Rock Bottom - Boston
115 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: (617) 742-2739
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeb Boyle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private room dining for 40 - 50 people with a large screen for presentations, videos, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Nave 6177422739
- Entertainment: We are chock full of big-screen High Definition TV"s. Come watch your favorite NFL team on NFL Sunday Ticket.
A word from Rock Bottom - Boston
Rock Bottom offers an exciting dining experience in the heart of Boston"s Theater District embracing classic and contemporary cuisine by Chef Jeb Boyle with a thoughtful, unpretentious delivery. Rock Bottom welcomes dining guests into a comfortable, spirited atmosphere with some of Boston's best servers and bartenders, who engage guests with a wide selection of the best in local beers, shaken signature martinis, and individual wine service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great food and atmoshphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Rock Bottom is a great combination of causaul and energenic atmoshphere and excellent food. We had nachos for an appitizer, which were really good for the most part, but we found the chips were pretty salty. The chicken Mac and Cheese is to die for and my boyfriend loved the stuffed peppers. The service was great and there was no sticker shock when the bill came. Overall we had a great experience at Rock Bottom and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Didn't feel well after eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Didn't feel well after eating food. Food seemed very processed. Restaurant extremely crowded and noisy
- Theater District StapleTomFromAmherstDined on 3/7/2014We've been here before. It's LOUD with after-workers, theater goers and LOUD bar croud. DO MAKE RESERVATIONS. You'll get in faster even if you show up early and there's a line; we did. They were closed for food after our 10 o'clock show but the bar was open. If you're hungry, in a hurry and don't want to eat at a high end restaurant and the crowd doesn't bother you, Rock Bottom should be at the top of the pile... I mean list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice pre-theatreRickDined on 3/1/2014We were looking for a place with good food, a nice atmosphere and within close walking distance to the theatre district. We made a lunch reservation to Rock Bottom through Open Table for 12:15PM on Saturday 3/1/2014. We were seated immediately, the food was very good, the atmosphere was pub-type and lively, there was a great selection of beers, and the restaurant/brewery was a quick two minute walk to the Charles Playhouse. Couldn't ask for anything more, were totally satisfied with our choice and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but service was so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014We always eat there before a show but this visit left something to be desired. The server was extremely slow with bringing us our drinks, taking orders and bringing us our food. He didn't check on our drinks so much so that 2 people ordered their 2nd drinks before the had finished the first. Also we were seated towards the front and every time the entrance opened we were blasted with cold air. The food was fantastic though (as always)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little event!SteveDined on 2/22/2014Was there for the 92.5 River event hosting Big Head Todd and the Monsters! We had a blast! Love the IPA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Bottom - Wang Center2GalsDined on 2/22/2014We went to the Rock Bottom Brewery for lunch before seeing the "Rain-Tribute to the Beatles" performance at the Citi-Wang Theatre .. The location was perfect / the food was fresh / the service was excellent ! We had the chicken tenders / the Iceberg wedge salad and the Waldorf salad - everything was fresh and yummy / standard, safe chain food choices but done well ! The beer sampler was VERY tasty and very reasonably priced - 6 (2oz) samples of various beers - $6.00 / Our waitress was young, energetic and very helpful with suggestions. Our total bill, with 2 glasses of wine plus everything else .. UNDER $50 If you heading to the theatre district looking for a "good" inexpensive lunch, we would definetly recommend the Rock Bottom Brewery ..Special Features:
- Solid food, great beerhistoryprofDined on 2/15/2014Rock bottom brewery in Boston has an all-American menu that is not adventurous, but it is solid. The foods is what in German would be called "gutbuergerlich," not fancy or fine, but it tastes good and fills the stomach. it is well-seasoned, the portions are reasonable, as are the prices. The beer on tap is great. The brewery's own beers cover a wide range of tastes, and the other beers on tap also are very good. One could easily spend an afternoon here, if one had a designated driver and nothing else to do for the next day. Good value for one's money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We made a reservation here for my daughter's 21st birthday for a mixed group of 6 -- ages ranging from 20's to 50's. We had excellent service from our waitress, who was very attentive and informative. Tthe manager, Patrick, was responsive and terrific, as well. First, Patrick bought my daughter her first drink for her birthday. Then, when her burger was delayed due to a kitchen problem, he bought that for her as well. It was a delay of only a few minutes, and the rest of the food was timely and delicious. Nachos and calamari were great apps, and the burgers were so juicy and tasty. I also thought the bill was very reasonable considering we all drank and had apps, even before the adjustments. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Lunch before TheaterSuzGVIPDined on 1/11/2014We love to go to Rock Bottom! We are there usually for lunch before the theater. I love their sangria, the lunch menu is varied and always delicious. Service is excellent and they make sure that you are out in time but at the same time, never feel rushed. The beer selection is also varied. Love the Kobe beef sliders with thinly sliced onion rings. You certainly get your money's worth.Special Features:
- Guess we picked the wrong nightRushedDinerDined on 12/10/2013My group had tickets to an event at a local theater so we picked Rock Bottom due to its location. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated right away. It took 20 mins for the waiter to take our order. Then, despite assurances that it would be just a little longer, we waited 40 mins for our meals to arrive (2 burgers, a salad, a pasta dish & 2 kids meals). The manager informed us that they had a party of 30 and the kitchen got slammed. The lack of actual information from the staff left us frustrated and inhaling food in the 10 minutes we had left to eat. I expect more from a restaurant that is very close to a number of theaters and must be accustomed to guests on a timetable. I would not recommend this restaurant if you are in a rush!
- yayBeanDined on 12/8/2013We went before a show and were very impressed. Will definately return. Service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapponted by one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013We love going to Rock Bottom and always go there before or after we see a show. But unfortunately, this time, we were greatly disappointed. We dined before a show, made reservations very early so that we wouldn't have to wait. On the night we ate there, it was bitterly cold and very windy. Our table was right in front of the door, which there was a sign that said not to use it and to use the revolving one instead, but many people didn't pay attention to that sign. The staff didn't try to intervene at all and we asked if we would be moved since every time the door was used, it literally took our breath away and we were freezing. The waitress kindly checked with the hostess said no. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodTheDogDined on 12/5/2013My wife and I booked a reservation at the last minute and found a place that we'll return to. The location, food and service was oustanding!! I had the Waldorf salad and it was fantastic! The home brewed beers were outstanding and we we're each able to find one fit our pallet.Special Features:
- I had a late dinner at RockOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2013I had a late dinner at Rock Bottom after a show on a Sunday night. Think of it as an upscale sports bar. The ambiance is dark and comfortable with many TV's and a large bar. The noise level due to the music can very high. It was not packed on a Sunday night, but it can be on other nights with a pretty mixed crowd. It is within walking distance of most of Boston's theaters. There is nothing particularly fancy about the food, but it is consistently tasty and inexpensive. The house-brewed beers are also excellent. I have never had an issue with service the few times that I have dined here. It is a good choice when you are looking for a casual and relatively cheap dinner, late night snack, or drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eat before a showMetrowestDined on 11/29/2013Food and drinks were great. Our server looked like he had a rough night though. We usually go to Rock Bottom before theater events with teh kids. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater BargainAmy223Dined on 11/27/2013After dropping a ton of money on theater tickets - if you want to go and enjoy dinner with that - choose RBB. Prices are cheaper than we pay in the Burbs...and the food is GREAT!!!!!!!! drinks, app, dinner, dessert for 4 - $125. IN BOSTON ACROSS FROM THE THEATER! Can't beat it -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatreNancyDined on 11/24/2013Great place to grab dinner before a show. Good food, lively atmosphere and won't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "perfect after show spot"apinciaroVIPDined on 11/22/2013I work close by and recommend my guests here often. Over the weekend I attended a show with my family and made 10:15pm reservations for dinner. Our server was warm and friendly. Very quick with our drinks and food! Will absolutely continue to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reliable food and diverse menuJimluvsmusicDined on 11/21/2013Rock Bottom is a favorite before-concert (or theater) place for a good and quick bite or beer. The food is very good, the beer is as well. Prices are reasonable. Can be noisy so not a place for a special occasion or romantic dinner, but a fun place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choice jn the theatre distriOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2013We went for dinner before going to the theatre. This restaurant serves a reasonably priced and varied menu. Service was attentive but not overly so. Food was tasty and portions were the right size. Good beer and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pubOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013Good pub with good service and gear selection of home brewed beers.Special Features:
- Awesome spot before a show!cvieira1838Dined on 11/7/2013At 5:30pm there was a 45min walk-in wait but we had a reservation and were seated right away. The energy at this place was awesome for a Thursday night in the city. This place has a ton of beer to choose from and the prices were unbelievably low for a bar literally steps away from the Wilbur Theatre. It was 3.50 for most of the draft beers on the menu and they had a beer of the week that was 3.00. The food options were great too-- I got chicken avocado sandwich and my friend got pulled pork sandwich. Both were made well, had plenty of flavor and tasted great. Our server was attentive and answer all of our questions about beer, wine and food. The draft beer makes my top 5 as the amount of carbonation the house brews was almost undetectable.Special Features:
- Always deliversCarolDined on 10/19/2013My family meets here often for good food, drink, and conversation. The atmosphere is lively but we can talk comfortably. Drinks and food always good and affordanle. Service friendly and competent. Great neighborhhod staple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual but energetic eateryConnieJDined on 10/19/2013We were a group of 8 and were seated promptly at our reservation time (which was nice, since the place was packed on this evening). Service was polite and prompt. Food was perfectly fine for a bar-type atmosphere (burgers are a recommended item here). Noise level was VERY high. We were at a large table because of our group size, and it was hard to hold any conversation with those on the other side of the table - I felt hoarse by the time we left. We were there for an early dinner at happy hour time (6pm) on a Saturday, so perhaps it is a bit less energetic for lunch or later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and excellent servicesteveDined on 9/25/2013Good food and excellent service as we were dining prior to a show and our server provided fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre concert dinnerPatFanDined on 9/24/2013Arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and was seated promptly. Waitress was excellent, attentative and personable. Food was above average bar food, nicely served. Beer choices are excellent, both their own tap brews as well as regional/national bottle selections. Service was prompt and timely allowing a liesurely dinner before the show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has been redonejojoVIPDined on 9/12/2013This place has been redone from when I last went there in 2007 and i like the look. Looks like a sophisticated sports bar. Not divey, clean & modern. The bar is now in the center of the restaurant and you can see the TVs from almost any where in the restraurant. The reason we chose this place is because it was one of the only places still serving food in the theatre disctrict after the shows got out and we also wanted to watch the Patriots game. My only issue was that the direct tv kept cutting in and out, not what a sports fan wants to experience during a heated game. Great beer selection, food was good, lots of options, and reasonably prices, service was good.Special Features:
- No service at all for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2013So this is my second time dining at Rock Bottom at lunch time - the first time the service was slow, even though the restaurant was not crowded, but it was a Friday in summer so I figured they were short-handed. And the food was good. Yesterday we tried to have lunch, and I use the word tried, because we sat for 22 minutes and were not approached about even taking a drink order. The restaurant was busy, and we barely saw any wait staff at any table. So we left. As did a table next to us, who had been waiting even longer. We dined down the block at California Pizza Kitchen, and as we were walking back, we saw that another table next to us, who stayed, were just eating their entrees. Decent food, but be prepared to wait forever.
- Chose Rock Bottom for it'sMaggieDined on 9/8/2013Chose Rock Bottom for it's proximity to the Theatre District, and that it was a reasonably priced downtown Boston restaurant. No complaints, and some nice surprises in our personable and attentive waitress, Carrie, and some interesting menu choices. Food was tasty. Cocktails prepared to our liking and prices not ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We come here a lot for lunch.foodVIPDined on 9/3/2013We come here a lot for lunch. Food is decent, but on the pricer side for what it is. Service is inconsistent though - as someone who has been a server I can tell when staff is undertrained and it appears to be the case here.Special Features:
- Great pre show meeting placeDinOutDiva1Dined on 8/30/2013This about the 3rd time I've been to Rock Bottom. Perfect location for a preshow dinner or drinks and apps. The menu changes and keeps up with the seasons so there is always something new to try. They also handle groups well and I saw a few kids there on my way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty casual diningMOBtobe2014Dined on 8/23/2013great place to catch a meal before the theatre- casual- extensive menu choices, something for everyone's taste and reasonably priced. suggest reservation on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitstaffTmynohnDined on 8/22/2013DJ was a personable and attentive waitress. She was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorVisitorDined on 8/13/2013Enjoyed the dinning experience, it was noisy but there was road construction near by, wasn't crazy about the Mac & cheese but the rest of our selection were very good . Ribs and the chicken fried chicken was really good, next time in Boston I would come back. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!awfulVIPDined on 7/22/2013I was bummed to find that there are some recent menu changes in effect. The most notable was, they changed the cheese sauce for RB's legendary ballpark pretzels. But the real headline was the FANTASTIC server I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before The TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013My niece and I went to Rock Bottom before a show at the Wilbur Theater. We had excellent service; our waitress knew our time constraints and accommodated us. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fast and foodPattypatDined on 7/2/2013Service was fast and food was great. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was nice enough butmjmrmVIPDined on 6/26/2013Waitress was nice enough but didn't seem able to anticipate our needs (silverware, salt/pepper, refills, etc.). Maybe she was new?Special Features:
- This restaurant was great.DonnaDined on 6/8/2013This restaurant was great. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. She made a point of checking on us regularly without relaly bugging us. We only had appertizers. One was nachos and they were great. Instead of being stacked really high with dry chips they are spread out on a large platter so every bite has toppings on them and very delicious. The buffalo wings were perfectly spiced and the vegetable eggrolls were delicious. Most of us had margaritas but one girl had the pineapple mojito that the waitress recommended and said it was excellent. A very fun atmosphere. We didn't sit outside this time, but definitely want to go back to try their main courses. You wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.