Rock Bottom Brewery - Indianapolis
10 West Washington
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Brewery - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/DisplayLocationRBR.php?F
- Phone: 3176818180
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Victor Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, is the perfect place for your next function . We can provide your group a casual experience in a comfortable entertaining atmosphere with a variety of unique food & ambiance possibilities - whether you are planning a corporate function, holiday party, rehearsal dinner, cocktail reception, meeting or reunion. We can entertain parties up to 500 and cater to your every need. Please contact us at (317)681-8180 or email email@example.com and let the professional staff staff at Rock Bottom make your next event unique and memorable.
- Entertainment: Rock Bottom offers many forms of entertainment. We have pool tables, a video game system and even offer live music on certain occasions.
- Cross Street: Washington Street and Meridian Street
- Public Transit: Public buses have several stops within blocks of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is sometimes available at street level. We are directly across from The Circle Center Mall parking garage and within a few blocks of 4 public parking lots.
A word from Rock Bottom Brewery - Indianapolis
Rock Bottom is an exciting, lively restaurant and brewery featuring an eclectic menu at an affordable price. The service is friendly and energetic. Quality ingredients, talent, passion and innovation work hand in hand to bring fresh handcrafted beers with distinctive flavor from our on-site brewery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Rock Bottom Brewery - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Rock Bottom Brewery - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)hot spot (10)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)romantic (1)Show More
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to The Rock Bottom Brewery and I can't wait to return! My husband had the burbonzola burger and I had the laredo burger, both of which were fantastic. The beer selection was also great, the red ale in particular being our favorite. Our server did a great job. She was friendly and very helpful in recommending different menu selections as we had never eaten here before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We were soaking wet when we arrived. The hostess greeted us and provided us with a cotton napkin to dry off. The waitress was prompt in bringing us libations and food menus. The staff was friendly, timely in their delivery of food, and humorous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014Greeted by someone who clearly did not want to be there. Appetizer and one of our salads were delivered at the same time - the other salad never arrived. 3 minutes later, entrées arrived, with no room on the table for all of the plates. Multiple issues with reservation. Manager didn't seem to care much when we asked to speak with him. We had stopped coming here after the food quality degraded when they were acquired, but decided to give it a shot with Devour Downtown. The food quality is up significantly, sadly that has been balanced out by the service.
- We will be back!Jenny5807Dined on 8/20/2014My mother and I visited Rock Bottom during the Devour Downtown specials. It has a wonderful downtown location. We went at 6:30 p.m. so it may be different later but we experienced quick seating and fast service. The food was exceptionally yummy and the servings were very generous. I will definitely be visiting this restaurant again.Special Features:
- wonderful eats found hereTaggsDined on 8/15/2014Our group of 5 had dinner here. All our meals were delicious. Our waiter was efficient and accurate. No problem giving us separate cheques. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside at Rock BottomHusbandAchefsoIamSpoiledDined on 8/7/2014I had made reservations for inside,we arrived and saw tables outside perfect night to sit outside. No problem, we were seated right away. The waitress was super and did not rush us out at all. The guys enjoyed their beers. We all ordered the lobster and shrimp tacos with rice and black beans. The rice was moist and the beans were tasty, both seasoned nicely. The taco had a hard shell inside/soft shell outside that I found unneccesary. Would have preferred being asked soft or hard shell. The filling was delicious but very skimpy could hardly find any lobster,more shell than stuffing. We had to ask for a side of guacamole. That helped fill out the dish, I would suggest adding it to the side of that dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice update to the restaurantChefkenVIPDined on 8/6/2014I made reservations to meet friends for lunch at the newly redecorated restauarant. Service and noise levels were good for meeting lunch time schedules and allowing for conversation. However, I must admit that my selection of the 2 a.m. burger was rather bland and the hash browns were very oily....not good for a sandwich. My friends seemed to like their meals though, so I chalk my average ratings up to their lunch choices instead of mine.
- Terrible service, 2 and 1/2 hr waitlarrylove1Dined on 7/11/2014Terrible service. System crashed in the kitchen and waited 2 1/2 hours for the meal to arrive. Manager did not come out until after 2 hrs of waiting but gave us 50 % off of our bill. Do not recommend this restaurant to anyone and should be taken out of OpenTable selection.
- Not a good experienceMoleheadDined on 6/28/2014Having lived in Colorado a being a frequent Rock Bottom patron, I was looking forward to eating here during my recent trip to Indy. Very simply, our server was very bad. Had to go find someone to attend to use after we were seated, after sitting there for about 10 minutes. Almost this entire time, our server was a few tables away, chatting with the patrons. Once he did come to our table, things were simply slow - drink order, food. So we finish our meal and are sitting there with dirty plates and empty glasses for what I would estimate was another 10 minutes. Much of this time, there's our server again, almost close enough to touch, chatting away with another table. I finally had to get up and go ask him to bring our bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014All in all it was very good experience. It was good service was very good and the selection of beers was very good also.Special Features:
- Solid choiceJoshDined on 5/28/2014Excellent service really put this over to top for me. The food was good enough to come back to try something different on the fairly large menu. We are not from the area but look forward to the next opportunity we have to stop back in. Wish I could remember the server's name because he was fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2014The best place to eat in Indy. I love the Texas Fire steak. When you go there you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, good beersJcaseDined on 5/24/2014It was a great experience as always. The only problem was they seem to have forgotten to make one of the entrees for the table. One of the 7 of us waited until the rest of us were almost done eating before they were served. It was Indy500 weekend, so the place was packed and without a reservation, I'm not sure we'd have been seated. We were seated as soon as we came in with a somewhat large party though, so that was nice. I always eat here when I'm in town and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Night outFerg3524Dined on 5/14/2014Our sister-in-law bought a 'night out' for us. Great that the restaurant let her make the reservations and then use her card information to pay for the dinner. Great atmosphere and delicious beer selection. The waitress was friendly however it took well over 10 minutes for us to get our drinks. The waitress was a little 'too talkative' about her life stories, as well. Made it a little difficult to enjoy "us time".Special Features:
- Our reviewDeliciousEateryDined on 5/10/2014Our waitress was a little forgetful and we all felt very rushed because she wouldn't let us take a moment and talk to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for attending IRTTopshotDined on 5/9/2014We were somewhat celebrating our anniversary (a few days late), and decided to try this before heading to the show at IRT a couple blocks away. Beer and food were very good (though my chicken breast wasn't as moist as I'd prefer) and the service was pretty good. We'll definitely come back. We also had a couple more beers at the College Park location (near our hotel) after the show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Had the nachos, Classic Mac n Cheese, and the Catcher in the Rye. All excellent.
- Seafood in Indiana???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014The shrimp and lobster tacos were excellent, not overcooked, not overly spicy the flavors were allowed to be. Margaritas could have been a little stronger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 234 reviews are from the Rock Bottom Brewery - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- As always GreatPartyof6Dined on 5/1/2014Been here for both business and pleasure and always love the atmoshpere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our night out during our NRA trip. It was a beautiful restaraunt. Our waitress was helpful, but forgot about us toward the end of the night. We loved the food, the atmosphere and the charm of the restaraunt .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better places in Downtown IndyBevoDined on 4/19/2014Food was good but service has a lot to be . We ordered appetizers . They were served to us without any silverware or plates or napkins. When our napkins showed up they were the bar napkins you put under drinks. Really? By the time our silverware showed up our appetizers were cold. Eat somewhere else.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014My husband and I, along with another couple, dined here before a recent Pacers playoff game. It was a beautiful Saturday evening, and we ate outside. The entire experience was enjoyable, from the service to the food to the atmosphere. We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014The food is great, and we love the quiet environment. Just hope the service can be faster.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate lunch at Rock Bottom.CuriousGeorgeDined on 4/14/2014We ate lunch at Rock Bottom. Service was extremely poor. I had to ask three times for bacon for my burger which I ordered in the first place. I was served mac & cheese, and I have ordered onion rings. Salads came with no dressing on the side as ordered. Food was just okay. My burger was overcooked, however. No accommodation was made for sharing our checks, as other restaurants usually make. I won't go back when I have so many other good options. To top off all of that, our waitress was very phony.
- When I am in Indy, RockbottomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014When I am in Indy, Rockbottom is on my list to visit. Never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodWJK82Dined on 4/10/2014Good standard restaurant. Nothing that makes it stand out, but would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Catching UpPartyof6Dined on 3/27/2014Service was outstanding. We had Kyle and he made sure our service and food were top notch. Could not have asked for a better night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the bottomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014A nice pub environment. Food was first rate. Had the ribs they were fall off the bone tender. The crab artichoke dip was amazing.would go back for sureSpecial Features:
- excellenttturnerDined on 2/15/2014We had a fantastic time and a wonderful server! We ate the best chicken nachos! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- refreshingSpunkyDined on 2/14/2014Loved Rockbottom, we had an 815 online reservation on 2-14, good service, good food, loved the beer tasting for 6.00 and would definitely recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We fell in love with the 2am burger. It was so good! We have already recommended it to several people. Our service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best eats and great beer, too!LilamadisonVIPDined on 2/14/2014Rock Bottom is consistently the best downtown place of its type...they have nice meals, a "something for everyone" menu with plenty of choices always. I love the soups (the onion and clam chowder are the best of the batch) and I always enjoy the burgers as well. Some great lunch specials are also worth considering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!HappygirlDined on 2/9/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Rock Bottom Brewery. Our beers were delicious (I got a stout and he got a red ale). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Bottom Fills the BillBigbeefloverVIPDined on 1/22/2014We dined at Rock Bottom Brewery during Devour Downtown, an event where restaurants serve complete meals for special prices for 2 weeks. Rock Bottom's was Dinner for 2 for $30. You would think the meals would be smaller and not very filling, but we had a variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts to select from. I had a good size salad, chicken breast with mashed potatoes, a side of cole slaw. Dessert was also included to be shared by 2 people, so we selected the carrot cake, and were surprised to see a pretty good size slice of cake. The food was all very good, very hot, and filling, so you did not go away hungry. It's nice to try places to find ones you will return to at a later date, and Rock Bottom falls into this category.Special Features:
- Skip it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/1/2014I've only had one other dining experience that was this awful! The food was the only redeeming quality. The manager was so rude when we first came in that I almost took our business elsewhere. He was pretty visibly annoyed (and hung over) when we came in the middle of the day for a late lunch. Our server was alright, but we had long wait times between visits. My cocktail was not made as advertised, and I told my server. She checked with the bartender, who insisted that they had made the drink correctly, but I've drank enough to know what I'm tasting and when it doesn't match up with the description. She offered to comp my drink, but I refused, not wanting to make a huge deal. Overall: the food is good, but I'm definitely not returning.
- Food was cold, wouldn't allowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Food was cold, wouldn't allow you to take off unwanted ingredients on food, waitress was extremely slow.
- Dinner with Friends New Years EveNavigatorDined on 12/31/2013We went to the Pacers game & selected Rock Bottom because of where it was located in relationship to Bankers Life & our hotel. It turned out to be the perfect fit for our evening out. Good Food, Good Service and a very pleasant dining experience. I would recommend it to anyone! I had eaten there several times before for lunch with my wife & son & expected it to be good & it was very good. We had not been there for dinner previously but will definitely do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so hotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Told waiter that i wanted the fish tacos. They were extremely spicy. Waiter said that he would tell the chef that I don't want ANY spiceyness at all. After everyone in my party of seven had eaten and was ready to go, i received the steak tacos sitting in a pool of green spicey sauce. I ate one tiny nugget of steak off of one the tacos, and yes, still spicey. I felt bad when the waiter kept stating that the chef told him that it wasn't spicey. I told him it was, and he had to keep saying that it is not what the chef said. I felt uncomfortable in front of the rest of the party. The waiter then stuck his finger in my dish and stated that it didn't taste spicey to him, but he would take it off my bill. I left hungry.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve funglmybjltDined on 12/31/2013We decided to try Rock Bottom for our New Year's Eve dinner. We couldn't have made a better choice. Service was great - Leslie was our server and she was fantastic! The drinks, appetizers and dinner were wonderful. We will plan another trip there soon. The ambience was perfect with noise level at a minimum so we were able to carry on a conversation at our table without having to shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveDustinDined on 12/31/2013Had dinner with friends for NYE & had a great experience. Good food and drinks made for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.