755 Montauk Highway
Water Mill, NY 11976Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://robertshamptons.com/
- Phone: (631) 726-7171
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Thursdays to Sunday
Thursday and Sunday: 5:30 - 9:00
Friday & Saturday: 5:30 - 10:00
Closed for Thanksgiving, open the day before Wednesday 11/26.
Closed for Christmas Eve & Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: 6317267171 6317267171x
A word from Robert's
Italian Coastal Cuisine, with a menu bringing together the finest local and international ingredients. We focus on grilled and roasted fish, meat, poultry and vegetables. Game in season. Handcrafted pasta and pastry. Full bar. Excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Robert's - Best Restaurants in Water Mill ›
Robert's reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)romantic (33)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Well worth the drive!AcmirroDined on 11/9/2014I came from Nassau County on a friends recommendation, and could not have been more impressed with Robert's restaurant. Friendly staff, my table was ready upon arrival, prompt service, and a spectacular menu. I had the salmon dish and it was cooked perfectly, my companion had the free range chicken and was entirely happy with it and the large portion dessert. Thank you for the great dining experience, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy on a cold and rainy nightWoodmomVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food and atmosphere excellent. Waitress was a bit unprofessional and tried to hurry us into ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyVIPDined on 10/26/2014We love Robert's for a dependable delicious dinner in a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Older women beware!HooperDined on 10/25/2014When my sixty-ish female self and female friend went to Robert's for dinner last night in Water Mill. NY, the maitre d' asked a waitress if she would like to serve us, and she declined. We were then given a decent table by the quick-to-recover maitre d' (no quarrel there) but only learned by overhearing our newly-assigned waiter read a list of specials to a mixed-gender, young couple that there were specials on offer; we had already ordered from the regular menu. The food was good, but we ended by thinking that our neck of the Hamptons had a long way to go in serving older women without male dining partners. We had hoped for better.Special Features:
- RobertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I had A fabulous dinner Saturday night. The night started its a drink at the bar, which was so much fun. The food was off the charts, waitstaff was attentive and professional. The noise level is a bit high but it's an old farm house and wouldn't change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placemichelesDined on 10/18/2014This is our favorite go-to for special occasions...Hampton pricey, but excellent food and Christian, our waiter, is excellent !!!! Had the duck, which was superb...and the chicken was excellent....can't wait until the fireplace is going on those cold winter nights!!!Special Features:
- Precious and affectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014This is a snooty place, with valet parking all year round, even though the parking lot is right there. There is a $20 extra charge for sharing a plate. Plus, if you are at your table a minute longer than 2 hours, you are literally shooed out. The food was very good and the waiter was a sweetie. Be prepared that most of the dishes are in the $30s and some in the $40s. It was not a comfortable dining experience.
- greatjtp1Dined on 10/17/2014great food in a great location we enjoyed the salads, appetizers, wine and atmosphere. Our waiter was very personable - and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine2loveDined on 10/10/2014Service is always given with a smile.Food is excellent and enjoy good winesSpecial Features:
- HappyHappyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Delicious...and vary accommodating with adjusting for dietary issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alledatseDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food in a very elegant yet relaxing atmosphere. In my last visit, service lacked individual attention. Had to call waiters attention, had to pour our own wine and were not asked if needed any thing but was very quick bringing my check. After I asked for it. This is a rare occurrence as in the past service was unquestionable. I will go back to enjoy the very good eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SglawDined on 9/27/2014All around excellent - food, service, décor, ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014i liked it alot but it was much too noisy- people at the next 2 tables were speaking very loud, mainly to hear each other and we certainly heard every word, but had trouble hearing our own conversation-Special Features:
- great food, service, and ambianceyummyVIPDined on 9/24/2014We started with the roasted veggie salad and grilled octopus. The waiter offered to have the kitchen split the octopus prior to serving - always a sign of great service. Both were delicious. For mains, we had the rigatoni bolognese, local striped bass, and grilled halibut special - all were flavorful and cooked perfectly. I wish we had room for dessert as it all sounded great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- AmazingjzigVIPDined on 9/20/2014If you love incredible service and food, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dolphinDined on 9/20/2014great meal & service. very accomodating. Music would be a great addition. Valet very nice & quickSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/19/2014we put this on hold after a bad experience or two but are glad to see all is more than back on track- Christian's personality is a treat!
- Charming Service, Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/17/2014We went on an unusually quiet night to this very popular restaurant. We arrived early and chose to eat at the bar. The service was outstanding. Charming, knowledgeable bar tender brought us delicious food and was present without being intrusive. We will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Cozy spotMoebDined on 9/16/2014If your looking for excellent dinning Roberts is it. Farm to table experience with fabulous wine list This place has it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A palate sensationGigglesDined on 9/15/2014The food here was amazing. We started the meal with calamari and shrimp appetizer. The breading was light and the seafood fresh as can be. I had the Ny strip which was cooked to perfection topped with rosemary, thyme. Mouth watering! My husband had the tuna which was very fresh and delicious! We ended meal with the coconut layered cake! Omg, the best dessert we've had in years. Recurrent theme, freshness! The cake was moist, delicate, and quite satisfying! This place is a must when visiting the Hamptons!Special Features:
- DeliciousRobinVIPDined on 9/8/2014Food and service superb!! Reservations are honored and never have to wait. Everything perfect.
- shellwomanshellwomanDined on 9/6/2014The food was great. We sat outside in the garden. Made you feel you could have been anywhere. Very charming. The appetizers were outstanding. Kale salad, burratta amazing. Duck and chicken were very good. Dessert excellent. Or waiter was very attentive and friendly. The customer service in general a top experience out here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally love this placeHamptonsfoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Sitting outdoors here on a balmy summer night is just bliss. None of the din that you find indoors here (and everywhere on a busy Hamptons summer night ) --and all of the pleasure of a very good Hamptons restaurant. That said, 3 of us ordered duck the other night, and it really was mediocre - dry AND greasy -- an achievement! The fish was excellent, as was the bread. We always look forward to an evening at Robert's and will certainly go back. We just won't order the duck,Special Features:
- Great food in Water MillBluehearonDined on 8/26/2014Very pleasant evening with an excellent meal - roasted beet salad , very fresh stripped bass - very good service - I will returnSpecial Features:
- One of the best in the HamptonsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant has creative Italian inspired cuisine served in an attractive relaxed farmhouse environ with thoughtful attentive waiters. Unlike places like, say, Topping Rose, that have higher prices but deliver less than their hype promises, this deserves to be better known.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dkmLove2dinenthehamptonsDined on 8/23/2014We have dined here on several occasions and we are always more than satisfied with the food and the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellentJFSHDined on 8/18/2014The food was excellent. Service not so good. Waitress was not accommodating for any change and was almost rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as alwaysNotnowVIPDined on 8/16/2014Robert is totally on top of this treasure. Delightful, current, clean, consistent.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014I can always count on Robert's for being a good dining experience. They seated us promptly, timing was spot-on, ambience was cozy and charming - as usual. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Not to be missedFoodie101VIPDined on 8/14/2014One of our favorites Food always well prepaired The best duck and chickenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014I have been to Robert's many times, even on special evenings like birthdays or anniversaries. Tonight was a deal breaker though. We were seated in the back room and there were two tables of four that were literally screaming and it's a very "bouncy" sound room. No carpeting or tablecloths or any sound absorbers. In any case we complained several times as did the couple next to us and the staff honestly didn't care. Seems the loud tables were friends of the staff. I hope they eat there often enough to support the business because after recommending this place to MANY friends over the past decade, I will never go back. What happened to customer service? The host actually said to me "it'll be quieter when they leave"!
- A new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/6/2014I can't say enough about this wonderful restaurant we just discovered! From the moment our server Christian greeted us to the most delicious entrees, to the melt in your mouth coconut layer cake ....you must go when visiting the Hamptons!Special Features:
- First time impressionSummerresidentDined on 8/6/2014Heard about the place from many. Sat outside which was nice. Good food and service but nothing outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Very enjoyable experience on all counts. Will be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BrittanyNYC92VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had such a great dinner here! The buratta and truffle pasta are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodie101VIPDined on 8/1/2014One of our all time favorites ! Very creative preparations. Everything top notch ! A must when in the Hampton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but overpricedVJC8VIPDined on 7/29/2014Typical for Hamptons. Decent but not scintillating Italian fare.Special Features:
- The following 287 reviews are from the Robert's reviews archive.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2014Excellent anniversary dinner with relatives. Quiet enough that you can hear yourself talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious. Excellent menu. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- One of the best In the HamptonsBubdVIPDined on 7/24/2014Eric, the maître d graciously welcomes you and reviews the menu with great enthusiasm . The food and service cannot be matched in most of the upscale Hampton restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.