755 Montauk Highway
Water Mill, NY 11976Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 6317267171x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open 7 days
Sunday thru Sunday 5:30-9:30 P.M.
Friday & Saturday 5:30-10:00 P.M.
Please note that hours of operation vary.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: 6317267171 6317267171x
A word from Robert's
Italian Coastal Cuisine, with a menu bringing together the finest local and international ingredients. We focus on grilled and roasted fish, meat, poultry and vegetables. Game in season. Handcrafted pasta and pastry. Full bar. Excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Robert's - Best Restaurants in Water Mill ›
Robert's reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)romantic (40)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (24)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Problem with price for specials.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2008Problem with price for specials. They are out of line with entree and appetizer prices that are on the menu.Special Features:
- great all around. food excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2008great all around. food excellent, fab pie for desert and great service.Special Features:
- Now that the weather has turnedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2008Now that the weather has turned towards fall and winter Robert's is an excellent dining choice. It is an old farmhouse with a warm and intimate atmosphere. Chef Natalie has been at Robert's for many years and the staff sees little turnaround- the result being that they run Robert's like a smooth machine. The food is excellent and everything about Robert's is very professional. Top rating- Paton MIllerSpecial Features:
- very pleasant, we enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/2008very pleasant, we enjoyed our evening very much and will return; great produce from the gorgeous Hamptons farms!Special Features:
- This would have been the perfectnhb8150Dined on 8/27/2008This would have been the perfect Hamptons dinner apart from the fact that one of the entrees was left off the order as were the contorni. The missing entree eventually appeared but had been rushed.
- Probably my best dining experiencesjessiDined on 8/25/2008Probably my best dining experiences in the Hamptons and one of the best on the East End. Not only was the food out-of-this-world delicious but the service was gracious,prompt and polished and the ambience tasteful and unpretentious. If not for the price, I would dine here weekly. For special occasions it will be my first choice.Special Features:
- The best meal I have had allOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2008The best meal I have had all summer. The prices are on the higher end, but everything we ordered was outstanding.Special Features:
- The food is great BUT theyFoodyVIPDined on 8/16/2008The food is great BUT they could use better acustics. It's very noisy.Special Features:
- Delicious meal... Very innovativeOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/1/2008Delicious meal... Very innovative menu.. Very expensive... But worth it compared to other over priced Hamptons restaurants that are ridiculously overpriced for mediocre food and service...Special Features:
- WE SAT OUTSIDE AND THE WEATHERuninspiredDined on 7/25/2008WE SAT OUTSIDE AND THE WEATHER HAD TO BE PERFECT, WHICH IT WAS.....THE SERVICE WAS AMIABLE AND EFFICIENT....THE ATMOSPHERE WAS SUBDUED BUT FINELY ATTUNED....AN EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR "FINE DINING" IN A MORE CASUAL MANNER....Special Features:
- Staff was knowledgeable andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2008Staff was knowledgeable and friendly, without being intrusive. Dining room is hospitable and gracious. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- It was an amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2008It was an amazing experience! It was my girlfriend's 30th B-day and they prepared an amazing cke for here -- thank you Lisa! Also, the food quality was supern, the service was quick and attentive -- overall an A+++ experience! Thank you!Special Features:
- Was very disappointed - greatBalletgoerVIPDined on 7/11/2008Was very disappointed - great tuna, but very soggy fries. Good burrata/tomato salad, but at $21? Come on! It was the special and was $3 more than any other appetizer or salad - waitress gave no prices and I (my fault) didn't ask. Fruit pie was thickened with tapioca - why? Was there this past winter and the food was much better. What happened?
- The service was amazing althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2008The service was amazing although I can't recommend that this will be the case in August. I'm a little curious as to why I requested a 7:30 reservation and was told I could only have 7:00 or 8:00 since there were very few people in the restaurant during the time that we were there.Special Features:
- Robert's is a staple in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2008Robert's is a staple in our dining lives. We are locals and have sampled all the restaurants in the Hamptons. Robert's is among the top 3.Special Features:
- We started by being told thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008We started by being told that the restaurant ran out of bread. When we ordered our main courses, we were told that they ran out of what two of us had ordered. When our entrees were served the wait staffer dropped the plate of food on the floor. We reminded the maitre'd that maybe they should take back the food on the table until they serve the replacement dish so we can all eat together. They happily did that, and then we all ate cold food, so much so, that we joked that they must have reconstituted the dropped food, because the food they served could not have been cooked for us as a replacement dish. Then no deserts, no apologies, statements that may have made us feel that this was unusual and that we might return, so We will not.
- Although we enjoyed our dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2008Although we enjoyed our dinner, I felt that the prices were way too high - even for the Hamptons. I am not sure we would return based on that.
- Felt a little rushed, consideringOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2008Felt a little rushed, considering it was a Thursday night in early June and it was not very crowded. Overall, the dining experience was pleasurable and would like to try it again.Special Features:
- This restaurant should hireOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2008This restaurant should hire a sommelier - that was the only thing wrong with the entire meal, which was outstanding.Special Features:
- We LOVE Robert's and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2008We LOVE Robert's and have been going there more and more often. The food is always excellent and it's a guaranteed great time. Sheri Rosenblatt & Rob LikoffSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, with originalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2008Excellent food, with original ideas plus all the food works together. The pasta is exceptional.Special Features:
- WE HAVE THOROUGHLY ENJOYEDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008WE HAVE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED ROBERTS FOR A LONG TIME. THE FOOD,SERVICE AND AMBIANCE ARE EXCELLENT. THIS TIME, HOWEVER, WE HAD A CHOICE OF EITHER A 6:45 RESERVATION OR 9:00. WE TOOK THE 6:45. WE CONSIDER ROBERTS A DINING EXPERIENCE. ON THAT EVENING WE FELT VERY RUSHED AND ALTHOUGH WE ENJOYED OUR FOOD THE FINE DINING EXPERIENCE WAS LOST. OUR MAIN COURSE ARRIVED AT THE TABLE MINUTES AFTER OUR APPETIZER. WE SENT IT BACK AND IT WAS BROUGHT BACK AGAIN SHORLTY THEREAFTER. IT WAS MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY AND WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/17/2008One of my favorite places in the Hamptons. Absolutely wonderful from start to finish.Special Features:
- Every time I have had theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2008Every time I have had the pleasure of being a guest at Robert's I have not been disappointed. The food is always the best, a bit pricey, but for that very special occasion it can't be beat!Special Features:
- Fine dining in a country houseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2008Fine dining in a country house setting with excellent service. A personal perennial favorite.Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance and terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/11/2008Excellent ambiance and terrific food. Service also excellent. Very very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/21/2008Extremely disappointing!! We've seen a precipitous drop-off in food quality during our last couple of meals. It’s like the regular chef's been replaced by an unqualified imposter. The net result is damaging & in our case, I'm afraid permanently so. For eg. - our pea soups were heavily over-salted & watery & at $15 per soup, were pricier than Daniel NYC - which is fine if you're delivering an amazing product, however in this case it is the extreme opposite!! The salmon entree, ordered Med-Rare came out Well-Done & burned. The lamb shank was unseasoned & devoid of flavor. However, the brussel-sprouts were excellent. The service was very good & ambiance charming. Mediocrity & sub-par best describe our dinner. Sadly, we will not be returning.