Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - PGA
5090 PGA Blvd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - PGA
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roccostacos.com/
- Phone: (561) 623-0068
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner; Sunday Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Danny Massa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Come see the now Famous "Rocco Tequila Dance" Fridays and Saturday Nights.
A word from Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - PGA
Rocco"s Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on PGA Blvd. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - PGA - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach Gardens ›
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - PGA reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (23)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)special occasion (5)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- LouperDined on 11/21/2014Food is good, service spotty. Nice outdoor area. Inside is very loud when busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food to noiseydonedocDined on 11/6/2014That says it all. My only complaint was that I literally had to shout for my date to hear meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambiance, not that good foodcrisDined on 10/26/2014The place it is very nice, full of details and wonderful outside and inside ambiance. The guacamole is very good but the tacos weren't good at all. Maybe it is a good place for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- Another outstanding experienceTherealakurtzDined on 10/24/2014Another outstanding experience, we followed our waiters suggestion on food and were extremely pleased! The food was excellent, as usual, and the margaritas were awesome. This is definitely our "date night" spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise like a Seattle Seahawk gameYNOTVIPDined on 10/17/2014I had a reservation, but no table was available. After 30 minutes, we were offered a table in a "quieter" part of the restaurant. That worked until the speakers, one right above our table were turned on. Conversation was no longer possible. Parking was also a nightmare, with waits of over 10 minutes. Apparently, they have no idea where they park your car, so they just run around until they find your car. Eventually, I spotted my own car, just 30 feet away. All in all, the evening was awful. I have enjoyed Rocco's in the past-no longer will it be high on my list.Special Features:
- Rocco's Tacos - a miss for meJessieDined on 10/15/2014I must say, mexican food is not my favorite because I have a chili allergy, but usually I can find a handful of items that I can eat without issue. Rocco's had a menu w/ chili powder in every dish. Literally. They have a homemade spice mix that has chili in it & was told by waiter (thru chef) that it's used on everything. The only thing I was able to safely eat was a cheese quesadilla, tasty, but boring w/o guacamole or pico de gallo (they use chili powder & chilies in them). Waiter very sensitive & helpful so 4 stars for the service, not 5 as it took a long time to actually get food/service. Nice outdoor seating. Overall, a miss for me for food, but would consider a drink in the lounge area.Special Features:
- Never agrees with my stomachCdp311Dined on 10/2/2014I've always been a fan of Rocco's. I love the guacamole and the chips are really spectacular. As always, I enjoy the food in the moment, but regret getting anything other than guacamole the rest of the night/next day. And it's consistently like that at all locations. Not sure if it's the seasoning the make the tacos with, or the hot sauce not meshing well with my stomach, but it literally happens everytime I eat there. Not sure what it is, but after being burned so many times, I think I'm going to only get guac from now on. Service was really great, our server was "Breezy" and he was beyond fabulous. Didn't like how I had to wait for the 2 late people in my party to show up to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find in PB GardensJsneVIPDined on 10/2/2014I am a frequent visitor to Rocco's Tacos and highly recommend this vibrant restaurant. I've visited Rocco's about 3 or 4 times in the past month. Stop by for they home-made guacamole which is absolutely wonderful and made right ay your table. The tacos are awesome and we seem to order the same menu items each time because they are so very good. I cannot say enough good things about Rocco's!Special Features:
- VibrantCarinaDined on 8/1/2014This was the second time I've been to Rocco's Tacos. My first visit was in January. I was really happy this time because the weather was great so we sat outside. We got placed away from the bar which was full. I wouldn't have minded being near the action but I guess it was nice to be in a quieter area. The food was better than I remembered. We ordered guacamole, ceviche, and I had a pork taco. The first time I ordered tacos there was way more cheese than what I like, so this time I asked for no cheese. The first time they also had two tortilla shells on my 3 tacos which was too thick for my liking...this time there was only one. I will be going back again and ordering the guacamole. The chips and guacamole are a huge portion, but delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food, Including GuacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014I had never heard of this chain, but my son had. We ate outside. The guacamole made at table-side was exquisite. I had the meal that is similar to fajitas, and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 176 reviews are from the Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - PGA reviews archive.
- Excellent as alwaysBorninsicilyDined on 7/26/2014One of our favorite places. Excellent food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and great even for lunch !LFalkVIPDined on 7/15/2014We were recommended or go to Rocco's while on vacation and were happy we went! The place is gorgeous and fun love the decor! The food was awesome and we would go back next time we visit from NJ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still perfectscarlesDined on 7/12/2014Noisy inside but we knew that before. It's perfect place for lunch or diner outside. everything is perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuacamoleSwimmomVIPDined on 7/2/2014The guacamole was really great. Otherwise, I would have given the food a lower score.
- awesomeGuacamoleDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I like to take our guests from out of town here. Good food, fun environment and awesome guacamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a findyummyDined on 6/17/2014my family was recently in palm beach gardens staying at the PGA National resort and this restaurant was recommended by the valet staff. They said it was fun, yummy and kid friendly and they were right! It was so good and the guacamole was sensational! The waitstaff was wonderful and the décor was so fun! I highly recommend this restaurant! My kids loved it and they are extremely picky!Special Features:
- Too loudAmeliapondDined on 6/7/2014I've been to Rocco's Tacos several times. Their guacamole is amazing and all the dishes I've had were delicious. The visual ambiance of Rocco's is gorgeous. Amber colored lights, flame torches on the patio and an overall rustic feel. My ONLY complaint is that it's WAY too loud. If you're going here for dinner expect an almost club like atmosphere and to not be able to hear what the person next to you is saying without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsGet2knowmeDined on 6/3/2014I made an opentable reservation which they did not honor and I specifically asked for a booth and did not save one. The hostess said they don't honor the reservations and did not make me, the guest, feel welcomed or comfortable to dine in. They also left my partner and I standing clueless in the middle of the dining room trying to find a seat to place us at. On the other hand, my server was great and the food was good as expected even though I had to sit outside.Special Features:
- Great Food!cbs1020VIPDined on 6/1/2014I live 5 minutes away and have never eaten at Rocco's. That changed last week. Not only did I have a great meal, but went back the next night for the amazing guacamole...made right at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy party going ongibsongirlVIPDined on 5/23/2014This place is a fun, noisy, party!!! The menu is an extensive listing of Mexican dishes with all flavors of margaritas. We enjoy the party atmosphere, the food and drinks, but be prepared for lots of noise!Special Features:
- Eat outside for talkingLadyloggerheadDined on 5/17/2014We sat inside last time and didn't like it as well as outside. You have to talk over loud music. Guacamole and chips were excellent. Both our meals were not as good as last time, and mine was much spicier than before. Still OK, but I wouldn't order the same thing again.Special Features:
- Very niceBobFDined on 5/14/2014Food and ambiance great. Only problem is that hostess always gives a difficult time honoring reservations. They always attempt to seat us inside instead of outdoors as we request at time of reservation.Special Features:
- Brunchbrunch4meDined on 5/11/2014Great brunch with mimosas and bloody May's. Kitchen was "off" when we were there, but our great server made up for it. If you like Mexican fare for brunch you must try this place. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond bad.LItoFLVIPDined on 5/2/2014Went with my husband and another couple to celebrate my birthday, and everything about this night was awful. When something spilled and we used our napkins to mop it up, we asked the waiter for more napkins..and he brought one for the four of us. When our frozen margaritas arrived melted, the waiter took them back, and the bartender must have just added ice, because they came back frozen but tasteless. My husband and I ordered a dish that had several ingredients, but asked for ours with no chicken. It came with chicken. By the time they re-made the dish, our friends had finished eating. I ordered a second frozen margarita with dinner. It was better, but there was a large chunk of glass missing from the base of my glass. Never going back.
- Loud and UninvitingFoodieDivaDined on 5/2/2014My spouse and I were looking forward to trying Rocco's for several months. From the outside we saw it as a hopping place with a sweet looking atmosphere. We were sorely disappointed. Parking was stressful and a nightmare (narrow lot with limited spots), waiter was incredibly awkward, the acoustics were awful (couldn't hear one another talk) and the food made our stomachs hurt. The guacamole appetizer was delicious and the cooking presentation was neat, but the restaurant was incredibly narrow to squeeze by. This is a bar restaurant and for that reason we wouldn't return again.Special Features:
- For a good time...TgarDined on 5/2/2014We had a great time as usual and always love coming here. The Margaritas and food here is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Great Food, great atmosphere and warm caring service, sat outside, greatly appreciated the complimentary Champagne, cheesecake flan was delicious, very good food and service for the price, second time there, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodcaptscottsoDined on 5/1/2014I'm a Rocco's Tacos fan. I've eaten in West Palm and Palm Beach Gardens locations. Everything is good, service is good. Only complaint is server convinced me to try a different tequila in my margarita. First one was fine. Second one was made differently. He claimed bartender put a floater in it. It tasted more like paint remover. The glass was too full as we'll and all the salt on the rim washed off both margaritas. What's the point of getting salt if it's going to get washed away? Otherwise dinner was great. I enjoy the Garden's location because it's not as crazy as the Clematis St location.Special Features:
- fun with friendsdceatsVIPDined on 4/28/2014hostess was accommodating and got us a table outside as requested...they even brought fresh cold water for our dog!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall goodmicvicDined on 4/25/2014Keeping things in perspective, Rocco's was very good. Friendly prompt service. Food was good. Nice outdoor seating, people were having a good time. What more could you want if you are not looking for gourmet dining. Oh, prices were fair too! Go with some friends and/or your dog! Too loud for dogs in my opinion, but some sported them anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best placeIluvwineVIPDined on 4/18/2014we love this place. will continue to go never had a problem. service is the best. food is great! you wont be disappointed.Special Features:
- Way too loudEllenPBGDined on 4/3/2014The music is played so loud, inside and out, that it harms the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itYummyVIPDined on 3/31/2014Drinks were awesome. Guacamole served table side was delicious. Service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey ..... Food averageSamiDined on 3/30/2014Its too bad the food isn't better because its a nice spot. This was my third time dining and it was pretty much the same. I was disappointed each time. In the future I will eat elsewhere and come here for a nightcap with friends. I have heard others complain about the same as I. The amount of food for the price just isn't in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceMacTDined on 3/29/2014A good idea gone bad. It is so noisy that it is even hard to hear yourself think. The food, at best, was decent but hard to appreciate when all you could do was hope it would end quickly. Anyone over the age of 25 and has nothing to talk about to their dining partner will like this place. The service was spotty and very un-attentive...they could probably stand to have a few less tables per server.
- Great Mexican Non-ChainmlfpvdDined on 3/28/2014Although Rocco's is a local chain, a first time guest would never know it. The menu is unique, the choices varied and inclusive, and the atmosphere fresh. The hook here is the guacamole bar, brought tableside, to be made freshly for you with your customized choice of flavors. Our salad portions were huge and either could be shared or brought home for a subsequent meal. And the eponymous tacos are full, flavorful and well presented and worth a try even as just a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is my second visit and1888Dined on 3/26/2014this is my second visit and I have not been disappointes either time. I have enjoyed my experience both times and recommend this restaurant to anyone in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLou1146Dined on 3/25/2014We had a table of six. The service and food were great. Great margaritas and lots of different tequilas. Definitely go back.Special Features:
- not authentic mexicanironchefDined on 3/24/2014While the food was ok, I had the chile relano with goat cheese and a cheese enchaliada on the side, it was not authentic Mexican. It was wall street chain food. The chips, salsa and guacamole were very good, fresh, homemade, but the entrée was to Americanized. If I go back, it will be for lunch and I will try the tacos as I understand the taco is homemade. The service was very good and the wait staff was very concerned that we liked our dinners. My husband had the pork burrito, he said it was good, but not great. I left most of it on the plate. The burrito is served cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud. Turn the music downFoodieVIPDined on 3/22/2014Too loud. Turn the music down a notch so we don't have to shout to hear each other!Special Features: