Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale
1313 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roccostacos.com/
- Phone: 9545249550x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 2:00am Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Adam Dombrowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
A word from Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on Las Olas Blvd. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice trendy restaurantcola2dineDined on 8/12/2014Food was good. Only complaint I have is that we had to wait 30 minutes for a table. I made reservations weeks ago, confirmed the day before & when we got there our table wasn't ready. Needless to say there were a lot of vaccant 6 person tables (we were a party of 4). My kids were getting restless waiting & we're hungry. The hostesses seemed to be more concerned with talking to each other than to get us seated. Waiter was great, food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening night out...TusskingDined on 6/21/2014Rocco's is still the place to be years after it's opening. Great food ! Great margaritas ! Great guacamole ! Excellent people watching too...Can be very loud at times ! Make a reservation since it's booked weeks in advance. Even though it's great IMO it's not worth waiting 1.5 for unless you want to hang on the outside curb or stand in a crowded noisy bar till you're called ! Cheers. !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as usualGrahamDined on 6/3/2014Rocco's never seems to disappoint. The food was fantastic and the service was great. It was packed on a Tuesday evening, possibly due to all you can eat Taco Tuesday. The only drawbacks is that the location is small for the number of people there, and it can get a bit noisy. I would highly recommend Rocco's.Special Features:
- Lunch at RoccosLauraDined on 5/31/2014This is a must for anyone who loves Mexican. The guacomole prepared at the table is quite a show - and they can make it as spicy as you like. All the food is fresh - the margaritas are great and you cannot beat the ambiance. It's always crowded so reservations are suggested any time of the day. If you are lucky enough to be there when Rocco entertains, its quite enjoyable. Great place for lunch or dinner - or just a margarita during the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good barFoodyDined on 5/9/2014It's a good place for drinking not so good for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SinaraDined on 5/8/2014We had a good time with Rocco's Tacos :) The food is awesome and the place really really nice! We love Rocco's Tacos - Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time!Leedines30Dined on 5/3/2014Made reservations for 12 for my moms birthday and they did not skip a beat! Sat us within 10min, was greeted and served by our waiter promptly, the guacamole and margaritas did not disappoint these are a must when going there... It was fun, easy and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 191 reviews are from the Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Fort Lauderdale reviews archive.
- First time at Rocco's!ladymarlinDined on 4/17/2014Excellent experience! Rocco's was recommended by several friends as a great casual place for awesome food, drinks and service. Absolutely it was all of the above! The service was outstanding and what the waitress recommended we ordered and loved. Guacamole was made tableside, and was the best ever. I will definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Great service and yummy food. Very loud restaurant however. Hard to have a conversation. Ask for an outdoor table. We would all return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Val took great care of us ....PamaDined on 3/20/2014Back again with daughter and grandkids (3 1/2 and 2) sitting on the patio. Table side Guacamole by Jordan was excellent. Pitcher of Margaritas for my daughter and my husband and a Cuba Libra for me. Val got the kitchen to make the best MAC & CHEEZE for the kids along with a cheesy Quesadilla. Adults had Tacos, Salman special, and Chile Rellano. Val was the best of all; she was very attentive, knew everything about the menu including what was spicy and what was not, and great with the kids. We will be back next week and will definitely ask for Val. Be sure to use Open Table and to include in the Notes section that you want on the patio (but not on the sidewalk). Pam & DaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carlos was excellent.......DaveMullikinVIPDined on 3/11/2014Service was wonderful. Our table on the sidewalk (almost in the busy street of Los Olas) was a major issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMillieDined on 3/9/2014Had a nice evening with college age daughters and wife. Tableside guacamole was quite good and can be ordered mild or hot. Recommend pitchers of margaritas if there's more than two of you. We all had different menu items and raved about the food . It's a happening place and not suitable for a quiet, romantic dinner, at least not during Spring break which is when we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is great!!!SusieQDined on 3/2/2014We loved Rocco's Tacos out on their covered patio. The made at the table guacamole is great and their chips are outstanding!!! Margaritas great too!! Fun time !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Mexican faremmininyDined on 2/19/2014Fun place with very good service. Food was mediocre except for the desserts (tres leches cake and churros) which were excellent.Special Features:
- Great place, but okay foodlwernerDined on 2/7/2014I got the chicken cob salad, it was alright, nothing amazing. For $20 I could have made better food. The actual restaurant was awesome, and our waitress was great. My friends didn't seem that thrilled with their food either. We had to shout at each other during dinner because of the LOUD music. It was a fun experience thoughSpecial Features:
- Nice but...JulieVIPDined on 2/5/2014I don't understand the hype. Better than average food, fun atmosphere, convenient (if you live around Las Olas). Ok, so I'm not that into tequila which is maybe where it's biggest attraction is.Special Features:
- We have been to Rocco's manyMavenVIPDined on 12/24/2013We have been to Rocco's many times and this was our least favorable experience. Waiter dropped a pitcher of margaritas and didn't replace it or refund our money until we asked when check came. They seemed to be less busy and dropped the ball. It seemed like a staff of novices filled in.Special Features:
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Been here several times... both food and service have declined seriously. Usually a fun place with cool decorations. That's still the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceperlaDined on 12/3/2013staff is accommodating, attentive and service oriented. food comes out quickly...great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upscale Mexican RestaurantBrianFDined on 11/16/2013The Ambiance was great and we were seated amazingly quick for a weekend. Inside/Outside bar with great specialty drinks. A bit pricey but the drinks were expertly prepared and good portion size. The food was only above average and would have liked to see a bit more variety but everything was good. The main home run of the night, along with the atmosphere, was the home made, right at the table Guacamole. The Guacamole was the freshest and best that I have ever tasted and the entire visit would be more than worth it with the Guacamole alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GuacamoleRAE21VIPDined on 11/4/2013Excellent Guacamole prepared table side and Margaritas to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must eat!TKdinerDined on 9/27/2013Love this place! Been to almost all of them, and food is consistently fantastic at each and every one, every time! Best guac and margaritas around. Make reservations, if you can, or you can wait hours for a table for dinner- no matter what night of the week it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roccos was just average food4foodDined on 9/27/2013Have been too hundreds of Mexican restaurants and this place was just average. Ordered the quesadillas, nachos and fish tacos. Nothing that special.Special Features:
- Love Rocco'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2013Rocco's isn't for everyone. Some won't like the music on Saturday night. Some won't like the food. I love the pulse of the restaurant and the tacos. I especially love the guacamole. While I would like my margarita to be a bit stronger, I always go back for the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!NYCFoodieDined on 9/9/2013Went recently for my birthday...excellent service from Carlos and excellent food. Have to try the Tanteo Jalapeño Margaritas on the rocks w salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall my experience in RoccosaludDined on 9/4/2013overall my experience in Rocco Tacos was good, the food was good different from other Mexican restaurants, I expected more from the Margaritas, they really we not out of this work, they we kinda of weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Go-To RestaurantMellDined on 8/31/2013If you're feeling for Mexican and want to do something a little more special than Taco Bell or Tijuana Flats, Rocco's Tacos is perfect. The ambience is fun, in a crazy and whimsical kinda way and you MUST order the guacamole and some margaritas. They're the house specialties and the guacamole is made right there at the table. This place is very popular so I highly recommend making a reservation ASAP. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulM579Dined on 7/21/2013I went to Rocco's Tacos to celebrate a birthday. The atmosphere and ambience were very good. The food and drinks were superb. I can't wait to go back. I have already raved about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013We always enjoy this restaurant. I'm very pleased to see its finally been added to Open Table. You definitely need a reservation, unless of course you don't mind waiting 45-90 mins for a table. The food is really goo. The guacamole is a must! If you're looking for a fun (often very noisy) place to eat you'll enjoy Rocco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!RRD1Dined on 7/17/2013Great, good, best, nice, customer friendly service, love it, will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular neighborhood scenePressemmDined on 7/15/2013Good place for having a good time. Food was fair, the chips and salsa were fantastic, mainly because of the special spices on the chips. I would advise to upgrade on the margaritas, the standard Roccos were just so so. Tried several types of the soft tacos, chicken and pork were the best. I would recommend this restaurant to any one but am flabbergasted as to the back log on the reservation wait, weeks? Wasn't that good per the wait list of weeks. Maybe for the lack of Mexican restaurants in the area, Overall, a good local restaurant, and would definitely visit again next time in FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLmexDined on 7/12/2013The food was delicious, nice ambiance and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service overshadowed....TampavisitorsDined on 7/3/2013by the cacophony of the crowd. Great place to drink and have some nibbles at the bar. If you wanted to spend some time talking and enjoying a relaxing dinner with friends,I would pass. Loved the menu and the watermelon margaritas were especially good. Servers very attentive. How to balance the noise and allow people to enjoy the food is the question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Rocco's Tacos. We tookOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2013Love Rocco's Tacos. We took our kids this time and they loved the music, chips, guacamole etc...My only suggestion is to add kids tacos to the kid menu without the "spicy" beef...My husband ate fajitas & I ate ceviche. The kids tacos but one had a hard time with the spicy and instead got plain pasta. Great place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions are important.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2013First impressions are important. I arrived exactly at the time of my reservation with my party of 6. The first words from the hostess's mouth were, "We'll need the table back within 90 minutes," not "hello," "welcome," or some other greeting. I was not impressed with the food, drinks, or service. This restaurant appears to be nothing more than a gimmicky watering hole/pick-up joint. There are much better alternatives nearby.
- Good food and funCindyDined on 6/16/2013Always love the food at atmosphere at Rocco's Tacos...Special Features:
- A great place to go with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Tried the California Tacos and great flavors and a nice size piece of Mahi . Guacamole is definitley a must have, fixed right in front of you. Everything is freshly made and the staff if friendly and attentive. We go on special occasions and meet friends for a snack. The special Margaritas are infamous and had the Rasberry Mojito...delicious! Never a disappointment. I tell all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margaritas!JenDalyVIPDined on 5/26/2013Fun atmosphere, always packed. Great for chips and guac, tequila list is extensive. Fun place to hang out have drinks and apps.Special Features:
- Great Food!flgirlVIPDined on 5/22/2013Definitely get the tableside guacamole, I know everyone is saying that but it really is exceptional. The pulled pork taco is amazing and the churros for dessert...don't leave without trying them! Yummo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMaryDined on 5/12/2013GREAT PLACE FOR ANYONE FOR ANY OCCASION OR JUST TO HANG OUT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.