Rock Bottom - Boston
115 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: 6177422739
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeb Boyle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private room dining for 40 - 50 people with a large screen for presentations, videos, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Nave 6177422739
- Entertainment: We are chock full of big-screen High Definition TV"s. Come watch your favorite NFL team on NFL Sunday Ticket.
A word from Rock Bottom - Boston
Rock Bottom offers an exciting dining experience in the heart of Boston"s Theater District embracing classic and contemporary cuisine by Chef Jeb Boyle with a thoughtful, unpretentious delivery. Rock Bottom welcomes dining guests into a comfortable, spirited atmosphere with some of Boston's best servers and bartenders, who engage guests with a wide selection of the best in local beers, shaken signature martinis, and individual wine service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)Show More
- Great place for good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We ate here many times because we were working in the area. The food was always cooked to order, Kevin was usually ouir server and he always made us feel taken care of. We recommend Rock Bottom and Kevin the server! When it is full, the kitchen can get slow, and another server, not Kevin, didn't seem to remember our side order changes. But in the end, its usually really good here!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsCarolDined on 10/18/2014My family meets here frequently when in the theater district. The location, food, service, and prices are consistently very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent bite before a showKennethDined on 10/7/2014Ate here before catching a show at the Wang. Service was a bit slow since it was busy as usual but they had great beers and an awesome menu. Meal was good, so overall it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!KayMayDined on 10/7/2014We went before a show at the Wang and chose based on location. Excellent menu with lots to chose from and there was not a clean plate in the group! Would definitely recommend and go back! It was very busy but service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSandyDined on 10/7/2014Looking for a place to go before a theatre performance and found this on-line. PERFECT location - GREAT food - AWESOME drinks! We only had about an hour, but dinner (sandwiches/burgers) were served quickly, had 2 bar drinks each, and had time to spare before we had to leave and never felt rushed. Server was polished and attentive. Definately making this a go-to restaurant when in the theartre district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 10/6/2014It's a sports bar. Noisy, lots of televisions. Food was average but that's to be expected in this type of establishment. Our server was good. I'd go again if this environment is what I was looking for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pub fareChuckVIPDined on 10/6/2014The beer is excellent and the food comparable to other upscale breweries. Recommend getting seating near the windows to see the neighborhood in action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frida LunchMaryDined on 10/3/2014Met a friend for lunch. The food was great - nice selection of salads. I had the Ahi over greens with apples and such. My friend had mac and cheese with chicken. We had a couple of drinks (hey, it was Friday!) Great beer selections and I like the KJ chard available by the glass.Special Features:
- Quick burger in Theater districtTheaterGoerDined on 9/16/2014Beer (had IPA) was great, fast, attentive service, but the food was blah.Special Features:
- Good food before a showbcmomDined on 9/14/2014Our group of 8 had dinner before attending the Lion King at the Boston Opera House. The food was good and the location was close to the show.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014We dined at Rock Bottom on Stuart St before seeing the Lion KIng at the Opera House. We had a party of 10, so we made 2 reservations of 5, that we hoped to seat together. I wrote a note along with my Open Table reservation requesting for this , and was easily accommodated by the restaurant. Food was enticing for the kids and the adults. We had the pretzels for shared apps and they were tasty. The 2am burger and also Lobster & shrimp tacos were absolutely outstanding! Great beer selection and the kiddos enjoyed their desserts. Service was noteworthy! We received excellent attention from our server Katelyn. I will return again for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy pre theaterKelpDined on 8/28/2014Location and service make this a great pre theater dining spot. The food is average
- pre-theaternblexDined on 8/17/2014Well located for pre-theater meal. Prompt service, varied menu, good food, reasonable prices and good selection of beers.Special Features:
- always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014One of the best burger selections in boston...we are never disappointed.also beer of the day is only $3...a great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- js16thbdDined on 7/19/2014Our first time at Rock Bottom we had a very nice time food was good and service was great, made Jenna's 16th birthday special.Special Features:
- surprisingly goodwsoupDined on 7/18/2014I didn't expect to see veggie tacos on the menu - ordered them and they were delicious. Veggie tacos are definitely hard to make tasty. The rice and beans that came with it was also delicious. Ambience isn't that great unless you're with a big group yourself. Perfect place for a group gathering. Would recommened this place. Lots to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serverluckyDined on 7/11/2014Server had no personality. Slow to come to table for just water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater Dinner PlaceinkysmomDined on 7/3/2014Be sure to get reservations if you want to beat the regular area crowd getting out from work Mon-Fri when going to the theater. This place is hopping! Full bar, good menu with some twists on standard pub fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmv3Dined on 7/1/2014We arrived in time for our reservation at 6. It was the world cup game, USA vs Belgium and people weren't moving. No open table for us and had tix for show at 7:30. The manager was so nice. He apologized, explained what was going on, round of drinks on the house! A table opened up about 15 mins later, served promptly, and finished in plenty of time to make our show. Offered dessert on the house too! Did I mention the food, service and atmosphere was great!!!Special Features:
- The following 215 reviews are from the Rock Bottom - Boston reviews archive.
- Awesome experienceruntootsDined on 6/24/2014I made a last minute reservation online that day. My husband was running a road race so I knew all the restaurants downtown would be packed. They sat us within a few minutes of us arriving. The service and food was amazing. My 2 year old was treated extremely well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLEG81Dined on 6/16/2014I made reservations the day prior for 6 people. I requested a table that was near the TV in order to watch the USA soccer game. They sat us a great table in the bar right in front of a TV. The service was wonderful and the food was perfect. All in all, a great experience!
- Ok Reasonable Price friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Wings where horrible! Bacon and Chicken Mac - very good as was the salad. Beers OK. Sitting outside on a beautiful night was outstanding interior was also very nice. Staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real bottom. Horrible service.GigiDined on 6/4/2014We have maked our reservation in advance of several days on a weekday, at 8 pm in June. The restaurant was half empty on our arrival. We have got a table but within 15 minutes no service approached to our table even to greet or to apologise for the delay. We got up and went away and nobody even tried to ask what's happened. We have never get such a terrible service in a US restaurant. We would no recomend this place!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!SteveBDined on 6/3/2014One of the best burgers I've had in years, great beer, attentive service - great evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/29/2014Great pre-theatre dinner spot. We originally discovered "Rock Bottom" while waiting for the theatre curtain, but we have returned and brought associates a number of times since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PiedraOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014As always the food was very good, the scene was fun with sports games on around the restaurant and bar. Our waitress was very friendly but kept forgetting garnishes and sides. We had a young child at table next to us that cried loudly thruout most of the meal. The waitress missed that I had a $15 reward toward my check but did change it when I pointed that out. Probably the least enjoyable time we've had there, usually it is very good across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical chain bar food.GirlInValpoDined on 4/20/2014It was close to the W where we were staying in Boston. Friendly and attentive server until it came time for the check. Why does this happen at so many places?!?! They did make a special meal for my husband as he was trying to get a bunch of protein in before the marathon. He asked for a non spicy but not bland grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, rice and grilled vegetable plate. The server didn't even flinch and said no problem.
- Rock Bottom Before Blue ManCTinBostonDined on 4/17/2014We made reservations on Open Table for Rock Bottom just before Blue Man. So convenient to the Charles Theater. We had great food and beer selection is second to none. Had Rock Bottom's Uppity which was great and a Milk Stoudt. Overall great place to eat right before a show with a great menu (both food, beer and cocktails!).Special Features:
- good foodfoodie5Dined on 4/15/2014I've been to the Rock Bottom in Milwaukee so I figured the one in Boston would have the same food. The place was pretty empty, yet the waitress sat the two of us at a high-top uncomfortable table. The food was just okay (though they did have happy hour). I had the BBQ chicken salad, which was good, but for some reason the caliber of food just wasn't the same as I have had before.Special Features:
- Bring a FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014While walking to Rock Bottom with my friend, I was trying to explain what kind of place it was. TGI Friday's was the first place that came to mind, but as I told my friend, Rock Bottom is a notch above that. I thought of Chili's, Applebee's...all those "fun" places. To some, Rock Bottom might be just that kind of place--and that's fine. But to me, it's a good bit more. The multiple TV screens make it a great sports bar, and that's probably what I like most about the place. If I were a beer drinker, I'd probably never leave Rock Bottom; their beer menu is extensive. The food selections are not as extensive, but there's something for most tastes. I find myself looking forward to friends coming to town just to expose them to Rock Bottom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiny appsHarveyDined on 4/12/2014Dont bother with appetizers, they're ridiculously tiny and not worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater Dinner PlaceinkysmomDined on 4/2/2014This place quickly gets very busy at about 5:30pm. If you are going for dinner before the theater, go at 5-5:15 because service can be slow as the kitchen gets suddenly slammed. The food is ok, not gourmet level, but fine for what you'd expect. There's something for almost everyone on their menu.Special Features:
- Early Saturday night dinner1nite2dinnerDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I stopped in this past Saturday. Food and Beer were good. Waitress had a blah attitude and seemed like she had better places to be. (Katelyn) and she also forgot my coffee. We were about 25 minutes late due to traffic. I called to let them know and they had no problem holding the table. I would recommend to friends definitely and go back if we are ever in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outing after blue man groupOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2014Rock bottom is a fun place. We had open table reservations so we didn't wait despite the line at the door. We had 6 in our party. It is more of a group outing place than a date night place. Pub food. Good Mac and cheese, good beer, veggie burger mushie. Order the beer sampler and appetizers and you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Good food and great people!AngelDined on 3/12/2014This restaurant always seems to be busy or completely packed everytime I walk by. Last time my friend and I wanted to eat here before a show in the Theater District only to find that we'd have to wait an hour. This time, we made reservations ahead of time. I was delightfully surprised by the number of options on their menu and all the entrees we had were delicious and well priced. Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmoshphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Rock Bottom is a great combination of causaul and energenic atmoshphere and excellent food. We had nachos for an appitizer, which were really good for the most part, but we found the chips were pretty salty. The chicken Mac and Cheese is to die for and my boyfriend loved the stuffed peppers. The service was great and there was no sticker shock when the bill came. Overall we had a great experience at Rock Bottom and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Didn't feel well after eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Didn't feel well after eating food. Food seemed very processed. Restaurant extremely crowded and noisy
- Theater District StapleTomFromAmherstDined on 3/7/2014We've been here before. It's LOUD with after-workers, theater goers and LOUD bar croud. DO MAKE RESERVATIONS. You'll get in faster even if you show up early and there's a line; we did. They were closed for food after our 10 o'clock show but the bar was open. If you're hungry, in a hurry and don't want to eat at a high end restaurant and the crowd doesn't bother you, Rock Bottom should be at the top of the pile... I mean list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice pre-theatreRickDined on 3/1/2014We were looking for a place with good food, a nice atmosphere and within close walking distance to the theatre district. We made a lunch reservation to Rock Bottom through Open Table for 12:15PM on Saturday 3/1/2014. We were seated immediately, the food was very good, the atmosphere was pub-type and lively, there was a great selection of beers, and the restaurant/brewery was a quick two minute walk to the Charles Playhouse. Couldn't ask for anything more, were totally satisfied with our choice and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but service was so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014We always eat there before a show but this visit left something to be desired. The server was extremely slow with bringing us our drinks, taking orders and bringing us our food. He didn't check on our drinks so much so that 2 people ordered their 2nd drinks before the had finished the first. Also we were seated towards the front and every time the entrance opened we were blasted with cold air. The food was fantastic though (as always)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.