Rock Bottom Brewery - Chicago
1 W. Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom Brewery - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/chicago
- Phone: (312) 755-9339
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Dustin Green
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Dieter Schindler 312-755-1677
- Special Events: We’re Happy to Help with all of your private event needs please contact:
Director of Catering
Phone (312) 755-1677
Fax (312) 755-1678
A word from Rock Bottom Brewery - Chicago
Located on the corner of Grand and State in downtown Chicago right on the Red Line (Grand Stop). Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery has become a destination for award- winning handcrafted beers, quality American cuisine and friendly energetic service. Rock Bottom is the perfect place if you're looking to catch the big game on one of 23 flat screens, enjoy a cozy dinner with friends, get up-close and personal with one of the country’s best skylines. Did I forget to mention our beer is mighty quaffable?Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom Brewery - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good Food - Slow ServicePatrickDined on 4/6/2014Good food all around. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Unfortunately, the kitchen misplaced our ticket (according to the manager) and we had to wait about an hour for our food after ordering while people around us came and went. During that time, the waitress never stopped at our table to bring another round of drinks, which seems a little odd given that it is a brewery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually the food is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2014Usually the food is great. but not today. Chicken bruschetta was not good and ordered other veggies and it still came with broccoli- Beer always tastes goodSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2014We had such wonderful service. One small mishap from the kitchen but it was rectified by our wonderful server. It couldn't have been a better night. Great food, great service, and great beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Delicious food. Great selection of offerings. Outstanding service. Great way to start our evening out.Special Features:
- food versus atmosphereSusanDined on 3/1/2014While the beer and food were great, it was impossible to hear at our table. The noise level is quite loud, with music, tv and hearing all of the other table conversations. I would not recommend going there for any conversation!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For meStephNEZVIPDined on 1/24/2014I have been to a couple Rock Bottom locations. My boyfriend took me here before a theatre show, he had never been. We got the asiago spinach and crab dip as an appetizer. It was delicious! I had the lobster and shrimp enchiladas which were amazing! He had the Just hot enough burger and wasn't impressed. I got a burger last time I went and wasn't impressed. Also, he loves beer but was not overly thrilled with their brews. Aside for the beer disappointment and the burgers being sub par, the rest of the experience was great and the service was pretty good as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spent the afternoon there...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/19/2014Enjoyed appetizers and dinner. Tried the beer flight. Great way to make a decision...they have a lot of choices. Plenty of TV's to watch sporting events. Crowded, but the noise level was not a problem.Special Features:
- Got charged twice.....is not niceTCHUTCHI1VIPDined on 1/11/2014So the resturant was crowded for a afternoon and a friend recommended the place. The waitress was friendly and the food was great. I was charged twice for my order. The resturant said everyone was charged twice and they are working on this issue. Not worth the headache if the logistics aren't worked out.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Staff was nice. Wait was short. We got to the restaurant a half hour earlier than our original reservation time and they still seated us early. Much appreciated! Food was good and as expected. They were nice enough to give us a free dessert to celebrate two birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and very filling!labradorDined on 12/22/2013Portions are huge.....especially the nachos to share. The food is very tasty and there's a great range of drinks. The beer sampler is a great idea as you can try the range of beers that are on offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Casual Pub-style RestaurantSuzyDined on 11/26/2013Great location , close to Michigan Ave. Able to accommodate groups. A few round tables would be nice for 6-8 people. The outside bar is great in the warm weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch for Large GroupAwyffelsVIPDined on 11/2/2013I picked this restaurant for a group of 22 ladies for lunch before going to see Wicked. From the moment we all walked in, it was a great experience. The restaurant provided 2 servers for our table (Dustin and Melissa), since our party was so large and everything went smoothly. They both is a fabulous job providing prompt service and answering all our questions. They even provided separate checks for the ladies and everything was correctly split up. Everyone's meal came out correctly and everyone said their lunch was delicious. The ladies loved the Bloody Mary's, mimosas, and beer as well. Could not be more pleased with the our lunch choice!Special Features:
- Good beer optionsDAMeeDined on 10/30/2013Soup was ok and the pizza was tasty. Nice Choice of beers with a good hoppy IPASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As visitors from England weMickDined on 10/11/2013As visitors from England we really enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere in the restaurant but most especially the very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good.DisappointedDined on 10/5/2013I'm not usually a review maker or one to complain about dining out but, this was just not good. We made a reservation to be sure to get in because we have visited other Rock Bottoms and it's been one of our favorites. However, all the food we ordered except for the kids grilled cheese was horrible. The burger, chicken, potatoes, etc were awful. Our server was very nice but extremely slow even though he didn't have many tables. With a kid friendly restaurant we were ready to get up and going to our next adventure and I sat waiting to get the bill for at least 10 mins alone while my family left already. I would never dine here again. Too bad, used to be a favorite but not in Chicago.Special Features:
- Great downtown bar.gogsbtDined on 10/4/2013Very good choice on the menu. My steak was fantastic and could not fault it. Very busy bar and restaurant which added to the atmosphere. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Would highly recommend Rockbottom and will definitely return on our next trip to Chicago.Special Features:
- The food is awesome!RickDined on 9/28/2013We go to Rock bottom grill every time we go to Chicago. The food there is so good that the cost is always a non-issue. However they recently remodeled and I really missed the quieter more family orientated atmosphere. Now it's more of a sports bar. It was very loud andmy family had a hard time enjoying each other. The food is still amazing, the prices are still high end steak house, but the atmosphere is a loud sports bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MorePM744Dined on 9/28/2013The food was pretty good, but it took forever to get to us. I could see the waitress felt bad that we were waiting and I assume it was just a backed up kitchen, so I didn't hold it against her. I wish I could say the food was so amazing that it was worth the wait but it really wasn't. It was good, and had the food come in a reasonable time, the experience would've been really enjoyable, but we waited a good 45 minutes for our entrees and almost an hour for our deserts, which was really the kicker. The manager came and apologized for the wait and promised to return with gift cards for our next visit, but after he left the table we didn't see him again, and didn't receive the gift cards or any discounts.
- Spacious and Clean, Comfy Brewpubez2chewDined on 9/19/2013Everything you'd need to make a team outing or hangout with friends a great success. This place is perfect for sporting events, grabbing a post work beverage, starting or ending your evening. It's a step away from the Redline CTA and near a ton of other river north nightlife. The prices were reasonable and the menu offerings have something for every palette. During the warmer weather the rooftop deck is great for people watching the hustle bustle of the area below.Special Features:
- Good food and unique breweryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2013Rock bottom has been a great place to bring visitors and meet friends for the last 7 years. The roof-top beer garden is always a great time in warm weather. The bar side of the restaurant is open seating and always very lively and crowded. The food is consistently very good and the menu offers a wide range of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food, warm beer....FroopDined on 8/31/2013Overall, not impressed. Beer was warm. Our food came out cold and nasty. I had to return my food - it was not edible. my daughter did not eat her steak - it was okay to put on my side salad since it was cold. Server did her best to take care of us. It's your typical sports bar atmosphere. We got there late so most of the busy dinner service was ending. Not sure why they couldn't bring us hot food.
- MMMMMM Beersands625Dined on 8/18/2013Love Rock Bottom's own brews. The food is very good. The carrot cake for 2 is huge and delicious. But the beer is the reason to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to hang outBlaiseDined on 8/3/2013This place is too expensive for me to really want to come here frequently, but it's a nice place. Not really a good place to meet people, but good to go with friends. I don't recommend the nachos- there were tons of chips with no toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed full but worth itMarkyMarkDined on 8/3/2013Was very crowded the night I was there, but dinner came quickly and was delicious. The drinks are fairly priced and service was good. Rooftop beer garden was packed but managed to get a seat and have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daughters 15 birthday celebrationstanlybulldogDined on 8/3/2013Good atmosphere and friendly staff but we had to wait at least a half hour for our appetizers. The food was average. No really said that anything was really good. Our waiter did bring our daughter a huge brownie with ice cream with a candle to sing to her. That wsd yummy and very nice he did that.Special Features:
- Above average bar food sceneSista3Dined on 7/26/2013We were a group of four, ages 21-56. Our waitress, Ashlin, was excellent, taking the time to answer menu questions & make recommendations. She was friendly and polite, without being overwhelming. Our group contained four people with widely varying food preferences. The menu offered attractive selections to meet all our needs. Soda and water refills were performed without asking, which, now a days, is rare. The bill was presented in a timely, but not intrusive manner. All menu selections made were deemed as above average in quality. Our only concern was the level of noise, which was a little overwhelming. Valet parking was an added bonus for us. Overall, it was a positive experience, but not a place for a quiet evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too noisyIPAgirlDined on 7/19/2013I came here with friends I haven't seen in awhile and was looking forward to catching up with them. While the food and service were great we spent most of the dinner shouting over the music and repeating what we had to say. We sat in the main dining room and the noise level was too loud between the music blaring and the hustle and bustle of the restaurant. If I came back it would during a off peak time or when I could sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gran lugar, excelente cerveza.ErniemmDined on 7/19/2013Es un gran lugar, la cerveza es muy buena y la comida también. Me senté en la barra y me atendieron muy bien. El servicio fue rápido, cuando tuve dudas me las resolvieron fácilmente. Insisto, la calidad de las cervezas de la casa, impresionante. Altamente recomendado el lugar. Además está inmediatamente a la salida de la estación Grand de la línea roja del metro (CTA).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and funMmdelpDined on 6/27/2013My husband and I brought my brother here to celebrate his new job. It was wonderful. The food was fabulous...we had a steak, chicken fried steak, and a Cobb salad. They all tasted delicious. We also tried three of their microbrews and they were good too. I would recommend this place to someone wanting a fun, laid back place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor seating andAkd1234VIPDined on 6/10/2013Great outdoor seating and crowd! Service could have been better, fairly slow and MIA.Special Features:
- Eat, but don't drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013Food was good, plenty to choose from! Our waiter was the only issue we had would have had more drinks at our table but do to him being invisible we took our chance on the roof top bar, we were ignored there also. Struggled are way to the counter, but was continued to be ignored. Oh well plenty other bars in the area that wanted are money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop only thing going for themOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/19/2013The rooftop is the ONLY reason to go here. The food is so poor. It's your basic "chain restaurant" food. We got the southwest eggrolls and they were mushy and you can tell they had been sitting awhile- as they glazed over. The blackened chicken salad has potential to be good, yet they drench it in dressing, so I would suggest getting it on the side. I think they should make their menu a little more healthy or at least have healthy options! I ordered a blackened chicken salad later to find out it's over 1,000 calories!!! Get with the times people- noone wants to eat a salad that unhealthy! Might as well gotten the friend food! I would recommend the rooftop for ambiance but drink- don't eat here,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Jessica was theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Our server Jessica was the BEST!!!! Kyle the manager is awesome!!!
- Good selection of food - lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Good selection of food - loved having a reserved table.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, moderateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2013Good food, good service, moderate noise so not the place for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great choice for a larger group.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Table ready on time. Nice waiter. Accomodating hostess. Good.variety of food for large group. Was a very good choice for us.Special Features:
- great prices for downtown ChicagoAShannon0Dined on 3/3/2013We actually were there for a convention. We were looking for an inexpensive place to eat. We ate in the bar area. Service was good, food arrived quick and was tasty. We will be making reservations again next convention.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/17/2013Excellent service and we were promptly seated and fulfilled our request to put the game we wanted to watch on TV.Special Features:
- Rock Bottom has a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/13/2013Rock Bottom has a very good selection of food - it's definitely more than typical "bar food" - and their on-site brews were fantastic. That is the primary reason we wanted to visit there again. Our server was wonderful and helped us out when one of the dishes didn't turn out quite right from the kitchen. It has a relaxed, fun atmosphere and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Great beer. Took the kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Great beer. Took the kids and had a great experience.Special Features: