Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranterocca.com/
- Phone: (650) 344-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Hagi Burak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact 650-344-3900 for your special events.
A word from Rocca Ristorante
Inspired by classic Northern Italian cooking with California influences, Rocca Ristorante features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas – the signature Osso Bucco is not to be missed! The breathtaking décor boasts a spectacular Florentine copper & bronze high ceiling, whimsical murals and an elaborate Venetian-style balcony, all set in an enchanting Tuscan inspired setting. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of warm and impeccable service, simple yet creative dishes and a passion for detail, Rocca Ristorante is the perfect place for your next dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rocca Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Rocca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (23)romantic (19)great for lunch (16)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Good food, the service wasn't great, looked like they didn't have enough staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Ambiance and Great ServiceHappyVIPDined on 11/17/2014I am never disappointed with the food at Rocca Ristoranti. This is a neighborhood gem and one of the best Italian Restaurants within the mid-Peninsula. The food is always served very hot, which is how true Italian food should be services, with just the right amount of spices and not over done. The fish and salads and risotto are always made to perfection. The servers are friendly and they are are always there to please you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formal but comfortablefussyNYerDined on 11/8/2014Very attentive wait staff, accommodated small off-menu request, sat upstairs near balcony, overlooking lower level. Noise level upstairs was quieter than downstairs and provided for pleasant conversation. Traditional Italian decor, quality food, reasonable prices, affluent Saturday evening crowd. Our first time here, but couldn't help noticing lots of patrons greeting each other with hugs -- this appears to be a popular Burlingame neighborhood gathering place. I really liked it, and will definitely return. Thanks for a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was average but pricey.SharonDined on 11/7/2014My husband had the sea bass special - very good. Daughter had linguine with seafood. Mostly pasta, $30. Yikes! My ravioli were good but again not $20 good. Pretty place, decent food. Nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeceg1VIPDined on 11/4/2014I reserved at Rocca because it was a convenient meeting place for my friend and I, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and the food. Very good pasta dishes and salad and we shared a terrific dessert. Service was warm and friendly and the restaurant was packed for a Tuesday evening. And people were certainly having a great time at the bar! I will try it again for sure.Special Features:
- Perfect Date Nightklococo84Dined on 10/24/2014The entire experience was amazing. Between the food and the staff, it was the perfect date night for me and my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfussyDined on 10/20/2014We were staying at a nearby Airport Hotel and looking for something nicer than the Hotel dining options. Rocca Ristorante was an excellent choice that resulted in a lovely night out, absolutely perfect food for us and delightful service. We booked online at short notice but it all went very smoothly. Friendly vibrant atmosphere but not too noisy. We caught the hotel free shuttle and it was only 5 mins away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manager and jenniferdannyDined on 10/18/2014in last minute had another couple joined and said not a problem jennifer was great the decor reminds us the old San Francisco restaurant every time we go we are treated wonderful and food is always good and the staff knowns about the foodSpecial Features:
- 2localfoodiesVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always a friendly greeting from the owners and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to take clientsLadylegDined on 10/16/2014Good ambiance and local to SFO so good place to meet with clientsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem on BroadwayJilliebeanDined on 10/14/2014Situated in a really nice part of Burlingame. Love the atmosphere. Service was awesome. Loved the gnocchi with butternut squash and pesto cream. Wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great Italian Neighborhood GemOnoliciousVIPDined on 9/30/2014Never fail to please! Our favorite "away from home" dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traditional ItalianJoeRDined on 9/26/2014I was raised ina restaurant family (Dad owned/operated an Italian restaurant in NJ for 2 decades) I can honestlt say this is traditional Italian cuisine at its best. Go. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian on the PeninsuladervinVIPDined on 9/22/2014We eat here whenever we visit the Peninsula. They are consistent with their food, service and we love it. Veal is sooo tender and the sauce is great, not think and gooey like some are.Special Features:
- Charming ItalianRustymom64VIPDined on 9/21/2014We dined here for first time All entrees were we prepared and quite tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningViciBDined on 9/11/2014I went to Rocca Ristorante with a friend to celebrate her birthday. We were greeted and seated immediately and all of the service was great! We split a salad, and each got a nice portion. Our pasta course was magnificent! The waiter recommended a wine and we both liked it.Special Features:
- Rocca RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014I did not know what to expect. We went due to a gift certificate. What a surprise. The food and service were outstanding. The ambiance is very nice. Large room upstairs for special occasions. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- QuigDined on 9/11/2014everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. the special of the day fish was excellent. The salads were good and also the two deserts we had. We would go back again for lunch and maybe dinner.Special Features:
- My daughter's 14th BirthdayGmanDined on 9/5/2014My daughter had requested dinner at an Italian restaurant for 5 of her friends for her 14th Birthday, and we had chosen Rocca. Our reservations were for 5:30, and as usual for 14 and 15 year old girls, the last one did not arrive until 6:15. The service was attentive, and even though we were there for 2 hours, we never felt rushed, and they topped a serving of chocolate mousse with a candle for her birthday. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Local Burlingame gemPaloSoloDined on 9/4/2014Very good Italian restaurant with top notch bread! Easy parking, very good service and food was delicious. I have been here twice on dates and both times things went flawlessly, making me and my date happy.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!ReneDined on 9/4/2014This was our first experience dining at Rocca Ristorante. The service was professional and there was always someone there when you needed them. The waitress suggested an excellent wine, and the food was foodie chic -- it tasted good, too. Prices affordable, though on the upside, but very worth it!Special Features:
- Great Italianluv2dineoutVIPDined on 9/3/2014I had not been to this restaurant in a very long time and it was as good as I remembered. Great menu with lots to choose from as well as daily specials. I had the eggplant stuufed with ricotta cheese; rich but very good. My companion had ravioli. We shared a beet salad that also was very good. I would definitely make reservations as it is usually crowded. If you are lucky, there is street parking but there are parking lots close by. We wanted to try dessert but were too full as the portions are large enough to share.Special Features:
- NotSatisfyDined on 8/31/2014Pasta and fish were never bad. Servers were friendly and attended. Parking never a problem.Special Features:
- SabinaVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food and service were excellent - just as we remembered from two years ago!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always respectful/ Always a great greeting/ very clean and a good group to be around.Special Features:
- Great PlaceTandJDined on 8/23/2014I've been here 3 or 4 times now and have always had a good time. The food is good and the service has always been outstanding.Special Features:
- The following 564 reviews are from the Rocca Ristorante reviews archive.
- Yummy foodBrisbaneDinerDined on 7/22/2014Great calamari with just the right amount of garlic. Mushroom risotto was excellent. Unfortunately the service was rushed, and the restaurant got very noisy.Special Features:
- Superb!OnoliciousVIPDined on 7/20/2014Enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience. Will always consider this restaurant when planning a special occasion or when guests come to town. They have never failed us yet!Special Features:
- Birthday party dinnerIloveItalianfoodVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was terrific. Service outstanding. If there was something we wanted not on the menu, the staff bent over backwards to provide it. We will return many times.Special Features:
- Deliziiso!DRJEBDined on 7/18/2014I was at a SF airport hotel without a car and decided to go local rather than a trek into the city. Rocco's website looked good so I gave it try..... Glad I did! What a gem! Friendly, great service and the food was authentic . I had the mussels and clams to start.... Best I've ever had! Then a Farfalle pasta dish which was killer! I would return in a heartbeat.... Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchFCPairVIPDined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the birthday lunch for a good friend. Everything was tastefully prepared and presented. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Worth trying onceLeungVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is delicious. Not much space between tables. The appetizers are good. The restaurant is packed.Special Features:
- Romantic Italian restaurantgoodeatsDined on 7/12/2014It's a great little place to have a romantic dinner. The pasta was perfectly cooked to aldente perfection. Flavors were vibrant and the decor was great. The service was excellent and we never had an empty cup or had to wait excessively for anything. Will be back!Special Features:
- Italian at it's bestakohamickDined on 7/11/2014What a great neighborhood gem. This restaurant is Italian, through and through. Italian food prepared they way your Californian momma used to cook for you. The food is authentic and the service, from the three owners and the staff is friendly and charming. One could tell that this restaurant was appreciated by all in the neighborhood, as to the variety of ethnicity in the restaurant. Parking can be a challenge, but it's worth it. If you're near San Francisco International Airport (10 minute ride) or anywhere in South San Francisco to Pacifica, this would be a worthwhile stop.Special Features:
- 2localfoodies2localfoodiesVIPDined on 7/6/2014The owner/manager Haci Kurt and his staff are always very friendly and do everything possible to make your dining experience enjoyable. Nice ambiance and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMarieDined on 7/3/2014We celebrated our Daughter & Son-in-Law's 4th Wedding Anniversary and requested a table upstairs because we also had our 3 month old Grandson with us. We were seated upstairs as requested and everything was perfect. The service was exceptional, the food was fantastic, as always, which made for a wonderful evening. I would HIGHLY recommend Rocca to everyone that loves great food !Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/2/2014We take business associates here all the time. The place produces reliable quality and we are always pleased with the outcomes. Customers always compliment on the meals.Special Features:
- Very good option for SFOjanetVIPDined on 7/1/2014If you need something close to SFO this is a great choice. V good salad and Pasta w clams. Decent wine leastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatFoodLoverDined on 6/24/2014This restaurant is outstanding. The food and service are always great. I had a salad special with seared tuna that was out of this world. They pride themselves ion serving the best and they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceTandJDined on 6/23/2014Small, attractive and romantic restaurant. The food is good. The atmosphere is very nice. To me, it's a bit expensive but it's a good spot for a special occasion. We've been there twice now and enjoyed it each time.Special Features: