755 Montauk Highway
Water Mill, NY 11976Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 6317267171x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open 7 days
Sunday thru Sunday 5:30-9:30 P.M.
Friday & Saturday 5:30-10:00 P.M.
Please note that hours of operation vary.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: 6317267171 6317267171x
A word from Robert's
Italian Coastal Cuisine, with a menu bringing together the finest local and international ingredients. We focus on grilled and roasted fish, meat, poultry and vegetables. Game in season. Handcrafted pasta and pastry. Full bar. Excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Robert's - Best Restaurants in Water Mill ›
Robert's reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)romantic (40)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (24)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Roberts is a winner!MikeDined on 5/11/2013Looking for a romantic night out in the Hamptons with an excellent dinner? Roberts may work for you. Ask for the corner table in the back room; it's very cosy. Not inexpensive (NYC prices) but well worth it.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013Wonderful experience. I got there early enough for a quiet and romantic experience. Even when it got crowded later on, it still felt intimate and charming. Food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant,mxromenDined on 5/10/2013All I have in that restaurant was excellent. Special Thanks to owners.. Regards..Special Features:
- We loved our dinner- the waitmichelesDined on 4/13/2013We loved our dinner- the wait person suggested the monk fish and she was pot on! My friend said his duck was the best ever...calamari app were enjoyed by all and the classic Caesar was perfect. we will return...Special Features:
- We had a delicious & wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2013We had a delicious & wonderful evening with friends.Special Features:
- Very good food in a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/7/2013Very good food in a pleasant setting on a Sunday evening. We were only 2 but there was a group celebrating something. I like the table in the bar.Special Features:
- So nice to see some of theGrandmaDVIPDined on 3/29/2013So nice to see some of the staff from Paradise at this location. Wish the chef had come with them too. Food disappointing and overpriced.
- There is good food in the Hamptons.missmouseVIPDined on 3/23/2013Yes there is good food in the Hamptons. After a year or so of not dining at Robert's I visited them on a cold night in March and had a wonderful meal there. I was really impressed by the breadth of the menu offerings, settling on a swordfish with a tapanade-like topping and grilled asparagus. My husband had a perfectly prepared pasta bolognese. All was delicious. I love the ambiance of the place. It's like a lovely old Hamptons House but not pretentious in anyway. As cold as it was outside, that's how cozy it was inside. The service was great. Our server was very much on her toes, friendly but not overbearing. I'm almost afraid to recommend it because I'm afraid I won't be able to get a reservation in seasSpecial Features:
- From the moment you walk inAMKoVIPDined on 3/16/2013From the moment you walk in the door and are greeted by Eric - - the attentive and charming host, formerly of New Paradise in Sag Harbor - - you feel special and privileged. This is one of those places that actually make you feel that going out to dinner in the Hamptons is really worth the fuss. The food is very very good, though the selection is limited - - they actually list their pastas as main courses, probably to make the list look longer. Prices are quite New York, as are most of the patrons. Service is intelligent and good natured.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and the serviceLilyVIPDined on 3/16/2013Fabulous food and the service is extremely professional and friendly.Special Features:
- always love Roberts! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2013always love Roberts! Great food,& romantic atmostphere
- Always a gem foe us. LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2013Always a gem foe us. Love the staff and Robert is one of our favorite people!!! And the food ain't so bad either!!!! A pure 10!!!Special Features:
- Robert's is a classic.MtkGardenerDined on 2/19/2013Robert's, in an old house with exposed ceiling beams, copper-topped tables, and lots of wood, begins to charm as soon as one enters. The cozy atmosphere is complemented by an Italianate menu featuring mostly familiar favorites, all prepared with care and a light touch. The pork osso bucco special we enjoyed was perfectly tender atop runny, yummy saffron risotto. A salmon filet had the crispiest skin and was moist and packed with flavor, perched on a heap of perfectly roasted vegetables. A dish of handmade pasta was well cooked and sauced. Looking for a restaurant that is Hamptons hip and pushes the envelope? Forget Robert's. It is traditional without being stodgy, and chic without the attitude. p.s. Excellent bar.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The hostess was slow, but the table service was great. The food was excellent, try the pesto calamari. The biscotti to-go make a great memento to bring home. The lighting is soft and the decor is clean and minimal. Lots of little nooks to nestle into. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Cozy place in Water MillBobhDined on 2/2/2013Thiscwas a great evening. Our party of 5 was well taken care of. Food was very good. very quite restaurant. Cozy on a winters night
- great location & view shamedissapointedVIPDined on 1/25/2013great location & view shame food doesnt measure up to that feature
- Wonderful Place! AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2012Wonderful Place! Atmosphere warm and inviting, food was delicious! Would absolutely go back with friends!Special Features:
- always a great evening. I'mbarbEHVIPDined on 12/23/2012always a great evening. I'm looking forward to trying the new weekday menu.
- Good food, solid and consistant.TheFishmanVIPDined on 12/19/2012Good food, solid and consistant. They modified menu offers more choices during the week vs. the weekend. The staff is fabulous and so friendly and accommodating. Tough to find so watch carefully for sign but worth it.Special Features:
- WOnderful winter atmospherenjlinkVIPDined on 12/15/2012WOnderful winter atmosphere in the Hamptons. Food and service not as good on this visit as previously.Special Features:
- This restaurant is not worthLarryDVIPDined on 11/24/2012This restaurant is not worth going to. The food is mediocre at best, service was terrible and very pricey. The menu says no substitutions and they ask for a tip in cash which is extremely rude.
- Am so very happy there hasQUEENIEVIPDined on 11/17/2012Am so very happy there has been a complete change in Personnel. They have returned to their original Days of far Ago...... Welcome home Eric.........Special Features:
- A Good Choice in the HamptonsAMKoVIPDined on 11/10/2012Reliabily good (and expensive, though a lower-priced weekday menu is on the way), Robert's delivers a fine dining experience with a varied and often imaginative menu and friendly and capable service. The main room, with fireplace, is handsome and welcoming. The smaller room is fairly basic. The bartender is superb. The reservations process is rather annoying.Special Features:
- we enjoy Robert's ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012we enjoy Robert's ambiance, and food. service is experienced and knowledgable.
- amazing evening! with thebarbEHVIPDined on 10/6/2012amazing evening! with the temporary closing of the New Paradise - all the best is concentrated at Roberts.
- Not worth a visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2012Very disappointed with food, service, cost and decor at this restaurant. The menu was uninteresting. We had trouble finding 2 appetizers and 2 main courses that appealed to us. The shrimp and spinach salad was over onioned and otherwise bland. The artichokes were oily. The flounder was dry and the salmon with grilled and roasted vegetables was ok, although there were no roasted vegetables. It was my wife's birthday and I had called that day to request a candle. The desserts were brought without a candle. Afterwards the waitress came over to apologize saying they had told her to put in a candle but she had forgotten. That didn't do it for me. She should have brought an extra biscotti or something with the candle when she realized.
- Food and service are excellent!Kimster28VIPDined on 9/9/2012Food and service are excellent! They make a perfect Cosmo not too much cranberry juice. The fish dishes are the best I have had in the Hampton's besides for Dave's Grill in Montauk.Special Features:
- service sours foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/2/2012The negative vibe of the staff at Robert's really soured the otherwise a fairly good food experience. Whenever we asked a simple question, such as: "could we order a half order of pasta? the answer was a gruff "no, that can't be done." The servers put every one of the plates in front of the wrong person, and were overall very indifferent and inattentive. It just made the experience such a downer.
- Charming, warm, inviting...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2012Roberts was a wonderful experience... It's a class act with warmth and ambiance. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- First bad meal, eversonnyDined on 8/21/2012Roberts has been one of the best restaurants in the Hamptons for many years and we have been going there often for what must be a decade. On this occasion we had the first truly bad meal, perhaps ever. The veal was of poor quality or at least one couldn't tell because it was basically breaded and greasy beyond edible. In all fairness when this was brought to the attention of the waitress they credited the meal without question, but perhaps something has changed. Only one out five meals were bad.
- Food was underseasoned, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2012Food was underseasoned, but not bad. Nothing really stand-out about the place.Special Features:
- i have been to roberts manyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2012i have been to roberts many times but last saturday was terrible....we arrived at 7:05, were pressed to have our orders taken quickly, got our appetizers at 7:15 and our entrees arrived at 7:25 while we were still eating our first course...i know it is august and people need to make money but this was crazy...and then, when we got home, two members of our party were sickened with food poisining....never again
- Never disappoints. CasualGlad4GrouponVIPDined on 8/13/2012Never disappoints. Casual but elegant dining. Beautiful presentation and not overdone flavors......simple and delicious. Don't miss the Burratta appetizer!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- High expectations were met.BauerdrDined on 8/9/2012High expectations were met. Waiter was very attentive and authentic in his concern.Special Features:
- A sure thingBirthdayVIPDined on 8/9/2012Robert's is always a sure thing. With places constantly coming and going in the Hamptons, it's nice to have a reliable choice.Special Features:
- A great restaurant!!! BurrataOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/5/2012A great restaurant!!! Burrata and tomato salad is addictive!!!Special Features:
- A lot noiser than expected.LocalvisitorDined on 7/20/2012A lot noiser than expected. Early reservation (7 PM) all we could get on a Friday night. Very fast service to turn the table over for next seating.Special Features:
- We were excited by the prospectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012We were excited by the prospect of solid, simple dining - hard to find in the Hamptons' chronically overreaching and overrated Summer restaurant offerings. Sadly, Robert's kitchen turned out the same resort meals we work so hard to avoid on the East End - three of us had a range of food from fish to meats which were uniformly uninspired; nothing objectionable but nothing to draw us back. The room is unusually charming enough however, that had it not been for the shockingly dismal service we'd have given the restaurant one more star for ambiance but the service was so willfully and unapologotically poor it seems irresponsible not to drop a star by way of warning to those who might consider squandering an evening there.
- Excellent menu with many itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/30/2012Excellent menu with many items I would have liked to order and top notch service.Special Features:
- Very expensive and a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2012Very expensive and a very old crowd; Unfortunately you don't get what you pay for. Food was under seasoned and underwhelming. There are a number of other restaurants nearby with comparable prices that serve more complex dishes and have more accommodating service.