Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando
7468 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roccostacos.com/
- Phone: 4072260550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Stevens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Let Rocco"s Tacos help you to host your next event here at our restaurant, your home, office, or any other destination of your choosing. Contact our banquet and event sales manager today for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Rocco"s Tacos offers a selection of private dining capabilities on premise. Host your next private dining event here from groups of 20 to 200. Contact our banquet and event sales manager today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Vittas 4072260550
- Entertainment: Rocco"s Tacos Orlando provides DJ entertainment on a nightly basis to help create a vibrant and energetic dining experience. Please call our restaurant for a updated schedule.
A word from Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor lakeside dining along beautiful Sand Lake. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (90)good for groups (85)hot spot (82)great for outdoor dining (65)scenic view (60)special occasion (49)late-night find (49)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (37)kid-friendly (26)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (13)romantic (9)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Nice outdoor dininganniemousDined on 8/27/2014Beautiful view, perfect skinny margaritas, great cervicheSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the serviceMexchicaDined on 8/19/2014My waitress was amazing! Food very delicious and the avion limonade to die for... I had the elotes since that's the main reason I went and the guacamole.... That could have been my meal... So good!!! I also had the pork tacos, speechless.... Perfect girls' night out spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceneighborhoodyDined on 8/16/2014Would love to see the waiters flexible and empowered. Slow service. Bartenders seem to bully and challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blastThirstyPlatopussDined on 8/14/2014GREAT food! Chris the new server did a great job for his first night. Definitely going back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tacos and TequilaSupindaWDined on 8/12/2014We went here on Taco & Tequila Tuesday, we didn't know this but had a great time. Restaurant and bar very busy, the food and drinks were good. The guacamole made at your table was divine. Would definitely return - on any night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, fun, fun!janem1Dined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious - margaritas were awesome - service was excellent - I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableexcellentVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good. You must try to table side guacamole. Marinated skirt steak was excellent. It is a noisy restaurant, it has 2 bars in it.
- Excellent choice!!iHopeMediaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent choice. Wow...this place was amazing, table side guacamole, Pam Rita, great selection of entrees topped off with churros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!!Exny90Dined on 8/6/2014We were recommended by a friend to try this out... Boy were we disappointed. Our food was cold, fish tacos were horrible, and had to pay for chips and salsa?? Who had to pay for chips and salsa in a Mexican restaurant?Special Features:
- not2pickyVIPDined on 8/4/2014It was our first visit. I thought the food was OK, everything seemed heavily seasoned. I ordered the chimichanga and frankly thought the wrap was too doughy - would have preferred an ordinary tortilla. Sides (rice and beans) were tasty, and fresh made guacamole was excellent. The tortilla chips were seasoned and at first bite seemed very good, but after eating several, the seasoning seemed overwhelming.Special Features:
- Overall excellent!Foodie328Dined on 8/1/2014This was out first time here and we loved it. Food, service and atmosphere was excellent! Everyone was so attentive and friendly. Guacamole made fresh at the table and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative MexicanVerodanDined on 7/30/2014Fun atmosphere and attentive, personable service. Really enjoyed the food, but found the drinks to be mediocre - Roco/Pam ritas at $12 seemed watery. The Cochinitas pork tamale was fantastic and so was the chile relleno. The tableside guacamole is a must-have. will definitely go back to try some of the other interesting menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I always make Rocco's a priority when visiting Orlando. The food is incredible. Make sure to book a reservation, there is always a wait since this place is so awesome!Special Features:
- Good but not GreatCweb103VIPDined on 7/26/2014We went here on Saturday evening as a group of four. We were seated close to our reservation time which was nice considering how packed it was. The ambiance is amazing, but its ridiculously loud. We could not hear anything and we had to shout at each other in order to talk. Our service was very good. Everything else was hit or miss. The strawberry basil margarita and the acai margaritas on the rocks were fantastic. The frozen blood orange and regular frozen margaritas were not good. The tableside guacamole was a nice treat and very tasty, even though it needed more lime and salt. The chips were great. The tacos were poor. Very americanized and flour tortillas. I am a taco purist, so corn tacos all the way. Id go back for drinks.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing & expensivedbasket4Dined on 7/26/2014Both my husband and my dinners were overcooked and lacking authentic Mexican flavor. Our waiter clearly wanted us to leave as we sat talking over drinks...cleared our table leaving barely our cocktails. There are several other places I would rather pay for an over-priced meal with great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Rocco's TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014I must say over all had a great time one little hiccup keg ran out a server forgot to come back with beer. My wife's meal was out standing a lava pot dinner. My street tacos were a little on the salty side but the top shelf cocktails made up for them. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican with Attitudestiels08Dined on 7/18/2014I think it is hard to find really good Mexican food in the Orlando area and Rocco's makes my decision easier. We live in Tampa and spend a lot of weekends in Orlando. Every time we hit the Orlando area, we make a stop into Rocco's. You cannot beat the food or atmosphere. Great draft beer selection and if you like tequila, you better make the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican EatsMitchBDined on 7/14/2014Let me start by saying "TABLE SIDE Guacamole." Prepared table side...to your liking. The menu is full of great ideas and excellent flavors. Seafood, chicken, pork, steak in the form of tacos, enchiladas, Molcajetes or platters all very good.Special Features:
- Loved the food!!GoodEatsAreGoodDined on 7/13/2014Before dining at Rocco's Tacos on the 13th, I had only been there once and even though it was on a Friday night and it was noisy and crowded, I wanted to go back. So I was so excited to get to eat there again this past Sunday, the 13th and I was not disappointed. The food was great and the service was even better. I am already looking forward to the next time I get to go eat there because there is not a Rocco's Taco in the area where I live.Special Features:
- Roco's break the bankOrlandocoupleDandLDined on 7/11/2014Both me and my fiancé love Roco's for the atmosphere and the great lake view! However we find it to be over priced. There are no drink specials, and we arrived early...6:30. That is not competitive because we could go to many places in Orlando and find drink specials, even on a Friday night. My fiancé had an expensive dish, 18.00, but all I ordered were two taco's and a side of plantains. We also had the over priced Guacamole appetizer at 12.50. For my experience of eating two (non exciting) tacos and plantains, along with guacamole, the bill was outrageous. We left out of there with the tip, close to 100.00...and we only had two drinks each.Special Features:
- Amazing SceneMC143VIPDined on 7/8/2014Each time we've gone to Rocco's, it's been packed and there's always so much energy. The DJs play great music and the service is outstanding. We went on Tacos Tuesday night, with all-you-can-eat tacos and great deals on drinks. Guacamole was fantastic. (Don't forget to tip the guac guy!)Special Features:
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014The restaurant was ridiculously noisy. It was impossible to have a conversation at our table. This was our second time at this restaurant and both times were nearly unbearable. We will NOT make a third visit.Special Features:
- Yummy food!CrisvwDined on 7/5/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. We just wanted a laid back dinner with a view of the water. The food was awesome but the drinks weren't great. We ended up hanging out at our table after dinner to listen to the music. Overall it was good. Still one of my favorite spots for dinner because the food is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and drinksclassy23VIPDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding service, food, tequila. The place is amazing. Everyone working there knows the menu, tequilia's and us beyond perfection. I would recommend to everyone. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed!!! Loved it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better options for same/lower priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Menu was pricey, food was little above avg. Enjoyed guacamole and chips. Mahdi taco and burrito were average and way overpriced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014The good is great and it is always packed. If you want to go you need to make a reservation. If you don't on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday nights you will wait at least an hour. Staff is friendly but the tend to forget about tables with 4 or less people. This has happened to me the last 4x I have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just fabulouskarynDined on 7/1/2014this was my second time there and I had such a wonderful time. if I could afford it this would be fine every week spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Mexican foodGrasshopperVIPDined on 6/29/2014Guacomole was the best thing, but bland compared to other Mexican places in Orlando. Margaritas were awful for the 2nd time (too sour). Salsa tasted like it came from canned tomatoes. Tacos were too thick and ingredients inside were tasteless. Mole poblano sauce was too sweet. Salad just didn't taste good. Music was way too loud ... had to constantly scream across table to have a conversation.
- Great food and funMuskratRanchDined on 6/29/2014The food is always great and we had an awesome waitress!! Always a fun time and an awesome free dessert for my wife birthday :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would come back for the barChowFunDined on 6/28/2014Great place and energy. The food is a bit expensive. Great for groups, random conga lines and people dancing to the 90's music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LoveitVIPDined on 6/23/2014Love everything! Wish one would open in Charlotte,NC. Hint, hint!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocco's for lunchYisthisVIPDined on 6/19/2014This was our first time for lunch at Rocco's as we'd always gone for dinner before. Lunch was just as good. Menu is the same (I think) and the service and quality of everything was great too.Special Features:
- dinemeDined on 6/18/2014lively crowd at all times. go for the fun. the food is great and very plentiful you won't go away hungry at Rocco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, but noisy!chowhoundDined on 6/15/2014The food and ambiance at Rocco's is outstanding, but the noise level is off the charts! The view of the lake from the porch is beautiful and the noise level is somewhat toned down in that area, but it's nearly impossible to communicate with those at your table in the interior of the restaurant. Turning down the music a bit would certainly help, but the hard surfaces and large seating capacity add to the noise problem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was good. Tableside guacamole was excellent :-) the drinks are expensive($14 each), very strong, and honestly not that great! We had the blood orange and antioxidant margaitas, and ted sangria...and I wasnt thrilled with any of them. I would go back for the food and maybe dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!educate10Dined on 6/14/2014I had a great experience!! We had family in from out of town and I knew I could count on Rocco's Tacos for a great experience, and I was right!!! My family was impressed with the food and the atmosphere!!! Rocco's is always up for the challenge of entertaining guestSpecial Features:
- Grrrrreat food!babybella1113Dined on 6/14/2014Me, my husband & our baby had a wonderful dining experience yesterday. I had requested a quiet comfortable table away from loud noise & sure enough the friendly hostess accomodated us. Out food was fresh hot & beyond delicious. This is my 2nd time here & id definitely come back & I highly recommend it! Thank you. Sandy & DiegoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I made a reservation for my husband birthday and I did not like the table we got was almost in the parking lot of the restaurant. And we attended we were almost running to us quickly. The only thing was that we taste the food.
- Fantastic ExperienceAllie37Dined on 6/10/2014From the margherita pitcher to the world-class guacamole, to the all you can eat taco deals, to the $5 tequila shots. Everything was perfect for this late-night find. The live mixing DJ played a perfect mixture of music that had everyone dancing at their tables and at the bar. Service was personable and caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server awfulNinja65Dined on 6/10/2014Terrible service -server ignored all request and was late with everything she acted like she hated her job - not friendly or interactive