Rocabella Bistro Lounge
1106 First Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Rocabella Bistro Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7072549256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Bledar Llapaj
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room, lounge and/or outdoor patio areas are available for private events of sufficient size.
- Private Party Contact: Bledar Llapaj 7072549256
- Entertainment: Premium sound system provides the perfect background for your dining experience. Enjoy dancing in our lounge to an eclectic mix of music to satisfy every desire, including European imports. Our large outdoor patio area with a Moroccan vibe provides the perfect spot for a night to remember.
A word from Rocabella Bistro Lounge
Rocabella is a chef-owned and operated Mediterranean restaurant and lounge featuring regional specialties from Greece, Italy and France. We feature organic, free range products and authentic imported specialties The menu has a wide range of appetizers, grilled meats and seafood, gluten-free and vegetarian items. Our focus is on sharing simple pleasures of life in a warm and inviting ambiance. We welcome you to enjoy our outdoor patios for drinks or dining and our lounge for daily happy hour (5-6pm) and late night music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rocabella Bistro Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good Med in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2013The restaurant is beautifully appointed. The waitstaff is attentive and friendly. The chef came by our table and chatted with us about Greece. The winelist is smallish (for Napa standards)- they also only have Corona and that's it so not a great place for drinks. It's quiet and comfortable yet had several families with quiet kids munching away. The food was all good. We especially loved the lamb which was tasty without being gamey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chef knows bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Great Food, amazing service, personal service from the executive chef. Fantastic timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Napa Hidden JewelDwolterVIPDined on 11/20/2013Rocabella has been serving superb, simply prepared food for almost a year. The menu consists of a number of appetizers, many of them Greek--the owner/chef spent several years in Santorini--and a number of main courses, all featuring organic produce, oils, etc. and free-range meats. I most recently had a Niman Ranch pork tenderloin with superb organic spinach, simply prepared with olive oil, lemon rind and garlic--the best spinach I've ever had. A few pastas are available, all surpassing the standards of the typical Italian restaurant,and the tiramisu was the crowning touch. I enjoy all the fine restaurants in Napa, but none surpasses the quality of the ingredients and the simply subtlety their preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie AlertZhudeetDined on 11/19/2013This is a restaurant you must try for genuinely fresh and simply delicious dishes. Our dining experience was above and beyond anything we've experience in the recent past. The restaurant opened a year ago, and serves extremely tasty, well-prepared Mediterranean food. The chef delights in telling you how he prepares the dishes and how fastidious he is about the quality of meat and fish and vegetables that he buys for the restaurant.. If he doesn't find exactly what he wants then he makes changes in the menu for that day. It's now our favorite restaurant in Napa. No fru fru frills or exotic descriptions which you find in many restaurants trying to make their menu more tempting than the next . This is fine cuisine, with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodisolabelaaDined on 10/26/2013I was disappointed in Rocabella. We got the bruscetta - and the bread was soggy and the tomatoes not flavorful. The shrimp appetizer was also - just o.k. The Dijon chicken was good - but the mixed vegetables looked like the Birdseye vegetable mix. The accompanied side was also not listed on the menu. There were several items that were no longer available - which seemed odd as there were very few people in the restaurant. A large crowd came later - but they were still eating when we left. The servers were attentive but I was confused because it seemed that we were being waited on by two different people - so I wasn't sure who was and who was not taking our order.
- Hidden SpotJaneDined on 10/12/2013This is spot off the major areas of Napa. The chef and owner was quite attentive and helped in the selection of the wine. The service was excellent - we all enjoyed the meal very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What else could they be out of??ViennaWeeneeVIPDined on 10/5/2013Three of the main courses were not available and neither was our first choice of wine. Really? On a positive note the service was very good.
- Elegantly FashionableKristibugDined on 9/21/2013We had a delicious dinner here. Admittedly, my own diet is somewhat limited, but I was able to order un-marinated salmon and it was perfectly tasty. My dining partners had some yummy things that they were all perfectly happy with. The restaurant seemed very elegant, was slightly loud in that everyone was talking and having a good time, and it was perfectly wonderful. It didn't particularly stand out but it was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular EveningFoodieDined on 9/21/2013Our food was delicious as always and the chef charming and attentive. I really appreciate the insistence on free range meats and organic produce. There were a lot of different groups - a good lounge crowd - and a couple of large groups celebrating special occasions. The vibe was lively but my husband and I were still able to enjoy a romantic dinner in our lovely cozy booth. We also took advantage of their second happy hour from 9-10 and enjoyed the DJ. Overall, wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Meal & ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2013We tried Rocabella Bistro several months ago when they first opened. While many in our group enjoyed the meal, others felt the food and service were lacking. We decided to give them one more try this past week. Our meals were outstanding. The Greek salad was perfect with a great balance of tomatoes, onions, feta cheese and dressing. Their hummus and tzatziki sauce were superb. You must try them both. Our main courses, filet mignon and chicken were prepared to the exact temperature. Believe it or not, all of this including 4 glasses of wine were $100. One of the best values you will find in downtown Napa. Rock on Rocabella!! We look forward to many more meals at your restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the list of memorable nightsSirBlowtorchDined on 8/3/2013Another Saturday night delight. Food and staff were great. Even the music sparked memories and laughs to share. A great location if the city of Napa does not loose focus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were such limited choicesfoodietothemaxDined on 8/3/2013There were such limited choices and nothing was served with the meal. I a little basmati rice and some veggies would be great. Even the a la carte choices were limited.
- RocabellaFumeVIPDined on 7/16/2013New menu is good even thought I liked the old one a bit better. Ordered several plates & shared. Small sized entrees perfect for sharing. Calamari, garlic spaghetti, & garlic bread were my favorite. Chef visited our table which I really appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable ExperiencecraveVIPDined on 6/21/2013Our food was delicious and the service was great. Everyone made our celebration special. We particularly enjoyed the large list of appetizers, the al fresco dining and the music. We had a lovely evening and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but the serviceLoveItalianDined on 6/8/2013Good food but the service was average at best. The menu on Open Table did not match what was at the restaurant. Another large party was quite rowdy and were dropping F-bombs right & left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Find!NapaGirlVIPDined on 6/8/2013Loved it! As Napa foodies we consider ourselves fairly discerning diners. Since two previous restaurants in this location had failed to impress, we were skeptical but decided to give Rocabella a try. GLAD we did! We tried two of the pasta entrees and both were spectacular. The service was excellent as well even though it was a Saturday night and there was a large party at one table. The atmosphere is pleasant. We ran into friends who they said they've been frequenting Rocabella for a year and love it. And it's a great value too!! Wine list isn't very deep so if you're into wine, consider bringing a bottle. Very reasonable corkage policy.Special Features:
- Transported to the Mediterranean!craveVIPDined on 6/6/2013Dinner was delicious and the service was gracious & attentive. The chef provides a memorable experience with his charm. We enjoyed the many dining options. We had dinner in a beautiful Mediterranean-themed dining room and drinks in the chic outdoor lounge area. We finished our evening taking advantage of the DJ and large dance floor. It was a memorable evening out and we can't wait to experience it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceReviewVIPDined on 6/4/2013our server was not good. Main dish was not prepared as requested. Leftovers was brought in a crumpled foil. Asked for a box and she said she did not have one. But our party member's leftovers were placed in a box by another server. Poor service that was classless.
- You must discover this gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2013You must discover this gem! Wonderful menu all cooked to perfection. The friendly and enthusiastic chef owner visits each table to ensure everything is prepared to your liking. The attentive service reminded me of the type of service typically found in a small European Resturaunts. Go tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The starters were all veryAnnaDined on 4/20/2013The starters were all very delectable -- the tzatziki, the feta, the mushrooms and more. However, pita ratehr than grilled bread would have been appreciated and appropriate. We had a lovely Malbec wine. The entrees were all fine, but simple and nothing special. The spinach was very good, while the twice-baked potatoes had been baked one too many times and were boring and dry. We had fun, but I woudl not recommend the place other than for the appetizers and small plates.Special Features:
- The Owner/Chef/DJ is veryjoyahVIPDined on 4/5/2013The Owner/Chef/DJ is very personable. He came around the table and made us feel very much at home. Service was good and attentive. Most better establishments will coordinate so everyone is served at the same time. Here they brought out one dish at a time. We were a party of seven so even though there were no real gaps, it took a couple of minutes to get everyone served. The lamb (3 small strips) and shrimp (5 total) servings were very small but very tasty. The side dishes - spinach and stuffed baked potatoes -were served family style and I did not particularly care for either one of them. The pastas and French fries were really tasty. Cappuccino was yummy. Good music was playing. I'd go back for the pasta.Special Features:
- Love Rocabella! Chef camePjhBfhDined on 3/23/2013Love Rocabella! Chef came out to greet use and remembered us from our previous visits. Food was superb as always!Special Features:
- Rocabella has been nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2013Rocabella has been nothing but wonderful to us when we've dined there. I must confess I was a bit disappointed they're not serving Pita bread anymore and they didn't have any babaganoush on the menu. One pasta dish had too much garlic in it, but by and large the food is delicious, regardless. The diner should have requested little to no garlic, but didn't think it would be necessary since the hummus is so fantastic and not overloaded with garlic.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Was the best reservation we could get on a busy Saturday night in Napa. It was just okay.Special Features:
- Nice, clean and very openLuvDivingDined on 3/9/2013Nice, clean and very open space. The food was just "OK" but a bit overpriced for family style food and service.
- Excellent service, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2013Excellent service, the food was incredible... loved it...Special Features:
- A very welcoming chef/owner,napamatVIPDined on 2/22/2013A very welcoming chef/owner, and over all good experience. I was puzzled how they produce such a tender octopus (brining?), it's good, but I'd like a little more flavor. My wife did't like her chicken in cream. I tried the lamb skewers, and though it was good.
- An excellent MediterraneanDwolterVIPDined on 2/16/2013An excellent Mediterranean menu, with superb pork and beef dishes--Grecian spices and French. Largely organic vegetables and Niman Ranch meats. A new downtown Napa gem.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner hereMartyVIPDined on 2/9/2013We enjoyed our dinner here a great deal. very friendly staff and service.Special Features:
- The food is prepared perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/9/2013The food is prepared perfectly and the menu is varied. Service is impeccable. This is a great dining experience and a great value.Special Features:
- Rocabella RockssteveDined on 2/9/2013One of the best dinning experience I have had in Napa! Wow!Special Features:
- This was our first time diningFrancesNapaVIPDined on 2/8/2013This was our first time dining here, and we really liked it a lot. When you first arrive, they bring you a complimentary taste of a Moscato - very nice start. As it was our first time, we started with appetizers. We had calamari, eggplant lasagne, and a salad. They were wonderful, and we all particularly like the eggplant - it was so thinkly sliced. The chef came to our table to see how we liked everything. We then shared one order of lamb souvlaki, and as we were 3, the chef gave us one extra skewer. The service was excellent, and we left knowing we would be back soon.Special Features:
- Services great food is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/2/2013Services great food is outstanding recommend it to everybodySpecial Features:
- First time visit. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013First time visit. Excellent service and very nice cuisine. We particularly liked how the chef came for a brief table-side greeting. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding Chef and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/11/2013Outstanding Chef and excellent food and service. One of our families favorite Resturaunts in Napa.Special Features: