Rock Bottom Brewery - San Diego
401 G Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Brewery - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/san-diego
- Phone: 6192317000
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily at 11:30am Dinner served until at least Midnight nightly!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Rock Bottom San Diego - Two private rooms, Two semi-private rooms available for your special event! We can accommodate groups of 500+!
- Private Party Contact: Heather Ryan 8883492912
- Entertainment: We have occasional live bands and DJs for holiday events and private groups.
- Special Events: We offer the best banquet space in the Gaslamp! Our private dining areas are available for your group of up to 518 people.
A word from Rock Bottom Brewery - San Diego
Rock Bottom is an exciting, lively restaurant and brewery featuring an eclectic menu at an affordable price. The service is friendly and energetic. Quality ingredients, talent, passion and innovation work hand in hand to bring fresh handcrafted beers with distinctive flavor from our on-site brewery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom Brewery - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
- Rock Bottom Brewery - gaslampLauraDined on 10/5/2013I made reservations for a party of 7. A group of us ate here prior to attending A Salute to Teachers. It was a relaxing atmosphere and also upbeat. The food was very good too. A great time was enjoyed by all! I would definitely recommend this place to others and will go again when I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were down at Gaslamp, andjennypDined on 9/28/2013We were down at Gaslamp, and that one closes in a week. That is the only reason I wouldn't recommend it to a friend. However, we are very fond of Rock Bottom in La Jolla.Special Features:
- After a ball gameCAYanksFanDined on 9/21/2013We decided to go after a Padres vs Dodgers game on the way back to our hotel. The place was busy with fans of both teams which certainly added to the energy and noise level. Our waitress was excellent and the food was good for bar fare. The highlight of Rock Bottom is their craft beer. My son and his wife were familiar with Rock Bottom from living in the D.C. area where they went often enough to have a name plate on the keg display there. Because I'd never been I would have liked to have seen the ability to order a flight or sampler of their craft beers. Perhaps you could and I missed it on the menu. Overall I would recommend Rock Bottom to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up.SteveODined on 8/24/2013Outstanding food and great service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce family atmosphereRossi8Dined on 8/3/2013Looking for a casual place to take the family then look no further than Rock Bottom. Good menu with good pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bar foodJmillyoDined on 7/20/2013Everyone at my table had a different type of burger. Everyone thought the burgers were tasty although they were huge patties. The dessert portions were huge as well but good. I would come back here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious late night mealFoodLuvRDined on 7/19/2013My husband and I decided to stop in for a late night meal and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious. I had the chicken and avocado sandwich and my husband had the fish and chips. The chicken was perfect cooked, it was moist and juicy topped with cheese and avocado. The fish and chips were to die for; it was battered and fried with a crisp coating while still remaining moist and flaky. In not sure what type of white fish is was however it was firm and tender all at the same time. My favorite was the dipping sauce for the fish which I was more than willing to help my hubby sample. I always have really good meals at Rock Bottom Brewery although I must say this has been my favorite.Special Features:
- Great place!!ceceDined on 5/25/2013Recently went to rock bottom for my birthday. Had a small group and never been there before, but absolutely loved it!! Everyone from the hostess to the servers were very nice, and the food was great!! Drinks were pretty good and the overall feel of the restaurant was wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are OK,seanc623VIPDined on 4/15/2013The food and service are OK, but one of my pet peeves is the beverage service. I've been here several times and this is the only restaurant I know that doesn't include a lemon wedge with the iced tea. I have to ask for it every time, and it's annoying.
- Great for a group with a relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2013Great for a group with a relaxed atmosphere and good food.Special Features:
- Great food! I had their BlackendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great food! I had their Blackend Mac & Cheese Shrimp, perfect! The beer sampler is also a great deal $6 for 6 samples. Our waiter also provided great service. I recommend this place over the Yard House just because of the service.Special Features:
- Great food. Reasonable pricingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013food was good. Original location made beers were awesome.. Definately worth goingSpecial Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013Service was great for our party of 7 witha 5 months old...waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- Energetic, fun place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We had a group of 10 during St. Patty's weekend, a busy night for the gaslamp but our server was energetic and accommodating when different couples in our group showed up late because of traffic and parking. It was our first time eating there and everyone seemed very pleased with their meals. The appetizer nachos are fabulous! As a vegetarian I was happy to see that there were plenty of options to choose from without asking for everything to be modified. All of the burgers and steaks that my friends had were cooked well, juicy and prepared as asked. We celebrated my husband's birthday with dinner before going out and the prices were reasonable, even the drinks. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- The food and service are alwaysseanc623VIPDined on 2/12/2013The food and service are always great here. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Our server, Brianna, was great.seanc623VIPDined on 12/18/2012Our server, Brianna, was great. Very helpful and attentive. Give her a raise!Special Features:
- Should have been betterHighamVIPDined on 11/20/2012Our local Rock Bottom Brewery is well designed and serves great food. Unfortunately, this restaurant doesn't. The atmosphere is gloomy and old. My ribs were dry and dull. Nothing worked. Sorry...Special Features:
- Great place for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012Our server was fantastic, food was served very quickly, and we even got free beer samples. A very friendly and relaxing environment.Special Features:
- My family and I were on vacationRaider65Dined on 8/2/2012My family and I were on vacation and this was a great place to eat.Special Features:
- It is what it is -- anyoneIMuHVIPDined on 7/29/2012It is what it is -- anyone going here for gourmet "fine dining" will be disappointed, but if you're after decent beer and adequate pub food at fair prices, with mostly enthusiastic and competent servers, Rock Bottoms are always a good bet.
- Way too noisy. Room too hot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Way too noisy. Room too hot. We were seated in a small room with too many people and not enough ventilation. Server was very good, but overworked. We had trouble getting water glasses refilled. Appetizer arrived at same time as dinner, and it was cold. Too many other choices downtown, so I will not return.
- Don't go here during busyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2012Don't go here during busy weekends or convention times - they won't honor a reservation time slot.
- Great food, great beer. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012Great food, great beer. I keep going back to Rock Bottom to see what the brewers have on tap. The house beers never disappoint. The food is tasty comfort food. The only minus is the noise level in the evening. Happy people in the bar get pretty loud and it can be difficult to talk with your dinner partners.Special Features:
- Service was great, friendlytinkerv23Dined on 7/11/2012Service was great, friendly and responsive. Food was good and apps were perfect - great for sharing.Special Features:
- Bad service good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2012Waiter was too busy to pay attention to us but otherwise the food was great.Special Features:
- We reassured that all of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012We reassured that all of the food was the best, regardless of what we selected. According to our waiter, everything was a "favorite."The food was subpar, but our waiter was friendly.
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012The food was good, but the drinks were not particularly tasty. A bit pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- This was my first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012This was my first time here and it was AMAZING. We had an awesome server that made sure our drinks never went empty. I had an issue with my food but they were very quick to fix it. Highly recommend!!
- A pleasant bar/pub offeringChris53835Dined on 3/11/2012A pleasant bar/pub offering top self booze in the well, and decent food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Get your act together!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/17/2012Our waitress was attentive (at first) and friendly, but the food took an extremely long time to arrive. It was close to an hour. Our order was chicken fingers for our son, a chicken ceasar salad for my wife and I had ordered the fish tacos. They supposedly burned the fish and had to start the order over again, so the waitress brought us a plate of fries to munch on in the meantime. The sad part was, when the tacos arrived, they weren't very good. I felt terrible for the waitress, she was good, but really fell short when it came to keeping us in the loop. I can't tell you how many times we wondered what happened to our food.Special Features:
- Good BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2012Good spot for beer and a burger. Feels like a local brew pub even though it is a small chain. I was very happy with their hefeweizen, which always brings back memories of nights out in Munich.Special Features:
- Really fun place. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2012Really fun place. Food was of high quality (especially for the price point). Service was friendly. A solid choice for a casual meal.Special Features:
- Service was great, staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012Service was great, staff was very friendly. Beer selection is good. Great place for 'Happy Hour'.Special Features:
- took way too long for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/19/2011took way too long for our food and my dinner slad didn't come until the rest of the meal. The food was very good though.Special Features:
- Food was OK and slow to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/17/2011Food was OK and slow to come out. Waiter was friendly.
- The beer was good, the food2weaselsVIPDined on 10/28/2011The beer was good, the food was okay. The vibe was offbeat but probably a fun place if you go with a bunch of friends. The waiter recommended the lobster tacos which were good but the sides were not so good.Special Features:
- This place was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011This place was fantastic and the waiter that assisted us was great.Special Features:
- This was a very good finddbdisokDined on 10/21/2011This was a very good find in the Gas Lamp area of San Diego. The Octoberfest beer was very good. The food and service was great! When I visit San Diego again I will go to the Rock Bottom Brewery A hint, park at the Horton Plaza Mall. They give 3 hours validated parking without any purchase.Special Features:
- Great food...really enjoyedAndyVIPDined on 10/15/2011Great food...really enjoyed the crab dip app! Our server was VERY good. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Rock Bottom for LunchTracyAWillisDined on 8/5/2011If looking for a delicious meal at an affordable price and a moderate crowd, dine at Rock Bottom between 3pm and 5pm. It's great for unwinding before the hustle and bustle of Gaslamp night life.Special Features: