Rock Bottom Brewery - San Jose
1875 S. Bascom #700
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Brewery - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: 4083770707
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Juan Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can make any event special. Give us a call and let the good times roll.
A word from Rock Bottom Brewery - San Jose
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery is a fun casual place to have great food and award winner beers. We have a complete bar to complement the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom Brewery - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- pleasantagag35Dined on 7/13/2014birthday lunch was very enjoyable. all went well. have come many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok meal - nothing specialMaryDined on 7/6/2014Had the rib platter w/ grilled broccoli and cole slaw. Sauce was good, meat overcooked and dry. Grilled broccoli was still raw with just a few char marks. Sent back for a bit more grilling, but came back same. If serving raw broccoli, need ranch dressing to go with it. Broccoli needs to be blanched prior to grilling. Cole slaw undressed. Sent it back too. Better after it had some dressing on it. Husband had burger - nothing special. Fries were good. Son had fish/chips - fish wasn't crisp. Overall a disappointing meal. Server was good. He tried to make things better but just didn't have a kitchen staff that could support him.Special Features:
- Dirty - needs a deep cleaningnotafoodsnobVIPDined on 6/15/2014We sat by a window with blinds which were dusty and spotted with food debris as far up as I could see. Both sides of slats as was the window casing and the wall. Filthy. We also returned 2 sets of dirty silverware. The ketchup bottle was caked and sticky too. The food was fine and the wait staff prompt. But the dried bits of sauce and grease on the blinds.....yuck.Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Rock Bottom Brewery - San Jose reviews archive.
- Top quality at the Rock BottomOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/26/2014Great service and flavorful food. Much of their menu items are made in-house and reflect high quality. Fun place for happy hour with a hopping bar. Great Campbell hang-out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatRachelVIPDined on 1/26/2014Great place to eat - it's busy on a Saturday - and Sunday -get Open Table RES!! Wonderful food - fabulous fun. I highly recommend the place!Special Features:
- Good enough, not greatMaggieVIPDined on 12/29/2013I went to a lunch with a group of 8 ladies here on a Sunday afternoon. We sat outside, noise level and temperature were both perfect. The service was ok, not great; my wine glass sat empty from the time lunch came (delivered from someone other than our server) through the time the check came, never did the waiter come back or ask if I wanted another glass. Food again was ok, not great; I had the ahi tuna salad, I wouldn't order again. Overall, the experience was fine and I guess I would go again, but the service and food were just ok...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Bottom is a definite favorite!ParisDined on 11/10/2013We come to Rock Bottom relatively frequently and always enjoy the food, drinks, service and staff. There is often a wait, but if you make a reservation, they ALWAYS have the table ready as soon as you arrive. My husband and I have tried a good portion of the menu items and have yet to find something we don't love, but their burgers and macaroni & cheese are all heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceSherryStyleVIPDined on 10/23/2013While the food at Rock Bottom is very good pub fare, the service was more like the level of fine dining - but very casual. This is a cool thing! The brewery flavor is woven throughout the menu (there are tasting portions lest you are not certain) and the bar scene with the first game of the World Series playing in surround-screen was lots of fun. Note - plan time to look for parking, lots tend to get full here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a non beer drinkermindianerVIPDined on 10/2/2013I like this place. My husband had beer, and I don't, but the food is good and the service efficient and friendly. It's typical pub fare, cooked well and generous portions. For instance, I had a BBQ chicken salad which was very tasty and my husband had a pretzel burger that he liked alot. He likes all the beer choices, and they have a serviceable wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer and FoodarcsynergyDined on 9/29/2013Very nice food offering with some very well made brews. Staff is friendly and a good place for groups and/or kids. Can be very noisy, especially if there is a game on (and there usually is), but well worth the tripSpecial Features:
- Our table was set for 10,hotchalkDined on 9/19/2013Our table was set for 10, but when we got there, we opted to add another table to give ourselves more space. The way they had set us up was so tight, we could barely move our arms. They should try to give more space to large parties to help with the comfort of one's dinning experience. Otherwise everything was great. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for meetingRngolferDined on 9/3/2013Great location for meeting friends for dinner. Outside seatings a pleasant setting esp.for big groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy little hot spotFerrignodaycareDined on 8/31/2013We enjoyed our outside patio dinning experience. Great ambiance, food was tasty and affordable. Casual Atmosphere made this a great little date night. We enjoyed their pizza and clam chowder. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish & ChipsRacquetballerDined on 8/18/2013The fish & chips were crispy, but cold on the inside. The Manager was extremely apologetic and comped the meal. Otherwise, everything was to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamburgers are great, themarkgVIPDined on 8/16/2013Hamburgers are great, the rest of their food Is marginal, but once you figure that out, its a nice place to visit.
- Great spot, friendly atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2013Food is excellent, drinks are good, and service is great too. Nice spot for gatherings or intimate dining.Special Features:
- Felt hurried....still eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2013Felt hurried....still eating salads when entrees brought out...the platoon serving system exacerbates this problem.
- Good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2013Rock Bottom was really great. Food was extremely good and the beer selection was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Several Beers :-(AlanGVIPDined on 6/11/2013Seems that I hit a night where there were out of one of the Stouts and another beer with no alternatives...too bad the restaurant in San Diego seems to be more "on top of their game" than this franchisee. Food was still good, service was ok...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013Six of us adults, and one child for a Saturday lunch. No waiting at all. The server was really flexible and helpful. The food is outstanding - fresh and delicious. Good beer too. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been betterfoodloverDined on 5/3/2013it must have been an off day, just did not feel right. food was good, service marginal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer Not FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/28/2013They have a good Beer sampler. However, the food is terrible and the service is soooooooo slow. Go for the beer...not the food.Special Features:
- Celebrated my Mother's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Celebrated my Mother's birthday at RBB. Everyone liked the food including the our vegan friend. Great service and food.Special Features:
- Generally speaking, I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2013Generally speaking, I have had good experiences at this location. Unfortunately, this particular time was a little below my normal experience. The service felt a little rushed as the main dishes arrived about 5 minutes after the salads did, thus not having enough time to actually eat much of the salad. The dressing was a little watery as well. Otherwise, the food was up to normal standards and as usual, fairly good. I'd usually give 4 stars, but this time they missed one.
- Great, easy bar & restaurantNCrisDined on 2/27/2013Had a great time meeting up with another couple for an easy mid-week double date here. Enjoyed their current seasonal beer along with some tasty food on the patio. We all felt that we got great portions and well prepared food for the price. Was it the best meal I've ever had? No. But we didn't expect it to be. Certainly higher quality than BJ's and they did not pressure us at all to hurry up as we enjoyed an almost 3 hour dinner (had a few rounds of drinks before ordering). Will definitely be back here again.Special Features:
- Food was great and host wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Food was great and host was very nice and atentive.Special Features:
- Solid lunch spotSFLady78Dined on 1/31/2013Rock Bottom serves good American pub food. Nothing extraordinary, but hearty food, prepared in a traditional style and with good service. Outdoor seating service is a little spotty at times, but most patio service is. A solid lunch spot - probably good for game watching, as well. I'd visit if in the immediate area, but nothing I'd drive for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Fare, Decent BeersnicknameVIPDined on 1/4/2013If in the mood for a house-made brew, this is a decent place. The beers we sampled were better than the beers at BJ's (which I find all too sweet). Unfortunately, they were out of the IPA and our waiter claimed that it would take them an hour to connect a new tap(!?). Service was very good for lunch, right tempo. Our group of four had: burger with blue cheese (cooked exactly as ordered and reportedly delicious), Apple Chicken Salad (boring and standard fare, with hard, dried apples and small amounts of chicken), Enchiladas (waaaay too much cheese sauce on the plate), and Avacado Chicken Sandwich (unfortunately-thin chicken breast, but it was cooked perfectly). As long as you expect standard fare, good choice when in the mood for a beer.
- Only issue with the serviceRoxanneVJoeDined on 12/30/2012Only issue with the service was that our entrees came out too soon after the appetizer -- a pet peeve of mine! The waitress was apologetic and we got a free dessert which made it better.
- A fun place for beer and goodmindianerVIPDined on 11/23/2012A fun place for beer and good American food. Nothing fancy, but tasty and plentiful. If you like beer, they always have a good selection of beers made on the premises. I had a delicious turkey meatloaf, and my husband enjoyed his burger.Special Features:
- Not too happy this time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012I love rock Bottom, especially on Tuesday nights for beer specials. But today I took my boss and several co-workers. The waiter we had was very slow throughout the meal even getting a check took a while. The resturant was not that busy for lunch so I would not expect it him to be as slow as you may find on a busy shift. The food was fair, which was dissapointing. Normally my food is good! maybe they have a new cook today? I believe Rock Bottom is a good place to go, but if I get this waiter again i will ask for a new server, this guy was bad!Special Features:
- Consistently Good but not much moreDisappointedDined on 11/13/2012The service was slow. The food was good, but not great. The value was about normal for the area. Good beer! It's not my favorite spot but I will return from time to time.
- Salmon was overdone, a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Salmon was overdone, a little tough. Rootbeer - outstanding... Service was every good; quick to respond, very pleasant. Noise level was a little much; but, hey I'm an old guy and I prefer a quiet meal.
- Had to wait for 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012Had to wait for 15 minutes past out reservation time. There were a bunch of people who were waiting at least an hour before us, but they still sat us first due to Open Table. I think that they had some angry customers because of this.Special Features:
- Try it!Relax1Dine2Dined on 10/29/2012The shrimp and lobster tacos are awesome! Beer sampler option is great if you are not sure what you want to have.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasAndrewVIPDined on 10/13/2012Food was good, service was good. Noise level was very high (hard to have a conversation without yelling).Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 15OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I made a reservation for 15 people, and though it took them a little while to set up our table (~15-20 min), we were provided a few munchies while we waited. This was also at prime dinner time (6:30pm). We ate outside, which was beautiful. The only downside was that there wasn't enough of those heater lamps to keep us all warm, so bring a sweater if you're going to be there after the sun sets. The food was very good and arrived together, which for 15 people is great service. The pretzel appetizers were great; everyone especially liked the sauce it came with. The bacon chicken mac and cheese was a favorite. The meat was overcooked a little, i.e. rare came out medium-rare and medium-rare came out medium. I recommend them for casual dining.
- GOOD FOOD...GOOD SERVICE...MADEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012GOOD FOOD...GOOD SERVICE...MADE A RESERVAITION ONLINE..NO WAITING...AWESOME
- This is a got to spot whenBobbyDined on 10/3/2012This is a got to spot when in the area. Good times. I'll holla...Special Features:
- Had the awesome Ballpark pretzels,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012Had the awesome Ballpark pretzels, which are our favourite menu item. Tried the "Grand Silver Paloma", one of their new cocktails and ended up sending it back for a beer (there was a new bartender). It was noisy, because of the game, but the service was great and the food was great.Special Features: