Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.robertsatlanticcity.com/
- Phone: 8555007623x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, from 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday, from 5pm to 11pm
Lounge Hours, Monday through Thursday, from 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday, from 4pm to 1am
Live Music in the lounge Friday and Saturday, from 8pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Savarese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night in the lounge beginning at 8pm till 12am, Luxury Happy Hour everyday from 5pm-7pm, $9 top shelf drinks, and Friday and Saturday from 9pm-11pm....
A word from Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
Robert's Steakhouse of New York features a contemporary steakhouse menu with additional offerings to satisfy omnivores of all varieties. A fine dining oasis located just off the casino floor at the Trump Taj Mahal, Robert's, like its New York counterparts, does its dry-aging in house and serves innovative signature cocktails, single barrel and small batch whiskeys and boasts a comprehensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (35)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)notable wine list (18)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Best Rib Eye you can geT ! Food is Great , as is atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Best Steak dinner we have ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The evening was flawless. From the waiter helping my wife with her wine choice to the most perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willcomeback4Dined on 8/23/2014Reservation was right on time and steak was outstanding. Four diners had three different meals and we all raved about themSpecial Features:
- love2dinelove2dineDined on 8/14/2014Although there are several outstanding restaurants serving the Atlantic City area, in my book, Robert's Steakhouse is one of the best. This was our first dining experience at Robert's. The ambiance is noteworthy and inviting from the first moment you enter. The varied menu offered excellent selections - my friend enjoyed an elegantly rack of lamb while I feasted on a petite filet with a tasty cabernet. After two hours of good conversation, savory food, and friendly professional service, we enjoyed a 'creamy crème' , said our goodbyes, and promised to dine again at Robert's Steakhouse in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks!GusmediaDined on 8/12/2014Your typical steak house. Not the very best I've been to but certainly an excellent experience. Very attentive and knowledgeable about what they are selling. Not extremely busy but it was late at night. Overall a superb meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseLocaldinerVIPDined on 8/11/2014Easily the best steakhouse in Atlantic City. Palm's and Ruth trading on their name. Outside of the mid west the beef was the best I've had. Great service and timing. A little odd that some of the salads had no greens. Not sure why in this day and age restaurants offer sautéed asparagus when they mean steamed. Ours were limp and looked as if they had been in a steamer. But you go to a steakhouse for the meat and that was excellent. For dessert we had something that came with Maker's Mark ice cream. Outstanding. Considering the wine, filets and that most of us upgraded to a scallop or two on the filet the 100.00 a person is reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointed .OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014With so many dining options in Atlantic City , I'm sorry that we selected Roberts . Was extremely disappointed with the quality of the food . The only saving grace was the nice ambiance and friendly wait staff .
- Too much moneyAnthony2014Dined on 8/4/2014Service was good, ambienec was very good, wine selsction was very good and the food outstanding but it still cost way to much money.Special Features:
- Would recommendLovegoodfoodDined on 8/3/2014The food was exceptional. The staff were courteous and professional, and extremely attentive. Overall I would recommend the restaurant. It was a birthday celebration which we were there for, and we were not disappointed. It is a bit pricey but worth the money we spent as we really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Robert's Steak house for the first time this past weekend and truly had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent and the service the same.Special Features:
- Great Special occassion dinnerShoeluverDined on 8/2/2014David, our waiter, was very friendly and attentive. The food was fantastic but very expensive. The bowl of lobster bisque was $19. Everything is a la carte, which was fine. If you're looking for a nice night out with the girls or that special someone and you don't mind paying the prices, Robert's Steakhouse is the place to go because all the food was excellent and the wait staff caters to your every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedShoregalDined on 8/2/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. My husband loves a good steak-he ordered a rib for $48.00 which was just that- a steak with NOTHING else. I ordered stuffed shrimp-3 small shrimp with 1/2 a teaspoon of stuffing for $39.00. We ordered onion rings for $16.00 & shared them. Well, with 2 cheap glasses of wine, the bill plus tip was RIDICULOUS!!!!!! But then again, what do you expect for Atlantic City? I was hungry when we left. Never again!Special Features:
- The Sophisticated SteakTomMartyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Beautiful new addition to the Taj in AC! Terrific, modern designed restaurant and very attentive service from their staff. Great selections of steaks and other items. Makes for a great evening!Special Features:
- Fantastic!foodforthoughtDined on 7/26/2014We eat at many steakhouses in Baltimore, Washington and Chicago; and Ruth Chris has always been our goto place, Roberts was simply amazing! We were very impressed with our waiter who was super wine knowledgeable and made great recommendations. The food was beyond our expectations and with a group of 6 keeping everyone happy is not always possible. We would definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- dry aged steak is amazing!HarveysEatsDined on 7/26/2014We had the porterhouse steak for two and it was the best steak ive ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time disappointed in RobertsGinnyDined on 7/22/2014I have been to Robert's 7 or 8 times in the last 2 years. I was always extremely satisfied with every aspect of the dining experience but most of all with the quality of our dinners. Tuesday night, I invited 5 guests to join me for dinner at Robert's. Once again I was extremely disappointed in the quality and presentation of our dinners. I'm not sure if you have changed chefs but, the only thing of note was the crab cake appetizer. The iceburg salad was just thrown together, no presentation at all. The $60 ribeye steak was literally thrown on the plate and was much smaller and thinner than prior times. The lamb chops were so salty that my cousin could hardly finish them. Having said that, I think this was my last visit to Robert's!!Special Features:
- Quality mealMikeDined on 7/19/2014Top quality beef. The servers were very friendly. If I had one complaint it would be the price. $12 for side and $50+ for steaks is higher than any competition in the tri state area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Setting was simple, but elegant. Wait staff was professional, knowledgable and easy to talk to. Hands down the best steak my wife an I have ever tasted. From now on all other steaks we eat will suffer from comparison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickEDined on 7/12/2014We went with a group and had a great time. The food was excellent, but SOOOO expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014the food was great but the service was ok, dont try to ask for specials because they try to pull you away from that! if you want to have a good dinner keep in mind you will need more than $400Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite AC resturant!MySweetLoveDined on 6/27/2014This was my first "Real" resturant lol...yea I'm young. But I love the atmosphere, dim lights, sophisticated setting. A true New York feel. And the main part..THE FOOD..is excellent! And I'm one to try new things and different things. The lobster bisque is a must have! My love and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fawning over high rollersthekidhartfordVIPDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I third or fourth time to Roberts and quite possible our last. The problem with Roberts, judging by the amount of comments about service, is that high turnover means poor service. I asked for a booth and they did not even know I did, as such they could not accomodate. Opentable VIP and someone who has and will drop north of $500 for two..We did this trip $507 with tip and it was very disappointing. $40 Patron Platinum with pineapple juice comes out in the wrong glass, (details matter). Appetizer was brought to table when we had just gotten our rolls. Kobe steak was very good but cooked wrong, as was my wife surf and turf. The big problem is staff fawning over high rollers, it really hurts service and last night showed.
- FritzDined on 6/27/2014Very good food and very friendly service. We enjoy going there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeyJoeyDined on 6/27/2014I really like to eat at Robert's--I usually have steak, because I am not a seafood lover--The steaks are always great as are the sides and salads. And the service is impeccalble.Special Features:
- Questionable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Service was poor due to improper coordination / assignment to setver. Server was ok did her best. Food was ok but spoiled by poor service. I have been to many high end stakeholders in my life and my visit to Roberts was not great!
- Mouth WateringrickyellenDined on 6/14/2014Crab croquettes with lump lobster hollandaise for an appetizer, rib eye steak, whipped potatoes and sauteed wild mushrooms... The crab croquettes with lobster hollandaise were to die for - the best thing I've ever tasted - and I'd love to have a meal of just that alone! Steak was cooked exactly as requested - ambience was outstanding - noise level was quiet. We brought our 3 year old son with us and even he loved the food. A must for the steak lover and foodie in you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchDinerDashDined on 6/13/2014the appetizers were delicious. I had the Tuna tartar and my wife had the shrimp cocktail. the tuna was sushi grade and perfectly seasoned. There were three huge shrimp in the cocktail. I ordered the ribeye and it was perfectly cooked to medium rare as requested. The waiter explained that the ribeye was dry aged like Peter Lugers and Sparks hinting that they were just as good. I was thinking that was a pretty bold comparison. When I took my first bite it definitely exceeded my expectations. It was just as good if not better. I suggest getting the creamed spinach as one of your sides. it is excellent. The only complaint I have was that the bread was a little hard and chewy but who goes to a steak house for bread.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014When your steak comes out its looks like an island in the middle of a white plate with nothing else.50 dollars and you don't even get green beans.They told me i was flagged after 3 beers .now i know why it wasn't crowded on a Saturday night. Take your money and go to the chart house you will be much happier.Special Features:
- Great Steakhousejr005Dined on 6/5/2014Great Steakhouse - with an impressive wine list and great sides and wonderful steaks. The big disappointment is that there red wines by the glass are served room temperature (meaning 70 degrees). If you like your red wines lukewarm - this is your place. For what they charge - which is a lot - they should know and do better.
- best steak ever!Chelsea1334Dined on 6/2/2014My husband and I selected the rib eye for two and it was the best steak ever! We had enough left over for an additional meal. Regretfully we had not left room for dessert. Our waiter was the best - very personable and present for any need, of which there wasn't any. Mac and cheese was slightly salty but the creamed spinach, with a hint of garlic was great. We started with the caesar salad which was adequate to split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word, superbKahunaDined on 5/21/2014Excellent steak and lobster, with wonderful service makes for a magnificent dinner experience. but a bit pricey.Special Features:
- JoeyJoeyDined on 5/21/2014Robet's is a great restaurant--the service is impeccable and the food is usually perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGinnyDined on 5/19/2014I have been to Robert's at least 6 or 7 times since it opened and loved it each time. This week was the first time I did not. The bar is great, the drinks are great and the service is great but, you changed your rib eye steak and that was the disappointment. The steak was always cooked to perfection and seasoned perfectly. This time, there was so much salt and some other kind of spices with parsley covering the whole steak and it really ruined it. Please go back to your former recipe and, please add baked potatoes to the menu. Thanks.Special Features:
- 50th BirthdayGBogleDined on 5/17/2014We went to AC for our friends 50th to celebrate. Dining at Robert's was the perfect start to our evening! Music and drinks at the bar then to our table. All of our meals were terrific; from the steaks to the tuna. Service was fantastic and the restaurant was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kissmanDined on 5/17/2014the food was good,a bit pricey but i knew that going in i guess,one wierd thing i found was you had to ask for a piece aof bread,and when they brought it to you you only got one roll,apiece,and a tap of ice cold butter,?that was it,i like bread with my meal,esp at these prices.but other than that the food was good good size portion,and laslty the apps came out very quick,but the main coarse took 25 -30 mins to come out after,and there were only mbye 8 other dinners in the place so that was a bit weird too,but all in a nice place to eat if you wnt a special night out with someone,Special Features:
- Bad food overpricedTony12Dined on 5/10/2014The salad had more crouton than lettuce The meat was over cooked ,talked to the manager , he seems does not care Never again thereSpecial Features:
- The following 241 reviews are from the Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal reviews archive.
- Uneven ExperienceblancmangeDined on 5/2/2014I ordered a bone-in New York Strip and requested it have a warm, red center. My husband ordered a Rib Eye and requested it medium rare. My husband's steak came out a perfect medium rare, with a gorgeous warm, red center. Fully one-third of my steak was well done--including parts well away from the edge--the rest was mostly medium. None of it was red, not even near the bone, although near the bone was at least mostly pink (I differentiate pink from red partially by texture, with pink being fully firm, and red being still somewhat soft). Based on other reviews, I didn't try to return the steak. If I had it to do again, I would choose a cut without a bone and sacrifice some flavor so I could get the doneness I want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry Aged PerfectionIAMHUNGRYDined on 4/26/2014Outstanding steakhouse. The Ribeye may be the best steak I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014Server and food were good. Biggest problem was that the restaurant did not keep to my open table reservation. Restaurant was over booked and my party waited 30 minutes past my reservation. We were late for a show that was scheduled for 9pm at the same location.Special Features:
- Night scene for partiesmonandtomDined on 4/26/2014Robert's is the place to have your bachelor/bachelorette party. Young and old crowd of people having fun and celebrating. Amazing steak and the oyster presentation on a huge slab of ice with seaweed was an interesting touch!! We would definitely come back for the same meal! Our server was also very friendly, helpful and personable.Special Features: