Rock Bottom - Boston
115 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: (617) 742-2739
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeb Boyle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private room dining for 40 - 50 people with a large screen for presentations, videos, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Nave 6177422739
- Entertainment: We are chock full of big-screen High Definition TV"s. Come watch your favorite NFL team on NFL Sunday Ticket.
A word from Rock Bottom - Boston
Rock Bottom offers an exciting dining experience in the heart of Boston"s Theater District embracing classic and contemporary cuisine by Chef Jeb Boyle with a thoughtful, unpretentious delivery. Rock Bottom welcomes dining guests into a comfortable, spirited atmosphere with some of Boston's best servers and bartenders, who engage guests with a wide selection of the best in local beers, shaken signature martinis, and individual wine service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- This restaurant was great.DonnaDined on 6/8/2013This restaurant was great. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. She made a point of checking on us regularly without relaly bugging us. We only had appertizers. One was nachos and they were great. Instead of being stacked really high with dry chips they are spread out on a large platter so every bite has toppings on them and very delicious. The buffalo wings were perfectly spiced and the vegetable eggrolls were delicious. Most of us had margaritas but one girl had the pineapple mojito that the waitress recommended and said it was excellent. A very fun atmosphere. We didn't sit outside this time, but definitely want to go back to try their main courses. You wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was chosen becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2013Restaurant was chosen because of past positive experience at Rock Bottom and proximity to theater that we were attending. Food was good, windows on busy Downtown Boston theater district added great energy to the evening. Excellent service! Although very busy, the server gave us ample attention without hovering. This was a birthday celebration for our granddaughter. The server helped her to fine-tune her dinner selections. There were lots of kids there, but since the noise level is always high anyway, all the kid noises just blended in.Special Features:
- Great spot for theater goers!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Wonderful food, great staff.....and very accommodating for theater goers!Special Features:
- Service was prompt and veryNoNameDined on 4/21/2013Service was prompt and very attentive. Food was excellent for a chain restaurant. Location in Boston makes it a great choice for a pre-theater meal.
- The food was okay. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The food was okay. We had made our reservation online but were a couple hours early and we were pleasantly surprised with how fast our party of 6 was seated on a Saturday evening. Our waitress was extremely nice but it took long periods of time to get drinks, appetizers and then our meals. Some of our adult beverages were delicious whereas some drinks were over-poured. I would recommend Rock Bottom if you are in the neighborhood, have a ton of time, and aren't looking for anything amazing.Special Features:
- Went before the Celtics gameFilDimoDined on 3/16/2013Went before the Celtics game with 13 guys. Had a great time and our server Anderson was great!Special Features:
- Food isn't as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013I used to love this place, especially when they had the kobe beef burger. Their burgers used to be wonderful, now it's edible, but I wouldn't jump to go there anymore. I had the smokehouse bbq burger with onion rings, medium well, my burger came out well (burnt sides), it came with fries, but they quickly brought out onion rings for me, that were also very well done. The worst part was there was maybe a dot of bbq sauce on my burger. It's like they forgot to add it. My date had the pub style burger that said on the menu it came with mustard and mayo, but neither condiment was on the burger. Our server was friendly and nice enough, might have been new. It's too bad the food seems to have declined over time.
- Never disappointed. GreatCarolDined on 2/26/2013Never disappointed. Great for family/friends whether dining or munching/drinking. Great staff, atmosphere, drinks, & food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2013I was pleasantly surprised. We had theater tickets and wanted something close. The food was good but the noise level high for what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Great spot for a meal andPJNelsDined on 2/14/2013Great spot for a meal and a few beers before the show
- Waiters were nowhere two beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013Waiters were nowhere two be found through most of the service. We were also served by three different people. We really felt ignored, especially waiting 25 minutes between taking our plates away and getting our checks. Food was not very good. The wings had barely any meat on them at all, not what ou would expect for $10. We shared the carrot cake for desert and we took one bite each. It was terrible. Rock hard and tasted like it was either freezer burnt or left uncovered in the fridge for too long. I will not be going back.
- The Rock Bottom Rocks!DoreencDined on 1/26/2013This is a great place for burgers and beers. They have their own beers on tap and feature guest beers on tap. Portion sizes are quite generous...the carrot cake is huge. Don't plan on ordering appetizers for yourself, they are definitely meant for sharing. It is quite busy though...strongly recommend a reservation. I often go with a large group and management is really good about working with you, as long as you give them a heads up in advance. They do let you make reservations for up to 8 on-line. It is a boisterous place so be prepared for it to be a little on the loud side. I have found the wait staff there to be excellent at working with large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinnermargopenelopeVIPDined on 1/15/2013I had been there for dinner a few times (which were all amazing visits!) and though it would be a good place to have a group of 8 meet before going to a show at the Wilbur. Since some were late, we only ended up ordering appetizers. The beer list is amazing! We tried almost all of the specialty ones on tap and were very happy with them. The apps were nothing special though, so I would not suggest going for them. Even though we didn't get to the entrees, those are the best part of Rock Bottom and I wish we had had the time. The booths were so big and comfy it made group discussion very hard even though it was rather quite. But the one-on-one conversations were great.Special Features:
- This place was great. We ateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2012This place was great. We ate there new years eve and had a great time!Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Very good food and service , can be a little loud but overall a great Dining experience. I will be a return customer.Special Features:
- Dinner & A ShowBobGVIPDined on 12/31/2012Location was great for a meal before the show. Good selection on the menu for both adults and kids. Waiter was good and friendly to our entire crew. We had decided to take our kids out to dinner and a show on New Years Eve and chose Rock Bottom for the meal portion and felt we made a good choice.Special Features:
- Giant boothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012There were 7 of us in a round booth that was so big we could not hear the people across from us or reach them by sliding plates across to each other. It was right near the theater where we had tickets though, and the food was decent.Special Features:
- a great place where peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012a great place where people can meet, be comfy, have great food, and a great place to talk and laugh right out loud !!Special Features:
- Just okay. Overcooked salmon.TTM2Dined on 12/16/2012Just okay. Overcooked salmon. Good service. Fun spot in theater district.Special Features:
- Great Before the Theater!erasmus101Dined on 12/16/2012We were a few minutes early for our reservation, but were seated immediately, which we appreciated since there was a huge rush just after we arrived. Our waiter was cheerful and upbeat and did not make us feel pressured. We started with a couple of drinks, an excellent Pinot Noir and the house Pale Ale, which was also very tasty. The rest of our party arrived about 20 minutes later. The atmosphere was busy, but relaxed. All of the meals were very reasonably priced, and the food was excellent, especially the mac and cheese. The dessert, a chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream, was to die for. The location also couldn't be beat as we were going to an event at the Cutler Majestic Theater, which is literally right around the corner.Special Features:
- been to rock bottom bostonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012been to rock bottom boston a few times. always loved the food, but this time the steak was terrible, it was all fat. i hate leaving this review.Special Features:
- The resaurant had a nice vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012The resaurant had a nice vibe to it. The pulled pork sandwich that I got was dry and the bun should have been toasted more. However, their Mac and cheese is fantastic! Waiter was a little slow and in attentive but it was pretty busy.Special Features:
- pretty good for location/pricelschultz83VIPDined on 11/28/2012Rock Bottom is great because it doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. Their burgers are pretty good, the rest of their food is mediocre, and their beers are great. Their waitstaff is knowledgeable on their beers.
- I thought the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012I thought the food and service was just ok. I think I would only go back to sit at the bar and watch a game.Special Features:
- The portion were great. Drink2goodVIPDined on 11/15/2012The portion were great. Drink was excellent, and service was very good.Special Features:
- Went here before a show atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2012Went here before a show at the Wilbur Theatre. Food was good, drinks were good. It was a good experiance and I will go back.Special Features:
- By 5:30 there was alreadyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012By 5:30 there was already a wait for tables, however, with reservations we were seated immediately. Great craft beers, good food and we had a phenomenally friendly waitress
- This place had some greatCarlDined on 11/9/2012This place had some great beers and some great food.Special Features:
- despite making a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012despite making a reservation a month or more in advance we still waited twenty minutes for a table for two. when we were seated it was in front of a door and when patrons left we got a cold stiff breeze right in our faces. other than that the food was excellent as was our server (Amy). I would recommend Rock Bottom to anyone.Special Features:
- Qucik service, great burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012I had 6:00pm reservations and we were seated around 6:20pm. I was a little worried because I had Bob Marley the comedian tickets for 7:30pm but it worked out just fine! The beers are good too! There was 4 of us and we all got burgers and loved them. I got the Laredo burger, thought it would be spicier due to the chipolte mayo and jack cheese but it was very delicious! Guacamole was fantastic on it! My boyfriend got the 2:00am burger, which I had to try and it was also really really good! I might have to get that for myself next time. Then my mom and her boyfriend were less adventurous with bacon cheese burgers, not specifically on the menu but no hesitation from the waiter when they ordered. We got our food and paid quickly! Will go again!Special Features:
- Our waiter wasn't mean orOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012Our waiter wasn't mean or unpleasant, but he didn't go out of his way to be really friendly to us, though we tried. But the food quality and quick turn-around from ordering made up for it. Perfect place to get dinner before a show, like we did!Special Features:
- Myself and 3 friends wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Myself and 3 friends went to Rock Bottom for dinner. We found an industrial STAPLE in one of our meals...in the middle of a sandwich. The waitress was apologetic, but we still asked to speak to the manager on duty. The manager, Michael, (found out that he was the GM), came over and made the attempt to explain away the situation. We did not to continue eating any of the ramaining meals on our table. The waitress came over with our bill, with the majority of the food removed. We asked to speak with the GM again, but after waiting 15+ minutes for him (and him not coming over), we had enough with that place! Not even an apology from the GM! We would NOT recommend this place to anyone that is concerned about food safety or customer service!
- We waited over an hour andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2012We waited over an hour and never got our food order.
- have been here several times,CarolDined on 10/20/2012have been here several times, always pleased with the ambiance, service, quality, & food.Special Features:
- I went there after a theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2012I went there after a theater matinee to watch the Pat's and have some dinner. It was the perfect spot too bad they lost!
- chain food- convenient to theater.HbigguyDined on 10/13/2012There was about five hosts, which appeared to outnumber the waitstaff. While several items looked interesting, I chose the lobster and shrimp tacos, and my wife the rueben. The corned beef was very tough, and my sides uneatable. Service was decent, but slow. High energy place - noisy.Special Features:
- great spot if you are goingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2012great spot if you are going to the theater, but you should have a reservations. Very loud inside, so if you want quiet this is not the place for you. Food was good and reasonable.Special Features:
- The food and server were good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2012The food and server were good. I had asked for fruit as a side, but got french fries - which was fine (debated between two anyways).Special Features:
- Food tasted okay....both soupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012Food tasted okay....both soup and entree were lukewarm.
- Hot times & that's not a good thangHailRagnarVIPDined on 9/26/2012Nice place in the heart of the theatre district. Everything was generally pretty good except for the heat level in the restaurant One of the nicest features of the restaurant is its outside dining area. Inexplicably , the patio was closed as the manager thought it too cold even though the temp was around 70 degrees Inside, the temp was close to 80 degrees. Go figure.... We won't be back