Rock Bottom Brewery - Denver
1001 16th St.
Denver, CO 80265Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Brewery - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rockbottom.com/Denver-Downtown
- Phone: 3035347616
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Are you looking for a great place to have a gathering while you’re in Denver? Or perhaps you live and love the mile high city, but are looking for a fantastic place to host your rehearsal dinner, office party, alumni game day bash or reunion? Rock Bottom is the place where great food, handcrafted beer, amazing service and Denver's atmosphere all come together for the ideal gathering. Contact our Banquet Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303)534-1830 to book your party today!
A word from Rock Bottom Brewery - Denver
Rock Bottom is an exciting, lively restaurant and brewery featuring an eclectic menu at an affordable price. The service is friendly and energetic. Quality ingredients, talent, passion and innovation work hand in hand to bring fresh handcrafted beers with distinctive flavor from our on-site brewery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom Brewery - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014We have eaten at Rock Bottom numerous times and there are a number of reasons we enjoy dining here. First the staff is always friendly, attentive and on top of things, second the menu is diverse and the food tasty and finally the location downtown is fantastic. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I had a very good time at the rock bottom brewery. My boyfriends food was fantastic (bourbon glazed salmon) mine wasn't anything special but had good portions and I loved the beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So...mkemmDined on 8/23/2014Although it was great to be seated immediately because of our reservation, our server didn't seem too excited to be there, the atmosphere was weird because of a football game, and nothing about this visit felt special or extraordinary.
- Good FoodPregomamaDined on 8/22/2014They had amazing burgers. Then our waitress recommend the doughnut holes over the browse and it was delicious. Definitely will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayboyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was good but service a little slow. It was a crowded Saturday evening but seemed like they needed more staff. Saw others looking for their waiter to pay or get drink refills also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JpallasDined on 8/15/2014The Rock Bottom Brewery had wonderful food and service! The guacamole and homemade chips were delicious and the brew house chicken was so good...I cleared my plate and I can't remember the last time I did that at a restaurant. Would recommend in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening at RBBOrexiDined on 8/12/2014We had a group of 11 work folks and we were able to secure a late reservation when Walmart was in town, smothering the city. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The restaurant is nice inside. A little dark but not too much so. Our waiter was new and although a little slow, did his best to make 10 people happy. The appetizers were basic and good. The main course was tasty, although some folks felt that their meal was not exactly what they ordered. It was a busy night. Overall, a good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesCajunFishDined on 8/7/2014Great atmosphere.....awesome food with service just as good!! Three nights in a row says it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to meet for lunchGeofDined on 8/6/2014Our table was ready when we arrived and we were set up in an area where we had plenty of room and we could visit and enjoy the lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family ReunionBirdiegirlDined on 7/23/2014We met some family that was in from out of town at Rock Bottom on a Wednesday night. We didn't want to go to any of the trendy downtown spots since there were 8 of us and 3 were kids. Rock Bottom had the perfect setting for the kids to be able to play amongst each other and not really bother anyone else. The service was terrific and the food was delicious as always. We stayed quite a long time catching up and never felt like they were trying to get rid of us. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureUrbanGirlDined on 7/11/2014I have been eating here for on and off, 7years. I have yet to be disappointed. Smiling faces, great food, excellent brews (and tasty Root beer). The online reservation was very handy too.Special Features:
- Great beerDavidDined on 7/9/2014If you happen to stop by when they are tapping a new beer you'll get a free sample. Good food, crowd, and drinks. Perfect for a happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent service and great food! We had a large group and our experience couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service suckedWhycookwhenicaneatoutDined on 7/5/2014We made a res which was much later than we wanted to go which was the 1st avail.They werent busy when we got there so there was no need for the res. They told us we had to wait for our table for 2 to b cleaned meanwhile they sat other couples who walked n after us until we had waited 15 min and i had to remind the hostess that we had a res. I tried to sign up for their rew prog while waiting on my table and the girl seemed more interested in getting credit for signing me up than helping me register the card. It still isnt registered 5 days later and i cant use until it is. i tried my side and realized it was too spicy for me to eat so i stopped a manager. He told me the side wasnt spicy.I said well i think it is so he brought me some fries.Special Features:
- indoor late lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014Seated promptly inside. Our second visit this week. Sat indoors due to less than acceptable outdoor experience. Service was extremely slow. In fairness to server, it was clear she had many tables and larger groups. However, we watched our completed order sit under the lamp for nearly ten minutes as she took care of other things, not serving, and conversing with other staff. Also forgot the soup we ordered. Didn't make an issue over food, but fries were only lamp warm, enters buns were warm, but meat was not. Too bad, food taste was good...would have liked it hot. Will not be returning or recommending.
- Good early dinnerNoneDined on 6/27/2014A group of 4 was seated right on time and had an enjoyable early supper. The bourbon glazed salmon was really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014Made our reservations through open table. Had to wait an additional 15 minutes though tables were available. We we, and others, were encouraged to go to the bar. I suppose to spend money on drinks. When we were seated, our server was outstanding. Wish I remembered her name.good tortilla soup. Kobe sliders had hard(not just toasted) rolls. Note on smoking: if you sit outside, many patrons simple jump the short rail and begin smoking on the other side of the rail/sidewalk. Just like sitting next to you and smoking. No restaurant enforcement since I guess the patron has left their property officially.Special Features:
- 1stimeDined on 6/6/2014Had reserved reservation, which I was running late, and the waitress/waiters contacted me in regards of when I'd be there. They were able to keep the table reserved for another 20mins. Appreciated everything they were able to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty brew, Surprisingly good foodChrisDined on 5/26/2014I had heard great things about Rock Bottom's home brews and was not disappointed. We sipped from each other's glasses and loved every one of them. What pleasantly surprised me was how delicious our appetizers were. The Asiago Artichoke And Crab Dip was so cheesy-spicy good I could have had it as a main course! The Southwest Egg Rolls were hot and crispy and filled with tasty veggies and chicken. Yum! Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Great Beer!!!YummiVIPDined on 5/23/2014The service, ambiance and food were exactly what we wanted. Upbeat and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 201 reviews are from the Rock Bottom Brewery - Denver reviews archive.
- Great VenueRabbDined on 5/3/2014Whenever my wife and I have a dinner and show, we visit RBB at the Promenade. This was the first time at the Downtown spot. Prom night with daughter and her friends. Daughter chose location. Wife and I were seated in different part of restaurant. First noticed menu different. Reservations made ahead... Service and ambience great. No bottom up with Rock Bottom. All upscale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty.travelmanVIPDined on 4/27/2014Dirty dishes being stored in hall way next to where we sat. Some staff members had head phones on listening to music, so why should they care about the noise of slamming dishes. Hostess dusting off widow from above widow in front door, which was directly over diners. I can go on. Just know it is dirty.
- An Old FavoritehappilydiningVIPDined on 4/24/2014The wedge salad was picture perfect and looked exactly like it did on their website which is not always the case in a lot of restaurants. They boasted a large wedge of lettuce with loads of blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing and bacon. I was NOT disappointed! I ate light today and paired the salad with a cup of their tortilla soup. My only regret was that I didn't get the bowl instead of the cup - it was SO good!Special Features:
- Food took a while and iceddowntowndinerVIPDined on 4/7/2014Food took a while and iced tea needed refilling several times. Just okay today.Special Features:
- This is not the place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014This is not the place to have a cup of coffee. The four pack of beef tacos need to be at least warm when served, the meat that is!
- Pricey beer!alanconVIPDined on 3/24/2014You'd think a place that brewed beer on site, with absolutely no distribution costs, would have reasonably priced beer. Not so at Rock Bottom. A "pint" of beer is at least $5.25. How do they get away with that? Probably because they get a lot of tourists - surely locals would not patronize a place with such over-priced beer. And the bar tenders don't seem to know how to actually fill a glass! Not a single pour we got was full. Overpriced and under-poured - no, thanks, too many other choices downtown
- I have been to the Rock BottomWapitiDudeDined on 3/12/2014I have been to the Rock Bottom many times and have always enjoyed the food, but this time the pulled pork sandwich was pretty tough. The waiter was kind enough to comp my sandwich. I will probably eat there again, especcially in the summer when they have live music.Special Features:
- Nice stop off before a playOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014The food was very good. We split a plate and they brought it out on two plates already cut in half. Very nice. I was disappointed in the root beer. It was rather bland. I would think at a place that brews their own it would have more taste. Otherwise good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 different dinners, all were greatsaltfreeDined on 2/22/2014One person in our party ordered steak ,another the blackened tuna salad,someone else grilled chicken and finally I had the salmon.Everyone commented how good there dish was.I was especially pleased because I am on a low sodium diet and the wait staff and chef made sure to omit the sauce and salt from my fish.Also they substituted the rice side for fruit and brought olive oil and balsamic vinegar out for my side salad ,as I can't have regular dressing because the salt content.Most restaurants now have low fat,low carb. and gluten free choices.It's hard to dine out when you have to watch the salt content.I greatly appreciate your flexibility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food & beerBriarichVIPDined on 2/7/2014We always enjoy Rock Bottom, and it is convenient to get in quickly for a theater event, or for a leisurely meal when time allows. Great service (especially Ben) and the food is exceptional for casual dining. We can always count on Rock Bottom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good MealwgwghwVIPDined on 1/28/2014We dine here almost every time we visit downtown Denver for a play, orchestra, etc. We always have a very good meal with excellent service. This was no exception and this Rock Bottom far outshines the Park Meadows location. Great menu with many interesting choices. We especially like the salads and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fish & chips!EdCaVIPDined on 1/26/2014Enjoyed the fish & chips! Great hot chocolate too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJoeyDined on 1/25/2014We enjoyed a wonderful lunch with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good menudeblDined on 12/30/2013Love this brewery on the 16th St Mall. Great menu to satisfy every taste. Not just bar food.Special Features:
- Good Gathering PlaceGeofDined on 12/12/2013The Rock Bottom was ready for our group and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO MUCH SALTalanconVIPDined on 12/4/2013This place a great . . .but the food is ALWAYS way too salty!!! Great beer, but pricey for a place that brews right there and has no "middle-man" costs.Special Features:
- Excellent Afternoon ExperienceBreeVIPDined on 12/1/2013Our waiter, Juan, was a gem! He explained different menu items to us, including to one lady that had a lot of food allergies, and made recommendations. He was very attentive to us during our lunch, and came back often to refresh drinks. After our meal he offered us a Rock Bottom savings card and invited us to come back soon. The food was very good and we had a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent with GREAT food!SharonVIPDined on 11/20/2013Friendly, efficient service and the food is always GREAT!Special Features:
- Good food, good locationwlrappelDined on 11/19/2013Went to a show at Buell Theatre. Parking underneath Rock Bottom, within walking distance of the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinneraminlaVIPDined on 11/15/2013We were attending a conference in Denver and a group of us went to Rock Bottom. Excellent service - our server, Shannon, was SO attentive to us, even though it was a busy Friday night. The food came up quickly & was to everyone's liking. Overall, we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.