take it back then order our dessert. Additionally my beer sat empty for more than 20 minutes at the end of dinner. Never once did she ask my wife or I if we wanted another drink. I expected more from them.Special Features:
- Great mealTravelDivaVIPDined on 10/20/2013We walked over to eat before a show at the Orpheum. The menu had a lot of variety, and we were even able to get. Happy hour discount on their homemade guacamole. It was delicious! Prices did. to break the bank, and our server was very attentive $ accommodating. Manager even stopped by our table to check on our experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleasednotpleasedDined on 10/19/2013They put our party of ten at elavated tables located in the bar. They only had enough room for eight so members of our party had to grab an additional table. Even then seating was cramped. They ran our of some items on the menu and brought a couple of people in our party the wrong side dishes.
- Great placeSmackleahyDined on 10/12/2013Rock bottom is a great place to go for food and drinks and to be in a fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeerMarieDined on 8/6/2013Quality beer, original and refreshing. The summer brew was especially wonderful. The Mac and cheese is usually my favorite, but it had an odd consistency this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress took our orderOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2013Our waitress took our order without writing it down. We ordered the chicken nachos without guac, sour cream, and chicken. The first order came out without chicken, had sour cream and guac. Sent it back, second time came out without chicken. Went ahead and ate it. The waitress didn't even appologize. Club sandwich came out without mayo which was perfect. Food was good just didn't get what we ordered. Even on the second try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laid backcfwebbDined on 7/18/2013Comfortable atmosphere. I was looking for a laid-back comfortable place to have a good burger or steak and it was just that. Lots of TVs around the bar made the place feel very casual and chill. Waitress was appropriately attentive, answered our questions about the menu, especially the variety of original beers. Great menu with lots of options. burgers looked great, but we went wit steaks which were delicious.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereCindyLouDined on 7/16/2013I love old buildings and the decor at Rock Bottom was great! I was surprised there were not more people there over the lunch hour, but welcomed that so that our office group could easily talk and not have to struggle to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.