755 Montauk Highway
Water Mill, NY 11976Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 6317267171x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open 7 days
Sunday thru Sunday 5:30-9:30 P.M.
Friday & Saturday 5:30-10:00 P.M.
Please note that hours of operation vary.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: 6317267171 6317267171x
A word from Robert's
Italian Coastal Cuisine, with a menu bringing together the finest local and international ingredients. We focus on grilled and roasted fish, meat, poultry and vegetables. Game in season. Handcrafted pasta and pastry. Full bar. Excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Robert's - Best Restaurants in Water Mill ›
Robert's reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)romantic (40)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (24)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Robert's - WatermillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2014Our first visit after talking about it for 15 years! A friend of ours was performing on a Monday evening followed by open mic folks. Great food, loved our waitress and the performances by local artists were much appreciated by all. Excellent ambience, would go back in a minute (off-season).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Robert's is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2014Dinner at Robert's is always enjoyable. Good Food and Good People.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Great Fine Dining ExperienceScrimshawDined on 4/5/2014So many people return to Robert's over and over again. One is always assured of a warm welcome whether it's your first, second or 50th time. We don't go there often -- the prices are way high -- but we always love it when we do. The food is incredible and inventive and the busy vibe is just right. Although I would probably stay away in the summer when the wanting to see and be seen crowd takes over. The arugula and parmesan salad is just fabulous and plenty for 2.Special Features:
- Still stellar after all these yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2014Robert's always invents new and wonderful dining experiences. Last night's dinner was an homage to Spring. Always using the freshest ingredients, Robert creates wonderful inventive dishes never disguising the true tastes by adding too many adjectives to each special course. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant which maintains it's highest standards after so many years in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un-Hampton EleganceAMKoVIPDined on 2/27/2014Understated, charming and welcoming, this previously high-priced (and worth it) country-inn like jewel has a winter menu that is both reasonably priced and delicious. On weekdays, the place is quiet and cozy, and both the host (Eric) and server (Christian) will make you feel like a very special guest. On weekends it's livelier, but still warm and charming. Try the osso buco, if they are serving it the night that you come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water Mill gemRobertoDined on 2/22/2014Wonderful experience. Honored reservation time as soon as we arrived. Noise level is fine. We could hear each other speaking which is not the case for many other restaurants in the area. Our guests were very happy and enjoyed their food---especially the osso buco. The filet of sole was delicious. The portions are very generous! I would definitely recommend this special restaurant with great ambience.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the HamptonsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/31/2014Having dined at many restaurants in the Hamptons, for thirty years, we rediscovered Roberts last week. We had delightful memories of previous dinners, but last week's dining experience was perfect. The food, service, and ambience were outstanding. Since the closing of Mirko's, Roberts is the best restaurant in the Hamptons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014I came upon Robert's on a whim through OpenTable but was very happy I did. I took my grandmother out on a Sunday for her birthday and they sat us right by the fire and were very attentive. The food was amazing! I honestly do not think you could go wrong with anything you choose off the menu. And they even put a birthday candle in my grandmother's dessert! All in all, loved this place and have not stopped raving about it! Cannot wait to go back next time I am in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurnat in the HamptonsMSchenklerDined on 1/13/2014The title of this review says it all. . . this is a must for every Hampton-goer who loves great food. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Consistently Great...PTJRDined on 1/3/2014Consistently great food and service. Everything at this restaurant is part of a well oiled machine, run by an experienced and successful owner, with a great chef, manager and wait staff who provide a unique and personal experience. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and comfortable diningeloracDined on 12/31/2013As always the food is great and the service friendly and helpful. It is a family favorite dining experience when in Watermill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/26/2013Always a pleasure to dine at Roberts. Most welcoming staff and the food is always a ten!!! Re introduced friends to dine with us. Were delighted , Loved their dinner and eager to returnSpecial Features:
- Hamptons BestHamptonslocalDined on 12/26/2013I've driven past Roberts for years, but finally decided to try them. The meal was delicious. The duck was truly exceptional. It was a breast and thigh and was nice and crispy and cooked perfectly. I am not a fan of sliced breast that is almost rare. This is the best duck I've had in years. I also recommend the mushroom salad. Because Roberts is an old house, there is a lot of ambiance. It's very cozy and romantic and the noise level was much lower than most Hampton's restaurants. If you want a romantic evening for just a great meal, check out Roberts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about this restaurantDrDebDined on 12/20/2013Everything about this restaurant is amazing!! Superb food, service and ambiance. Definitely a keeper. One of the finest restaurants in the Hamptons. Understated elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasure on a Quiet SundayAMKoVIPDined on 12/1/2013Robert's, so busy in the summer, was pleasantly and romantically quiet on the recent Sunday night we dined there. The service (Irena) was superb, and the food (a stunning scampi, a great lamb shank) superb, though the veal parmesan (not the usual item, lacking red sauce) was not very interesting. The room, with it's lovely gas fire, was a pleasure to be in. We returned on a busier Friday more recently, and everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Roberts Of WMTheFishmanVIPDined on 10/18/2013Great food, service and vibe. The consistency of Roberts makes it one of our weekly go to places. The staff is engaging, fun, friendly and very accommodating. Almost everything on the menu is "a winner."Special Features:
- Classic fine ItalianJuanCVIPDined on 10/6/2013Great meal on Sunday eve. Papardelle w braised short rib was on the spot. Good wine list to accompany. Overall very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid restaurant; with hasivolcanoDined on 9/21/2013A solid restaurant; with has a cozy setting and staff and a very capable kitchen. Overall, a nice surpriseSpecial Features:
- FAB service and meal!FAB6dinDined on 9/14/2013From the very start until the end - a great night - outstanding food and excellent service. Attention to detail. Robert was very pleasant . . . lively place but not rowdy . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2013Seems to have lost that upscale dining pleasure. Food was just ok and overpriced for the quality. Server brought bottle of water left on table and never returned to pour. Brought bread but no plates. The Pistachio Nougat Desert was excellent. Good Martini. Horseradish was old and no flavor.
- Worth a tripArnieDined on 8/31/2013Robert's was recommended by an East End foodie as a good place for our annual trip to the Hampton for dinner. He said it had the best food in the Hamptons. We weren't disappointed. Service was superb -- bartender even came to our table to make sure he had made the right adjustment to my wife's cocktail after she initially sent it back. One of our friends raved over her ricotta gnocchi, the other said his rack of lamb was special. When I asked about the tuna dish on the menu, the waiter asked, "Do you like an everything bagel?" to describe the seasoning in the crust. An apt description. The dish was great, as was my wife's pasta bolognese. A shared dessert -- the dark chocolate sorbet -- included a biscotti that is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/25/2013We knew the owner lost his other restaurant... his chef, hostess this season. Our meals over the last few years have always been good so we kept returning. We're finished. do not make a reservation here. The menu is not as advertised; the service is not good. If you care about service or quality of ingredients, go to tutto or sant ambroeus. There were only 5 tables dining which should have been a sign. At the height of the season we expected the joviality of any other place we passed on our way to or from dinner. The lot is empty for a reason.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2013I expected more. How about for starters no bread, and when I finally asked twice was told they had "run out." But that should have been said apologetically when we sat down. The beet salad had no taste, not from the nondescript cheese in overabundance nor from the beets...NO TASTE! The Almond crusted fish was over crusted so the very good fish was really overshadowed. Service was very well intentioned but poor and inconsistent. A waiter circled us twice filling water glasses of other tables and forgetting our until we were paying our bill. Prices are way too high for what was delivered. The burata was served excellently as was the kale.
- sitting next to a large groupbarbEHVIPDined on 8/15/2013sitting next to a large group of young men and women who do not have indoor voices takes a lot away from an otherwise wonderful dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2013Went for my wife's birthday. Real nice country atmosphere. Servers could not be nicer. We shared entrees, which they happily split and made into a nice plate for each of us. Gazpacho special was tasty. Bolognese sauce was quite good. Prawns in the scampi could have been larger, and were slightly mushy. Terramisou for desert tasted fresh and homemade. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Hampton's BestMikeVIPDined on 8/10/2013The Open Table reviews of some of the other Hampton's choices were downright scary. So we went with the place with the most upbeat reviews. That shows the importance of Open Table. Got right in, and in fact, got seated early. Everyone was very friendly. Our outside table was perfect for perfect weather [wouldn't recommend it if hot and humid]. If you need to nitpick, tables for 2 are too close to next table for 2. You may as well be joining them for dinner. Caesar salad with extra white anchovies was special, and was the stripped bass from Montauk. Flounder was OK. Peach/blueberry cobbler with vanilla gelato was great. Nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always good quality foodscottVIPDined on 8/2/2013As always good quality food and service. The outdoor garden makes for a special dining experience, and its less noisy than insideSpecial Features:
- Probably our favorite restaurantbarbEHVIPDined on 8/2/2013Probably our favorite restaurant out here. Traffic keeps us away in the summer. It's always a pleasure to eat here. We are warmly welcomed and treated well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert's Restaurant in Water MillBirDDined on 7/29/2013What a find!! Robert's is a bit hidden behind some old trees. But, once you find it you notice it's beautiful charm and country setting. Inside you are greeted warmly by the hostess & then your waitress. The decor made you feel at home. But, the food was scrumptious!! We started off with the mixed green salad with roasted tomatoes & pine nuts in a Chardonnay dressing. The flavors really went together. My husband ordered the sea bass on a bed of spinach with a potato pancake & I had the scallops on a bed of corn & tomatoes. We each ate every bite. Everything was delicious. Nothing was swimming in butter!! We were too full for dessert. On our next outing out to the South Fork of Long Island we hope to visit Robert's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food butLbepVIPDined on 7/26/2013Consistently good food but I feel like the menu has not changed since we visited last year. Seasonal local specials are always offered thoughSpecial Features:
- We had a great meal. FoodJEnniferVIPDined on 7/20/2013We had a great meal. Food was fantastic. Definitely one of The best restaurants in the Hamptons. We can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect anniversaryamaliDined on 7/20/2013What a wonderful choice this was for our romantic anniversary dinner. The drinks were perfect; and the food quite outstanding. We were seated on time - service was very attentive and not rushed. We loved this place...... and will happily make the 1 1/2 hr ride to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2013Been going to Robert's at least once every summer for the past 4 years and it never disappoints. Food is always fresh and prepared wonderfully. Service is always fantastic. We always go during the week to avoid the weekend traffic from Westhampton and are always seated immediately, even when we show up early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were initially concernedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/15/2013We were initially concerned at Roberts as the setting lacked bread plates and the waiter was unsteady about drink orders. Once we did order, the food was simply excellent and that is what you go to a restaurant to experience. I also liked the waiter's cooperation after the initial lack of steadiness on the drinks. He was patient as we relished the evening with friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience...great food!ParisDined on 7/10/2013You might mistake this historical home for a private residence, if you don't look carefully. Nestled amongst trees, right off Montauk Hwy, in Watermill. We were greeted by warm, friendly faces and immediately felt at home. The food was outstanding and there is something for everyone offered on this menu. Of particular interest for vegetarians, is an unique and mouth watering salad menu. A wonderful selection of fish and meat dishes are available and the wine was perfection. There is a large outdoor eating area, plenty of seating inside and a parking lot in the back (which is difficult to see from the road.) If you are looking for an elegant evening, great food, stellar service and a side dish of Hampton's history, this is the spot for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and charming serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2013The baked peach/fruit pie was phenomenal. Rib-eye tasted great. Enjoyed the bass. Would highly recommend any of il continori.Special Features:
- Been there - done thatBelleDined on 6/4/20133 occasions, each worse than previous. View is beautiful if you can be seated near window. Food is mediocre at best. Service is ok, too long between courses.Special Features:
- Better than everMcir14VIPDined on 5/31/2013As always one of our favorites! Can't get enough of the summer truffle pasta!Special Features:
- Food average, setting beautifulSandNVIPDined on 5/24/2013I don't really understand all the rave reviews about the food at this restaurant. It's average, at best. It seems like they try to prepare food that is above their comfort level, making it a touch too complex without the skill to execute it. Even the fried calamari was mediocre, and the odd, dry cornmeal crust really didn't do it any favours. This is far from the best food in the hamptons. On the plus side, the setting is very nice and cozy, the ambience is good and the maitre d very attentive.Special Features:
- A gem of a dining experienceBubdVIPDined on 5/24/2013Eric, the manager welcomes you warmly at the From entrance and service begins professionally And rapidly. Christian , one of the waiters reviews The menu with humor and knowledge and Begins making dining a fun time. The food is varied and delicious . The dessert, Tirimisu is as good as you can find anywhere . Comes with a candle if you are celebrating A birthday . The restaurant has its act together .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.