Robust - Downtown
635 Washington Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63101Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Robust - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.robustwinebar.com/downtown/
- Phone: (314) 287-6300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am- 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hemp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Robust - Downtown
Robust Wine Bar Downtown at the MX is an award-winning cafe, wine bar and wine shoppe located on newly revitalized Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.Sip wines, sample our tasting plates and shop our wines and gifts. Our menu of artisan cheeses, charcuterie and unique gourmet tasting plates are inspired by our wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Robust - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (12)special occasion (10)romantic (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cozy lunch on a snowy, blustery afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014A coworker and I headed downtown for lunch on a windy, snowy afternoon. We valet parked and our server did a great job making sure we knew about the $7 charge he would add later to the bill. We both had the crab-cake sandwich, which was superb. Toward the end, I discarded the bun in favor of the crab-cake to avoid having too much bread. My friend had the clam chowder soup, which she thoroughly enjoyed. We both enjoyed the views of the city and the interior. Our server was polite and knowledgeable. Another server kept an eye on us, as well, filling our drinks. As we were leaving through the hotel, the valet saw us and dashed for her car. I've been to both the Webster Groves and Washington Avenue locations and look forward to my next visit at either one. Thanks, Robust!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightwineo21Dined on 11/3/2014I took my girlfriend here for our date night. Great food and wine! We eah did a flight and our server, who we called Bubbles, was very knowledgeable and funny! Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014We chose the prix fixe menu with the paired wine flights. We had chowder, house salad, arctic char and shrimp & grits. The chowder had great flavor, a nice kick and wasn't too thick. The arctic char was a little boring, but tasted fine. The perfectly cooked shrimp & grits were delicious, although I found the bacon topping too chewy and distracting. My only wish was it wasn't served in a deep bowl - you had to hunt for your shrimp in the grits and bowl seemed awkward. The wines paired with the meals were good. Desserts were tasty, but not spectacular and the pretzels in the chocolate dessert were stale and out of place. My only complaint was that I thought the main courses were too small portions. The waitress was great. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAgnes54Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary at Robust. We had a wonderful meal and our server (Brannon?) was exceptional. My husband ordered all our food - when he told Brannon our selections, Brannon would agree it was a great choice or give us an alternate that we might enjoy even more. Every suggestion he made was spot-on, even the wine (The Ned) that he suggested for me. We had a great experience and my husband was very pleased with my choice of restaurants. Brannon even suggested a place for breakfast the next day that we knew of but hadn't thought of - we went there and continued to be pleased with Brannon's suggestions.Special Features:
- Great and dependablewinofoodieDined on 9/28/2014Robust is a favorite restaurant/wine bar no matter which location. The consistency of food quality and service has never disappointed. I treated my daughter and her boyfriend, who had never been there, to a late Sunday dinner, a difficult task to satisfy in St. Louis area as so many fine restaurants are closed! Thank you, Robust, for not disappointing. Their wine list is superb! The individual in charge of finding and maintaining their assorted and varied wines deserves a big applause.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!TorqualDined on 9/6/2014Servers knew the menu, wine list, beers, etc. VERY well. Food was excellent - I was surprised at how few people were there for a Saturday night. We will definitely go back next time we are in St. Louis!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Robust - Downtown reviews archive.