Rock Bottom Brewery - Cincinnati
10 Fountain Square
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Brewery - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: 5136211588
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Jeffory F. Pearce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Looking for the perfect place to host your next gathering? Rock Bottom is the perfect way to celebrate that special event. We can accommodate groups and parties of all sizes. Need a little more intimacy? Our semi-private dining areas are available for groups of 20-60 guests. We feature great food, professional service and a casual atmosphere that is sure to highlight any occasion. Call (513) 621-1588 or email email@example.com for more information or to book your party today.
A word from Rock Bottom Brewery - Cincinnati
The Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, located on the corner of Fifth and Vine Streets in the center and heart of historic Fountain Square, is a full service, casual dining restaurant featuring friendly service, made from scratch, moderately priced food and a distinctive selection of handcrafted beer. We offer a lively and entertaining atmosphere showcasing our fresh, handcrafted beers brewed on premises.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Rock Bottom Brewery - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Rock Bottom Brewery - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- A RegularbiggieDined on 9/24/2014I work across the street from this RockBottom, and my co-worker and I go frequently. The food is usually always good, and when it's not, it's taken care of immediately. The hostesses are wonderful, but the waiters are sometimey, and not always attentive or corteous. We will continue to go. We like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorsemenDined on 8/13/2014Service was a little slow - it took us at least 30 minutes to get our food during our lunch hour downtown. It may be because the salads that we went to the restaurant for (that we had ordered on previous visits) were no longer on the menu, so the waitress said she would have the kitchen try to make the versions we liked. The salads were very good, though not exactly like the previous versions on the menu. They also charged us extra - kind of surprised but I guess justifiable since they did accommodate us. Our waitress was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Food!karengrDined on 8/9/2014Our wait server was Stacey....she did a tremendous job for us! Also, the food was very good - served correct temperature & serving sizes were generous. We really appreciated the opportunity to make advance reservations also. Only complaint is air conditioning was on too high...hard to 100% enjoy your meal when you're too cold.Special Features:
- Let's begin at the BottomCakeDined on 7/31/2014There was four in my group. We were coming over to the Fountain for salsa dancing and picked Rock Bottom to dine at first. The hostess was good as we asked to sit outside. Our server, I believe her name was Juliez (not sure of spelling) was outstanding. Very friendly, nice and informative as to what drink, food etc. The drinks were delicious as well as the food. Rock Bottom started our night of good. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Time!DerrickGDined on 7/31/2014I met with a couple of my business partners any really enjoyed myself. Our waitress gave us great services and the food was delicious. I will definitely come again. The only issue that I had was that the greeter didn't not see my reservation and if they were full I would not have had my meeting. I just glad everything turned out great.Special Features:
- Joined friends for dinnerRobertC100Dined on 7/12/2014Restaurant was very accommodating in changing my reservation time as my friends were a little late arriving in the city. When we got to the restaurant, we were seated immediately. We had a great meal and enjoyed the food and time together. Only complaint was that there was a drink on the menu the server told us they never have (don't know the exact item but it had something to do with cucumber). Anyways, if a drink is never available, it should not be on the menu. Our friend really wanted to have it and it was a bit of a letdown to get the explanation we received. Outside of that, all was good although Fountain Square was a bit out of control as we left the restaurant. Not exactly a great environment but the restaurant had no control of it.Special Features:
- Great Beer and Apps, Burgers so soAGDBGDined on 6/29/2014Our lunch started great - the in house brewed IPA was delicious and the two appetizers recommended by our helpful and cheery waitress were very good (Jalapeno Pretzels and a Crab Dip with crostini). Unfortunately, our burgers were not as good as expected. The meat was pretty bland and over-packed, there were some burnt spots on the burger, and the toppings were neither fresh nor particularly generous. It was lunch on Sunday, so the small crowd may translate into less quality, but we were not very impressed.
- Nice Casual RestaurantJMNfoodDined on 6/28/2014Very busy Saturday with Beyoncé and Jay Z in town for concert, had a reservation and was seated quickly my server was great!!!!! Wish I remembered her name. The food was just OK nothing special at all kinda TGI Fridayish haha. Overall nice clean casual place to have dinner or lunch or if you have children seems like a solid place to go. If you are a foodie you certainly want to skip this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Atmospheresimply5Dined on 6/28/2014Food was great and reasonable price.. Drinks were actually good had a Betty Sangria and loved it...Errol definitely be back with another girls outing and maybe with others as well..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian Meets CarnivorevegetarianmeetscarnivoreVIPDined on 6/27/2014RB Brewery is a convenient place to dine when attending a downtown event. Plus...the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodbiggieDined on 6/19/2014I work downtown, and my co-worker and I go frequently. They are always consistent, the food is always fresh and really good, however there were a few times when it wasn't, but the manager made it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and swrvicetom12345Dined on 6/9/2014Had the fish and chips which was excellent and their selection of home brews is very good. Was too cold for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical bar fareRayasmomDined on 6/8/2014Went to this restaurant because I knew they had home-made veggie burgers. Not bad but the bun was awful. Nothing special about this place except its great location.Special Features:
- The following 218 reviews are from the Rock Bottom Brewery - Cincinnati reviews archive.
- Gets the Job DoneTheDeputyDined on 5/16/2014Nothing special but it always gets the job done for a group lunch downtown!Special Features:
- Always goodRayJDined on 5/15/2014Have been here a number of times since it opened. Service is always prompt and friendly. Food is OK, not great (better though than most bar food). Nice place to go before a ball games or in our case, prior to a show at the Taft. Strongly recommend a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We found ourselves early, and thought to wait at the bar, but found out they could seat us immediately. Our booth afforded a view of Fountain Square and the buzz of activity with the separation of glass so we didn't feel such a part of the melee out there. We were able to watch the Reds game easily, as TVs placement was advantageous. Our wait person was discreet but attentive, and we felt well taken care of. The craft beer and Brewery Chicken Nachos were amazing (huge portion - enough for four!), and so filling we decided to forego and entree and settle for another starter, the Mini Street Tacos (Steak), which melted in our mouth! then the massive Carrot Cake, which we took to go. Bravo!
- Great for before Broadway SeriesMCGJrDined on 5/10/2014Rock Bottom has become one of my favorites for before Broadway Series, especially when I have our grandkids (11 - 16) with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014VIPDined on 5/7/2014The chicken on the blackened chicken salad was very drySpecial Features:
- Always a hitklktbearVIPDined on 5/3/2014We love coming to rock bottom. The food and service were excellent even with all the race activities over the weekend the food was not delayed. GREAT JOBSpecial Features:
- Terrific place for Aronoff Folks!irgirlDined on 5/3/2014We had a table for 8 and enjoyed a great lunch before heading off to Phantom of the Opera. They took great care of us and the food was wonderful. It is just a short walk to the Aronoff so we could linger over lunch with no worries at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJBzdplrDined on 5/1/2014Your list above would suggest they do not serve dinner? We enjoy going for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMan50Dined on 4/24/2014Visiting for homeschool convention. Excellent dining with our party of 11. Friendly to our kids. He never let our drinks go dry. Great app's! Only thing neg is they Need work on their Arnold Palmer drink mix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No to loudBusinesslunchDined on 4/22/2014During peak lunch times it was not to loud to hold a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!!PdiddlesnipeDined on 4/18/2014The good here was absolutely delicious!! The prices were very reasonable. I would make a special trip downtown just to go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre game dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014We were in town for the reds game. We had an excellent dinner and some exceptional beer. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank YouCBBBDined on 4/11/2014I went to Rock Bottom to meet a business associate for lunch. The service was wonderful and we were seated at our table promptly. The only suggestion that I would have is to work toward getting lunch time visitors out in one hour. Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchGreatLunchDined on 4/9/2014Had a great lunch at Rock Bottom Brewery. The restaurant was busy, but we had a reservation and had a table immediately. Food was delicious, and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was great.FoodieeeDined on 4/7/2014The food and service was great. But the drinks and the bar scene were the main reason for going and we were very disappointed. The mixed drinks were awful and for being a brewery, they did not have much of a good beer selection. We would go back and recommend, for the food and service, but nothing else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Bottom Rocks!DelightedSusanVIPDined on 3/30/2014We selected Rock Bottom for the two of us to dine, because we could get a reservation and because it is convenient and close to the downtown hotels....and mostly because the beer and the food are always good! It didn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Took my mother-in-law for dinner after the ballet. She had never been there. She enjoyed her meal and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, quick, friendlyTroyRobertDined on 3/21/2014Food here is always predictably good and you are always served promptly.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2014My wife and I made 6pm reservations for dinner before we went to a play at the Aronoff. The food and service was amazing! We were seated right away and everything was just great! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 3/18/2014Visit here every month after, or before Aronoff. This past week was before a performance and even though we told our waiter that it appeared he slowed down service instead of helping us out and speeding up things. Also, there were three of us and the one meal we ordered, a steak, was tasteless.Special Features:
- Although we really didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Although we really didn't need the reservation, because it was a Sunday and it was later in the evening, it was nice to know we had them. I very much enjoyed the ease of making it on your app. Thanks to a friend who recommended it. Will definitely be using it again! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Bottom at Fountain SquareDonnaDined on 3/15/2014Rock Bottom at Fountain Square is a classic, and it has been for many years. Our server Chris was exceptional, and he catered to our every need with friendly conversation and a winning smile. We had dinner and a couple of drinks there before a show at the Taft, then returned after the show for a late-night drink, when Clay took care of us with friendly service and knowledgeable beer lore. Rock Bottom has a casual and comfortable atmosphere, excellent dining room and bar, and service with a smile. We will return, and I do recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had plenty of food andCojoDined on 3/13/2014We had plenty of food and our server was pleasant and prompt. We ordered appetizers which were plentiful and split fish and chips which was very good. The bar was completely full and we had a nice table on the other side of restaurant. Nice casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyladyDined on 3/9/2014The Rock Bottom was friendly as always. I was 15 minutes late & they still seated my group. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun At Rock Bottom BrewFOODIECHER1VIPDined on 3/8/2014After attending the Home and Garden show this is a great place to eat, We had a good time and the food & beer was good. Our server; Andrea, was super! We like this place for after event dinners and not a far walk either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014Love coming to Rockbottom before the Theatre! We always pick this one!
- Just OK2dinersDined on 3/3/2014Beer, food and service were just OK. It had been years since our last visit, and we were disappointed. Bathroom desperately needed cleaning and stocked (out of toilet paper). We notified the hostess when we left who we're chatting and they said they'd take care of it.