Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.robertsatlanticcity.com/
- Phone: (855) 500-7623
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, from 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday, from 5pm to 11pm
Lounge Hours, Monday through Thursday, from 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday, from 4pm to 1am
Live Music in the lounge Friday and Saturday, from 8pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Savarese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night in the lounge beginning at 8pm till 12am, Luxury Happy Hour everyday from 5pm-7pm, $9 top shelf drinks, and Friday and Saturday from 9pm-11pm....
A word from Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal
Robert's Steakhouse of New York features a contemporary steakhouse menu with additional offerings to satisfy omnivores of all varieties. A fine dining oasis located just off the casino floor at the Trump Taj Mahal, Robert's, like its New York counterparts, does its dry-aging in house and serves innovative signature cocktails, single barrel and small batch whiskeys and boasts a comprehensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (41)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (23)notable wine list (17)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DINING AT ROBERTSJoeyJoeyDined on 11/7/2014This place was excellent. The food was superb--my steak was done correctly and the salad,side, and desert were great. The service as usual was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyKakaDined on 11/1/2014Cane here for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. The atmosphere was nice, we ordered the rib eye steak and Robert's burger, both were really salty especially the steak. Even the french fries are pretty salty.. Wasn't sure if that was their original recipe or if the chef accidentally put too much salt, I personally thought it ruined the steak. The meat itself is high quality but just not the taste. The restaurant manager checked with the tables who oredered wine periodically, but for those who did not order wine like us, were not greeted by him. The waitress who served us was nice though. Overall, I would not recommend this restaurant because of the taste. I would definitely pay for Bobby Van for the same price.Special Features:
- A great finishGinnyVIPDined on 10/28/2014I'm hoping this isn't the last time I will be dining at Robert's since it looks like the Taj Mahal is closing on 12/1 but if it was, it was a great way to end a great dining experience. We were a party of 3 and ordered the Kobi Beef and it was amazing. I hope to have the opportunity to visit again before Dec. 1 or at your other location in the future.Special Features:
- Delish!BrandieDined on 10/28/2014The food here was really amazing - I tend to eat at a lot of steakhouses and the meat was excellent here - perfectly cooked and great flavors. Potato gratin was so good! Dipping sauce for the onion rings with bleu cheese was yummy too. Wine list had some ridiculously overpriced items on it - you can tell whoever built the list knows exactly what people visiting them are going to be ordering - huge markups on popular napa labels and super tuscans. Wines by the glass also seriously overpriced for their value, particularly the whites. Be prepared to spend for your drinks, but all in all, a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuitarmanDined on 10/23/2014Food is of a quality and prepared well and the service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert's Atlanic City, NJBetsyDined on 10/13/2014This was our first time at Robert's Steakhouse. Everything from the hostess to the servers was impecable. Food was outstanding and the complimentary items was a pleasant surprise. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- This was our fourth trip this year.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We absolutely Roberts Steakhouse in AC. Without a doubt they serve the best steak that I've ever tasted. Make sure you try the potato gratin and jumbo lump crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food is quite good, but portions are small and prices are way too high for what you receive. Not a bottle of red wine available for under $80. There are certainly better steakhouse choices when it comes to value.
- Great experiencespecialDined on 10/11/2014The whole dinner was great. Service, attention to detail, food was great. Was not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & sides - steak notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Made reservations for a Friday night & surprised to see that we were one of the only tables seated. Service was outstanding, loved the ambiance although the live music was so loud we left with headaches. Enjoyed the idea of the intermezzo but it didn't taste the greatest. The only reason we went there (~$200 for 2 people & only 1 beer) was for the praises on the steak. The NY Strip was inedible - I even said to my husband, Applebees serves a better steak. It had a smell immediately, the taste was unbearable and even though I brought it home to feed to my dogs, I threw it out because it had a stench & nasty flavor. Filet Mignon was mediocre but nothing like we expected from other steakhouse. On the flip side, the sides were delicious.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Staff was good. Took entirely too long to be served. Second time this has happened. We will not be back.
- Service is PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Christine is absolutely phenomenal. We were so impressed by her knowledge and professionalism. She was fun and engaging which made the entire meal enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our steaks were over-cooked and dry. The sides were very disappointing, the mashed potatoes tasted like instant ones and for twelve dollars we received 6 stalks of asparagus that had no seasoning. It was a total rip-off and I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Nice place pleasant atmosphereNYFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Food was great...service great too. Shame to see the casino closing.Special Features:
- Best Steak In ACIAMHUNGRYDined on 9/21/2014Dry Aged Rib steak is probably the best I ever had. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner30thbdaydinnerDined on 9/19/2014I took my b/c out for his 30th birthday and it was an experience for the both of us. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Best steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014I've eaten at some great steakhouses, but this ribeye was the best I ever had.Special Features:
- Robert's is MarvelousAmyCha78Dined on 9/13/2014If you have never had the Ribeye from Robert's Steakhouse, then you have never really eaten steak. It was the most delicious cut of meat I have ever eaten. The Potato Gratin was outstanding. And the lobster bisque, served with two lobster fritters, had so much lobster meat in it that I could've eaten it with a fork. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tarmazDined on 9/13/2014This was the second time we had dinner at Robert's. Most of the servers are pleasant and comfortable. On this particular evening the server we had was very pushy as far as up selling everything on the menu. We ordered drinks, an appetizer and of course dinner entree's. And we realized that everything was ala carte. This experience of course will not discourage our future visits to Robert's. The food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service in my lifeAndyDined on 9/2/2014Waiter took 46 minutes to check on me. Never asked if I needed another drink or how my food was . I asked to speak with the manager and he acted as if he could care less. Not even a drink was comped.
- GUNNDined on 8/31/2014Best Rib Eye you can geT ! Food is Great , as is atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great Food & ServicegckcDined on 8/30/2014Great tasting steak with nice char. Outstanding service from Greg, who was very helpful with the wine selection & very accommodating with our food request. A sure bet over the big chain steak houses in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I now eat meatJPN10032Dined on 8/27/2014Not a vegetarian, but steak was never my thing until now, I now know what they mean, when they say the steak was like butter, OMG what a delight. Cocktails delish, dessert, everything, but what added to the great meal was the staff. I would go back for the food and keep going back for the staff, friendly, helpful all around great.Special Features:
- OutstandingbboomerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Excellent steak, great selection of wines and spirits, terrific service. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Best Steak dinner we have ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The evening was flawless. From the waiter helping my wife with her wine choice to the most perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willcomeback4Dined on 8/23/2014Reservation was right on time and steak was outstanding. Four diners had three different meals and we all raved about themSpecial Features:
- Standard FareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Good old school steakhouse. Not many to choose from in AC these days. Very pricy.Special Features:
- love2dinelove2dineDined on 8/14/2014Although there are several outstanding restaurants serving the Atlantic City area, in my book, Robert's Steakhouse is one of the best. This was our first dining experience at Robert's. The ambiance is noteworthy and inviting from the first moment you enter. The varied menu offered excellent selections - my friend enjoyed an elegantly rack of lamb while I feasted on a petite filet with a tasty cabernet. After two hours of good conversation, savory food, and friendly professional service, we enjoyed a 'creamy crème' , said our goodbyes, and promised to dine again at Robert's Steakhouse in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks!GusmediaDined on 8/12/2014Your typical steak house. Not the very best I've been to but certainly an excellent experience. Very attentive and knowledgeable about what they are selling. Not extremely busy but it was late at night. Overall a superb meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseLocaldinerVIPDined on 8/11/2014Easily the best steakhouse in Atlantic City. Palm's and Ruth trading on their name. Outside of the mid west the beef was the best I've had. Great service and timing. A little odd that some of the salads had no greens. Not sure why in this day and age restaurants offer sautéed asparagus when they mean steamed. Ours were limp and looked as if they had been in a steamer. But you go to a steakhouse for the meat and that was excellent. For dessert we had something that came with Maker's Mark ice cream. Outstanding. Considering the wine, filets and that most of us upgraded to a scallop or two on the filet the 100.00 a person is reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointed .OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014With so many dining options in Atlantic City , I'm sorry that we selected Roberts . Was extremely disappointed with the quality of the food . The only saving grace was the nice ambiance and friendly wait staff .
- Too much moneyAnthony2014Dined on 8/4/2014Service was good, ambienec was very good, wine selsction was very good and the food outstanding but it still cost way to much money.Special Features:
- Would recommendLovegoodfoodDined on 8/3/2014The food was exceptional. The staff were courteous and professional, and extremely attentive. Overall I would recommend the restaurant. It was a birthday celebration which we were there for, and we were not disappointed. It is a bit pricey but worth the money we spent as we really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Robert's Steak house for the first time this past weekend and truly had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent and the service the same.Special Features:
- Great Special occassion dinnerShoeluverDined on 8/2/2014David, our waiter, was very friendly and attentive. The food was fantastic but very expensive. The bowl of lobster bisque was $19. Everything is a la carte, which was fine. If you're looking for a nice night out with the girls or that special someone and you don't mind paying the prices, Robert's Steakhouse is the place to go because all the food was excellent and the wait staff caters to your every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedShoregalDined on 8/2/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. My husband loves a good steak-he ordered a rib for $48.00 which was just that- a steak with NOTHING else. I ordered stuffed shrimp-3 small shrimp with 1/2 a teaspoon of stuffing for $39.00. We ordered onion rings for $16.00 & shared them. Well, with 2 cheap glasses of wine, the bill plus tip was RIDICULOUS!!!!!! But then again, what do you expect for Atlantic City? I was hungry when we left. Never again!Special Features:
- The following 266 reviews are from the Robert's Steakhouse-Taj Mahal reviews archive.
- The Sophisticated SteakTomMartyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Beautiful new addition to the Taj in AC! Terrific, modern designed restaurant and very attentive service from their staff. Great selections of steaks and other items. Makes for a great evening!Special Features:
- Fantastic!foodforthoughtDined on 7/26/2014We eat at many steakhouses in Baltimore, Washington and Chicago; and Ruth Chris has always been our goto place, Roberts was simply amazing! We were very impressed with our waiter who was super wine knowledgeable and made great recommendations. The food was beyond our expectations and with a group of 6 keeping everyone happy is not always possible. We would definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- dry aged steak is amazing!HarveysEatsDined on 7/26/2014We had the porterhouse steak for two and it was the best steak ive ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time disappointed in RobertsGinnyVIPDined on 7/22/2014I have been to Robert's 7 or 8 times in the last 2 years. I was always extremely satisfied with every aspect of the dining experience but most of all with the quality of our dinners. Tuesday night, I invited 5 guests to join me for dinner at Robert's. Once again I was extremely disappointed in the quality and presentation of our dinners. I'm not sure if you have changed chefs but, the only thing of note was the crab cake appetizer. The iceburg salad was just thrown together, no presentation at all. The $60 ribeye steak was literally thrown on the plate and was much smaller and thinner than prior times. The lamb chops were so salty that my cousin could hardly finish them. Having said that, I think this was my last visit to Robert's!!Special Features: