Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
224 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33401Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roccostacos.com/
- Phone: 5616501001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm;
Thursday through Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Late Night Menu:
Thursday through Saturday: 12:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Joe Vassaluzzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Rocco Mangel 561-650-1001
A word from Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on Clematis Street. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in West Palm Beach ›
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (29)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (16)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Noisy and CrowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Granted we went on a Saturday early evening. They were able to seat us early at an outdoor table, which was good, because you would have to shout at your companion to be heard, but not good because the people waiting on a table were crowded around us. Service was excellent. The chips (which they charge for???) were coated in some kind of reddish spice which I think ruins the whole chips n salsa thing. Salsa was delish. Menu a bit pricey for Mexican food...$18 for fish tacos??? But, overall, I would go back, the food was fresh and tasty and it's in a prime spot on Clematis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Best fajitas we've ever had. Love they're opening on Atlantic ave Delray!!!Special Features:
- Great MexicanfladiningDined on 8/23/2014Authentic Mexican highly recommend!! Table side Guacamole ,authentic homemade chips and salsa great variety of specialty drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy Guacamole!!!!!!!!LifizgudDined on 8/21/2014We love this Mexican restaurant. The food is amazing. We commute here from NYC and are so excited that they are opening a new location in Brooklyn with a roof top. Now we can get simply delish Mexican in both states. By far the best Mexican we have ever had, just a fun place to go. Keep it up. The frozen margaritas are yummo. Can't just have one!!!!!Special Features:
- I recommend for sureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Great drinks, great food, great service but very loud. I took an employee there while traveling for work and hearing each other during conversation. I would recommend but recommend you hold out for an outside table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild Wonderful SceneJanTrishVIPDined on 8/16/2014Molcajetes! lava rock bowl filled with Shrimp, scallops, mahi, poblano chiles, calabaza squash, charred tomatoes served with flour tortillas, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, guacamole, sour cream, table side guacamole, salsa and Rocco's roasted flavored tortilla chips, and a healthy dose of Rocco's ANTIOXIDANT MARGARITA (Maestro Dobel, Cedilla Acai Liquor, Agave Nectar, Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice ) and indeed life is good!Special Features:
- No serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014We were seated outside upon our arrival. The table of four next to us sat down shortly after we did. A waitress came to take their drink orders. She brought back their drinks and took their order. Meanwhile, we sat looking at the menu. After fifteen minutes, we still had not been greeted by a server, so we left and went to a different restaurant. We had heard good things about the food at Rocco's, so it was disappointing that we didn't get the chance to try it.
- Fun DiningFoodFunDined on 7/31/2014If you are looking for a great spot for a fun night out with friends on Clamatis, this is a great place to start or end your night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tacosclinmedDined on 7/25/2014Great dinner for 2. Started with table side guac and pitcher of margaritas. We both had tacos and loved them equally. The mexican street corn on was delicious! We ended with a piece of cake. We loved our food and left with super full bellies.Special Features:
- ExcellentAveragejoeDined on 7/23/2014We were visiting west palm from Chicago and ate here twice. We loved it so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMichaelVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had another great meal (and cocktails) at Rocco's. Our server Michael was super attentive and personable. I wish we were staying in WPB longer so we could visit a 3rd time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMichaelVIPDined on 6/27/2014As always, Rocco's was great. Good food, good drink, and good service....who could ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free Shots Yeah Right!DontgetscamedDined on 6/21/2014This is a joke, Rocco himself runs around on the loud speaker and say's "Free shots to all of the bald guys!!! Actually free shots to everyone!!" WATCH YOUR BILLS FOLKS this is a scam. There were 6 of us and we were charged for the 6 shots. I guess they think most people will not look at their bills. The only thing going are the cool lights and the chips....
- Good food every time. Noisy.captscottsoDined on 6/21/2014This downtown hotspot is consistently good. But be prepared for lots of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocco's disappointingDinesOutOftenDined on 6/20/2014Had been meaning to try Rocco's and was in the Palm Beach area. Food was below-average and service uninterested. Instead of serving good, fresh Mexican food Rocco's tries to put a "spin" on it and fails. Guacamole has added unnecessary spices and tortilla chips are drowned in chili powder. Sangria was watered down and awful. Will not return.
- Rocco'scjgrogVIPDined on 6/19/2014Very good food & service. So loud, couldn't carry on a conversation with others at the same table.Special Features:
- Rocco's rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Fun place with great food. We went back the second night to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacks the zipdineout3VIPDined on 6/1/2014The palm beach Gardens location had the heart service and ambience of it's West palm Beach Cousin but not the pleasantly hot spicy flavor of its food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/1/2014We love this restaurant, the location and food is great. The service this time wasn't great but will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Rocco's rocksFoodloverDined on 5/24/2014The guacamole is what keeps us coming back we were in Vegas for 4months nothing out there compares to this place,we were dying to get back to have the guacamole there were only 3 of us but we got 2orders of it,we love it so much and it's so cool how they make it front of you,sadly one of ours had a hair in it ,but they quickly made us a new one.the pitchers of margaritas are awesome also ,I had a shrimp taco that was fantastic and a mixed salad which was wonderful also,our friend had some sort of steak dish that was delicious also,service was top notch I have been a bartender/server for 18 years,and every time we go the service is great.we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceLuv2gooutDined on 5/17/2014This is the first time I use open table for reservations and I thought it wouldn't work. We got to the restaurant 1/2 hour before, people were waiting for 1/2 hr to be seated and to our surprise they had our table ready and were seated right away, before our reservation time. For now on I will use open table for reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatGatorgirlDined on 5/11/2014Rocco's is my favorite Palm Beach County restaurant. The food is always fantastic, the margaritas delicious, and the service friendly. It's atmosphere is fun and upbeat! It is a place that I like to go both with and without kids.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Restaurant was lively. Good food. Great location. Had fun!Special Features:
- The following 292 reviews are from the Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar reviews archive.
- Worst. Service. Ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014I have been to Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar before but I have never had such a terrible experience. The waitstaff were horrible, the rudest I have ever encountered. Very disappointing because the food is great and I love the location in Orlando but I would never go to the West Palm Beach location again.
- fun placeOHfriendsinwpb2014Dined on 4/25/2014Service was excellent, waiter, Michael, took good care of us. Loved the variety of dishes to choose from. Food was large in portion size and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Extremely noisy but kid friendly with interesting food different from the typical Mexican fare. The service was okay. The fresh guacamole and chips are excellent, but rich and filling, so consider a smaller entree.Special Features:
- This is a tough review toHopsVIPDined on 4/14/2014This is a tough review to write. We had a great table. The guacamole was good although not prepared table side which would be a nice touch. The chips were extremely salty and the pitcher of Cadillac margaritas was very weak with no flavor (except lime juice). After waiting an unusual period of time for the entries, I asked our server for a status, apparently they were dropped coming out of the kitchen. Then we waited again for our tacos and tamale only to receive them cold...oops. I had it by then and asked for manager who politely apologized but said these things do happen at restaurants--I trust she was referring to the occasional dropped food and not delivering cold food. She did pick up the check to that point which was gracious.
- Chaos and mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014Mediocre food and chaotic, noisy, bustling restaurant. Stale chips, sangria was nothing special. Children everywhere screaming. Dined 8:00 on a Saturday night. Service was good.Special Features:
- Raves for Rocco'sClematisFanDined on 4/12/2014Harboring a craving for some good Mexican food, we ventured to Rocco's Tacos on Clematis Street in Downtown West Palm Beach and were not disappointed. The chips and salsa were good and the made-at-your-table guacamole is suburb. We ordered a pitcher of sangria and it was very good, as were the wet burritos. As dessert connoisseurs, we found the tres leches cake, flan and churros excellent - and chocolate sauce dribbled over the churros is among the best chocolate we've ever had.Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican Cuisine8winesDined on 4/10/2014Great local eat. Enjoyed the ambience, energy and service. Patio was lively. Nachos, salsa and guacamole were made fresh. Probably one of the best Mexican restaurants I have visited. Great job Rocco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Party!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2014Not for those wishing for a "quiet, romantic dinner"...BUT a perfect spot for happy hour and larger groups. A good time was had by all!Special Features:
- Always great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/1/2014Always have a great meal at Rocco's. Taco Tuesday is fun and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great serviceTacoTuesdayDined on 3/29/2014Our server was attentive (but not over bearing) and was very polite. Refilled our drinks automatically & had no problem bringing anything we needed.We asked for medium guacamole but it was not spicy when they brought it, so he got jalapenos so we could spice it to our liking! I had the grilled steak with smoky chipotle cream, sweet potato & spinach. TO DIE FOR! My picky son had the child's quesadilla and this is now his favorite restaurant. We had a table right near the entrance & it was raining so there were alot of people there. There should be more separation between waiting & eating guests. A guy almost elbowed me in my face as he was waiting for a table. They had a covered canopy where they could have gathered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is awesome!AnnBVIPDined on 3/16/2014We are so happy that Rocco's has added brunch. Bottomless mimosas, eggs, and guacamole all in one place! Awesome!Special Features:
- First Bad ExperienceFoodie428Dined on 3/15/2014Love Roccos! BUT i have never been to this location on Clematis...was really looking forward to going i was craving their amazing food so bad. I ordered 2 very simple chicken tacos and a sangria. Food came out quick BUT COLD!!! And not the way i ordered it. I don't like to send food back and i was starving so i just ate it. Very disappointed. And halfway through my meal, my drink finally came out When i had to remind the waitress to bring it! NOT GOOD! This location needs some serious help. The place wasn't busy, there were a ton of people standing around not working so plenty of hands to help out and the experience was still pretty bad. Will NOT be going back to this location. Ill stay at the one in ft Lauderdale which is wonderful!Special Features:
- DisappointingBeccaDined on 3/13/2014This was my second and last time at Rocco's Tacos. To start, the chips are awful because they add "spices," which do not enhance their taste, plus they taste like flour tortilla chips, although I was told they are corn. The chicken, chorizo and fish tacos all tasted the same - bland and tasteless.
- Dreaming of fish tacosDelraydinerVIPDined on 3/12/2014This was my first time going to Rocco's. We were seated immediately when we got there to a nice comfortable table. I ordered a fish taco and a pulled chicken taco. They were the perfect size and very fresh. I have been dreaming of them ever since!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudMichaelGDined on 3/12/2014You'll enjoy the food and the margaritas but if you want to actually talk to your companions find another placeSpecial Features:
- Delicious tacosmobilevitoVIPDined on 3/9/2014I ordered the tacos, which seem to be the main focus here. They have many different choices, both with innovative ingredients and traditional (chicken, beef, fish). They offer 3 choices for shells: flour, soft corn, and hard corn. The pitcher of margaritas was good and inexpensive. We also had the table-side guacamole. Contrary to other reviews we did get a booth (without even asking), but we also had 5 in our party. Very good food and reasonably priced. Perfect for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodfoodieDined on 3/6/2014We arrived late and we couldn't call to let them know because our flight was delayed and circling. They were nearly full but were able to set us within a few minutes! The margaritas were great! The fresh guacamole was too mild for my taste, but may appeal to more that way. Vegetable enchilada were tasty. Nice meal all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.