Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando
7468 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roccostacos.com/
- Phone: 4072260550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Stevens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Let Rocco"s Tacos help you to host your next event here at our restaurant, your home, office, or any other destination of your choosing. Contact our banquet and event sales manager today for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Rocco"s Tacos offers a selection of private dining capabilities on premise. Host your next private dining event here from groups of 20 to 200. Contact our banquet and event sales manager today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Vittas 4072260550
- Entertainment: Rocco"s Tacos Orlando provides DJ entertainment on a nightly basis to help create a vibrant and energetic dining experience. Please call our restaurant for a updated schedule.
A word from Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor lakeside dining along beautiful Sand Lake. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (74)good for groups (73)hot spot (68)late-night find (48)scenic view (47)great for outdoor dining (46)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (26)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Loud and quickddhuffmanDined on 10/16/2014Kudos on ensuring reservation times were kept accurately. Unfortunately the noise level far exceeded the benefits of being on time. For those looking for a place where letting it out is acceptable, this is the place. For those seeking a romantic or "alone" space, consider elsewhere. Overall, the food was average. Plate portions were a bit small considering the prices. I was disappointed with the rellenos as I am accustomed to having the peppers roasted prior to stuffing. By not completing a roasting process, culinary authenticities were in doubt. I was disappointed in the experience and doubt we will shadow their front doors again.Special Features:
- A Real PleasureCathyEMDined on 10/15/2014Thanks to Open Table, I was able to make an advance reservation and request outdoor seating. Although they were busy, they seated us on the patio, which I love for the fresh air, the view, and the lower noise level (indoor seating is rather noisy). We ordered drinks, appeteizers (LOVE their seasoned chips and trio of salsas) and entrees all around. Great, prompt service and tasty food, served fresh. No complaints!!Special Features:
- awesome diningitsabuzDined on 10/15/2014Yummy food 😋 and pitchers. Suggestions for fajitas. They are uniquely served in a lava bowlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Fun place, great views and setup, poor service and food is hit and miss. Great on Tuesday nights or weekendsSpecial Features:
- Fantastic and fun!!!HillaryPDined on 10/4/2014This place is so much fun to bring a group for birthdays or just for a great meal!!!Special Features:
- FreddyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great event again. Love Rocco's Tacos. The staff was amazing. I was a little upset that we had a reservation for 10 at 7:30pm and made the reservation two months before, and we had to wait over 40 minutes for our table. Other than that....amazing time.Special Features:
- Very tastyDeliciousDined on 9/26/2014I loved the outdoor seating, comfy with a view of the lake. Food was very tasty and service was great, despite the busy lunch crowd. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014Food is always excellent here and there's nothing better than sitting out back on the lake on a cool evening. The only complaint is the slow service, which seems to be common here. I would visit again but it would be nice if they could work on the overall quality of the service staff.Special Features:
- awesome music and nightlife scene.RuthlessLatinaDined on 9/20/2014Food remains to be desired, awesome drinks, great staff, and the music....PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favs!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Rocco's never disappoints!! The food is delicious, the service the great, the decor is beautiful. My only complaint has always been it's a bit loud when the DJ is there.Special Features:
- Great food, too loudmegolf13Dined on 9/20/2014If you like Mexican food you will love Rocco's Tacos! The chili rellanos were the best we have had in Orlando! The margaritas were very good, but on the small side. The guacamole made table-side was excellent. Our server, Emily, was very good. BUT, this place is loud - too loud. Don't go here if you want to have a conversation. We could barely hear our waitress. If you like loud music you will love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing :)Foodie12Dined on 9/5/2014It was an amazing night for my group of 7! Our service was great and he was always filling our glasses and knew everything about the menu that I asked him about. It was kind of noisy but did not bother me at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High energy fun experienceWannalikeitVIPDined on 9/5/2014Rocco's is a fun experience. Dennis our server was friendly and attentive. Margarita's are good but expensive , mine was $12 for a top shelf. Food is good but average portions and expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- PickEaterPickyEaterDined on 8/31/2014Been here a few times and everytime has been a great experience.Special Features:
- Fun spot excellent margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014R-T knows how to make a drink. The catalog of tequila lets you know you are in a serious drinking establishment. Several bars indoors & out. The menu needs to be explored. If you splurge a little bit the experience is fantastic. Excellent fresh tableside guacamole. The atmosphere is fun and lively with a mix of music. Free valet. We love it here.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor dininganniemousDined on 8/27/2014Beautiful view, perfect skinny margaritas, great cervicheSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the serviceMexchicaDined on 8/19/2014My waitress was amazing! Food very delicious and the avion limonade to die for... I had the elotes since that's the main reason I went and the guacamole.... That could have been my meal... So good!!! I also had the pork tacos, speechless.... Perfect girls' night out spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceneighborhoodyDined on 8/16/2014Would love to see the waiters flexible and empowered. Slow service. Bartenders seem to bully and challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blastThirstyPlatopussDined on 8/14/2014GREAT food! Chris the new server did a great job for his first night. Definitely going back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tacos and TequilaSupindaWDined on 8/12/2014We went here on Taco & Tequila Tuesday, we didn't know this but had a great time. Restaurant and bar very busy, the food and drinks were good. The guacamole made at your table was divine. Would definitely return - on any night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, fun, fun!janem1Dined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious - margaritas were awesome - service was excellent - I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableexcellentVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good. You must try to table side guacamole. Marinated skirt steak was excellent. It is a noisy restaurant, it has 2 bars in it.
- Excellent choice!!iHopeMediaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent choice. Wow...this place was amazing, table side guacamole, Pam Rita, great selection of entrees topped off with churros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!!Exny90Dined on 8/6/2014We were recommended by a friend to try this out... Boy were we disappointed. Our food was cold, fish tacos were horrible, and had to pay for chips and salsa?? Who had to pay for chips and salsa in a Mexican restaurant?Special Features:
- not2pickyVIPDined on 8/4/2014It was our first visit. I thought the food was OK, everything seemed heavily seasoned. I ordered the chimichanga and frankly thought the wrap was too doughy - would have preferred an ordinary tortilla. Sides (rice and beans) were tasty, and fresh made guacamole was excellent. The tortilla chips were seasoned and at first bite seemed very good, but after eating several, the seasoning seemed overwhelming.Special Features:
- Overall excellent!Foodie328Dined on 8/1/2014This was out first time here and we loved it. Food, service and atmosphere was excellent! Everyone was so attentive and friendly. Guacamole made fresh at the table and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative MexicanVerodanDined on 7/30/2014Fun atmosphere and attentive, personable service. Really enjoyed the food, but found the drinks to be mediocre - Roco/Pam ritas at $12 seemed watery. The Cochinitas pork tamale was fantastic and so was the chile relleno. The tableside guacamole is a must-have. will definitely go back to try some of the other interesting menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I always make Rocco's a priority when visiting Orlando. The food is incredible. Make sure to book a reservation, there is always a wait since this place is so awesome!Special Features:
- Good but not GreatCweb103VIPDined on 7/26/2014We went here on Saturday evening as a group of four. We were seated close to our reservation time which was nice considering how packed it was. The ambiance is amazing, but its ridiculously loud. We could not hear anything and we had to shout at each other in order to talk. Our service was very good. Everything else was hit or miss. The strawberry basil margarita and the acai margaritas on the rocks were fantastic. The frozen blood orange and regular frozen margaritas were not good. The tableside guacamole was a nice treat and very tasty, even though it needed more lime and salt. The chips were great. The tacos were poor. Very americanized and flour tortillas. I am a taco purist, so corn tacos all the way. Id go back for drinks.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing & expensivedbasket4Dined on 7/26/2014Both my husband and my dinners were overcooked and lacking authentic Mexican flavor. Our waiter clearly wanted us to leave as we sat talking over drinks...cleared our table leaving barely our cocktails. There are several other places I would rather pay for an over-priced meal with great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Rocco's TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014I must say over all had a great time one little hiccup keg ran out a server forgot to come back with beer. My wife's meal was out standing a lava pot dinner. My street tacos were a little on the salty side but the top shelf cocktails made up for them. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican with Attitudestiels08Dined on 7/18/2014I think it is hard to find really good Mexican food in the Orlando area and Rocco's makes my decision easier. We live in Tampa and spend a lot of weekends in Orlando. Every time we hit the Orlando area, we make a stop into Rocco's. You cannot beat the food or atmosphere. Great draft beer selection and if you like tequila, you better make the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican EatsMitchBDined on 7/14/2014Let me start by saying "TABLE SIDE Guacamole." Prepared table side...to your liking. The menu is full of great ideas and excellent flavors. Seafood, chicken, pork, steak in the form of tacos, enchiladas, Molcajetes or platters all very good.Special Features:
- Loved the food!!GoodEatsAreGoodDined on 7/13/2014Before dining at Rocco's Tacos on the 13th, I had only been there once and even though it was on a Friday night and it was noisy and crowded, I wanted to go back. So I was so excited to get to eat there again this past Sunday, the 13th and I was not disappointed. The food was great and the service was even better. I am already looking forward to the next time I get to go eat there because there is not a Rocco's Taco in the area where I live.Special Features:
- Roco's break the bankOrlandocoupleDandLDined on 7/11/2014Both me and my fiancé love Roco's for the atmosphere and the great lake view! However we find it to be over priced. There are no drink specials, and we arrived early...6:30. That is not competitive because we could go to many places in Orlando and find drink specials, even on a Friday night. My fiancé had an expensive dish, 18.00, but all I ordered were two taco's and a side of plantains. We also had the over priced Guacamole appetizer at 12.50. For my experience of eating two (non exciting) tacos and plantains, along with guacamole, the bill was outrageous. We left out of there with the tip, close to 100.00...and we only had two drinks each.Special Features:
- Amazing SceneMC143VIPDined on 7/8/2014Each time we've gone to Rocco's, it's been packed and there's always so much energy. The DJs play great music and the service is outstanding. We went on Tacos Tuesday night, with all-you-can-eat tacos and great deals on drinks. Guacamole was fantastic. (Don't forget to tip the guac guy!)Special Features:
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014The restaurant was ridiculously noisy. It was impossible to have a conversation at our table. This was our second time at this restaurant and both times were nearly unbearable. We will NOT make a third visit.Special Features:
- Yummy food!CrisvwDined on 7/5/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. We just wanted a laid back dinner with a view of the water. The food was awesome but the drinks weren't great. We ended up hanging out at our table after dinner to listen to the music. Overall it was good. Still one of my favorite spots for dinner because the food is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and drinksclassy23VIPDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding service, food, tequila. The place is amazing. Everyone working there knows the menu, tequilia's and us beyond perfection. I would recommend to everyone. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed!!! Loved it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better options for same/lower priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Menu was pricey, food was little above avg. Enjoyed guacamole and chips. Mahdi taco and burrito were average and way overpriced.Special Features: