Rock Bottom Brewery - Milwaukee
740 N Plankinton Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Brewery - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/milwaukee
- Phone: 4142763030
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Serving Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:00am Happy Hour Specials: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Shawn Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery can offer your group a casual dining experience in a comfortable, entertaining atmosphere. All designed around a working brewery, Rock Bottom is the perfect place to host your group's next get together. Contact: Whitney Henningfield Telephone: (414) 276-3030 Fax: (414) 276-8010 Voice Mail: (414) 318-3988
- Entertainment: Team Trivia every Thursday!
A word from Rock Bottom Brewery - Milwaukee
Welcome to Milwaukee's premiere Brewpub located on the scenic Downtown Riverwalk. Join us for our Ponzu Salmon, Texas Fire Steak, Bourbonzola Burger, or Jambalaya along with some of our fresh handcrafted brews made by our own Brewmaster, David Bass. Rock Bottom Brewery serves up an ever changing menu with something for everyone. Whether you want to enjoy the day on our scenic patio, visit before a show at one of the local theaters, or simply catch a game ... Rock Bottom Brewery is simply the best choice for enjoying all that is "Brew City".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rock Bottom Brewery - Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Rock Bottom Brewery - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (12)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Food good/Service not so goodJaysDined on 7/28/2014We were seated promptly according to our reservation. The service however was slow. It took about 15 minutes to get our drinks....a little unusual since this is a brewery.....an hour to get our dinners. A long wait for our 3 grandkids. Had to remind our waiter a second time to get the promised birthday dessert for my wife. Food was good/typical pub food. The apple coleslaw did not have any apples in it as described. The menus were out of date....none of the beers listed were available.
- DisappointmentTryitDined on 6/26/2014The server was great but the food was a disappointment. We both had the seafood tacos. The shells seemed to have been fried in oil that was not hot enough as they had absorbed a too much oil. The fish tacos had an OK flavor but the shrimp and lobster tacos were so strong with a fishy smell that I could not finish them. I wouldn't do that again.Special Features:
- nice by the riverfoodieDined on 6/19/2014Great outdoor ambiance on the riverfront = free entertainment Food is excellent, went there twice in one weekSpecial Features:
- Returned visitFoodieVIPDined on 6/11/2014Took advantage of the Downtown Dining Week. The sangria was very good - my companion ordered a dirty martini that wasn't to her taste. She ordered a house beer and liked that better - maybe it's more of a beer bar than a mixed drink bar. Had the salmon which I thought was a bit dry - my companion had a burger and loved it. Brownie for dessert - same as salmon - a bit dry. All in all, would come back again and try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- not seated in the bar areaMrsWhyDined on 6/10/2014Our table was in the area to the right - when facing the hostess table. There's nothing special about it, at all. It wasn't bad, but wasn't good either.
- foodloverVIPDined on 6/10/2014beer list was out of date -- went here because its close to Riverside theater. It was ok, but not memorable. It's a great location, but need to step it up for me to returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Downtown OptionBatobusDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I had eaten at Rock Bottom several times a few years ago but hadn't been back in a while. Decided to take advantage of Downtown Dining week and go back to the restaurant. The food was pretty good, table (booth) was nice and service was very good. Our waitress was very personable and helpful. Overall the experience was good. While we didn't choose from the regular menu, it is fairly extensive. Good all-around choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceValue2goDined on 6/5/2014We had an excellent experience with good food, plenty of it, and good service.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceJennaDined on 5/20/2014Rock bottom has the best nachos! So good, you can have them as a meal or an appetizer. They have a good menu, burgers are delicious and sandwiches are delicious. My boyfriend loves the 2am Burger, one huge reason we keep going back. They also have a rewards program which gives you money back after so many points from dining there. They have great service and very friendly. I recommend making a reservation if you plan to go though. The place fills up quickly being located downtown. The wait for two people can easily be an hour and a half and reservations fill up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & BEER!MexicanaddictVIPDined on 5/19/2014Perfect spot to catch and beer and a bite and the game. The nachos were the best around and highly recommended and also try the beer flight cause no one ever knows which beer to choose, this way you get to try 6 of them!Special Features:
- The following 377 reviews are from the Rock Bottom Brewery - Milwaukee reviews archive.
- Outstanding ServiceSooner4040Dined on 4/30/2014Sorry to say now a days, good service is not only hard to find, it is almost non existent. Except here! Our server was just fantastic, so much so, we commented about it several times at our table. Congrats!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Our server was wonderful and the food was very good. Especially fun place to go during the summer, when you can sit outside.Special Features:
- Dinner before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/15/2014Us three ladies stopped in before a show at the Riverside. Good thing we had a reservation. Place was very crowded. The waitress was great. Sh told us of the delay in our drinks. The food was very good but I felt it was a little less than previous times I have been there. Maybe due to the large crowd, many of which were going to the same show. Overall great place and wonderful food. Will be back again for sure.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Made a reservation and called to change the time once the day arrived and they didn't change the time when we arrived to the restaurant. They told us we were late, but I had told them I called in to change and they said it was never changed. Well, despite that, they quickly found us a table and was right on it! We were happy with our food, drinks, and service and would probably be back next time we are in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- My ExperienceDonnaleinDined on 3/31/2014Wanted to take my Mom and a small group of us out to lunch "downtown" for her 76th Birthday. I picked Rock Bottom Brewery. Very nice restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere, an awesome view of the Milwaukee River and downtown which was exactly what I wanted! We ordered appetizers (Southwest Egg Rolls and Cheese Curds) and had the soup de jour, burgers, salad, chicken, pulled pork and Mac N Cheese. We tasted each others food and it was all outstanding! Service was impeccable. The host was so happy to see us when we walked in even though we've never met and I thought that was awesome. Our server was very friendly, very informative on the menu and gave us outstanding service. Our party of 6 each agreed that we're coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MickDined on 3/30/2014We met for a family birthday, we had a large group. Everything was ready for us. Our server was very helpful and friendly. We had such a great time. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. I think it would be great for individuals, families, all sorts of groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent DinnerSteveDined on 3/16/2014Food was good but not amazing. Ribs were decent. Fries were not that great. The green beans were excellent. Carrot cake is really good and huge for two people.Special Features:
- Good BreweryShariDined on 3/16/2014I love visiting breweries and their IPA along with the Rueben and Habanero Shrimp were very good!Special Features:
- great placeisardasDined on 3/6/2014Great service. Good quality food. Great brewery. The staff are top notch. Thanks for making this family outing with my kids and their playmates so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Head ToddLynyrdDined on 3/6/2014Had an awesome day at the Brewery with Big Head Todd and the Monsters before their show at Turner Hall......legendary day....the band played 4 songs....gave away some merch and answered crowd questions......they are a bunch of great guys, including Ronnie Baker Brooks and Hazel Miller......if you invite them....we will come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedianaDined on 2/25/2014had a great time with family and friends. Food was wonderful, service was very good. Only complaint would be that it took a while for the server to come back to our table to replenish drinks.Special Features:
- What a blast!sparklinglife34Dined on 2/13/2014I brought a group of voice actors who were guests at a convention nearby to RBB. The response from them was absolutely overwhelming. They had a great time, and they absolutely enjoyed the food! Most of them were from LA and Texas, so having the Wisconsin-based foods like the cheese curds and the in-house beer was incredible for them. They had such a great time, that the next night we all went back for some more! Thank you for showing us all a wonderful time, I'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is great forGoodFoodRocksDined on 1/29/2014This restaurant is great for dinning in the summer and winter for intimate dinning or in large groups. The food menu has a good variety, prices are descent, with great brew choices. Street tacos are delicious. The only downside is that the service staff seems to lose quality when serving larger groups. However, I will return without a doubt.Special Features:
- I changed reservations severalroachDined on 12/30/2013I changed reservations several times and it was easy. My only compliant was lack of parking. Below freezing temperatures and some had to park on their own 2 blocks away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve LunchHaleyDined on 12/24/2013My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to get lunch on Christmas Eve, so we chose Rock Bottom. We made a reservation but it was pretty empty and we were seated right away. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich (which was wonderful) and my boyfriend got the bourbon-zola burger (which was also great). My fries were a little dry but the sandwich made up for it. My boyfriend also ordered the 6-beer sampler. Our server Adam was so great at recommending beers for him. He even brought him another beer he thought my bf would enjoy! When we ordered dessert, Adam brought my bf another beer sample he thought would complement the dessert. Adam definitely made the experience and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relax and haveLindaDined on 12/18/2013Great place to relax and have fun after a long business meeting.Special Features:
- birthday funRebaDined on 12/15/2013We were there celebrating a birthday. It was really crowded and loud. The Packers were playing so everyone wad energetic. We waited longer than our reservation, but when we were seated, or foods was good, service was good and we had fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Play PerfectAlphieDined on 12/7/2013The Open Table reservation special instructions were honored so we had a great view of the river and surrounding area. We were allowed to take our time and enjoyed drinks and the deliciously rich artichoke and crab dip...probably the best we've ever had. Our table enjoyed sirloin steak, ribeye steak and meatloaf (slightly spicy and good). The steaks were cooked to order and were accompanied by good mashed potatoes and steamed summer squash and zucchini...excellent. The only drawback was that we were in the mood for an ice cream after dinner drink and these were not offered at Rock Bottom. Otherwise, everything was wonderful and we'll definitely be back. Parking was easy by using the lot north of the restaurant and cost $1.00...a bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Theater DiningJzardinesoutDined on 12/1/2013Just a short walk across the bridge from the Pabst Theater, this was a good choice for every member of our party. Large menu with plenty of choices for any taste. Reasonable prices and a nice view of the river walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/serviceDaveDined on 11/15/2013The meals we had were excellent. Large portions. The IPA was also very tasty. Our servers were prompt and efficient.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebration!TammyDined on 11/5/2013It was my husband's birthday and your staff did a great job of bringing a delicious dessert to celebrate the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before concert mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2013Service excellent provide samples of beer for us to try. My wife had a burger and stated it was very good. I had a hemp crust veggie pizza that tasted excellent but crust was soggy and greasy. The parchment paper it was served on was sitting in oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat before a showQuarklopDined on 10/29/2013Food is good, the beer, which they make themselves, is excellent, and the Milwaukee location is very conveniently located as a place to eat before going to the Riverside Theater. It was much busier than I expected for a Tuesday night. Definitely make a reservation if you're on a schedule. If you didn't make a reservation, you can wait at the bar for a table, and they have an excellent selection of quality beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure you have reservations!CherylDined on 10/19/2013Luckily we had reservations on Saturday 10/19/2013 or we would of had to wait two hours. The food was outstanding however not much on the plate for the price. I ordered the sirloin which came with mashed potatoes and veggies.....that's it. No salad, bread, soup, nothing. So for the price, I didn't think it was worth it. Would I go back......just for a drink but not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock BottomPantsParty69Dined on 10/17/2013Ask for the back room by the river...you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milwaukee ExperienceBrooklynMikeDined on 10/13/2013Was on a college visit and had a great time at Rock Brewery on Sunday evening...Server was fine...but the beer was terrific and the food was very Milwaukee authentic...meat, cheese and beer! I requested a view of the river and they had a great table with a great view that improved as the sun went down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what's the point of reservationsnikipDined on 10/12/2013We had reservations for 6pm for 10 people (including 6 kids under 10) and were finally sat at 6:45pm. We were told the table they were "waiting" for were still there. So, I understand they can't kick someone out but how about putting some other tables together??? And what we got out of it is some french fries and fruit when we were sat.Special Features:
- perfect fitluvmeyumyumsDined on 10/12/2013Rock Bottom Brewery is located in the middle of Rep, Pabst and Riverside theaters. So it's very convenient if your going to a show, as we were. The food was great. Baby Brat appetizer(a must have), 2 a.m. burger (husband), fish and chips(me), and carrot cake for two. Everything was super delicious except the carrot cake. It was very dry and stale. Not good. Atmosphere was good. The Long Island Ice Tea was great. Strawberry Margarita was okay. Service was a little lacking. Shouldn't have, 4:30 and not busy. When she came to collect the check was odd. She picked up the binder and asked if it was credit. Said no. Then she asked if we wanted the change back. Just take the binder, do the work. Return the card/cash. don't ask. Rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad our server had to work ....alcokaVIPDined on 10/12/2013....because it was obvious that she didn't want to be there....or didn't want to talk to people. We sat a long time with no server, as we watched her slowly clearing a table nearby. The place was not crowded..that could have waited. As a manager started walking the aisle, she stopped clearing, came to our table, and said, "what are you having to drink?" No welcome, no mention of the specials, just the question. 1 beer, 1 iced tea, 1 soda, and 1 water took another 10 minutes. Iced tea had no ice....I asked for a glass of ice...that wasn't delivered until after our food was. And the food is always good here...we've been here before.. A great place for the family before or after downtown activities.Special Features:
- Great pre-show meal!zkespaDined on 10/10/2013We dined at Rock Bottom before a show at the nearby Riverside Theatre. The menu is broad, with great sandwiches, burgers, entrees, pizzas, and salads for everyone. A great pick for a night out with a diverse group of diners.Special Features: