Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Boca Raton
5250 Town Center Circle
Boca Raton, FL 33436Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roccostacos.com/
- Phone: (561) 416-2131
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Wine
A word from Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Boca Raton
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar serves the best authentic, fresh, and reasonably priced Mexican food featuring the simple recipes of everyday Mexican life. The corn tortillas are made by hand and cooked fresh on the comal just as they are made in kitchens throughout Mexico. Enjoy fresh guacamole prepared tableside. Order a Margarita mixed with housemade sour mix. Sample one of the 220 different Tequila's Rocco's keeps on hand (The Largest Selection in Florida). The bar is always busy and the crowd's energy level reaches a crescendo when "Rocco" himself does his now famous "TEQUILA DANCE" on top of the bar. Rocco's Tacos offers outdoor courtyard dining. Come join the fun at Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (39)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (12)special occasion (10)scenic view (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good ExperienceFood2CriticDined on 11/22/2014Very good food and service. Very nice scene and ambiance. I would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocco'sLisaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Guacamole made at the table is awesome! I got a "special" mushroom chorizo taco that was fantastic. I like the red sangria too. Love Roccos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TacosAmtrpDined on 11/14/2014Great service Friday night. We had friends in town and they were completely impressed with the friendly service and delicious food. This is a great place to go with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/12/2014A favorite when in FL! Fun atmosphere and THE best guacamole made at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!!LisaDined on 11/10/2014Rocco's tacos was a great find! The food was great, decor is great and the place is just downright fun! Would most definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food directionsTulipDined on 11/10/2014Our server was very friendly, made eye contact etc. The kitchen could not get my order correct. I ordered a burger medium well it was served Ray I sent back and the next burger was served with sour cream which I had requested to be left off the first burger on the taco strips were missing on the second burger as well. I ended up not even having an entrée that night. The manager and the server tried to get me something else but at that point I had enough and my dining partner had already finished her meal.Special Features:
- SADBocaFoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have enjoyed Roccos for years. The food and service has always been great. We have noticed recently, and have also heard from friends, that the quality has dropped dramatically. The service is slow. The food is bland. The drinks and guac is the same as its always been, but overall its quite dissappinting. The inly reason we keep going back is that we hope its gotten better. It simply hasn't. Too bad. Used to be a great spot.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualRayJDined on 10/29/2014Enjoyed yet another great Mexican food dinner at Rocco's. The shrimp-tuna-scallop ceviche was the best yet! The enchiladas verdes with pulled pork were delicious and my better half loved her huge chicken cobb like salad. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- I loved itGreatnessDined on 10/6/2014The food and service was amazing.i would recommend this resturant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I was really looking forward to dining at your restaurant. The atmosphere was great. I had the Yucatan and my boyfriend had the fajitas. Not much taste and there wasn't a lot of meat in either of our dishes. I have to say that I will not return and would not recommend your restaurant. My server never ask us how our meal wasSpecial Features:
- lauraVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food Was good. great server and very helpful had several food requests due to sensitivities and all were met with no hassles and helpful suggestionsSpecial Features:
- Best guacamoleFran128Dined on 9/8/2014They make guacamole at tour table. Food is delicious
- Rocco's TacosSoozieqbDined on 8/28/2014Best guacamole prepared at the table! Love the fish tacos.
- What happened?FoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have dined several times at Roco's Taco's and aside from our time spent at the bar the evening was a disaster! We were taking friends who have just moved to the area, and never dined at Rocco's.From checking in with the hostess to dinner.... BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
- Overpriced for what you getmexfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014The most appropriate comment I can think of is "Meh"....not bad but way too pricey for what you get. $12 for guacamole? 2 avocados and some tomato - prepared by some kid tableside. Our dinner was $75 (one entree, one appetizer, guacamole, 2 draft beers) if this place wasn't in Boca they could never get away with it. Like I said - the food wasn't bad, but it also wasn't that good. I would recommend Uncle Julio's instead.Special Features:
- Great Night at RoccosbiedsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Saturday night had a 9:15 reservation. Arrived at 8:30 and were sat immediately. Excellent server went over drinks and was quite attentive. Ordered guacamole made at table-side....AMAZING! Server reviewed specials and then took order. I highly recommend The Brooklyn tacos. Lots of pork and bacon. Flavor was incredible! My boyfriend ordered the Baja combo. Equally delicious!! Great night, great food!! Will most certainly be back! Like this location better than Ft. Lauderdale. Not quite as loud and cramped.Special Features:
- Great Taco saladEdieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always like to go here and sit outside. People watching is definitely abundant. Love the fresh guacamole that is prepared at the table. This time it wasn't as great as always. Tasted like something was missing in it. I always order the taco sald with grilled chicken in it. Love it! My husband actually ordered the same thing this time. My only complaint this time was that the taco shell was a little under prepared..so soft instead of crunchy. Always a fun place to dine.Special Features:
- Solid choicefranklyrayVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every time is a good food and service experience. And the tableside guacamole is awesome.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoofDined on 8/3/2014Food was good loved the way they make the salsa guacamole at your table would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Great GuacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014As usual, the guacamole was delicious. The pitcher of margaritas was weak (it has been hit or miss lately on the margaritas), but it had a good flavor. The soft shell tacos (chicken and steak) were good as usual.Special Features:
- The following 609 reviews are from the Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar - Boca Raton reviews archive.
- Awesome MargaritasYoloDined on 7/24/2014This place has great margaritas. I also had the Salmon special served over black beans with a salsa verde and vegetables that was off the charts. Hope it's on the specials list again when I go back. Service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun. Always good.JoeatsDined on 7/23/2014Love the guac, love the margaritas & love the atmosphere. Always a fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Excellent food and fun atmosphere. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocco's RocksMamaHoggDined on 7/20/2014Rocco's Tacos at Boca Town Center never disappoints. Our only complaint was that our Open Table reservation only got us inside seating. I should have added a note requesting patio dining but it seems obvious that outside seatibg is desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchamie3597Dined on 7/13/2014Had brunch here for the first time the other day. It was OK, the food was decent. I usually love the food here so I kind of expected more from them. I will try it again, could have just been an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014drinks weak, but fine if ordered shot to go in it, asked specifically for no cheese on one order, repeatedly. it came with cheese atop it had to be sent backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak-a-ritasaustineVIPDined on 7/9/2014Lately your margaritas are getting weaker and weaker and more sour. When served individually and when served from a pitcher makes no difference.Special Features:
- a little disappointed..but goodcllfronTXDined on 6/30/2014Tableside guacamole eas good as usual, eish they had the option of unseasoned chips, as I do not care for the seasoning they sprinkle generously on the chips. I ordered the California fish tacos which were good sre normally wonderful, I was a little disappointed. Probably not because they were only slightly warm. Husband ordered surf and turf and loved it. Our waiter. Checked back often and kept our drinks full. Overall a decent meal for the money. We did have a buy one dinner get one free coupon. Sat outside so the noise level was down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysAmandaDined on 6/29/2014Rocco's was great, as always. I was there for lunch recently and everything was delicious. Service was great. It was a little quieter than I am used to as this place is always packed at dinner time.Special Features:
- Fun spot for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Our server was having a bad night....that being said, the food was delicious. It was a bit noisy but fun nonetheless! Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not authenticSnwbl1980Dined on 6/21/2014If u want authentic, simple Mexican don't come here. This is a modernistic approach to Mexican food. The food was great and the drinks were not water down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date nightGolfoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014My partner and I enjoyed the freshly prepared guacamole app but it was made for us and brought to the table. Other locations will make it beside the table. Also the bar and the servers have different recipes for drinks. A loaded corona at the bar uses Bacardi but at the table, the server brought us coronas loaded with patron tequila.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding/fun/cool serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014We always hold lunch and/or dinner meetings at your restaurant and the atmosphere is always vibrant and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Ho-HumpaulagompVIPDined on 5/25/2014Don't expect anything authentic about this Mexican place. Food was slathered in sauces (without warning), so difficult to enjoy many of the flavors. The best bar of the meal was the guacamole made table-side, which was entertaining for the little ones of the group.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!TamisoflaVIPDined on 5/25/2014Whether you like tacos or steak or fish, Rocco's has lots of options. Great guacamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExperienceDavidVIPDined on 5/25/2014We had a great time at Rocco's this past Sunday, we were a party of three and sat outside. We were greeted promptly and seated, the service was good but there were a couple issues closing out the split check. It wasn't a big deal and the manager took care of it right away. My wife and her Mom shared the seafood Molcajete and loved it. We always get the guacamole and chips, a favorite!Special Features:
- AJBAndyB68Dined on 5/24/2014The food was great. The guacamole was the best I ever had. the quesadillas were also amazing and different. The Tequilla menu was vast ( however a little pricey). Dining outside is the way to go. I like a lively atmosphere but the inside was so loud you couldn't hear each other talk. Can't wait to go back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLarryVIPDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant always delivers solid, delicious food. Table side guacamole is a do not miss and lots and lots of choices for Tequilla. Never dissapoints, BUT the have to add back Escete (sp?) "grilled corn" back to the lunch menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocking Rocco's!WendyDavisVIPDined on 5/23/2014This place was jamming on a Friday night. Which was to be expected on a holiday weekend. Having to wait for a table at the bar, worked in our favor though! We ended up eating there, and got great service from one of their bartenders! She suggested us to try the grilled chicken in the quesadilla, instead of the pulled chicken which was a great recommendation! I loved my spicy pork empanadas, they are HOT so have a cold beverage handy. Lol The chicken tortilla soup was soooo delicious, and a hefty portion too! It was an overall fun time with tasty drinks, and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Bustling SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/21/2014Large, open area with a lot of different seating choices... inside, outside, covered but open air, booths, high-tops, or sit at the bar. The inside seating was too loud for us as the place was packed... so we chose outside at one of the high-tops. The make-at-your-table guacamole and chips ..was excellent... as was the other items we chose. Margaritas were excellent. Service was fine. Good place for a fun time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDSpecial Features: