Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranterocca.com/
- Phone: 6503443900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Hagi Burak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact 650-344-3900 for your special events.
A word from Rocca Ristorante
Inspired by classic Northern Italian cooking with California influences, Rocca Ristorante features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas – the signature Osso Bucco is not to be missed! The breathtaking décor boasts a spectacular Florentine copper & bronze high ceiling, whimsical murals and an elaborate Venetian-style balcony, all set in an enchanting Tuscan inspired setting. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of warm and impeccable service, simple yet creative dishes and a passion for detail, Rocca Ristorante is the perfect place for your next dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rocca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (32)romantic (22)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great PlaceTandJDined on 8/23/2014I've been here 3 or 4 times now and have always had a good time. The food is good and the service has always been outstanding.Special Features:
- Yummy foodBrisbaneDinerDined on 7/22/2014Great calamari with just the right amount of garlic. Mushroom risotto was excellent. Unfortunately the service was rushed, and the restaurant got very noisy.Special Features:
- Superb!OnoliciousVIPDined on 7/20/2014Enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience. Will always consider this restaurant when planning a special occasion or when guests come to town. They have never failed us yet!Special Features:
- Birthday party dinnerIloveItalianfoodDined on 7/20/2014Food was terrific. Service outstanding. If there was something we wanted not on the menu, the staff bent over backwards to provide it. We will return many times.Special Features:
- Deliziiso!DRJEBDined on 7/18/2014I was at a SF airport hotel without a car and decided to go local rather than a trek into the city. Rocco's website looked good so I gave it try..... Glad I did! What a gem! Friendly, great service and the food was authentic . I had the mussels and clams to start.... Best I've ever had! Then a Farfalle pasta dish which was killer! I would return in a heartbeat.... Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchFCPairVIPDined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the birthday lunch for a good friend. Everything was tastefully prepared and presented. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Worth trying onceLeungVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is delicious. Not much space between tables. The appetizers are good. The restaurant is packed.Special Features:
- Italian at it's bestakohamickDined on 7/11/2014What a great neighborhood gem. This restaurant is Italian, through and through. Italian food prepared they way your Californian momma used to cook for you. The food is authentic and the service, from the three owners and the staff is friendly and charming. One could tell that this restaurant was appreciated by all in the neighborhood, as to the variety of ethnicity in the restaurant. Parking can be a challenge, but it's worth it. If you're near San Francisco International Airport (10 minute ride) or anywhere in South San Francisco to Pacifica, this would be a worthwhile stop.Special Features:
- 2localfoodies2localfoodiesVIPDined on 7/6/2014The owner/manager Haci Kurt and his staff are always very friendly and do everything possible to make your dining experience enjoyable. Nice ambiance and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMarieDined on 7/3/2014We celebrated our Daughter & Son-in-Law's 4th Wedding Anniversary and requested a table upstairs because we also had our 3 month old Grandson with us. We were seated upstairs as requested and everything was perfect. The service was exceptional, the food was fantastic, as always, which made for a wonderful evening. I would HIGHLY recommend Rocca to everyone that loves great food !Special Features:
- Very good option for SFOjanetVIPDined on 7/1/2014If you need something close to SFO this is a great choice. V good salad and Pasta w clams. Decent wine leastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatFoodLoverDined on 6/24/2014This restaurant is outstanding. The food and service are always great. I had a salad special with seared tuna that was out of this world. They pride themselves ion serving the best and they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceTandJDined on 6/23/2014Small, attractive and romantic restaurant. The food is good. The atmosphere is very nice. To me, it's a bit expensive but it's a good spot for a special occasion. We've been there twice now and enjoyed it each time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014nice menu choices. food prepared fresh and service is always perfect. warm and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- WinnieDined on 6/20/2014My husband, daughter, and I had dinner here the other night prior to another engagement in Burlingame. Parking was on street but not difficult. Ambience was inviting and we were immediately seated at table. I had a specially cocktail which was recommended by the waiter and it was delicious. We split an Italian salad and I ordered the mussels/clams from the appetizer menu for my entrée. The tomato sauce was assertive to the clams and I mopped it up using the fresh made focaccia provided at the start of the meal. We enjoyed our time there and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Last Minute Group DinnersimonDined on 6/17/2014Had some work colleagues fly into town at the last minute and was looking for a place on the way between San Jose and SF and found this Gem. Food was amazingly tasty. Service was great and they were able to accommodate our 11 person group. Will definitely go back next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!!HappyVIPDined on 6/11/2014Rocca Ristorante is a great restaurant with great Italian food and great service and friendly attentive servers. The owners are fabulous and always willing to assist you in any way. The food is very good, and the portions are generous. The food is great, and is bursting with lots of flavors. This is by far one of my favorite restaurants within the peninsula. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014This is the third time we went to this restaurant, and I have not been disappointed. The service is friendly, personable and efficient. The food is great. I will caution that the portions are large so go with a big appetite, plan to share or take some home:-).Special Features:
- Lovely, sweet hostessKmp52Dined on 5/30/2014Great neighborhood dining experience. Our reservation was lost, but Lauren was so sweet and got us seated almost immediately on a very busy graduation night. Thank you Lauren! Would rather the potatoes not be served under the veal, but rather on the side. I find the spinach salad needs some work. Tasted like wilted spinach with very little but olive oil. Could use some vinegar, bacon and a few more mushrooms and I think cranberries were present. The prawns on the appetizer menu were very spicy and that is not stated on the menu. I actually love the Napa cabbage salad that is only served at lunch. Would so like to see it on the dinner menu. Its fabulous! Love this restaurant for lunch and easy parking in the back.Special Features:
- Good MealMickeyVIPDined on 5/27/2014We had a nice meal. Our salads were shared and split in the kitchen for us. We were given sharp knives for those eating a meat meal. The pasta was freshly made. We saw lots of grads celebrating the evening we were there. There is something for everyone.Special Features:
- Everything good except the foodDonnaVIPDined on 5/18/2014My first time. Entrance was welcoming, service was excellent, atmosphere is great, wine list was perfect. Food was not good. Pasta was tough, salad had "bottled" quality dressing, dessert was bland and dry. None of us would go back. What a shame! Get a better executive chef and this would be a five star dining spot.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2014Our table of four had various entrees, and all were deemed very good. Service was great, bread pudding was raved over, and the wines options were very good. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- No hassle Italian restaurant.TonyDined on 5/11/2014Overall, the Italian food is very good. Plenty of food at decent prices. Easy parking. Wait staff is attentive.Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining But PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014We started with a glass of chianti. Next was the gorgonzola salad (lettuce, apple, raisin, walnut). This salad was very tasty. We then had the lasagna special. The lasagna was good but the price $19.95 ($20). I just have to say it is pasta not gold!Special Features:
- Bravo!foodamoreDined on 5/2/2014The restaurant setting was ideal for a dinner for our immediate family. It is close to home, we've been there before, parking was easy and the food was enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 538 reviews are from the Rocca Ristorante reviews archive.
- Consistently wonderful !2droppingbyDined on 4/28/2014We come to dinner here before leaving on trips from SFO. After coming just once, we have never looked for another restaurant in the area. Always welcoming, whether you are from the neighborhood or come occasionally. Specials are always tempting and regular menu items are a to be counted on treat! Service is very good, no rushing or waiting forever. Never disappointed! Monday night, no corkage, a real gift to patrons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don-SFDonSFDined on 4/23/2014Invited a friend for her birthday to dine there since she "loves pasta"! We had a very nice dinner. The food was well prepared, flavorful and our waitress was attentive but not overly so. It was a bit loud early on with a lively group of diners but it toned down later. I've been there before and plan to go back again. A very nice evening!Special Features:
- is 50% a good thing.?luv2dine2Dined on 4/23/2014I had the Beet Salad it was great, really very good. Its a shame though because I also had Prawns Bordelaise, that just ruined the meal for me. The sauce was good but the shrimp were the worst i can remember having anywhere, tasted like cardboard. I cant believe that I didn't send it back, I was on a first date or I'm sure I would have. As good as the Beet Salad was, the shrimp was so bad that its questionable if I'll ever go back. The wait staff was impersonal and hurried, and cleared the table way too soon, I had to tell them not to take the bread while we finished our drinks.
- WonderfulLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/22/2014Great Burlingame neighborhood spot. Consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceJeffDined on 4/22/2014Recently had a business lunch and the food and service were great. It was on Broadway vs Burlingame Avenue so it was less hectic and parking was easier to find. Would definitely go back for another business lunch.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyed both mealsDONCDined on 4/16/2014Business group dinner: Owner on site, waitress ultra accommodating, and chefs willing to cook off menu. I asked for a non menu dish and was met with smiles all around. Our meal was so enjoyable, we were back for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKathleenDined on 4/16/2014The mark of any Italian ristorante is their veal scallopini. Their scallopini was excellent. Take it from a toscano, hard pressed to find it any better. It's a little pricey, and trying to get a reservation on Friday or Saturday at 7PM-forget it. Well worth the experience. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceneateatsDined on 4/15/2014The food was excellent, atmosphere was very nice. Wait staff was great. Enjoyed everything about it. Would definitely go back and do recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian PlaceNorthbayDined on 4/13/2014Great service and food, would go back. Only complaint would be the tables are alittle too cloase together. I felt like I was sitting in the main aisle in the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, really GOOD!dervinDined on 4/8/2014Great find, got reviews from Tripadvisor and they were right on, food was delicious, service excellent! Don't pass this place up. Make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friendsBdayDined on 3/19/2014The food was great and restaurant was alive but not so loud that we couldn't have a nice conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocca RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2014There were 10 of us celebrating a birthday - the food was delicious, service exceptional, and we loved the decor. Haji, the owner, goes out of his way to make sure that the customer is always happy. We have been going there for several years, many of our friends go there, and I would recommend it highly to anyone who wants to have a GREAT experience at a GREAT Italian Restaurant!Special Features:
- great little neighborhood spot..vickiDined on 3/15/2014service was fantastic... best part of the dinner was their delicious olive oil and balsamic dip for their bread! wine list is also good..?Special Features:
- Great mealShelleyEDined on 3/9/2014We were a party of three. Tried one of the specials, paste del mare, and it was wonderful. Also, the veal saltimbocca and skirt steak were great. Nice wine list, reasonably proceed. Small menu but a nice variety of dishes. Being a bread fiend, I LOVED the foccacia they had in the bread basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014everything was top notch - the food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive to our needs - the only disappointment was that there were 9 of us dining celebrating a birthday and we were charged for the honoree's dessert - after spending over $500, I thought that his dessert should have been complimentary.Special Features: