755 Montauk Highway
Water Mill, NY 11976Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 6317267171x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open 7 days
Sunday thru Sunday 5:30-9:30 P.M.
Friday & Saturday 5:30-10:00 P.M.
Please note that hours of operation vary.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: 6317267171 6317267171x
A word from Robert's
Italian Coastal Cuisine, with a menu bringing together the finest local and international ingredients. We focus on grilled and roasted fish, meat, poultry and vegetables. Game in season. Handcrafted pasta and pastry. Full bar. Excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Robert's - Best Restaurants in Water Mill ›
Robert's reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DeliciousRobinDined on 9/8/2014Food and service superb!! Reservations are honored and never have to wait. Everything perfect.
- shellwomanshellwomanDined on 9/6/2014The food was great. We sat outside in the garden. Made you feel you could have been anywhere. Very charming. The appetizers were outstanding. Kale salad, burratta amazing. Duck and chicken were very good. Dessert excellent. Or waiter was very attentive and friendly. The customer service in general a top experience out here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally love this placeHamptonsfoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Sitting outdoors here on a balmy summer night is just bliss. None of the din that you find indoors here (and everywhere on a busy Hamptons summer night ) --and all of the pleasure of a very good Hamptons restaurant. That said, 3 of us ordered duck the other night, and it really was mediocre - dry AND greasy -- an achievement! The fish was excellent, as was the bread. We always look forward to an evening at Robert's and will certainly go back. We just won't order the duck,Special Features:
- Great food in Water MillBluehearonDined on 8/26/2014Very pleasant evening with an excellent meal - roasted beet salad , very fresh stripped bass - very good service - I will returnSpecial Features:
- One of the best in the HamptonsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant has creative Italian inspired cuisine served in an attractive relaxed farmhouse environ with thoughtful attentive waiters. Unlike places like, say, Topping Rose, that have higher prices but deliver less than their hype promises, this deserves to be better known.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dkmLove2dinenthehamptonsDined on 8/23/2014We have dined here on several occasions and we are always more than satisfied with the food and the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellentJFSHDined on 8/18/2014The food was excellent. Service not so good. Waitress was not accommodating for any change and was almost rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as alwaysNotnowVIPDined on 8/16/2014Robert is totally on top of this treasure. Delightful, current, clean, consistent.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014I can always count on Robert's for being a good dining experience. They seated us promptly, timing was spot-on, ambience was cozy and charming - as usual. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Not to be missedFoodie101VIPDined on 8/14/2014One of our favorites Food always well prepaired The best duck and chickenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014I have been to Robert's many times, even on special evenings like birthdays or anniversaries. Tonight was a deal breaker though. We were seated in the back room and there were two tables of four that were literally screaming and it's a very "bouncy" sound room. No carpeting or tablecloths or any sound absorbers. In any case we complained several times as did the couple next to us and the staff honestly didn't care. Seems the loud tables were friends of the staff. I hope they eat there often enough to support the business because after recommending this place to MANY friends over the past decade, I will never go back. What happened to customer service? The host actually said to me "it'll be quieter when they leave"!
- A new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/6/2014I can't say enough about this wonderful restaurant we just discovered! From the moment our server Christian greeted us to the most delicious entrees, to the melt in your mouth coconut layer cake ....you must go when visiting the Hamptons!Special Features:
- First time impressionSummerresidentDined on 8/6/2014Heard about the place from many. Sat outside which was nice. Good food and service but nothing outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Very enjoyable experience on all counts. Will be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BrittanyNYC92VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had such a great dinner here! The buratta and truffle pasta are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodie101VIPDined on 8/1/2014One of our all time favorites ! Very creative preparations. Everything top notch ! A must when in the Hampton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but overpricedVJC8VIPDined on 7/29/2014Typical for Hamptons. Decent but not scintillating Italian fare.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2014Excellent anniversary dinner with relatives. Quiet enough that you can hear yourself talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious. Excellent menu. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- One of the best In the HamptonsBubdVIPDined on 7/24/2014Eric, the maître d graciously welcomes you and reviews the menu with great enthusiasm . The food and service cannot be matched in most of the upscale Hampton restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always gooddhdiiVIPDined on 7/24/2014One of our favorite spots when we go to the East end.Special Features:
- A findletotherscookVIPDined on 7/21/2014We drove past Roberts for years, and finally tried it this week. It's a truly lovely restaurant with very good food. Atmosphere is that of an old barn, simple and clean, with a small but pleasant area for outside dining. It was a Monday, so not that crowded, but I imagine it would be fairly noisy if full. I had a fantastic pasta bolognese and my husband said his duck was among the best he ever had. Service was attentive. I had heard service could be snooty, but didn't find that to be true at all. It is fairly pricey -- although no more so than other upscale Hamptons restaurants -- so would probably make this more of a special occasion choice. Still, a great find amid the ever-changing list of local places out here.Special Features:
- Yum!!KikiVIPDined on 7/20/2014The truffle pasta is a MUST-HAVE!! As is the Coconut cake for dessert. I can't believe I haven't found this place sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionVIPDined on 7/19/2014One of the best dinners I have had in a long time and a terrific staff so friendly and attentive. The soft shell crab, a summer special is to die for, along with everything else ont he menu. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieCCharlieDined on 6/28/2014We did not have a reservation but Robert went out of his way to get us in for our anniversary dinner. Everything was excellent as usual....outstanding food! Thanks..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Older CrowdJoeGDined on 6/27/2014Had never seen Roberts and wondered where it was. You cannot see it from road, so that explained why we had never seen it. Visited on a Friday night. Food was excellent. We sat inside and there was definitely a much older crowd. Was also noisy. Every table in the place was taken. When leaving we noticed some younger people were seated outside. May do that next time. Steak cooked to perfection. Grilled sea scallops were light and delicious. Pasta Bolognese was terrific. Desserts are out of this world!!Special Features:
- Charming and RomanticshermanDined on 6/25/2014Robert's is a charming restaurant with wonderful food. The soft shell crab and duck received rave reviews from the diners in our party. Perfect restaurant for couples or small groups. Food is outstanding and the setting is very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water Mill GemRickVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our new favorite restaurant west of Bridgehampton. Same owner and staff as now defunct Paradise Cafe in Sag Harbor, but with even better food and service. Long Island Duck was excellent as was everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Roberts!TinaVIPDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Roberts. The food was inventive and amazing. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Certainly my favorite in the Hamptons!Special Features:
- sally23Dined on 6/4/2014We had a celebratory evening for a friend's 75th birthday. It was perfect. Noise level in the back room gets tough when that started to fill up but we were almost finished.Special Features:
- A Big Cut Aboveebe9800VIPDined on 5/31/2014phenomenal menu.. most creative menu in the Hamptons! fantastic service and attentiona!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestAlexDined on 5/25/2014I can't say enough great things about Robert's. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and charming, the food was exceptional, and the ambiance was amazing. Will definitely be coming back on my next Hamptons visit!Special Features:
- robert's choice!luvtoeatDined on 5/21/2014Love Robert. Love Robert's. Special place! Great food! Feel very comfortable and enjoy every minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari is great!LoverofgoodfoodDined on 5/20/2014Robert is known for his fried calamari. Now he can be known for his wonderful seafood salad.Special Features:
- The following 270 reviews are from the Robert's reviews archive.
- Better and betterAMKoVIPDined on 5/16/2014Robert's has always been a great destination. Some new menu items (try the shrimp scampi) make it even better. Can be loud (low ceiling) if there is a crowd and a noisy table (it happens, unfortunately, everywhere in the Hamptons), but generally Robert's is restful and relaxing. The service is about as good as you'll find anywhere.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable & good food a placewine2loveDined on 5/2/2014It is a wonderful restaurant.Service is attentive and very good. TYhe food and presentation are excellentSpecial Features:
- Relaxing and ElegantAMKoVIPDined on 4/22/2014We eat at Robert's often. Late on a quiet Tuesday, the food was as inviting and varied as on the weekends, the service was meticulous and (as always) very friendly, and the charming setting was inviting even with very few other diners. We felt relaxed, even a little pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert's - WatermillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2014Our first visit after talking about it for 15 years! A friend of ours was performing on a Monday evening followed by open mic folks. Great food, loved our waitress and the performances by local artists were much appreciated by all. Excellent ambience, would go back in a minute (off-season).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Robert's is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2014Dinner at Robert's is always enjoyable. Good Food and Good People.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Great Fine Dining ExperienceScrimshawDined on 4/5/2014So many people return to Robert's over and over again. One is always assured of a warm welcome whether it's your first, second or 50th time. We don't go there often -- the prices are way high -- but we always love it when we do. The food is incredible and inventive and the busy vibe is just right. Although I would probably stay away in the summer when the wanting to see and be seen crowd takes over. The arugula and parmesan salad is just fabulous and plenty for 2.Special Features: